• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Matchup Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
MrEh is right, I have been watching just to see if anything does cross the line and if it turns from a debate to a fight. And despite the fact that he is debating this alone he has keeped it civil and the only people that really seem to be trying to start a fight, are those who want him to leave because he has a different idea about what is being discussed.
i didnt't say he wasnt civil or crossed the line, but its still annoying if your here just to debate..theres a difference between consultation and disgussion and debateing and arguing.. you just annyo people by debating and sarcasim

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
As of now I'm a bit more interested in what people think of the ZSS matchup.
I think it's 50-50/55-45 Pit. I second ZSS and I really hate fighting against Pit when I'm using her. Pit's arrows are REALLY annoying for her since they're better then her Plasma gun so she has to do the approaching and she kinda sucks at that. I can write a summary about both characters later if you want but I'm kinda busy right now.

NinjaMeepit

Smash Rookie
Somewhat agreeable on 55-45. Though ZSS's fast jabs and arials somewhat outrange Pit, I'm assuming ZSS would have a hard time killing. But, I only used to main her in the beginning of Brawl. If not 55-45, even matchup would be ok.

Coffee™

I need it....
Someone can go ask people from the ZSS boards if they want to discuss it in here if they'd like since ZSS is just about as underplayed as Pit is although they do have much better representation with Snakeee and I don't think much players from either side have that much experience in the matchup.

I've played a good ZSS before and I have what I believe to be a fairly good opinion of the matchup but I'd rather withhold my opinion until I hear from some others.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
That is weird. In my area, Pit is overplayed. >.>

I still think Pit takes a small advantage on ZSS. He can force her approach and her plasma gun is easy to reflect because of it's obvious startup animation.

I would say the matchup is +1 in Pit's favor.

Snakeee

Smash Master
At first I thought Pit ***** her. Then I thought it was ZSS' adv, and now it seems pretty even lol. I used to hate having to approach him but then I found a lot more strengths in her close up game and she does in fact have the advantage there. My brother (Shadow) actually used to counter me with Pit until I learned the match up well.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Pit is heavily underplayed in MD/VA and so is ZSS, im the only Pit main in tournies and there are no ZSS so i have no idea about this matchup lol

Edit: Pit does have the favorable matchup against Ice Climbers but even so they have 0-Death Chain Grab... ****ing Meep lol

SSD

Smash Journeyman
I fight against a ZSS player fairly often, and I'd have say the match is even. Her attacks are generally faster than Pit's, so you'll probably lose if you try to fight within range of her tilts and single-frame jab.

As far as I know, Pit cannot punish a downsmash after blocking it.

Don't get stunned.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hmm, Snakeee you might be right, except I do feel in general it takes a little more know-so on ZSS part to beat Pit. I still agree that it's pretty even. Maybe it's just because there aren't many ZSS players around where I live.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
you sure about that jab part? Doesn't dropping the shield(instead of jumping from it for nair) take 7 frames, leaving her with 3 frames to do something? From kupo's frame data, jab is i4, just like fsmash, dsmash, usmash, dtilt...

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
the lucas match-up is wrong they go even
its not even at all if you get him of stage hes done. shoot arrows at him off stage he will absorb them and fall belwo the stage more then likely, he'll jump you fall down fair then hit em with a few more arrows, wait for him to up b into a mirrior shield. as for on the ground, keep your distance and watch for spammed PK fire and space your ftilts and fairs.. Lucas is only really dangerous if you get too close because can combo pretty well with his no lag moves. just be smart with arrows and space good fairs+ nairs and yu'll get the full advantage of the UNEVEN matchup in pits favor

rinoH

Smash Lord
a good lucas do their recovery really fast so you cant really gimp them trust me ive had experience

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Dang, I came late, but can some1 explain to me why we have an advantage against DDD?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wonder that myself, as well as a few other things:
-Why do we have an advantage over Zelda when it should be even
-Why do we have an advantage over Samus when it should be even as well
-Technically DK is harder than Bowser due to his beastly B-air range (It's spammable, like D3's), or just range in general, plus his speed being better than Bowser, and slightly runs faster than Pit in running speed. He may not have the defensive attacks that Bowser has, but his range/speed with some spikes and power make up for that. We used to have placed this matchup against DK as even.
-Lucas was considered harder than Ness since he has more recovering abilities and more annoying range (or that spammable Stick move), yet he has +2 while Ness has +1. It probably should be swapped.

Coffee™

I need it....
-Why do we have an advantage over Zelda when it should be even
It will be changed when I get around to it.

-Why do we have an advantage over Samus when it should be even as well
If you honestly think this matchup is even you have been watching too much Undr videos

-Technically DK is harder than Bowser due to his beastly B-air range (It's spammable, like D3's), or just range in general, plus his speed being better than Bowser, and slightly runs faster than Pit in running speed. He may not have the defensive attacks that Bowser has, but his range/speed with some spikes and power make up for that. We used to have placed this matchup against DK as even.
DK isn't harder than Bowser at all, for various reasons And in the previous dead matchup thread a conclusive ratio was never determined, so what are you even talking about when you say
We used to have placed this matchup against DK as even.
? I'll probably end up changing the matchup to a +2 solely because of DK's range and power

-Lucas was considered harder than Ness since he has more recovering abilities and more annoying range (or that spammable Stick move), yet he has +2 while Ness has +1. It probably should be swapped.
Ness' Fair has more range than any of Lucas' aerials for one and is just a lot better than Lucas in the air which is where it matters since Pit outclasses both of them on the ground anyway. Lucas may have a better recovery but off stage you shouldn't have any more difficulty gimping Lucas than you have with Ness.

If you're following Lucas offstage he isn't going to have time to Magnet Pull or Zap Jump. He'll just be trying to DI back to the stage similarly to Ness. And what Stick move are you talking about

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Lucas Stick move is his Fsmash, I didnt have time to put that.

For Samus you still havent seen the real damage they can do to us. Z-air, up most a feared attack since it's not only spammable, but it has such long range and stops ALL of our approaches (though u can reverse the attack with mirror Shield, but I wouldnt personally) and destroys our arrows too. Our gliding is seriously stopped by this as well.

Samus can outcamp us, one of 2 chars that can do that, with TL being the other one that can outcamp us. You will add that to her fearsome Z-air.

It isnt just those Undr vids that I have been studying, you just have to consider what we have to go up against. Samus' Z-air as said before is quite difficult to get to with a camping Samus, and she's fairly heavy, and both of us have a hard time KOing, though.

Probably had it not been for the Z-air, I may have considered it in our favor, but I can't. GL tryin to approach a good Campy Samus, for it will be difficult. You cant underestimate them like others shouldnt underestimate Pit.

Coffee™

I need it....
The Lucas Stick move is his Fsmash, I didnt have time to put that.
Lucas can't spam that >_> if you shield it, you can punish him easily.

For Samus you still havent seen the real damage they can do to us. Z-air, up most a feared attack since it's not only spammable, but it has such long range and stops ALL of our approaches (though u can reverse the attack with mirror Shield, but I wouldnt personally) and destroys our arrows too. Our gliding is seriously stopped by this as well.
Samus' Zair is the longest ranged move in the game it stops any approach if you're stupid enough to run into it all the time -_- but that doesn't make it this matchup even. If you want to approach which you honestly don't have to do anyway then Power Shield it and move on.

Samus can outcamp us, one of 2 chars that can do that, with TL being the other one that can outcamp us. You will add that to her fearsome Z-air.
Yes two characters outcamp Pit but those arent them. You'll probably go even with TL as far as camping is concerned and Samus is just a no. Your arrows destroy 3 of her 4 projectiles and cancel out her charge beam assuming it isn't fully charged, are more manueverable and cause a hell of a hard time for the generally defensive Samus playstyle. And besides, you have two reflectors. Use them :ohwell:

Falco and Olimar are the only two characters that outcamp Pit.

It isnt just those Undr vids that I have been studying, you just have to consider what we have to go up against. Samus' Z-air as said before is quite difficult to get to with a camping Samus,
I have considered it. Thats why I am saying this is no where near even. Zair makes it somewhat difficult to some extent yes but why are you trying to approach or bothered by a campy Samus in the first place? If she wants to camp go to the other side of the stage and do it back. You should win that battle 9 times out of 10.

and she's fairly heavy, and both of us have a hard time KOing, though.
Glide Attack, Fsmash, Dsmash and Bair are all kill moves along with the occasional gimp. I up to now have no idea why people think it is insanely hard for Pit to kill considering how fast he racks up damage it's not like every kill move you have is going to be stale or something.

