• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
His final smash could be a simple Thunder Wave. Not overwhelmingly awesome but it makes sense. Paralyze your enemies and kick their asses while they're unable to move.
Or it could be a combination of Thunder Wave and some huge electric-type move.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i wont miss qac too much, i was way more concerned about having thunder in the game. And while i like side b as a stalling recovery move, i wouldnt mind if it was replaced either.

His SFX are voiced by the same women that did brawl pikachu, and his walking SFX [the cute squeak sounds] are back from brawl in this game..FOR the moment

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone else notice that Pikachu had a bit of a reduced role in the recently revealed SSB content?
Most of the focus is on Mario, Link and Kirby now with the fourth amigo Pikachu left out.
DK seems to have taken Pikachu's place.

Kinda sucks really.

Either way. I don't think Pikachu's moveset has been changed at all. Everything seems to be in tact.

It took 14 years to lose 10lbs? That's not inspiring at all.
It is when that's almost 50% of your body weight.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Whoops double post!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think they just chose to show DK off because he's all Beast-pretty now, and has several DKCR shenanigans to hype up.

They can make Pikachu as HD, 'adowable' and cuddly as they want. It's still gonna be Pikachu.

Personally, as much as I love the new look, I honestly think everyone is looking forward to a different face for Pokemon in Smash.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
No love for pikachu? Or at least... not much.

I really liked pikachu in smash 64 and thought he was a good complete character in brawl - hopefully he's got some extra flare to make him more exciting this time around!

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
I don't foresee the move set changing all that much... Iron tail's power back would be lovely, even though I still use the crap out of it in brawl. His B-air from 64 would be fantastic. I think they should keep QaC. And I also think the chain grabs should be left in-tact. Thunder should remain how it is, and for the love of god I hope he keeps T-Jolt. If he was the exact same character as he was in brawl I wouldn't mind at all... But a player can dream.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
I hate to disappoint a lot of people in this thread, but it looks like Skull Bash is here to stay.

I would have loved something else too, but that does look a lot like Skull Bash. :/

Edit: Image and Speculation removed, it was a u-tilt not Up Smash. my bad

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I hope he has a volt tackle that looks more like volt tackle. Either that or a change altogether.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Not only should Pikachu's Up Smash be Iron Tail, but when Pikachu performs Up Smash his tail should flash gray, indicating the attack.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I am just popping in here to say I love Pikachu's new look. It makes Brawl Chu look fat and not like Pikachu to me now. Played in casually in every Smash, but maybe I'll start taking him seriously this time around.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
They'd be jammin' on the portable version in 3D.

Not likely to see them on the Wii U, anyway.
True, they would be grand! Oh well they have a Zelda OoT 3D stage so I guess a Starfox 64 3D stage is a given? Hopefully retro stages would be brought back...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Pika's B-air looked gumpy as **** in 64. I'm glad we got the Pikacopter instead.
That's what the 3DS is for. N64 stages!
The 3DS stage selection will be based on stages featured in games from handheld consoles. Smash was originally released for the N64 but Saffron City was inspired by the Game Boy games.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Pika's B-air looked gumpy as **** in 64. I'm glad we got the Pikacopter instead.

The 3DS stage selection will be based on stages featured in games from handheld consoles. Smash was originally released for the N64 but Saffron City was inspired by the Game Boy games.
You're misconstruing what I meant. What I am saying is that SSB stages are unbecoming on Wii U, just as they were on Wii. The only appropriate place left is 3DS.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I was hoping they would replace his side b with a volt tackle.
It still has the same charge and release and horizontal movement properties as skull bash, but he would be making an electrified dash.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope Pikachu has a taunt where he uses his cry in the Pokemon games. Would be nice to hear that.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
In his taunt, he transforms into 8 bit Pikachu and does the taunt. When Pikachu gets hit out of it, he is stuck in 8 bit mode and his sharp pixels instantly kill everyone!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In his taunt, he transforms into 8 bit Pikachu and does the taunt. When Pikachu gets hit out of it, he is stuck in 8 bit mode and his sharp pixels instantly kill everyone!
It's oh-so much more than that, you'll see...(on the social thread sometime tonight)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Pikachu needs to look more angry or serious like this:

I really dislike that pikachu's face, he looks happy all the time, it's weird. XD

Last edited:

Angiance

Smash Lord
@Chandelure: Understandably, it's a cute mouse, but these characters are BEATING THE FLUFF out of each other. The happy look shouldn't be overdone-I fully agree with you, dude; however, Pikachu needs not only varying facial expressions, but varying voices-and y'know what? Having not just Pikachu, but any character become more aggresive sounding, and appearing more beat up after reaching 100%, would make Smash U more exciting.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I like Pikachu with the smile on his face. He is like a PokeVillager. Although, seeing him actually angry would be cooler to see on smash 3DS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu could look quite pissed and badass in Brawl though. Just see him do the Forward Smash.

Also, I'd like it if Pikachu's Neutral B was chargable. As of now, it's becoming quite an underwhelming projectile. Many attacks can easily stop it, and it travels rather slow. Any power buff could compensate for all this I feel.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
A part of Pikachu's charm in the anime is all the expressions he makes. Having a perma-angry PIkachu would be weird sinceit's not fitting and having a PIkachu that's always happy would just create more dumb jokes for people who don't actually play the games (a la Villager).

Top Bottom