• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu

Cassio

Smash Master
WOW Zaj cant believe you posted in here before me.

Pika hype! Hes broken in like, every game anyways.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
...should they replace Skull Bash with something else, since he can't really learn that attack in the games anymore?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pikachu may not have had a good tier spot in Melee, but its u-smash was quite strong in that game. If only the u-smash got back that kind of power.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
This may sound harsh, but I think they should do away with all this chain-grabbing nonsense. I've heard a lot of ppl complain about DDD's CG shenanigans when Pika's CG's are just as game-breaking for certain MU's and he gets TWO of them (fthrow and dthrow) and he can hit you out of dthrow. Other than that, I think nearly everything about Pika should be kept the same. He's one of those chars whose moves are not only good, but fit him completely as a character.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Chaingrabs are never intentionally put in a game. Brawl's testers must've gotten lazy or something.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I feel like somehow, they're gonna come back stronger than before. Smash 64 didn't really have chain-grabbing. It had setups that led to repeated grabs off of un-techable wall bounces, but no CG's. Melee had them, but they were often heavily DI dependent and only worked to mid %'s. They became incredibly prevalent in Brawl. Yet, one may assume that, for each successive game, a better development team and more funds were used, one of the reasons the amount of hype for each game got steadily larger. This didn't stop this problem from getting larger, however. Now look at who's developing Smash 4, Namco Bandai. They made Tekken, the game where you can combo an opponent off ground bounces FOREVER. They also made DBZ Budokai and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi...and those aren't real fighting games. Tenkaichi had these ridiculous loops that were incredibly difficult to avoid, especially if you were using a certain type of controller. I just have this bad feeling that this new game's gonna end up having some even worse form of infinites or something...even if they use new mechanics.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Juggling and bounces into walls are a common way to combo in 3D fighters; the Virtua Fighter series by Sega also has this. 3D fighters are a completely different animal from a 2D game such as traditional fighters or Smash.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Skull Bash could be replaced by Electro Ball, maybe. Smash Pikachu takes some inspiration from anime Pikachu, and he learned Electro Ball in place of Volt Tackle, but I can't see VT being removed as the Final Smash since it's the Pikachu line's thing, and Electro Ball is too current to ignore.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Electro Ball should really replace Thunder Jolt, since that move was from....the card game.

yeah. with Skull bash, replace it with Voit tackle( the TV version is still the coolest looking move ever) and make Discharge his Final Smash.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Juggling and bounces into walls are a common way to combo in 3D fighters; the Virtua Fighter series by Sega also has this. 3D fighters are a completely different animal from a 2D game such as traditional fighters or Smash.
True, but in that case, Namco Bandai pretty much only has good experience in the 3D fighting game department and thus should not be laying a hand on my Smash. :-|

Skull Bash could be replaced by Electro Ball, maybe. Smash Pikachu takes some inspiration from anime Pikachu, and he learned Electro Ball in place of Volt Tackle, but I can't see VT being removed as the Final Smash since it's the Pikachu line's thing, and Electro Ball is too current to ignore.
I believe the anime Pikachu knew both Volt Tackle and Electro Ball.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash's_Pikachu#Moves_used

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Needs them N64 aerials back.
Very much so.

If only the u-smash got back that kind of power.
I agree with this too.

Electro Ball should really replace Thunder Jolt, since that move was from....the card game.
yeah. with Skull bash, replace it with Voit tackle( the TV version is still the coolest looking move ever) and make Discharge his Final Smash.
Not sure about Electro ball replacing Thunder jolt, as Thunder jolt's been one of Pikachu's most useful moves as a projectile imo, but skull bash into Volt tackle would be absolutely epic. If they actually develop this game to appeal to both casuals and competitives, that could be the highlight of Smash history.

Perhaps there would be two modes, "casual" and "hardcore," where tripping is gone in hardcore and the speed is increased to (around) Melee's speed? Maybe some moves would have increased power, like smashes? If so, and if Pikachu gets his Melee usmash back, he would be broken in hardcore.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
True, but in that case, Namco Bandai pretty much only has good experience in the 3D fighting game department and thus should not be laying a hand on my Smash. :-|
Well, they're getting their hands on it one way or another so get ready, lol.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I want Pikachu to lose his chaingrabs and instead have better range on his tilts and aerials.

NinjaPika

Smash Rookie
I second the Discharge for the final smash. My vision is that it should be like Luigi's FS but it keeps getting bigger and bigger doing more and more damage. Around a 5 second FS that would start small and eventually almost cover up all of Final Destination. Volt Tackle would be like QA but on the ground and do more damage.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I really like Pikachu's move set in Brawl. Thunder, Jolt, and his ability to QAC really make him an interesting character. The only thing I don't like is his skull bash, which IMO is an extremely dull special move.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I want Pikachu to lose his chaingrabs and instead have better range on his tilts and aerials.
Lolz, I wouldn't even worry about that. If Namco does what I think they're going to do with this game, CG's will probably make a reappearance, but in a largely different form than we've ever seen. That's what happened in the transition from Melee to Brawl, and it will probably happen again, tbh.

jigglover

Smash Lord

I think that iron tail is the coolest looking attack on pokemon TV, you'll have to watch back in hoenn, but it looks f****** awesome, also, make side smash iron tail, just make it a steely silver with a lot more knockback, but (to make it more feasible) less of a hitbox.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
It makes more sense for Pikachu's smashes to be electric, though. If anything (and to stay true to previous Smashes), Iron Tail should be Pika's usmash. That would actually make a lot of sense, now that I think about it...

Edit: Lolz, ninja'd

Edit 2: Yo, people need to realize, all of Pika's attacks don't need to be specific moves from the games and shows. Maybe his specials, but not his normals. It's enough that they utilize the electric effect in a useful and practical manner. Thus, it doesn't matter if his fsmash or dsmash are not literal "moves," so to speak.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Pikachu's

Weak Attacks

1: Headbutt

Strong Attacks

Upward: Tail Smack
Forward: Pika Kick
Downward: Tail Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Tail Somersault
Forward: Thundershock
Downward: Electric Flower

Dash Attack: Running Headbutt

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Pika Roll
Front: Electric Drill
Back: Glider
Up: Tail Chop
Down: Electric Screw

Special Attacks

Standard B: Thunder Jolt
Foward B: Skull Bash
Upward B: Quick Attack
Downward B: Thunder

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Electric Shock
Front: Electrocution
Back: Submission
Up: Electric Skull
Down: Electric Slam

That's dealt with.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is overpowered and need to be balanced. Maybe in the smash attack that breaks defense

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
Pikachu is so stupid his thunder move is so broken and dumb it always kills me and I can't fall fast enough to dodge it and it kills me plus his final smash is like so hard to control its dumb they should make a pokeball item that if you throw at pikachu at above 50% it catches him and then it ends the game so that pikachu isn't so good and cheap.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I think Pikachu is a great character that has a moveset which is according to the Pokémon games (as well as the anime).

One change they could do is switching one of his current smash attacks with Iron Tail. The reason I can't decide wich one of his smash attacks that should be substituted is because I think they're all really good...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I think Pikachu is a great character that has a moveset which is according to the Pokémon games (as well as the anime).

One change they could do is switching one of his current smash attacks with Iron Tail. The reason I can't decide wich one of his smash attacks that should be substituted is because I think they're all really good...
agreed. i think his skull bash should be switched with Iron tail just cause Pikachu can't learn Skull bash in the games

Ove

Smash Journeyman
agreed. i think his skull bash should be switched with Iron tail just cause Pikachu can't learn Skull bash in the games
Really? That sounds like a good idea then...

Isn't the moveset illogical for Ness and/or Lucas too? Can't remember the details, but Lucas shouldn't be able to know PSI Magnet (or something like that?) He could have PK Love instead, that would have been awesome!

Top Bottom