• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit is S Tier

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
i have known that before^^

i think he is there because japanese players are all as cool as we are-->XD

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Very interesting Thread, thanks for posting it.
From what I've seen so far, I like the Japanese Pit Player called "POPPY" a lot.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
I love Pit to death but I think that his position is just too high. He can't be better than Marth, Dedede or Wario. I think he can be better than Diddy and ROB though. I acctually find them over rated.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
maybe they simply know some crap we havent found that puts him waaay up there, or they're just bs-ing, or they have some creepy pit fetish.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Japan apparently likes Pit.

As a Japanese person, I find it somewhat hilarious.
hmm thats odd, i always saw you as a canadian, partially due to your name, partially due to your trolling ability

oh and you ugys have to realize pit isnt just s tier in japan for people with good pit ability, but its just a different play style by all the characters and pit apparently flourishes in this style

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
hmm thats odd, i always saw you as a canadian, partially due to your name, partially due to your trolling ability

oh and you ugys have to realize pit isnt just s tier in japan for people with good pit ability, but its just a different play style by all the characters and pit apparently flourishes in this style
This makes sense, and in our play style Pit is just decent.

I wish I played with Japanese, their style of play looks way more fun.

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
I love Pit to death but I think that his position is just too high. He can't be better than Marth, Dedede or Wario. I think he can be better than Diddy and ROB though. I acctually find them over rated.

tier lists aren't about how good the char is, they just list which char wins most tournaments

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
tier lists aren't about how good the char is, they just list which char wins most tournaments
Its actually more of character potential, and then comes tournament representation later.

I'm also going lolwut at S tier Pit, any recent videos we can watch of Japanese Pits?

and I wonder how Fox deals with Pika/ZSS etc etc in jpn with him being high on the list.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOkFLXwPzM0

Masashi is something like 2nd or 3rd in Japan and mains Pit. The way he uses him is kind of like some wierd MK/Wario/Falco hybrid. Pretty cool. Check the DJDair and Arrow work. He also uses WoI to snap to the edge faster, which I don't think I've seen any NA Pits doing.

For the record, Souther is also ranked top 5, so this "set" is legit.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Pit does better in their current metagame, so therefore, Pit is ranked higher. Having some of Japan's best players using Pit doesn't hurt either. lol

A lot of people think I'm Mexican. lol

Teraman3

Smash Rookie
As much as I would like this to be true, I just can't see Pit being better than someone like Game & Watch.

Do they know something we don't?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Do they know something we don't?
Probably not. If they were doing something glaringly different, we would have noticed it already.

Pit probably just does better in their metgame. Hell, Fox is high over there after all.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Maybe because the Japanese players don't ***** around about how cheap MK is and are actually focusing on metagames for all characters. I'm not too surprised that Pit is S tier though, however Fox being A tier is a shock.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I'd say Pit deffinietly belongs in S.
Super Arrows
Super Wings
Sword things

If you took seriously, I'm sorry. I've played against a good Pit. O_O
I was saying "DIE ALREADY!" and "HOW CHEAP IS THAT?!" So I quit Meta.

Coffee™

I need it....
You guys do realise there is a stickied video thread on the Pit boards with Masashi vids?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
They spam like hell...
lol spam is easily beaten, id say tactical use of arrows, if you noticed masashi stops tons of nades from coming at him by sniping them with arrows, which takes some skill whether you like it or not

plus if the snake isnt going to approach what else would he do, when pit can outclass snake at a distance, doesnt it make sense to stay at a distance? arrows are not spam, unless you are just straight shooting them

silly scrub

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
S is where pit belongs. They say japan is 10 years ahead in technology. They're probably a few years ahead in Brawl.

BTW can anyone link me to the tier list for japan? I'm quite curious.

Copie

Smash Rookie
I've always thought that Pit has the abilities to be in a higher Tier. He's got so much stuff that seems so **** good. Although S Tier may be a leap, I like him better there then where he is over here.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
lol spam is easily beaten, id say tactical use of arrows, if you noticed masashi stops tons of nades from coming at him by sniping them with arrows, which takes some skill whether you like it or not

plus if the snake isnt going to approach what else would he do, when pit can outclass snake at a distance, doesnt it make sense to stay at a distance? arrows are not spam, unless you are just straight shooting them

silly scrub
Totally second that.

As for the S-tier, wow... i'm very impressed.

number1ricky

Smash Cadet
seems to me, in order to be a "good" Pit player you have to turtle, run away, grab the edge xThousand times, never approach ur oppenent until there at enough percent that any tilt A can kill them.

Sniper X

Smash Cadet
seems to me, in order to be a "good" Pit player you have to turtle, run away, grab the edge xThousand times, never approach ur oppenent until there at enough percent that any tilt A can kill them.
And this is a problem how? Besides, if you can keep pit moving and attack then you can charge in, swipe a few hits, back out, do it again. But Pit is designed to be a distance fighter. Not a close range one.

Gea

Smash Master
Eh, from what I can tell from vids (which is never accurate) those players seemed overly technical in comparison to most of ours. The Snake was basically a timer, very VERY good at cooking nades and the pit was very accurate with arrows...

but American gameplay would obliterate that.

Metatitan

Smash Master
yeah ally or razer wouldve ***** masachi hard. not to mention m2k would **** any mk in japan. their metagame is below our IMO, but theirs is more fun considering all characters receive attention

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
im disappointed actually, they play differently but not necessarily better
i expected fewer mistakes from the best pit in japan... i mean hes pretty good with the arrows and whatnot
but all in all hes doesnt measure up to sagemoon... *sniff sniff*, I MISS HIM!!!

still excellent aim with the arrows

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
im disappointed actually, they play differently but not necessarily better
i expected fewer mistakes from the best pit in japan... i mean hes pretty good with the arrows and whatnot
but all in all hes doesnt measure up to sagemoon... *sniff sniff*, I MISS HIM!!!

still excellent aim with the arrows
I saw that best pit in japans videos too, he isnt very fancy or a showboat is he. And wht happen to sagemoon? His combo vids are cool

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Well kel should have more recent vids lately, he says they play just like we do. I think that recently they have caught up quite fast

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOkFLXwPzM0

Masashi is something like 2nd or 3rd in Japan and mains Pit. The way he uses him is kind of like some wierd MK/Wario/Falco hybrid. Pretty cool. Check the DJDair and Arrow work. He also uses WoI to snap to the edge faster, which I don't think I've seen any NA Pits doing.

For the record, Souther is also ranked top 5, so this "set" is legit.
Campiest pit I've ever seen...I need to start doing that, that was amazing.

that Pit is so amazing, I think in actuality that Masashi's play style would probably tool us pretty hard. it just seems godly.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
I saw that best pit in japans videos too, he isnt very fancy or a showboat is he. And wht happen to sagemoon? His combo vids are cool
no he isnt very fancy at all, and he also made a few mistakes, and un-used opporutnity's
sagemoon quit brawl, wanted to focus on his life, apparently the dude was a track star or something like that

What? I do that all the time. I thought it was pretty common. I'm pretty sure I learned it from an American video.
i thought so as well, seems fairly standard, i learned it from sage vids

Top Bottom