• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin 3: What I think [Unfinished]

gorgon.

Smash Ace
From what I've heard, this is not the case. Miyamoto had apparently denied that the 'new Pikmin' was the port with Wii controls, and he said that they were actually working on both a port and a Pikmin 3.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
From what I've heard, this is not the case. Miyamoto had apparently denied that the 'new Pikmin' was the port with Wii controls, and he said that they were actually working on both a port and a Pikmin 3.
Though I don't doubt your judgment, I'd like to see from where you heard this information. Every official article and interview I've read so far has stated otherwise, though if you were correct it would not surprise me.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Actually, as unfortunate as it is, when I said "from what I've heard," I meant exactly that. I'd only heard it from someone else who happens to keep up with the latest in Nintendo news, and therefore, you may (most likely) be correct.

I hate to admit my disappointment, but looking back at the news articles about a new Pikmin, Nintendo never really said anything about a "Pikmin 3," only a "new Pikmin." I say if the Pikmin 1 port is very intuitive it'd still be good, but I really hope that the "new Pikmin" was not referring to that.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Actually, as unfortunate as it is, when I said "from what I've heard," I meant exactly that. I'd only heard it from someone else who happens to keep up with the latest in Nintendo news, and therefore, you may (most likely) be correct.

I hate to admit my disappointment, but looking back at the news articles about a new Pikmin, Nintendo never really said anything about a "Pikmin 3," only a "new Pikmin." I say if the Pikmin 1 port is very intuitive it'd still be good, but I really hope that the "new Pikmin" was not referring to that.
Ah, fair enough.
Whilst there's always the chance that Pikmin 3 may still be happening, it's most probably not. I had stated this from the start. If a 'new Pikmin game' was Pikmin 3, wouldn't it simply of been slated as 'Pikmin 3' rather than 'a new Pikmin game'?
My negativity seems to of been correct this time... :ohwell:

However, seeing as that a remake is in production, it proves that the series is not dead and that Nintendo hope for it to do well. If so, a Pikmin 3 is inevitable. :bee:

gorgon.

Smash Ace
However, seeing as that a remake is in production, it proves that the series is not dead and that Nintendo hope for it to do well. If so, a Pikmin 3 is inevitable. :bee:
Indeed, Miyamoto actually stated himself that he wants the Pikmin series to be as popular as the Mario series one day.

Smash Journeyman
I think there should be more variety to animal behavior. Spotty Bulbears, as tough as they were to kill, did bring some variety. For new behaviors I think more creatures that operate in packs would be cool, perhaps ones that ambush you when you're vulnerable (like when your Pikmin are carrying treasure). Give some of the current creatures different behaviors, for example make some of the smaller bulborbs passive, or aggressive, or reliant on their parent bulborb. Make some creatures attack only when provoked etc.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I think there should be more variety to animal behavior. Spotty Bulbears, as tough as they were to kill, did bring some variety. For new behaviors I think more creatures that operate in packs would be cool, perhaps ones that ambush you when you're vulnerable (like when your Pikmin are carrying treasure). Give some of the current creatures different behaviors, for example make some of the smaller bulborbs passive, or aggressive, or reliant on their parent bulborb. Make some creatures attack only when provoked etc.
I like your ideas, Stabby.:)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, Miyamoto actually stated himself that he wants the Pikmin series to be as popular as the Mario series one day.
That would be rather excellent, to say the least. Pikmin could surely give birth to a whole separate genre, just as Mario did.

So long as the old 'zoo'-type addition is back (introduced in Pikmin 2), I'm thoroughly pleased with this suggestion. :laugh:

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Check it:

http://gaygamer.net/2008/10/pikmin_3_still_growing.html

The "new Pikmin" referred to by Miyamoto was in fact a NEW PIKMIN, not the re-releases! This may be only one piece of evidence, (EDIT: Nevermind, this is all over the internet;) but I'd say it's good enough for me.

So it's really true; we have 3 new (although technically one new and two old) Pikmin games to anticipate... =D
Well, that's certainly good news. Gaygamer.net is hardly the most reliable source, of course, but I'll just have to stand by its word for now. ;)
(Technically, it has still yet to be confirmed if the new Pikmin game is Pikmin 3 for Wii.)

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I know what you meant. Unfortunately, you actually seem to of misunderstood me. :laugh:
Say that this black Pikmin idea actually launched. What I'm saying is that if you have Olimar had the possibility of using the night to explore, why would he pick to only go out during night OR day rather than both?

The previous games have clearly stated that Pikmin cannot survive the night due to the types and amount of monsters that dwell. Even if the maximum Pikmin amount was risen by double, you still wouldn't be able to go around at night without the game contradicting the previous two games.

It's generally a good idea, but it's logically flawed. ;)

Whilst that in itself is a grand idea, there's elements of the game that makes this impossible. The reason Pikmin cannot venture during the night is not because they cannot see, it's because of the attrocious amount of creatures that wander during this time.

I don't know whether that'd be the Pikmin's power, but I agree. Miyamoto has previously stated that he'd rather not include any more Pikmin (for this game at least). At the most, he'll include 1-2 new types.

We've been highly discussing the 'night' ideas thoroughly. My time is also somewhat limited, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Hehe, once again i logged back in to post l8....this time 2-3 months alter though.....i read only 2 more pages since my absence and id love to say a new idea i had...

...wat if the night game is actually a Heroic/Intense Difficulty unlocked after you beat the game.... it doesnt need to make logical sence to the plot......its just a difficulty mode....i mean it doesnt NEED to make any sense.....not any reason why olimar would WANT TO go out at night only.....its just one of those aspects to games with a logical plot which sometimes have something illogical just for means of PLAYING instead of adding to the story line
So lets continue......in this mode the number of pikmin is limited, yes LIMITED by a percantage.....around 10-20% and enemies doubled...the time limit still exists.....so to recap limited pikmin increased enemies same time limit, more areas unlocked (plants that grow at night or paths that are opened at night etc)(why would some1 wanna try this mode just for being harder if it didnt have some new content) bacjround is darker since its night....well thats it...simple but it still adds the night game without ruining the plot, doubling the game (first normal mode then heroic/intense)
Ofc this is just a new idea and doesnt replace the idea i posted earlier about contributing to the main plot (i mean completely different areas between day and night and completely different treasure etc....so that its not a harder mode...its more like how the outside/cave stuff was in pimmin 2......that u have to clear BOTH to complete the game rather than unlocking the second which would just be an enhanced version of the first)

I've been on this thread since I first joined the forum, so I completely forgot that you were the creator of the thread. I was often under the impression that OceanicIce was the OP, but I suppose I now stand corrected. I could of just checked the first post, I suppose... :laugh:
Anyway, yes, the discussions here are actually really neat and are of the only ones on this forum that isn't flamed constantly. :laugh:

With a few adjustments, the idea may work. It was good, it's just that the way the previous games have already led the series wouldn't allow this concept to work, unfortunately.
If you come up with any other concepts/ideas, however, be sure to inform us of them! Yours was one of the most interesting yet. :bee:
Haven't been here in awhile (if you remember, I participated in the first few pages) but I'm back now. Decent new ideas.
Actually I too started posting in this thread just when I joined the forums (Well i actually joined the forums because of this thread and mainly because of the conversation between olimarfan and gorgon in the first few pages) but since then i started posting more often...up until school started btw.....now although i havent posted for quite a while and maybe wont do again soon i am GUARANTEED to post again even if it means in months......this was my first thread in the forums and I WILL KEEP IT ALIVE :p (well at least until pikmin 3 is actually out therefore posting ideas about it would be pointless.....but even then we can renew it for pikmin 4 :D)

P.S.: My spelling on the first part of this post is awfull and wat i said is a bit unclear, sorry for the hard time ull prob have understanding it....read too many pages at once and i had replies to almost every post and in the end when it came to writing them i forgot everything and got confused myself :p

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Sorry everyone for hardly posting as the creator of this thread, my school work has finally submerged me and my time is limited...

P.S. Great discussion guys. Keep it up.
EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! Dont u ever but EVER say that word again....the most annoying part in the entire pikmin 2 is the submerged castle thingy :p..... W/E they do in pikmin 3 they aint gonna make me play as long as a creature like that exists in the outside world.......i can live with it being in one cave or 2......but definetely DO NOT put it in the outside world or the game is ruined I mean come on...u have 15 mins a day and a super powerful monster patrols the entire area squashing all ur pikmin with ease limiting ur time by a huge amount?

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Technically,

already exists. Smokey Progg, anyone?
Havent played pikmin 1 but from wat i heard, and videos ive seen that guy needs to be summoned (u need to break a rock or something).....it doesnt really patrol the entire area squashing ur pikmin, at least not on its own anyways....just imagine if the outside area was like submerged castle.....that water guy falling from the sky and following u....with quite high acceleration and speed....its just a nightmere...i dont care if they put 50 dungeons with such monsters...just dont take away from us the freedom of multiplying pikmin and exploring area

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Yeah, but IMO what the Smoky Progg does is worse than the Waterwraith. The Smoky Progg may not follow you, but it goes straight to your camp, which prevents you from breeding Pikmin and collecting treasures - and if you can't do that, you're just wasting the day.

I don't think the Waterwraith was really that scary or tough, and he wasn't that fast. IMO the only thing that made it a challenge were the narrow hallways of the cave; so if one were in the overworld it wouldn't be that bad because no overworld would consist entirely of narrow paths.

On the topic of the Smoky Progg, anyone think he should make a return in Pikmin 3? Or even any creature that appeared in Pikmin 1 but not 2?

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but IMO what the Smoky Progg does is worse than the Waterwraith. The Smoky Progg may not follow you, but it goes straight to your camp, which prevents you from breeding Pikmin and collecting treasures - and if you can't do that, you're just wasting the day.

I don't think the Waterwraith was really that scary or tough, and he wasn't that fast. IMO the only thing that made it a challenge were the narrow hallways of the cave; so if one were in the overworld it wouldn't be that bad because no overworld would consist entirely of narrow paths.

On the topic of the Smoky Progg, anyone think he should make a return in Pikmin 3? Or even any creature that appeared in Pikmin 1 but not 2?
I still keep my point that he is not that bad because he doesnt come on ur onions on its own...yes maybe its worse than waterwraith but he doesnt just come and start melting ur pikmin......he only appears when YOU want to challenge him.....but then gain i gues waterwraith wouldnt be that bad to add.....seeing how it was only bad because u couldnt have purple pikmin which were the only way to beat him.....he is actually something like fiery bulborbs......big and strong and u need only 1 type of pikmin to beat it.....but then again purple pikmin will be alllowed to the outside world.....the only prob is that fiery bulborbs dont go patroling......in waterwraith's case if he was added ud have to bring at least 5 purple pikmin with u always...

oh and yes id love to see smokey progg in pikmin 3....as i said i havent played the first game (which apparently i need to play at some point) and id love that challenge....as long as he isnt free and u need to call him to come.....and maybe more such challenges of hard outside monsters.....maybe bringing them to ur onion rewards u some special pikmin anyone? not much point in sacrificing 100 pikmin just to get em back.....imo these monsters should reward u with special pikmin or maybe some new spray.....

Pikmin 3

Pikmin 3 is used to refer to the next, as of yet untitled, game in the Pikmin series, which was hinted at during E3 2008. It will be on the Nintendo Wii. The more recent announcement of a re-release of the first two games in the series on the Nintendo Wii with updated controls[3], raised questions as to the feasibility of a Pikmin 3; following, in an IGN interview, it was made clear that the re-releases of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are separate from Pikmin 3: Cammie Dunaway: It's not the Pikmin that Mr. Miyamoto referred to, no. Mr. Miyamoto referred to a new Pikmin, as opposed to the classics that are being rereleased on Wii.
Past hints

-Around the time of the release of the first Pikmin game, it was hinted at that Pikmin may be a trilogy.citations needed
-On July 30th, 2003, Pikmin's creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, said in an interview with Gamers Mark that he had already got the basic idea for Pikmin 3 in his mind.
-On 12th July, 2007, in an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, an IGN interviewer asked if he planned to do anything with Pikmin. His reply was as follows:
I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin. I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise.
-On the 18th of April, 2008, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed in an interview on the topic of Wii Fit that he desired to continue with the Pikmin series:
As for what the developer would like to work on next, Miyamoto said he's looking forward to working on the Wii some more. He also reiterated his desire to make another entry in the Pikmin series of action strategy games.
-On the 15th of July, 2008, during E3, Shigeru Miyamoto answered questions about a possible Pikmin 3:
There isn't anything that we can announce right now, but I’m sure we’ll probably do something with it. The Pikmin team is, of course, still there and maybe we’ll have something to talk about before too long.
-During E3 2008, Shigeru Miyamoto said, when asked about the Pikmin series, "We're making Pikmin." Nothing else about the Pikmin game in development was revealed, however.
-On 24th July 2008, Shigeru Miyamoto said this in a interview: "...They [the Nintendo development teams] are all working on new Mario, Zelda and Pikmin projects"
7:35 Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good.
Olimar in SSBB

The appearance of Olimar in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii was widely considered to be an indication of the likelihood of a third Pikmin game being released.
It's all here http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_3 and i personally do trust this page.......as opposed to the last one posted.....so now its safe to say.....not that pikmin 3 will be made....we all knew that....but that its already on works propably for quite a couple of months.......i expect it to be announced before easter 2009

*P.S The remakes is my chance to pick up pikmin 1 and while at it i could also re-buy the second, provided that they will change controls and dont just keep the same game ported on the wii...if they do something like Super Mario 64 rereleased on DS or something like twilight princess id buy it......but if they keep it the same it would be pointless to waste my money on the same game....wat about u?
**P.S Someone asked a few pages earlier for a table so I made one for the existing pikmin plus the green pikmin showing strengths and weaknesses, vote for more pikmin for me to add....3 votes for one pikmin gief a place on the table http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5nu9op&s=4 I added the green one without voting because its the most famous unofficial one....also despite the fact thats its mostly known to be the burbmin ive seen somewhere posted, i think on this thread on first few pages the ability to sprout flowers and cause i liked it myself i thought it could be a good choice......i say OR on the table to clearify that the greenmin will have only ONE of the 2 abilities i posted AND NOT BOTH

gorgon.

Smash Ace
oceanic--ice said:
*P.S The remakes is my chance to pick up pikmin 1 and while at it i could also re-buy the second, provided that they will change controls and dont just keep the same game ported on the wii...if they do something like Super Mario 64 rereleased on DS or something like twilight princess id buy it......but if they keep it the same it would be pointless to waste my money on the same game....wat about u?
I'm pretty sure both remakes won't add anything new like Super Mario 64 DS did, they're just straight ports with motion controls. Because of that, I'm not re-buying the Pikmin 2 remake because I already have it.

As for Pikmin 1, I never actually owned it (I borrowed it from my cousin and beat it,) so I'm buying the remake for that one.

As a side note, I just beat the 8-day, zero-death challenge for Pikmin 2. It was tough ^^

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure both remakes won't add anything new like Super Mario 64 DS did, they're just straight ports with motion controls. Because of that, I'm not re-buying the Pikmin 2 remake because I already have it.

As for Pikmin 1, I never actually owned it (I borrowed it from my cousin and beat it,) so I'm buying the remake for that one.

As a side note, I just beat the 8-day, zero-death challenge for Pikmin 2. It was tough ^^
I did read somewhere that they added content to the donkey kong game they are rereleasing before pikmin....they havent mentioned nything about the latter but its not impossible to happen

I still keep my point that he is not that bad because he doesnt come on ur onions on its own...yes maybe its worse than waterwraith but he doesnt just come and start melting ur pikmin......he only appears when YOU want to challenge him.....but then gain i gues waterwraith wouldnt be that bad to add.....seeing how it was only bad because u couldnt have purple pikmin which were the only way to beat him.....he is actually something like fiery bulborbs......big and strong and u need only 1 type of pikmin to beat it.....but then again purple pikmin will be alllowed to the outside world.....the only prob is that fiery bulborbs dont go patroling......in waterwraith's case if he was added ud have to bring at least 5 purple pikmin with u always...

oh and yes id love to see smokey progg in pikmin 3....as i said i havent played the first game (which apparently i need to play at some point) and id love that challenge....as long as he isnt free and u need to call him to come.....and maybe more such challenges of hard outside monsters.....maybe bringing them to ur onion rewards u some special pikmin anyone? not much point in sacrificing 100 pikmin just to get em back.....imo these monsters should reward u with special pikmin or maybe some new spray.....

It's all here http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_3 and i personally do trust this page.......as opposed to the last one posted.....so now its safe to say.....not that pikmin 3 will be made....we all knew that....but that its already on works propably for quite a couple of months.......i expect it to be announced before easter 2009

**P.S Someone asked a few pages earlier for a table so I made one for the existing pikmin plus the green pikmin showing strengths and weaknesses, vote for more pikmin for me to add....3 votes for one pikmin gief a place on the table http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5nu9op&s=4 I added the green one without voting because its the most famous unofficial one....also despite the fact thats its mostly known to be the burbmin ive seen somewhere posted, i think on this thread on first few pages the ability to sprout flowers and cause i liked it myself i thought it could be a good choice......i say OR on the table to clearify that the greenmin will have only ONE of the 2 abilities i posted AND NOT BOTH
Just BUMPED wat i said cause it REALLY REALLY pisses me off when i post a multi-part post and some1 replies to one of the most unimportant sections sinking my post into the mass of junk therefore the rest peepz continue posting overlooking the rest of the content

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for my absence, my computer's been a bit of a nuisance. As far as I can work out, though, it's fine now.

Right, let me jump back on topic! Thankfully, I haven't missed out on much. If the Pikmin remake does have some new, additional content, I shouldn't think that there's much of it. :/

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for my absence, my computer's been a bit of a nuisance. As far as I can work out, though, it's fine now.

Right, let me jump back on topic! Thankfully, I haven't missed out on much. If the Pikmin remake does have some new, additional content, I shouldn't think that there's much of it. :/
I found the next topic of discussion, What Updates will there be in the remakes?

Well i dont think theyd do something major like add a new pikmin type or something...what they could do is throw in a new zone with a few more caves, or they could add more treasures in general at the existent game.....but since the first rerelease is the original pikmin they could add ermmm......more ship parts?.......awwwhhhh......i guess ur right... although they changed some other games a bit i dont think that pikmin is the style of game that can be enhanced by a rerelease.....i guess all we can do is hope for the best in P3

oh and btw im SOOO glad uve posted...there was nor reply for around 2 weeks and i was afraid that the thread would die eventually

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
I found the next topic of discussion, What Updates will there be in the remakes?

Well i dont think theyd do something major like add a new pikmin type or something...what they could do is throw in a new zone with a few more caves, or they could add more treasures in general at the existent game.....but since the first rerelease is the original pikmin they could add ermmm......more ship parts?.......awwwhhhh......i guess ur right... although they changed some other games a bit i dont think that pikmin is the style of game that can be enhanced by a rerelease.....i guess all we can do is hope for the best in P3

oh and btw im SOOO glad uve posted...there was nor reply for around 2 weeks and i was afraid that the thread would die eventually
I doubt that the remake will even contain that to be quite honest. I simply think that it'll almost be a simple, exact port. From the short clips in the trailer, the graphics don't even seem any different. In fact, you pretty much can't tell it apart from the original. :laugh:

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I doubt that the remake will even contain that to be quite honest. I simply think that it'll almost be a simple, exact port. From the short clips in the trailer, the graphics don't even seem any different. In fact, you pretty much can't tell it apart from the original. :laugh:
WHAT?!?!?! There is a trailer for the remakes?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?! WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! must...find....trailer..... :cough: ....fast.....me.....neeeeeeed....pikmin...

EDIT: nvm found it... its quite desapointing how they will only change the pointer (which is included in the control change and was expected) and improve a bit the backround graphics (like leaves in the distance or flowers etc) because as far as my knowledge goes there isnt any game in which u actually play in the backround, mainly the reason y its called BACKround and not MAINround or FRONTround

BUT anyways this thread is still based on pikmin 3 and although the remakes are actually upcoming pikmin, talking about them still is quite off-topic so lets continue....

black pikmin isnt the only choice u know....while it would be interesting to see wat they do with night or black coloured pikmin i believe we should move on other possibilities.... first of all perhaps they woudltn want to add the onions to both purple or white pikmin but fans propably want that so i guess the best addition would be for just the white one (since white pikmin are based on a hazard like the other 3 while purple are not)......propably this game will be based on either exploration of the planet or something but they will most likely keep the aspect of collecting treasure as a side-quest and thats the main reason why white pikming have priority for an onion seeing how purple ones wont be helping in much other than carrying heavier treasure/items.... a new good addition would be cyan with frost resistance: many people wonder how would that be interesting and i can easily reply after some thought.... there are cold gates which only cyan pikmin will be able to break and any pikmin exposed to this hazard will be frozen in the ice....even after the source of the hazard is destroyed any pikmin that tries to break the ice will be frozen as well....this mainly acts like a delaying factor with a hazard that can spread throughout ur pikmin and while not killing them directly it can cause many kinds of indirect death...for example if u dont have access to the cyan pikmin at that point (which will be the ones capable of breaking the ice) it means that those pikmin will be vulnerable to enemies and they will also be left behind in the area, may it mean the end of day or maybe another sublevel of a cave resulting in falling prey to predadors.... this hazard can appear in many situations like cold-based enemies which when killed release a freezing air or perhaps frozen gates, thingys on the ground that shoot chilling wind, cold areas and much more....
as for facial features.....perhaps some fur on their body? a few pages earlier i posted a fan-made 3D picture based on an idea of cyan pikmin....in that picture there were cyan pikmin with blue googles on their head and it gave me an idea, which i did mention, that they may have blue markings on their body... now it seems that it could be nice if those markings were actually blue fur appearing in lines on some sections of their bodies

*P.S.: I just finished rating all my cube and wii games! Pikmin 2 ranked 2nd out of 30 (first being luigi's mansion) Both with an 9.5/10 because of their sufficient graphics (at least for their gen), awsome gameplay, interesting storyline and extreemely high replay value (in fact im completely frustrated that ive lost the memory card that contains both)... the only reason i didnt give them a ten was because they both were considerably short

**P.S.: Happy birthday, toadsanime (2 days late though)... just noticed ur sig....good thing for u...having ur birthday and then xmas on the same week :p

***P.S.: Merry Christmas everyone... good luck with new games ^^

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
haha, Merry Christmas all and Happy Belated Birthday Toadsanime.
Haven't been to Smashboards for ages...good to be back here.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
whoa idea inc!!!!!!!

Olimar takes his dog, bulby on the planet which works as both a captain and pikmin.....he has life meter like captains and resistances from their spacesuit upgrades but can be thrown and used like a pikmin.....it could count in the pikmin limit but i dont think thats the best choice since i believe he would be outside all day and there wouldnt be possible to dismiss it........ he automatically always returns to the ship even if he is abandoned somewhere and he controls the pikmin that are doing the same task as him so they can return as well.... u cannot directly control him but u can get him doing a task or controling the other pikmin with ur main hocotate-ian captains......they could make a lot out of that guy......perhaps he would get all special abilities of the pikmin u get?.... OH I KNOW!!!! whenever u find a new onion he enters it and when he is out his appearance changes and he gains the abilities of that colour.....this means that u would need to get a certain colour before he gets the abilities as well, so u wouldnt have any unfair advantages from the begining of the game by letting him immune to all hazards while u dont got all the pikmin......and at some point he would be the one to discover something new with.....erm....a special ability of his own? maybe some pikmin do not respond to whistles and he has to growl to get them work?

pikmin rerelease date for europe has been announced and its February 6, 2009 which happens to be tomorrow

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
whoa idea inc!!!!!!!

maybe some pikmin do not respond to whistles and he has to growl to get them work?

pikmin rerelease date for europe has been announced and its February 6, 2009 which happens to be tomorrow
lol Pikmin are loyal to the core! And I don't think Olimar has that kind of...aggressive personality.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
lol Pikmin are loyal to the core! And I don't think Olimar has that kind of...aggressive personality.
have u actually read the post? olimar's dog is supposed to be the one to growl to control the other pikmin that do not respond to the usual whistle..... w8 a second..... thats it!!!!!!!!!!! sound proof pikmin.... there can be obstacles which emit sound and these pikmin are resistant to it.....but because of their low hearing they do not respond tot he normal whistle and need the louder growl emited from the dog....which as i said is supposed to be a pikmin-captain hybrid having some of the captains abilities and some of the pikmin.... perhaps he is all hazard immune, has health instead of being one hit killed, and to be able to attack like pikmin rather than other captain.... he can be dismissed or used by captain as a regular pikmin and when its captain whistles he growls at the same point for this ability to occur... with this mechanic the captain having these pikmin should always be the one to have the dog with him otherwise they just wont respond.....

olimario_louigi

Smash Rookie
pikmin suggestions

hi everyone this is my first post
  • red already done
  • blue already done
  • yellow already done
  • orange pikmin are kamikaze pikmin
  • black pikmin only count as .25 of a pikmin allowing you to have 400 black pikmin but they are quite weak
  • brown pikmin maybe could burrow underground making digging up treasure much easier
  • green pikmin count as a sort of mobile onion
  • grey are almost impossible to kill but take up ten pikmin slots so you can only have 10 greys
  • white already done
  • purple already done
  • pink pikmin are able to throw enemies and treasure
  • gold can find thing to make contraptions with
  • silver can take damage and then return it at a certain rate
any other suggestions?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Urban Areas? This will introduce plenty of variables and if Miyamoto is doing this he’ll need to pull this one off really well. I definitely believe he can. Introduce Olimar to a house, and that could be a world itself. Crossing roads would certainly be fun, maybe hide under a cone and cross at certain times? But that would lead to a big problem, as human encounter would be inevitable.
Chibi-Robo crossover, lol.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Something about roads and traffic cones sounds slightly Toy-Story ish to me :p

Top Bottom