• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu vs. Jigglypuff

N64

Smash Champion
Pika can combo jiggs with max 3 uairs. He can, however, juggle jiggs with as many uairs as the jiggs player is dumb enough to try and beat from above.

And frankly, you should care what axe says you can do, because he's a lot better than you.

A lot.

Oracle

Smash Master
No XIII is completely right. Pikachu has like 20 jumps so he can just up air-jump-up air-jump-up air-jump and continue until he hits jiggly off the top.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Pikachu COULD outrange jigglypuff with up-air. but really I wouldn't think j-puff would be that dumb to let you do that.Hey why is everyone hating on j-puff right now? There are a lot of threads about it. I hate how everyone's move for someone will move around a lot.

AXE 09

Smash Master
No XIII is completely right. Pikachu has like 20 jumps so he can just up air-jump-up air-jump-up air-jump and continue until he hits jiggly off the top.
lol this totally just made my day

at XIII ways to die: if you're talking about COMBOING jiggs with 15 up-airs, then i'm pretty darn sure that it's impossible. if you're talking about not REAL combos, then i can see where you're coming from.

just something i've noticed about you... you tend to try to talk about things that can't really help you in a real match. in my opinion, you should definately focus more on moves that can help you against good players. have you been to any tournaments before?

festizzio

Smash Champion
Dude jiggs vs Pika isn't in Pika's favor...like at all >_>

I'll do a mm with anyone with my crappy jiggs vs pika.
i accept

jiggs is all about running around a lot and getting her in stupid combos until she's at kill percentage, then it's all about hitting with a weak nair to usmash or a fair while she's in the air to usmash. Even though the fair doesn't actually combo into the usmash, jiggs doesn't have anything fast enough to beat out the usmash, so worst case scenario you just trade hits, where she's guaranteed to die but you're most likely going to survive.

lol at XII:

...and spam the heck out of the thunder. even a human player with jigs will fall prey easy to thunder...
... the perfect personto thunder cancle on. her moves when teching right dont even phase pikachu.

-Chad-

Slackerator
i accept

Even though the fair doesn't actually combo into the usmash, jiggs doesn't have anything fast enough to beat out the usmash, so worst case scenario you just trade hits, where she's guaranteed to die but you're most likely going to survive.
Or she could DI up and airdodge or like...jump and float lazily away.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No, just normal DI away.

Even if they DI into it, I'm pretty sure they can jump and escape. And, if not escape perfectly, then at least avoid the sweetspot and only get clipped by the weak end.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i don't know if i'd ever MM ANY jiggs player with pika even if they were scrubs. i suck so bad in this matchup, it's not even funny hahaha

festizzio

Smash Champion
you should force mango to go puff against you one time

seriously i learned so much just from playing one game against him at every tournament, even if he was sandbagging

although he says he doesn't go puff anymore, so you might be out of luck :(

HiIH

Smash Lord
Wow, I had no idea Pika V Puff was a bad matchup O.o; I always thought it was at least even. Especially because it feels like Pika could zoom in with a nair>nair and get away or something silly like that.

Maybe it's because you can't do stupid gimps on Jiggs? ._. That's what it feels like everytime I play a pikachu, even the last time I played Chad (which was like TO3 or some ****). It feels like I get tapped and kinda combo'd until I either get gimped or edgeguarded. <.<;

Of course now that I think about it that sounds a little bit like Link too. Nevermind.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
lol this totally just made my day

at XIII ways to die: if you're talking about COMBOING jiggs with 15 up-airs, then i'm pretty darn sure that it's impossible. if you're talking about not REAL combos, then i can see where you're coming from.

just something i've noticed about you... you tend to try to talk about things that can't really help you in a real match. in my opinion, you should definately focus more on moves that can help you against good players. have you been to any tournaments before?
prove me rong then. not talking crap im just saying prove me rong wich isnt going to happen. as a matter of fact i call every one that says im rong out. everyone. and yes i agree jigs has a messed up DI but that doesnt mean a thing if your being followed every step of the way.

but anyways back to the point everyone who keeps saying im rong prove it.
i want yall to prove it cuse im ganna laugh so hard when your face drops and your like what the heck.

again not talking crap just calling out.

one more thing i realize yall dont know who i am realy cuse im new to smash boards. but im not new to the game. so that crap some people say that your better than me save it for after you fight me.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
no no no no

the burden on proof is on YOU to prove you CAN do it. If you say you can do it its not up to us to show you cant. that makes no sense.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i don't think jigglypuff players with reactions that fast exist
Well, given the huge amount of time they have to see Pikachu starting his Usmash after he lands on the ground from his Fair, I disagree. And even if they don't have the reaction time, half of them spam the jump button after being hit by combo moves anyway, and Pika's Fair is unmistakably a combo move (or at least it tries to be one).

