• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Matchup Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of Luigi vs Pit?
It's definitely in Pit's favor. Luigi wrecks you until you hit 40%, then he fails to spacing. If he ever gets inside your spacing, you wingdash once and you get a free reset. DownB is Luigi's fastest option to close in, but if you see it coming from a distance you can MS it and go back to spamming. Pit is never in free fall so you dont get hit by shoryuken often, and the only thing he can really reach you with is bair.

Luigi has better kill power and is hard to gimp, but thats pretty much it. Luigi's nair usually has a big effect on how his matchups turn out, and it's not very useful against Pit because of the difference in range.

I'd say somewhere around 60:40 in Pit's favor. You should prolly run this by the Luigi boards tho. Most of this is off of theory bc I dont play alot of Luigis and the ones I do play arent phenomenal. If there's any corrections or modifications that need to be made, they'd be a big help.

EDIT
Adm: Wolf's reflector doesn't bother Pit too much if you space him well. Bair is a huge pain, but Wolf is forced to use it in order to rack damage. His most reliable kill move in this matchup is dsmash bc fsmash is predictable unless he catches you while you're spamming (which you shouldnt be doing alot bc of he's quick reflector). It's prolly around 60:40 for Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I find Luigi to be slightly even with Pit with his quick aerials and the U-tilt trap til like 40%.
As for Pit, he'd probably be outranged, but he probably have a better chance of gimping luigi than the other way around, but because of his kind of variants on recovering, its kinda hard to predict, cept Shoot arrows on his Side-B to stop him in his tracks.
I'll give more info later when i wake up.

Coffee™

I need it....
I find Luigi to be slightly even with Pit with his quick aerials and the U-tilt trap til like 40%.
As for Pit, he'd probably be outranged, but he probably have a better chance of gimping luigi than the other way around, but because of his kind of variants on recovering, its kinda hard to predict, cept Shoot arrows on his Side-B to stop him in his tracks.
I'll give more info later when i wake up.
No offense Adm but you seem to think everyone of his matchups is even aside from like MK and GW :confused:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No offense Adm but you seem to think everyone of his matchups is even aside from like MK and GW :confused:
It sounds more like an offense. I'd like u to fight a Luigi and see for urself!
AND I never mentioned Marth, Wario, Olimar, Falco, Bowser, or Ganon even now do i!

All of luigi's aerials are generally faster than Pit's, cept the N-air, which is nothing more than a lingering hitbox. Then the U-tilt thing trapping u til about 40% unless u got professional DI. As far as range goes, Luigi is supposed to slightly outrange Pit, and then the Fsmash cancel to allow him to use it faster.
Then the Jab to Up-B....

Perhaps we should call some Luigi mains for their own input instead of making our own assumptions, especially when we can have input from both sides.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
It sounds more like an offense. I'd like u to fight a Luigi and see for urself!
AND I never mentioned Marth, Wario, Olimar, Falco, Bowser, or Ganon even now do i!

All of luigi's aerials are generally faster than Pit's, cept the N-air, which is nothing more than a lingering hitbox. Then the U-tilt thing trapping u til about 40% unless u got professional DI. As far as range goes, Luigi is supposed to slightly outrange Pit, and then the Fsmash cancel to allow him to use it faster.
Then the Jab to Up-B....

Perhaps we should call some Luigi mains for their own input instead of making our own assumptions, especially when we can have input from both sides.
daang.. easy there. lets keep one thread from being a you wrong and im right.. the 3 most mature Pits are here talking about this stuff and i like to keep it that way

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
People say Pit vs yoshi is 50-50.

Pit vs luigi is just a lol match-up. I honestly would say its in luigi's favor. But I could be wrong. One of my crew members mains luigi and me and him go even but i find it harder for me to ko luigi then he has koing me. His down-b Stops Arrows and Cancels his down b so he can approach with down while your spamming arrows. You shouldn't really be spamming arrows at luigi unless he is off the stage. Watch out for jabs cause up-b is gonna usually come after it. Most luigi's I fight usually ariel camp Which is really annoying to get around but if you space your fair right you can outpriotize him. Also if they proceed to air dodge after attacks pivot grab them. Pivot grab > ariel dodge. F-smash is also a move i recommend you watch out for, it has ridiculous knockback it can kill Pit at 80% if DI'd wrong. Overall Luigi has better killing options on Pit then Pit has on luigi. I would ban yoshi's island jab gimps suck really hard. Oh dont even try to Cg or throw forward F-smash he can Nair out of it. Best killing move on Luigi is glide attack even if he sheild it you will be out of his sheild grabbing range cause of his traction Unless he power sheild its then be worried. Also F-smash can work if they dont know how to smash di out of it. Bair does wonders. And Dash attack Cancels his down-b so follow up with a ftilt(kinda laggy)(or Wingdash backwards then attempt dash attack again) if you cling with down b if you attempt a Dash attack kill. Its kinda a hard match-up but if you play defensive and not overly agressive until he is off the stage you should do fine. Its 55-45 Luigi or 50-50

Afropony

Smash Lord
I like fighting Luigi's because wingdashing screws them over so much.

Luigi's recovery is also fairly predictable (apart from the misfire) so it's usually pretty easy to intercept him with a Fair or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom