• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar Land into Brawl

CRAZYxGAMER

Smash Rookie
ummm i think most of what Dark Link said were possible... but idk about pacman, pokey, mr. game $ watch, gannon or cpt. falcon, marth, and some others that u said

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I wonder what his FS will be, i have a huge feeling it will be exactly like Dedede's and Pit's FS, but this time with Pikmin! I was shocked at the fact we got the final newcomer making a complete 24 characters on the DOJO yet i was even more surprised that it was Olimar of all characters, i would have never thought that he would be a PC, maybe as an AT but.... well this threw my idea out the window. I bet tomorrow we shall get his special moves or his FS.

Standard B = pikmin summon

> B = Pikmin Bomb

^ B =Pikmin chain

V B =Pikmin body slam.

FS = Pikmin army

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Un-be-freakin-lee-vah-bull.

...the only sad thing about this is this is probably the last exciting update till release.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Yes, finally a character update! I was surprised because I didn't stay up last night for the Dojo update and this definitely makes my day. I wonder how he's going to play since Olimar's going to need his Pikmin to do most of the dirty work.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what his FS will be, i have a huge feeling it will be exactly like Dedede's and Pit's FS, but this time with Pikmin! I was shocked at the fact we got the final newcomer making a complete 24 characters on the DOJO yet i was even more surprised that it was Olimar of all characters, i would have never thought that he would be a PC, maybe as an AT but.... well this threw my idea out the window. I bet tomorrow we shall get his special moves or his FS.

Standard B = pikmin summon

> B = Pikmin Bomb

^ B =Pikmin chain

V B =Pikmin body slam.

FS = Pikmin army
If kirby copies Olimar, all he would be able to do would be summoning Pikmin?

Patinator

Smash Champion
While I've never really supported Olimar, I must say congratulations to the Pikmen and other Olimar supporters! Olimar could've ended up as an AT, but Sakurai was thoughtful enough to make him playable, unlike other characters like Stafy and Waluigi. (Not that I supported them...)

And the music was nice because it seemed to have been made with bagpipes. :estatic:

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I hope he's minion intensive. I hope he can get rid of the Pikmin himself by throwing or setting to a task (like walking on the ground and slowing/damaging people. This way he'll be very interesting. A fine balance in gameplay is needed, but here's to hoping he's a good character.

nintenfreak92

Smash Rookie
I am soo excited that there is another unique character in the game, i so am looking forward to him

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon Deconfirmed! There can't be more than one Captain, it'd be a mess! Lol JK. This is the perfect surprise character to get us siked! I had a pic that I made of Captain Olimar Teasing Pokemon Trainer, but I don't know how to put it up. It's pretty funny lol.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I've never played Pikmin, but I've heard it's a great game.

For other people like me, here's what you need to know about it:

There are 3 kinds of "pikmin" (little plant people that help Captain Olimar - Olimar is the english version of the Japanese palindrome for Mario, by the way):
• Red ones (immune to fire)
• Blue ones (can swim / not drown)
• Yellow ones (jump higher, can carry bomb rocks)

Each pikmin has either a leaf (weak), bud (medium), or flower (strong) on top of their head, as well.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

There are 3 kinds of "pikmin" (little plant people that help Captain Olimar - Olimar is the english version of the Japanese palindrome for Mario, by the way):

Each pikmin has either a leaf (weak), bud (medium), or flower (strong) on top of their head, as well.
There's actually 5, and the Yellow ones are Immune to electricity too.

And it's not that they jump higher, it's that they are lighter so can therefore be thrown farther. I don't think the Pikmin actually jump themselves.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Well I believe this is our second to last character update until the launch.

This assumption is based on the even number rule that is seen in most games. We have 23 character starting characters (Zero suit Samus is essentially Samus). though this theory is very stupid as the character screen could easily be lst Row: 8 2nd Row: 8 3rd Row 7.

But if we do get another character it will mostly likely be a new challenger, making the veteren characters 12 and the New Players: also 12.

Also to take in hand we might get the update for Sheik. Assuming she's in the game and a transformation of Zelda.

But Captain Olimar is a very unique addition and i look forward to playing him. When i saw the New Challenger Approaching I jumped for joy because I knew it couldn't be a veteren.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice

That was all that there was in Pikmin 1 (though I thought the red ones were slightly better fighters, and I know the yellow ones were also immune to electricity), but in Pikmin 2, they also added purple and white.

• Purple ones (as heavy and strong as 10 pikmin of any other color)
• White ones (immune to poison/poison enemies that eat them/can dig out hidden treasure)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well I believe this is our second to last character update until the launch.

This assumption is based on the even number rule that is seen in most games. We have 23 character starting characters (Zero suit Samus is essentially Samus). though this theory is very stupid as the character screen could easily be lst Row: 8 2nd Row: 8 3rd Row 7.

But if we do get another character it will mostly likely be a new challenger, making the veteren characters 12 and the New Players: also 12.

Also to take in hand we might get the update for Sheik. Assuming she's in the game and a transformation of Zelda.

But Captain Olimar is a very unique addition and i look forward to playing him. When i saw the New Challenger Approaching I jumped for joy because I knew it couldn't be a veteren.
I don't really understand what you mean by this.

We have 12 Newcomers and 12 Veterans so far.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand what you mean by this.

We have 12 Newcomers and 12 Veterans so far.
Zero Suit Samus doesn't use up a character space on the character select screen. So essentially we have only 23 characters to choose from the starting roster. I believe that we are going to have 24 starting characters at the beginning of the game because almost every game in history starts out with an even number of characters on a character selection screen.

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
Seriously Olimar is gonna suck. Im probably never gonna try to play with him at all. All I truly want now is Megaman and/or Crash Bandicoot( which probably wont happen :( )

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm shocked and not shocked at the same time,

Shocked cause it's the first character revealed in ages and not shocked because I knew he would make it.

I'm delighted, I've played both pikmin games and I found them very fun to play, I look forward to playing as him in brawl. :D

Now that we know he's in I hope it will put a stop to this Size argument once and for all.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
A character that I was a bit iffy with thinking of a moveset, and Sakurai does a good job at making him one that works.

Yet another fun character in the lineup.

Can't wait for more Pikmin updates on the Dojo, if any.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I've never played Pikmin before (looking to get it off of Ebay at the moment) but Olimar looks like he's going to be an amazing character. First Pokemon Trainer, now Olimar, the uniqueness doesn't stop!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I think I can make a safe guess for Olimar's B moveset

Down B - Pluck Pikmin out of the ground
Side B - Signal to keep pikmin together I guess
B - it must be attack or defense move that Kirby can copy
Up B - maybe Tether Recovery, depend on how many pikmin you have and it will throw pikmin to the ground as chain/rope. or it could be ufo jump lol

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I've never played Pikmin before (looking to get it off of Ebay at the moment) but Olimar looks like he's going to be an amazing character. First Pokemon Trainer, now Olimar, the uniqueness doesn't stop!
I agreed that it is pretty unique character, but it is also predictable character to be in brawl. No one expect Pokemon Trainer tho.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Seriously Olimar is gonna suck. Im probably never gonna try to play with him at all. All I truly want now is Megaman and/or Crash Bandicoot( which probably wont happen :( )
How can you seriously mean something like that without knowing how he plays/not having ever played with him at all? It's stupid.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I was expecting a certain Captain to be revealed today...it seems I guessed the wrong one.

Rash

Smash Ace
I agreed that it is pretty unique character, but it is also predictable character to be in brawl. No one expect Pokemon Trainer tho.
Yeah, well, people keep saying that characters are predictable, even though they want them in. Ridley, Krystal, and some others all seem predictable to me, and they all seem like great choices for the game. If Sakurai chooses them, no one should complain about predictibility when they are shoe-in characters that the majority can agree on.

We got lucky with Pokemon Trainer. But, otherwise, there's a reason why popular characters have shown their faces on Brawl. I don't think we should expect many more "WTF?" characters or real surprises. Maybe one or two tops.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Predictions:

1. I think that Olimar will only be able to do tilts, grabs, and jabs the ground without pikmin(and will still have his dash attack). And in the air he'd only have neutralAir without his pikmin. So basically he'd have little to no killing power without them.

2. Having Pikmin will unlock all his smash attacks and aerials.

3. He'd have a B-move that throws a Pikmin on the enemy and if it hits the Pikmin latches onto them and does continious damage like Lip's Stick did in Melee. If the Pikmin misses it'd return to Olimar.

4. Opponents will be able to kill individual Pikmin(think of them as just ALOT of Nanas)

5. If heavy purple pikmin latch onto the opponent they will be weighed down heavily thus making recovering back to the field very difficult.

6. All his Pikmin moves will be Pikmin based except his NeutralB because Kirby would need something to steal that doesn't involve using Pikimin(obviously).

7. He'll be able to pluck them out rather quickly.

8. Pikmin will die and get seperated rather easily thus making him difficult to play in the competitive scene just a tad.(or not, lets hope)

Top Bottom