• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Reaper's Crew Tourney In a world where Sharks can fly we're all ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
also, latias is OU now.
but i think latios is still Uber.
Latias is OU, Latios is currently suspect. Testing for Latios ends tomorrow and then voting begins. Should he make it into the OU tier he will be allowed in this tournament.
Okay, thanks for the help guys.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They want a team of Missingnos. =P

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
ENTRANTS LIST IS FULL

For the next few days I will be taking Subs, preparing brackets and handing out team types.

A few new rules:

-Should a player become inactive in the first round of the tourney he will be subbed unless there are no open subs, in which case the most active player will take the win.

-This tournament is Double Elimination so if you get a difficult match up round one(Fire vs Water) don't complain to me, you still have a chance

-Steel has quickly become the new banned type, as such, Mono-Dragon will now be allowed and Mono-Steel will be banned.

-No Johns

-Seriously, if you John too much I will drop you from the tourney -_-

-All matches fall upon the Players to be completed. It's up to you to get a hold of your opponents and finish your matches.

-Should a sub be needed, the one week time limit will be extended to give the new player enough time to learn his typing, create a team and finish he match. This extension is ONLY for subs.

-NO JOHNS

-Each type will only be used once. 16 players, 16 different team types.

NEXT ORDER OF BUISNESS

Now that the entrants list is capped off we can begin rather soon, however Latios testing ends tomorrow and voting begins shortly after. I would once again like a vote on whether or not I should wait to start the tourney before Latios' voting is completed.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I'm all for waiting to see the results of the Latios vote.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Altaria
Salamence
Garchomp
Latias

....wow... there ARE enough dragons.

Also... you guys noticed that we aren't allowed to pick our own type, right?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Altaria
Salamence
Garchomp
Latias

Yup.

And I think everyone realized it and was just joking around (especially whiterob), though I could be wrong.

M.K

Level 55
Dragonite
Kingdra
Flygon
Altaria
Salamence
Garchomp
Latias

All of those are decently capable of causing trouble, as well. Scary o.0
Pink Reaper, you should use this tournament as a baseline test if you plan to do anymore in the future. If you observe that the Dragon Team easily slices through the competition to win, you can ban them in the future.

Now I have to download Shoddy XD

Niiro

Smash Ace
but all of those dragons do the same thing.....
just get a CB weavile, locked into iceshard/punch

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
All of those are decently capable of causing trouble, as well. Scary o.0
Pink Reaper, you should use this tournament as a baseline test if you plan to do anymore in the future. If you observe that the Dragon Team easily slices through the competition to win, you can ban them in the future.

Now I have to download Shoddy XD
Im already planning my next tourney, assuming this one goes well. It wont be another mono-type tourney but I'll probably do another one of these in the future as well. I intend to host less standard tournaments than what is normally held(as im sure you can already tell) but I'll probably do some standard OU tourneys as well.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think banning steel is a mistake. It's the only thing that resist Dragon so whomever get's dragon is going to **** the competition. I also think you should allow each person to pick their own type. Nothing would be lamer than getting stuck with bug.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I think banning steel is a mistake. It's the only thing that resist Dragon so whomever get's dragon is going to **** the competition. I also think you should allow each person to pick their own type. Nothing would be lamer than getting stuck with bug.
Ice doesnt take anal advantage of Dragon typing?

and Bug isnt all bad- Scizor, Heracross, Ninjask, SHUCKLE!, Forretress, (shedinja?), Yanmega........ looks like Scizor/Hera has some BP speed coming its way.

im more scared of getting stuck with poison.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Why does everyone think bug is the worst type? What about the poor sap stuck with Grass or Fire?

Also, Im not banning Steel(Hell, i was banning dragon >_>) the ban is for that team type, i.e, no one gets mono-steel. Steel types are still allowed.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Why does everyone think bug is the worst type? What about the poor sap stuck with Grass or Fire?

Also, Im not banning Steel(Hell, i was banning dragon >_>) the ban is for that team type, i.e, no one gets mono-steel. Steel types are still allowed.
i dont think mono-steel is unreasonable. Having a weakness to fire, fighting, and ground (3 of the 4 best offensive move typings) is MASSIVE, and pretty much any team will have a decent pokemon using those moves.

EDIT- Arceus isnt considered Uber tier at the moment.... its banned from Ubers- I think Bug, Poison, Grass, and Fire should all be allowed plated Arceus.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Arceus isnt considered Uber tier at the moment.... its banned from Ubers- I think Bug, Poison, Grass, and Fire should all be allowed plated Arceus.
If Ubers aren't allowed, why would something banned from UBERS be allowed?

Arceus has the highest overall stats of any Pokemon. It shouldn't be allowed with any type, no matter their disadvantages. This isn't Brawl, we're not trying to make everything perfectly equal by giving people an unfair advantage.
/Brawl-bashing

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
i dont think mono-steel is unreasonable. Having a weakness to fire, fighting, and ground (3 of the 4 best offensive move typings) is MASSIVE, and pretty much any team will have a decent pokemon using those moves.

EDIT- Arceus isnt considered Uber tier at the moment.... its banned from Ubers- I think Bug, Poison, Grass, and Fire should all be allowed plated Arceus.
...You're kidding, right?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
TEAMS HAVE BEEN HANDED OUT

As im sure many of you are now aware, I have just PM'd your team typing to you. Please do your best to keep your type a secret for as long as possible. I will post your matches in 3 days and from there you will have a week to finish your first match.

Please note, I did not hand pick your team types for you, it was done randomly. If you got a type you did not want or consider to be poor, I did not do it purposefully, it's just the luck of the draw. Likewise if you got a team you were hoping for, I did not give it to you because you wanted it.

As for Latios, I've chosen to start the tourney before voting has begun, as such Latios is still considered Uber. I apologize to those who wished to wait but I don't want to slow this tournament down for any reasons as the last few that were attempted to be held either barely finished or didn't at all.

Grunt

Smash Master
strange.
It seems i can only connect if i have the host and port. oh well it works now, so w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom