• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar Land into Brawl

Azamgi

Smash Rookie
Yay! Captain Olimar! I am glad that he is in. He will certainly add more variety to the game as far as characters go.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
B.A.C.O.N Stands for something i cant remember, it's another name for Final Smash
LOL that's dumb, they should just use the real name.

Here's my pic. Funny eh? It's kind of a tribute to how Olimar kinda overshadowed Pokemon Trainer in hype buildup. Woot! Olimar's in Brawl!
5 seconds in mspaint :(...
WHO THE HELL IS GENO?!?!? This was all everybody was asking for and most of you lot whine about getting your way! Now I really want to e-mail Sakurai and tell him that people think the characters in Brawl are stupid, and he's stupid too! Geez, people...
**** lurk moar!! He's from what many have called the best Mario game, and one of the best RPGs in history!
Man, this just reiterates how badly we need Super Mario RPG for the Virtual Console...It's like the oldest Mario game that hasn't been remade or ported yet.

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
i already posted this morning but after a while of thought i think I really like cap'n Ollimer in the game i don't think noobs will play with him because he seems like a character that you have to figure out but i can expect him to be low tier but have very great posibilities just like ice climber. I also think he will bring another comepletley new moveset to the game. deffinately a character i'm gonna try out :)
also i would like to see screen shots with olimer in them i also loved the music

MR. SAKURAI I APPLOUD YOU

navillus

Smash Apprentice
is anyone else bothered by the fact you can only read the last ten comments on the smash news page? I'm an avid reader and I'm not a big fan of this

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
ive never played pikmin and dont no alot about olimar, but im just glad the drought is over. mabey i should buy a pikmin game...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
im gonna something off topic i aplogize (^^)v ...but

OMG we have one more month till Brawl comes (in America) YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! to those who are from Europe plz note that i wasnt trying to rub it in anyone's face im just excited that's all (^^)v

FeroxFortis

Smash Rookie
In the first picture, where Olimar is standing with his three pikmin, i think we get a small insight into Sakurais brain. Look at each of the pikmin, the expressions on their faces, and how advanced each one is.. i.e. whether they have a leaf, bud, or flower on top. The red pikmin is engaged in running, a thoughtless action, also his face is expressionless.. and he has a leaf on his head, meaning he is the least advanced. The blue pikmin with the flower bud, is standing there deep in thought..pondering something it looks like. Finally the yellow pikmin, the one with the flower on top, the most advanced, looks like he just had a Eureka moment...or achieved enlightenment. I just thought it was interesting how each pikmins expression corresponded to their varying stages of evolution. Badass Sakurai.. Badass...

I for one will be maining Olimar, regardless of his tier.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
In the first picture, where Olimar is standing with his three pikmin, i think we get a small insight into Sakurais brain. Look at each of the pikmin, the expressions on their faces, and how advanced each one is.. i.e. whether they have a leaf, bud, or flower on top. The red pikmin is engaged in running, a thoughtless action, also his face is expressionless.. and he has a leaf on his head, meaning he is the least advanced. The blue pikmin with the flower bud, is standing there deep in thought..pondering something it looks like. Finally the yellow pikmin, the one with the flower on top, the most advanced, looks like he just had a Eureka moment...or achieved enlightenment. I just thought it was interesting how each pikmins expression corresponded to their varying stages of evolution. Badass Sakurai.. Badass...

I for one will be maining Olimar, regardless of his tier.

Thank Miyamoto for that, not Sakurai.

Ryu Phoenix

Smash Rookie
I know I'm a little late on this, but wow. And I thought Dedede was awesome. Urge to main rising, and if it doesn't subside by February 10th, Link, Dedede and P&O will be my super sentai trio of doom.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He looks like he's going to be very fun to play.

It looks like he was integrated well, too. I can't wait to play as him! ^_^

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
at first I did not like olimer but after I seen his character update he might be intresting.

I picked up a used pikimen game from gamestop just to get familar with the character.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Why'd he do that? Because he's a lummox, inn't he? Well, we'll throw a magnificent garden party and you're not invited he he. [notices the rock he just threw. picks it up and licks it] A rock. [throws it again] Now we're being followed by rocks. Never heard of that before.- Captain Jack Sparrow, POTC: At World's End

Just because he doesn't look offensive you say that he isn't good? I mean, come on!!! He's using one of his Pikmin as a sword!!! He is bad***!

This is exactly what I mean! People whine and whine and whine for a new character and when they finally get one, they whine and whine and whine about what character it was and why another character wasn't shown yet!