Probably had it not been for the Z-air, I may have considered it in our favor, but I can't. GL tryin to approach a good Campy Samus, for it will be difficult. You cant underestimate them like others shouldnt underestimate Pit.
I don't understimate any of the two but Zair does not make this matchup even or even near it. Stop overrating those that don't deserve it >_>.

LoveChrist

Smash Cadet
I think Ness should be a 50:50, because Ness is an ANTI-PIT I SWEAR! Lol cause his Psi magnet can get annoying. Also his grabs are overpowered =/

MrEh

Smash Hero
I also think Pit v.s DDD is slightly in pits favor, not 6:4. 55:45 sounds about perfect imo.
Game over.

In all seriousness though, Dedede usually does well against anyone he can chaingrab. There are exceptions like Peach, but Pit is not one. Plus, he's heavy and hits like a truck.

I think Ness should be a 50:50, because Ness is an ANTI-PIT I SWEAR! Lol cause his Psi magnet can get annoying. Also his grabs are overpowered =/
You mean his grab is overpowered. SINGULAR. And Magnet is only a problem if you are spamming arrows, which you shouldn't be.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No one's goin to perfect that broken Penguin CG, and as long as we can slightly slide back a bit with DI to prevent the standing CG, that's generally all that matters to help us, but it still will hurt us.
But I do want to look at this more.

D3's D-throw has a Fixed Knockback. If it's supposed to be fixed, then that means no DI is possible, is it? Im not saying to escape it, but at least prevent the standing CG to be used against us.

MrEh

Smash Hero
No one's goin to perfect that broken Penguin CG, and as long as we can slightly slide back a bit with DI to prevent the standing CG, that's generally all that matters to help us, but it still will hurt us.
But I do want to look at this more.

D3's D-throw has a Fixed Knockback. If it's supposed to be fixed, then that means no DI is possible, is it? Im not saying to escape it, but at least prevent the standing CG to be used against us.
The standing chaingrab doesn't work on Pit anyway, so DI is moot.

Either way, the chaingrab hurts. Combined with his long grab range (2nd longest non-tether grab in the game) and Pit's relatively short ranged attacks, there will be lots of opportunities for Dedede to get the grab in. As for aerials, Dedede's Bair beats all of Pit's.

Matchup should be 40-60 IMO. 45-55 max.

Dedede is serious business.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Zero suit should be at an advantage against pit, her whip that brings flying characters down is annoying, same for when doing glide attacks.

Same thing goes for zelda, she can easily counter glide attacks and flying techniques, even WoI.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I would put ZZS at 5:5 or her advantage. Her sideB can make it hard for you to approach by ground and by air, she'll punish with her faster aerials. The only way you could fair through her is by ledge camping (avoid it if she starts dsmashing the ledge) or spamming LOTS of arrows.

Coffee™

I need it....
ZSS vs Pit is neutral. Maybe 55:45 in someones favor but there is no real notable advantage for either of them.

Coffee™

I need it....
Edited the first post with some stuff that needed to change.

Donkey Kong from +3 to +2
Jigglypuff from +3 to +2
King Dedede from +2 to 0
Ness from +1 to +2
Sheik from 0 to +1

Levitas

the moon
huh, last time I played the matchup, lucas v pit seemed very even.

You guys do camp us decently at long range, but can't cause any damage. We do quite well at a medium range, too.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
I think ness is quite easy once you get him off the stage and gimp him out of his second jump. You can mirror shield. But what i really like to do is, right as they're pulling out the UP+B (or about to) i run off next to ness and WoI right next to him, then recover back onto stage. That should push him off to the side, ruining the path.

Coffee™

I need it....
I think ness is quite easy once you get him off the stage and gimp him out of his second jump. You can mirror shield. But what i really like to do is, right as they're pulling out the UP+B (or about to) i run off next to ness and WoI right next to him, then recover back onto stage. That should push him off to the side, ruining the path.
It also doesn't help Ness any that Pit can Fsmash and Dsmash him out of a grab making killing him even easier.

huh, last time I played the matchup, lucas v pit seemed very even.

You guys do camp us decently at long range, but can't cause any damage. We do quite well at a medium range, too.
Lucas having pk magnet doesnt mean that he wont be recieving any damage, well provided the pit player isn't just shooting constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom