• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin 3: What I think [Unfinished]

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with Orange, Pink, or Green Pikmin? Especially considering Purple and White of all colors.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
If this next game doesnt have co-op, I probably wont buy it.

Also, there should be a black pikmin, since we have a white one already and thats most of the "Primary colors" (im not saying purple as a primary color.)

Black Pikmin can go at night maybe? Or maybe black pikmin are like the mushroom head pikmin and they are evvvviiiillll.

Puddin

Smash Lord
What's wrong with Orange, Pink, or Green Pikmin? Especially considering Purple and White of all colors.
Because Orange and Pink would look akward in the world of Pikmin? Especially Pink, that would just look terrible.

PKSyler, I know Co-op is a big deal but does it really have to be such a deciding factor? You can't stay on the planet at night...:ohwell:

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Olimar being run over by a car or stepped on?! I can't bear to think of it.

I'd like to see another sub-captain kinnda thing, and of course Co-op. If Olimar is pre-hype for an upcoming Pikmin game then they must be making and entire freakin' Kirby game based completely around MetaKnight otherwise there would be no reason for him to have virtually no counters.

I'd like to see some kind of human interaction, and believe it or not I'm not too big on introducing new Pikmin Colors because...

Every color people have suggested so far sounds ridiculous, and no offense to anybody thats suggested new colors but I've seen suggestions for Silver, Orange, Light Green, Darker Green and basically every color in existance mixed with the existing Pikmin colors i.e. Yellow-Green, Pink and many more.
...i agree that some colours like bronze copper silver gold rainbow pink and grey may sound rediculous but it doesnt mean that no other colours can be released...look at this picture ... it doesnt look that bad after all...they could make this one and perhaps an orange

Rofl...just noticed that its recoloured of the blue pikmin...same animation and remainings of the gills

Well still looks cool as an idea.... it just needs the gills to be removed

I got another idea...maybe 2-part treasure like this
and u need to throw for example 20 pikmin in the big part and 3 in the small one...if u throw 23 in the big part though u wont be able to lift it...this way the player will have to made better calculations of the amounts of pikmin he puts on each tasks in order to finish all tasks in the minimum time...

also the pikmin in the picture have something like googles on their head....and it gave me an idea...maybe they can make this colour of pikmin and instead of googles give them blue markings and lines all over their body....the idea might look stupid because u might think that they would look like indians but if u think of it its not that bad....besides so many many many animals in real life have markings...even enemies like bulborbs in pikmin series...what makes u think that its not possible for a new kind of pikmin...

Green pikmin with stem-like tail and aqua blue pikmin like the ones mentioned in a post much earlier but instead of being fat they would have markings all over their body.....the abilities for both kinds are mentioned earlier in this thread......besides this will get rid of the "no-more-facial-feature-ideas" problem

...in conclusion i guess we found 2 good kinds of pikmin and we got 3D pictures of both to give u an idea of how they would look

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Because Orange and Pink would look akward in the world of Pikmin? Especially Pink, that would just look terrible.

My terrible photoshop skills aside, I think they fit in pretty well

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Well although i believe that orange wouldnt be a bad idea, i agree that pink pikmin wouldnt look so good

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm not totally against the idea, just against certain colors. The only problem with the photoshop is I can hardly tell the difference between the Yellow and the Orange, which is when we should start thinking about the colors we just randomly throw out of our head. If they added Pikmin that were just variations of the already existing colors it would become too confusing to use them.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea of new colors, I'm just saying that we can't have them add every color that we can think of beause it would be illogical. (in the world of Pikmin :laugh:)

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Haha, I'm glad there are so many people who enjoy the Pikmin Franchise. A few thoughts in bed turned into a popular thread. Thank you so much!

(Better start reading all the previous posts)

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
my wii just got back from repairs last night and a month after the release i could finally play brawl...its awsome (and its this site's theme) but im kinda disappointed on some characters....like olimar and sonic...i have expected them much better...especially olimars final smash is the worse (or at least one of the worse)...... well at least sonic's is very good..this morning with fox final smash i made 5 kills xD....though im also disapointed with some characters that they completely destroyed...i mained falco in melee but now he sucks....mostly because of the changes of his B-down and C-side...BTW this thread is about pikmin 3 so ill get to the point....i dont think that some colour alternations would ruin the game...i mean if there werent purple pikmin just thinking of the blue ones would make u think its a bud idea..and in that case i would agree with u completely..but now that we've seen them make purple and we can really identify them i guess they could make some more such alternations...ofc i think that its impossible with orange....they wouldnt make any stupid colour like bronze copper silver brown grey gold or rainbow either nor would they make ridiculous colours like pink...but green is a good idea

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
What are you on about? Olimar is teh pwnage in brawl, and his FS is guaranteed damage (and makes an excellent spike).

I don't see what's so outlandish about Pink and Orange, they already have primary colors (as well as black and white, and yes I consider Purple the black) it'd be only natural to move on to secondary colors. Besides, look at this scene from the end of Pikmin (sorry for the quality):

Linky

Here you can see Pink, Green, Orange, even Cyan Onions, which must mean that there's respectively colored Pikmin. (Also, you can see Purple Onions, which mean they do exist despite not seeing any in Pikmin 2)

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
there where white onions too...i havent played the game but seen video...maybe though it was really low quality so the cyan onion looked like white....BTW i think in this release they should go for the green and the cyan ones...they would look much better than orange (which would look like red and yellow) or pink (which not only might get u confused with the white ones but theyd also look ridiculous....

as for olimar....well he does not got any good range attacks....only throwing pikmin which does little damage...short distance...limited ammo (until they get back u only throw 6)......his up smash isnt as strong as it should...along with ivysaur and zero suit samus their up smashes are hard to work and if there isnt a wall they dont at all...his final smash does damage but its harder to KO plus that its not so interesting to see it...i really like pikmin franchise and hope for a 3rd and more installments but im dissapointed of olimars appearance...first 2 days brawling and i think ive chosen the first 4 chars i want (unlocked them all)..falco(my main from melee),Pokemon trainer(especially charizards side smash does A LOT damage to bosses and as a whole he has a variety of moves of which i like most),pit,MK...1 or 2 of these will become my mains eventually and i also have in mind fox and sonic which might be on a better rank in the future

EDIT: yes MK doesnt have a projectile either but his b smash and side smash make it easier to aproach enemies and hit them

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
*slightly off topic*

Do you think it would be a good idea creating an entirely new thread where you create your own ideas/accounts about Olimar's Journal? (I borrowed the idea from Brawl Central)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
*slightly off topic*

Do you think it would be a good idea creating an entirely new thread where you create your own ideas/accounts about Olimar's Journal? (I borrowed the idea from Brawl Central)
Fire away, I'm sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to do so. However, we could just incoporate that here, since we seem to be spanning widely over all topics regarding Pikmin 3 here.

As for the pink and orange Pikmin, they looked quite good, actually. As previously said, the majority of primary colours of Pikmin have already been used, so it'd only be sensible to move onto secondary colours.
With that said, Miyamoto has said that, if any, he'd only like to include ONE new Pikmin colour.
And if the Pikmin look like they did in that 3D screenshot, I may cry. They looked more than a little weird.

Pikmin 2's two-player mode was excellent, so I'm really hoping it gets included here again. Co-op mode would be nice, too, and a likely plan for Nintendo. It's not exactly going to ruin the game if there isn't one, though.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
soz for going off topic in some posts...im posting both ideas about the upcoming pikmin 3 in every post but i just ned to say about my brawl cause i just got it after a month...well anw i started posting at the 3rd page because i read through the thread and wanted to keep it alive...but when it reached 6 page the replies werent as frequent as the first 5 pages so i did my best to post more so the thread wouldnt sink...like BUMP but instead of just writing BUMP i prefered to say something about the brawl as this site is themed after it anyway... so i apologise again for some irrelevant posts but as i said in all my posts i DID contain ideas about pikmin 3 as well

So about the co-op...well they tried to do this with the challenges but it still is far way of the main game...they should add a co-op option for the main story mode and not just some timed caves with lots of things u wouldnt have ever done in the story mode

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
A little Off-topic for a second:
as for olimar....well he does not got any good range attacks
Woah woah woah woah, Olimar has awesome range, in fact, he's probably the character with the best range! Just look at his Fsmash and Grabs, they have godly range.

only throwing pikmin which does little damage...short distance...limited ammo (until they get back u only throw 6)......
Pikmin are arguably the best projectiles in the game.

Little damage - one white Pikmin can do, what, 40-50 damage?
Short distance - Jump before you throw
Limited ammo - You probably shouldn't throw all six in the first place

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
40-50 damage? nice didnt see that they could do as much....kk ill give him another try....btw ive noticed that the purple ones do the most damage so ill give u a trick ive seen in a video to get only white/purples...u might know it but im gonna say it in case u dont...go by the side of a platform only 1-2 steps away facing the opposite side...start plucking pikmin and only purple and whites will survive...keep doing it until u have only purple and whites

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
soz for going off topic in some posts...im posting both ideas about the upcoming pikmin 3 in every post but i just ned to say about my brawl cause i just got it after a month...well anw i started posting at the 3rd page because i read through the thread and wanted to keep it alive...but when it reached 6 page the replies werent as frequent as the first 5 pages so i did my best to post more so the thread wouldnt sink...like BUMP but instead of just writing BUMP i prefered to say something about the brawl as this site is themed after it anyway... so i apologise again for some irrelevant posts but as i said in all my posts i DID contain ideas about pikmin 3 as well
I didn't really see it as a problem. Don't worry about explaining yourself over it, either, as I'm sure none of us here are rowdy enough to make a big deal out of a small piece of irrelevance, unlike the majority of members here at the SmashBoards...

So about the co-op...well they tried to do this with the challenges but it still is far way of the main game...they should add a co-op option for the main story mode and not just some timed caves with lots of things u wouldnt have ever done in the story mode
Sorry, I probably should of elaborated on what I meant by 'Co-op.' By co-op, I meant exactly what you have just explained: everything you can do in 1 player mode, but with the option of having two players, story mode and all.

A little Off-topic for a second:
Woah woah woah woah, Olimar has awesome range, in fact, he's probably the character with the best range! Just look at his Fsmash and Grabs, they have godly range.
Pikmin are arguably the best projectiles in the game.
Little damage - one white Pikmin can do, what, 40-50 damage?
Short distance - Jump before you throw
Limited ammo - You probably shouldn't throw all six in the first place
A little off-topic, but never mind. The freuqenters of this topic, including myself, don't seem to mind about such things.
As for his range in Brawl, yes, it is rather good. His Final-Smash may have good range, but for apperance sakes, it looks terrible. I wanted to actually see the fighters getting eaten by Bulborbs. The attack doesn't do a hench amount of damage, either.
One white Pikmin can do 40-50% damage...? Woah, woah, wait, no. That's a little over-exaggerated. Throwing a single white Pikmin doesn't do that much damage, and they are more rare than other Pikmin, anyway.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
yeah thats what i thought of when i read that post....40-50% rofl.....
well any other sub-topic? weve discussed new pikmin colours, the addition of new areas and caves, modes of gameplay.....ways that new pikmin and current pikmin reappear....actually almost everything....better think of something before this thread gets boring....what about leaf-bud-flower thingy? Maybe pikmin stage could help with something else rather than only speed and power?....Perhaps pikmin attack with their element? (red=fire,blue=water,yellow=electricity,white=poison,purple=ermm...more power?) or they could make a 3rd kind of potion...maybe remove the red one which anw doesnt help a lot if ur pikmin are already flowers as the improvement doesnt surpass that a lot?...and this new potion/spray will do what i said a bit earlier...

Come on no1 to post something? dont let this thread die

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
well any other sub-topic? weve discussed new pikmin colours, the addition of new areas and caves, modes of gameplay.....ways that new pikmin and current pikmin reappear....actually almost everything....better think of something before this thread gets boring....what about leaf-bud-flower thingy? Maybe pikmin stage could help with something else rather than only speed and power?....Perhaps pikmin attack with their element? (red=fire,blue=water,yellow=electricity,white=poison,purple=ermm...more power?) or they could make a 3rd kind of potion...maybe remove the red one which anw doesnt help a lot if ur pikmin are already flowers as the improvement doesnt surpass that a lot?...and this new potion/spray will do what i said a bit earlier...

Come on no1 to post something? dont let this thread die
Sub-topic: Methods of collecting Pikmin.
If you're talking about Brawl, I've previously suggested on another topic something similiar to what you're suggesting. My idea was that Louie and Olimar should of been seperate characters for Brawl and that they one had white, red and Bulbmin and the other purple, blue and yellow, all keeping their abilities from the Pikmin series. Therefore, Olimar and Louie would remain rather different moveset-wise.
On a belated note, you said earlier that there is a white Onion. As far as I recall, there was no white Onion in Pikmin 2.

I can only post when someone else says something, of course, else I'd just be double-posting.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
One white Pikmin can do 40-50% damage...? Woah, woah, wait, no. That's a little over-exaggerated.
One white Pikmin thrown when you're opponent is at 0% does 48% damage, provided your opponent is stupid enough not to get it off/you grab him immediatly so he can't get it off. It's not much of an exaggeration.

Throwing a single white Pikmin doesn't do that much damage, and they are more rare than other Pikmin, anyway.
Since when are whites more rare?

On a belated note, you said earlier that there is a white Onion. As far as I recall, there was no white Onion in Pikmin 2.
There wasn't a Purple onion either, but that doesn't stop it from being in the end cutscene. At least this means the White and Purple Pikmin could have onions this time around.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Sub-topic: Methods of collecting Pikmin.
If you're talking about Brawl, I've previously suggested on another topic something similiar to what you're suggesting. My idea was that Louie and Olimar should of been seperate characters for Brawl and that they one had white, red and Bulbmin and the other purple, blue and yellow, all keeping their abilities from the Pikmin series. Therefore, Olimar and Louie would remain rather different moveset-wise.

I can only post when someone else says something, of course, else I'd just be double-posting.
Well actually we were talking about the ending in pikmin 1 where many onions were seen...u havent read the whole conversation from the begining
Also i have been the last to post for like 2 days so u had the time to post other than double-post
And about the grabbing....lets get into reality its not as simple to go and grab ur oponent and its more simple for him to get it off...yesterday i gave a last personal chance to olimar in brawl and i realised that most of the disadvantages i posted werent that bad but there is a MAJOR prob with him...all of his special attacks and most of the other attacks are based on pikmin and yesterday when i played against some friends on the net they wouldnt let me unplug even one...maybe it was because of the stage being Final Destination but still in most stages this problem will occur as well

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Well actually we were talking about the ending in pikmin 1 where many onions were seen...u havent read the whole conversation from the begining
Also i have been the last to post for like 2 days so u had the time to post other than double-post
And about the grabbing....lets get into reality its not as simple to go and grab ur oponent and its more simple for him to get it off...yesterday i gave a last personal chance to olimar in brawl and i realised that most of the disadvantages i posted werent that bad but there is a MAJOR prob with him...all of his special attacks and most of the other attacks are based on pikmin and yesterday when i played against some friends on the net they wouldnt let me unplug even one...maybe it was because of the stage being Final Destination but still in most stages this problem will occur as well
Directed at both Oceanic-Ice and Zap657:
1) Ah, I apologize. I wasn't aware that you were refering to the ending cutscene.
Directed at Oceanic-Ice:
2) The only post that was there when I logged in at the time was yours, meaning it was all I could reply to. Before you'd posted, there was nothing to reply to.
Directed at both Oceanic-Ice and Zap657:
3) Exactly. On average, the white Pikmin will do less than 40% damage, so long as the opponent isn't new to the game.
Directed at Oceanic-Ice:
4) I see your point. The few occasions where I've played Olimar, I've also suffered the problem of being unable to pick Pikmin. However, I've not played him long enough to see if there are any ways to avoid this issue.
Directed at Zap657:
5) Whenever I've played Olimar in Brawl, I noticed that I got White Pikmin less frequently than I got the others. However, this may of just been by pure chance.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
2) The only post that was there when I logged in at the time was yours, meaning it was all I could reply to. Before you'd posted, there was nothing to reply to.
Well all that matters is that the thread started getting replies again so its no longer at the edge of dying

So...i think that pretty much it was confirmed that they are gonna make pikmin wii (hope that its not with that game)...many sites got some confirmation from the creators so by putting all the occasions where they said something similar we get a 95% sure bet (the other 5% will only be fulfilled when they indeed start making it) though its possible that its already at works

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
So...i think that pretty much it was confirmed that they are gonna make pikmin wii (hope that its not with that game)...many sites got some confirmation from the creators so by putting all the occasions where they said something similar we get a 95% sure bet (the other 5% will only be fulfilled when they indeed start making it) though its possible that its already at works
Yeah, it was (briefly) confirmed at E3 that a third Pikmin game WILL happen. I hope it gets named 'Pikmin 3' instead of 'Pikmin Wii' or something lame like that.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
well i really cant w8 for the new game to come....everyone please help me search for confirmations and post them all here so we can make a list

Up until now:

-I’ve already got the basic idea for Pikmin 3 in my mind.
-I certainly think we haven't seen the last of Pikmin.
-I definetely would like to do something with them, and I think the wii interface in particular is very well suitable to that franchise.
-We're making Pikmin.
-For now, Miyamoto looks ahead to other projects for the wii, mentioning his desire to continue the Pikmin series.
-Shigeru Miyamoto let slip that the Pikmin development team is hard at work on a new title for the Nintendo Wii.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
That's enough confirmation for me.
Heh if u consider it official with just "We're making Pikmin" then u will be more than happy to ream my last post on page 7 cause this is included along with more confirmation...however i really wanna avoid any letdown so i wanna make myself 100%....
in 2007 he said he wanted to do something with them and it was said about him somewhere else too but it wasnt 100% that he would indeed do it but just that he wanted to....from this, (we're making pikmin) well i still im not convinced because it was just a plain wordthrowing, with no other details....if it is already at works like they said im still dissapointed because i dont think it will be out before next summer

PD4FR

Smash Ace
LOL, I did have a Pikmin 1+2 discussion topic, but a Mod closed it for some reason.:ohwell:
I think a lot of the ideas in this thread are great, and I don't think you should be able to fight during the night.
I can't really think of anything to say that hasn't been said before, but I sure hope the game comes out soon, and it better be on the Wii.:)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
well i really cant w8 for the new game to come....everyone please help me search for confirmations and post them all here so we can make a list

Up until now:

-I certainly think we haven't seen the last of Pikmin.
-I definetely would like to do something with them, and I think the wii interface in particular is very well suitable to that franchise.
-We're making Pikmin.
-For now, Miyamoto looks ahead to other projects for the wii, mentioning his desire to continue the Pikmin series.
That pretty much is a confirmation. No other examples need to be shown, considering it's one we've all seen. Pikmin is happening. No other confirmations are needed. :D It was officially announced at this year's E3.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
i hope ur right...and that they dont say anything about it until its out....if they do then i will surely check for all the features before i buy it and it wont have fun any longer....nothing is gonna spoil THIS game's surprise for me

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
i hope ur right...and that they dont say anything about it until its out....if they do then i will surely check for all the features before i buy it and it wont have fun any longer....nothing is gonna spoil THIS game's surprise for me
Nintendo are pretty good at keeping secrets, if that's what they want to do. It's media like game websites/magazines that you want to avoid if you don't want the game to be spoilt.
I, for one, always read up about games when things are announced. For some reason, them 'spoilers' don't bother me, so long as they're not storyline spoilers. I like to know what I'm getting when I buy the game. :D

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
i cant avoid checking all the web to learn the full content of a game...i knew the char list for brawl 3 months before it was in europe but at least i managed to check only half the final smashes (Sonic,Bowser,Mario, Link, TL, Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS)...I did my best and succeded in having some of them as secrets....i cant help but destroy my joy and happiness months earlier sniff....its good that they are keeping this one a secret but at least they could say just "A new pikmin game for the wii is under development"...."we're making pikmin" could mean anything....it could even mean a ds title and that'd suck....i would get it and i dont mean that i would h8 it but i dont think it'd be worth of delaying the original game...as long as the wii game gets out this winter or spring i dont care whatever they do (though i hope that they decide to release Symphonia II in europe cause i really loved its prequel and its the only game im interested which is coming soon and could fill the gap between now and pikmin 3)

Im stupid...i bought a wii LAN adapter to connect my wii but since its wired connection it doesnt connect with my DS...is it possible to connect my DS through the wii which has wired connection? if yes how?

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
i cant avoid checking all the web to learn the full content of a game...i knew the char list for brawl 3 months before it was in europe but at least i managed to check only half the final smashes (Sonic,Bowser,Mario, Link, TL, Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS)...I did my best and succeded in having some of them as secrets....i cant help but destroy my joy and happiness months earlier sniff....its good that they are keeping this one a secret but at least they could say just "A new pikmin game for the wii is under development"...."we're making pikmin" could mean anything....it could even mean a ds title and that'd suck....i would get it and i dont mean that i would h8 it but i dont think it'd be worth of delaying the original game...as long as the wii game gets out this winter or spring i dont care whatever they do (though i hope that they decide to release Symphonia II in europe cause i really loved its prequel and its the only game im interested which is coming soon and could fill the gap between now and pikmin 3)

Im stupid...i bought a wii LAN adapter to connect my wii but since its wired connection it doesnt connect with my DS...is it possible to connect my DS through the wii which has wired connection? if yes how?
Though you're correct with it not definitely being a Wii release, I'm pretty sure the new Pikmin title will be.
And if you check on the internet for information about the new game, all you'll get is rumors. Nothing has been confirmed or announced apart from that a game is in the making, so you won't be able to learn anything else. ^.-

As for your LAN problem, I'm afraid I'm unable to help. My Wii is connected online via wireless internet and so I can't tell you anything of any help. Sorry! Good luck getting it to work, though.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately i need wireless wifi connector but it doesnt matter right now....im mostly focused on the pikmin franchise lately...well i guess there is nothing we can do right now for the upcoming game and there is no way any of our suggestions to be in...ofc we did know it from the beggining but its a lot of fun to discuss our ideas on the topic... though for like 1 and a half pages we have said nothing about them....so let me bring something new....olimar throwing bomb rocks! (its already done in pikmin 2 but it only works on the 2 player versus mode)....and perhaps there could be a button for it instead of just running towards it....btw this will also prevent people whining of the change in yellow pikmin abilities

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately i need wireless wifi connector but it doesnt matter right now....im mostly focused on the pikmin franchise lately...well i guess there is nothing we can do right now for the upcoming game and there is no way any of our suggestions to be in...ofc we did know it from the beggining but its a lot of fun to discuss our ideas on the topic... though for like 1 and a half pages we have said nothing about them....so let me bring something new....olimar throwing bomb rocks! (its already done in pikmin 2 but it only works on the 2 player versus mode)....and perhaps there could be a button for it instead of just running towards it....btw this will also prevent people whining of the change in yellow pikmin abilities
'Fraid I can't solve your connection issues.

So, you're saying that you want the bomb-rock concept to have a better use in the next Pikmin game...?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I recently got Pikmin off a bargain rack at a local store, and I had a lot of fun with it. When I heard they were making Pikmin 3, I looked around for some stuff to keep myself busy with, and I looked into the onion colors in Pikmin's best ending. So for a couple of days, I made some design and ability concepts for pikmin that may or may not be in "Pikmin Wii." (Pink, orange, brown, light blue, green)

I've never been this excited about a game I had a below average opinion of beforehand. Just shows me what kind of game Pikmin is. If you guys want to know what my Ability concepts are, I can show you, but I'm working on computer design concepts.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I'm totally psyched for this game. If I had to think of 3 Pikmin, they'd be orange, green, and ice. At the end of Pikmin 1, I remember seeing Olimar taking off of the Pikmin's planet with a bunch of Onions following. There may have been more colors, but I distinctively remember green and orange. I'm not sure what powers they'd have, though. And new monsters plus new bosses would be a little hard to think of. =x But hopefully, Pikmin 3 will surprise me. =)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes, we need more huge predators.
The colors were purple, black, orange, green, light blue, pink and brown.

Purple and black would be the onions for purple and white pikmin.

I came up with these ideas for the others:

Green pikmin
Physical trait: What look like tentacles instead of arms.
They have excessively weak attack power normally. However, if they are eaten by a...bulborb, for example, and the bulborb is killed, one bulbmin will be dropped for every green pikmin swallowed.

Pink pikmin
Physical trait: Two small antennae.
They could have the ability to call for idle pikmin to return to the ship, to keep them from getting lost at nightfall.

Orange pikmin
Physical trait: Haven't thought of one. Possibly large cup-like appendages.
They would be able to catch projectiles thrown by enemies, including bomb rocks. They would also be immune to explosion damage. When they catch a projectile, you could hold them and tap X to have them throw the projectile.

Light Blue pikmin
Physical trait: Small wings.
They would be able to maul airborn enemies and drag them to the ground easily. However, they have the lowest lifting power of all types.

This is just what I came up with. I think it would be cool if we had more big predators, like the return of the Smoky Progg or the Goolix. I also think it would be cool to see a level be in a building. Hints have been given that humans may be extinct at the time of the game, but either way they probably wouldn't be in the levels. PROBABLY.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see others have decided to join in with our conversation. We were running out of things to say.
I recently got Pikmin off a bargain rack at a local store, and I had a lot of fun with it. When I heard they were making Pikmin 3, I looked around for some stuff to keep myself busy with, and I looked into the onion colors in Pikmin's best ending. So for a couple of days, I made some design and ability concepts for pikmin that may or may not be in "Pikmin Wii." (Pink, orange, brown, light blue, green)
I'd love to see your design concepts when they're done.
Have you only played the first Pikmin, however? The sequel was a grand improvement, in my opinion.

I'm totally psyched for this game. If I had to think of 3 Pikmin, they'd be orange, green, and ice. At the end of Pikmin 1, I remember seeing Olimar taking off of the Pikmin's planet with a bunch of Onions following. There may have been more colors, but I distinctively remember green and orange. I'm not sure what powers they'd have, though. And new monsters plus new bosses would be a little hard to think of. =x But hopefully, Pikmin 3 will surprise me. =)
I think Miyamoto planned on adding only one new Pikmin in this game, if any at all. As for new monsters/bosses, it's completely skipped my mind. I'd like to see some bosses/enemies return for this sequel, though, as well as new ones. I also want the zoo thing from the second Pikmin game to be included/improved for the upcoming game.

Green pikmin
Physical trait: What look like tentacles instead of arms.
They have excessively weak attack power normally. However, if they are eaten by a...bulborb, for example, and the bulborb is killed, one bulbmin will be dropped for every green pikmin swallowed.

Pink pikmin
Physical trait: Two small antennae.
They could have the ability to call for idle pikmin to return to the ship, to keep them from getting lost at nightfall.

Orange pikmin
Physical trait: Haven't thought of one. Possibly large cup-like appendages.
They would be able to catch projectiles thrown by enemies, including bomb rocks. They would also be immune to explosion damage. When they catch a projectile, you could hold them and tap X to have them throw the projectile.

Light Blue pikmin
Physical trait: Small wings.
They would be able to maul airborn enemies and drag them to the ground easily. However, they have the lowest lifting power of all types.
Wow. That was indefinitely one of the best concept ideas I've heard here so far. Congrats! :D
Though, it seems that this would give the player too many abilities in total.

Top Bottom