• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikas at Genesis 2 Go! Roller/Z/Auto/Thugz/King/Leaf/Stealth/Tag/FZ/ESAM/Blash/Brick

Tagxy

Smash Lord

Time to get hype for Genesis! We already have a lot of pikas preparing for the trip, and hopefully many more of you can make it! For those on the fence, here's an excerpt from the Genesis 2 thread you can also find here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284863

You just had to be there.

No other way to explain it, really. For those that had the pleasure of attending our inaugural event, there is no way to truly express or elucidate all that Genesis encompassed with mere words. Sure, one can mention certain aspects of that incredible three-day event, trying to explain their experience through individual memories. But all that truly does is distill the experience...

Well... Genesis is back. And this time, you can't afford to miss it.

From the same crew that brought you one of the most memorable Nationals in history, which sported the highest attendance rate, deepest pool of competition and most ridiculous prize pools ever for smash ($20,000), we've returned to continue our tournament franchise with a vengeance. We have taken what we learned from the first event, and will be bending over backwards building upon it to bring you the most incredible tournament experience of your life, the likes of which this community has never seen.
and about the hotel, which every smasher who's been has said was amazing
Basically, whatever stories you may have heard or memories you may have from the first time around... expect it all again for Genesis 2. We are in as good standing as can be with the hotel management, which means that this is a Smash Dorm if you've ever seen one. Just imagine hundreds of smashers, roaming door to door, playing brawl and melee all night with everyone from the tourney. Believe me and the dozens of others who've said it, when I say that it's even more fun than it sounds.

You also really couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel is surrounded by multiple places to eat such as In n' Out and Del Taco, and ranges from fast food to sit-down restaurants, all within walking distance. Not to mention that the venue, too, is within reasonable walking distance
By all accounts Genesis was among the best smash tournaments ever, so start saving now and come see why. And if anything use it as an excuse to see California one of the best areas of California at one of the best times of the year.

A few pikas are already planning on splitting a hotel room so housing should be very cheap. So start saving for your travel and registration expenses now!

Captain L

Smash Champion
I REAAAAAAAAAAALY want to attend this. I have the means of getting there, just not the permission... I'm still working on that.

Good luck to all the Pikas who are going though, it sounds so amazing.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Captain L I was thinking about you. I really hope you can make it, its gonna be awesome. Itd be cool to meet you too.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ill be there. by far the best tourney i have ever been too, and my best placing. how do i get in on the pika room?

no love in the title. ah well im just a scrub

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm housing with canadians atm, but it'd be tight to house with pikas.

We'll work stuff out XD

Brick

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I wasnt sure if you were for sure going stealth. Im putting you down as a certain.

Right now its you, me, roller, and leaf as definites I think auto too?

FZ and Vex are maybes.

Im not sure what Captain L's, ESAM's, Z's, Biggs or Bricks plans are assuming they come; though they are likely welcome.

And we'd certainly like everyone else to come too, so make sure to let us know if youre interested!

For the first room we're going for the queen size room, since its only $10/night more ($69 total) and comes with an extra queen bed. If a minimum 8 people are coming we're going to go for two rooms and have one room for early sleepers and another for night owls. Itll also help with showers and stuff.

Roller

Smash Legend
Hyyyyyyyyyype

Everyone should come. If we could get as many pikas as we had at Apex or more... That would be sick.

We're having a Pikadinner btdubs.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Waaay too ****in far, but I wish I could. Y'all gonna have so much fun. ;___;

King~

Smash Champion
this will probaly my last travelling far event that i go to

and the only reason im going is because its genesis

with all these pikas im probaly gonna have to ditto someone, i hate dittos

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sounds like it's time for a rematch~

But yeahhh I couldn't even make it to TX.... it would be a miracle if I made it to Cali lol.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I hope you all have a good time and come back with some good stories!

Roller

Smash Legend
THuGz, you're coming too? Hawt.

And yes, you played King at GSS.

@Rizk, I'm flying. From NJ =/ But I've heard Gio is interested, and I'm sure Lain is. They'd be the ones to talk to. And yeah, all the pikas know I main ICs now, still use/am a pika though. Plenty of "pikas" don't main him.

@Kaylo, I'm flying from NJ. No johns.

And I feel like King is at like. Every major tourney I go to. lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If I could fly around on mommy & daddy's dime, trust me, I'd be there.

Roller

Smash Legend
Hey, I had to trick mine. You do the same.

Maybe go around asking for make a wish fund foundations to make your dream vacation come true. Just leave out the part about not having cancer or w/e. ;)

Scatz

Smash Champion
No funds. Sorry guys. Go to Apex 2012 though. That's gonna be my graduation party with my friends.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm so happy you have a job at the age of 17. I desperately wished I did that when I was 17.

Seriously, I wouldn't be able to go either way. Summer school to make sure I'm done by the end of this year, and trying to get my life situated so when I graduate, I won't be struggling. Plus, my current luck has not landed me a job yet.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
first off yes im probably gonna go since its in cali and so am I, i need to work on my pika some more and i NEED housing so i wana stay athe pika hotel like last time at APEX

second shut up brick, you live in oregon, and stop bragging about being ranked in oregon, its almost as impressive as when i was HM'd in norcal.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I hate the ditto, but I'd **** on whoever is calling me out.

I have no idea who it is O_o

some random from norcal apparently?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Brick, as far as the nation is concerned you're as much a random as everyone else, as are most of us.

I don't MM but I'll be glad to play whoever, whether it be the ditto or not

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
As far as I'm concerned, I dont really give a damn what the nation thinks. I'm gonna start taking big names. Soon.

Furthermore, I don't like being called out by people whose best achievement is "honorable mention."

Norcal is good, but being an "Honorable mention" in Norcal is decent at best. I wasn't talking any ****, or saying anything like that, until you decided to open your mouth.

So, mm me at genesis 2? :D

Top Bottom