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Why'd he do that? Because he's a lummox, inn't he? Well, we'll throw a magnificent garden party and you're not invited he he. [notices the rock he just threw. picks it up and licks it] A rock. [throws it again] Now we're being followed by rocks. Never heard of that before.- Captain Jack Sparrow, POTC: At World's End
WTF???
What's that gotta do with anything?

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Well, there's yer problem!- Adam, Mythbusters

No, I did expressively state in one of my far previous posts that from now on, each one of my posts are accompanied by a random quote from somewhere. As you can tell, I have nothing better to do and I decided to do something extremely pointless as a result.:)

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's yer problem!- Adam, Mythbusters

No, I did expressively state in one of my far previous posts that from now on, each one of my posts are accompanied by a random quote from somewhere. As you can tell, I have nothing better to do and I decided to do something extremely pointless as a result.:)
Wow, that's....

...lame...:urg:

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
Totally epic that Olimar got added. :cool:

Wonder what his stage'll be like? :dizzy: I can only imagine it with those big red arsehole big things from the games, maybe like a side scrolling version of the Ice Climbers stage fae Melee. :dizzy::dizzy:

Who knowss....

dookieSMASH

Smash Cadet
at first I did not like olimer but after I seen his character update he might be intresting.

I picked up a used pikimen game from gamestop just to get familar with the character.
JINX, i did the samething today, right when i went and reserved brawl:)

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I've been a mad pikmin fan since the release of the first one, even my dad has. I think when I get brawl, I'll show my dad Olimar and see if he recognizes him.

Yoshilover123

Smash Rookie
I can't beleive it! I wish Bowser Jr. came in the game instead of Captian Olimar and Pikmin!! I thought Brawl was going to be great...but it's starting to go down hill...

Patinator

Smash Champion
That's your first post? Uh-huh. Whining.

Mkay, tell me how ONE character ruins Brawl. I despise the Mother series, yet I'll still love Brawl just as much with or without Mother people.

...Some people...

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Just one thing to call this guy: ******!!! You like, 7 or something?
People are entitled to their own opinions. Just because this guy prefers Jr. Bowser over Olimar doesn't mean he's ********. I myself aren't so keen on Olimar, but I'm happy with this update since we haven't gotten a newcomer in a couple of months.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I can't beleive it! I wish Bowser Jr. came in the game instead of Captian Olimar and Pikmin!! I thought Brawl was going to be great...but it's starting to go down hill...
How does Olimer ruin brawl, heck I don't like Bowser Jr it reminds me to much of Bowser and I rather have someone else like olimer but Brawl wii defintly not suck if Bowser Jr is in I just will not use him as much. If one character ruins the game for you then your not much of a SSBB fan anyway.

uberbob: it's not that he don't like the character it's that he is saying Brawl is going to suck just becuse of that character.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Well, boo hoo to you too!

Oh, marvellous. You're going to kill me. What a finely tuned response to the situation.- The Doctor, Doctor Who

Yes, I know that putting up quotes is "lame:urg:" but it's just something that I really feel like doing.

Seriously, if you think that one character ruins Brawl, you shouldn't even be here! At least other people didn't say "Brawl is ruined! Boo hoo!" You are one of the people that really ticks me off! It's even worse then "Christmas is ruined!!!" Now I really feel like e-mailling Sakurai and telling him that he should really stop because nobody likes all this work he is doing! He is just wasting his time.:mad:

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Yeah, man. What all of you guys said. Anyways, you know that Bowser Jr. would be a clone. And I think Sakurai said somewhere that there would be no clones. Or, if there will be, all clones are unlockable, so quit whining, nOOb.
Um, who is to say he will be a clone? You know very little of the Mario Universe. Troll.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
WHOA. Whoa. Whoa. whoa... No.

No. Just no.

First off, where the hell did the "Omg Olimar took someone's spot omg!" come from? Eh? I want someone to give me a logical reason as to why Olimar HAD to have taken someone's spot, instead of being a character along with say, Bowser Jr.

You must know the limit on characters. Share it, please, if you are all-knowing.

Second, Brawl is going down-hill because Olimar was added? Well, you've certainly made enemies of all of the Pikmen, and I'd like to know your reasoning as to why adding a character with such a unique moveset, AI minions, and a vvery original playstyle makes an already great game bad, instead of making it even greater.

Please, tell me why, with logical reasoning, you think the game is going downhill because an original character like Olimar was added.

another thing, Im also a bowser Jr. supporter, so its not that I dont want him. I was reacting to you saying Olimar took his pot, and Olimar maes Brawl suck.

@ the people who say Bowser Jr. will be a bowser clone. What??

Did you ever even play SMS? Magic Paintbrush, plus shadow mario transformation, plus throwing spiked shells (maybe) plus...well I dont know, does not = Bowser clone. I dont even know why you'd think this. Sigh..

Top Bottom