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
what what it makes perefect sense. cuse of that yall say i cant do it against a good human player. so a combo vid proves nothing only a real match does

Well, given the huge amount of time they have to see Pikachu starting his Usmash after he lands on the ground from his Fair, I disagree. And even if they don't have the reaction time, half of them spam the jump button after being hit by combo moves anyway, and Pika's Fair is unmistakably a combo move (or at least it tries to be one).
huh so your saying it take alot of time to get that upsmash out. no it doesnt not if you perfect l cancle. if thats not what your saying then mybad

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Here's a big word of advice in this match, jiggs is too light to take on this match lightly, yes there's auto rest combos but also remember pikachu has the BEST recovery in the game so guess what, once a pikachu player's defensive skill gets high enough pikachu (and Pichu) can never die if used correctly, both of their Up-B's have incredible tech abilities. And I'm sorry pikachu has this one in the bag.

Only Pikachu can recover from a rest instantly. How gimp is that?

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
yup and pikachu has also teched and survived off the kill spot of luigis up-b while at 130% with no wall.

i hear alot of die you f-ing rodent lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
the usmash's range isn't so terrible that jigglypuff can jump out between the fair and the usmash and not get hit. >_>

soap

Smash Hero
is soap now a pika main? O_O
ya, i main pika now.

except for tournies.

how do u guys fight really aggressive yet defensive marths, like the type that just comes straight at u all the time but never commits past tipper range? like u cant jolt them cuz they **** u for trying, but they don't let u get in, how do u get in?

ive been dash dancing to bait a dash attack, then i shield and uair oos, but u know that doesnt happen often enough.

other than that and cc dsmash occasionally, i have no staples, just run around and look for openings

AXE 09

Smash Master
prove me rong then. not talking crap im just saying prove me rong wich isnt going to happen. as a matter of fact i call every one that says im rong out. everyone. and yes i agree jigs has a messed up DI but that doesnt mean a thing if your being followed every step of the way.

but anyways back to the point everyone who keeps saying im rong prove it.
i want yall to prove it cuse im ganna laugh so hard when your face drops and your like what the heck.

again not talking crap just calling out.

one more thing i realize yall dont know who i am realy cuse im new to smash boards. but im not new to the game. so that crap some people say that your better than me save it for after you fight me.
as stated by junglefever before, we can't prove you wrong. you can only prove yourself right.

what if i said "pikachu can knee people just like C. Falcon. if you think i'm wrong then prove me wrong. otherwise i'm right". well the thing is, nobody can prove that wrong, i can only prove myself right, which will never happen, just like in your situation
Pikachu with a knee would be so freakin ****!!!

IF YOU'RE SICK OF PEOPLE TELLING YOU THAT YOU'RE WRONG THEN PROVE THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS RIGHT

easiest way is by making a video

Soap, i'm so glad that you main pika now =D

lol! TresChikon, i'm so glad you saw my combo video =D lots of hard work was put into it

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Some things I wanted to comment on..
-Hungrybox is the king of bair. He eats low tiers for breakfast.
-According to the recovery list, Pikachu does not have the best recovery.
-Jigglypuff is hard to combo. Pikachu is no exception.. You can't really land that many consecutive hits.
-N64 ***** me at SNES, and PikaPika is really good

Axe I won't be able to go to Pound4/ROM2 so we won't get to do our PKMN battle.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...think we could use a rewrite of that.

Pikachu's recovery is pretty good. I like it a lot.

I'd like it more if I were better at it, but, whatever.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
as stated by junglefever before, we can't prove you wrong. you can only prove yourself right.

what if i said "pikachu can knee people just like C. Falcon. if you think i'm wrong then prove me wrong. otherwise i'm right". well the thing is, nobody can prove that wrong, i can only prove myself right, which will never happen, just like in your situation
Pikachu with a knee would be so freakin ****!!!

IF YOU'RE SICK OF PEOPLE TELLING YOU THAT YOU'RE WRONG THEN PROVE THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS RIGHT

easiest way is by making a video

Soap, i'm so glad that you main pika now =D

lol! TresChikon, i'm so glad you saw my combo video =D lots of hard work was put into it

oh just shut the heck up. axe you are rong and if you try to main pikachu then you should stop if thats what you think. a fighter should always have full faith that his character could do anything. vids are cheap only fights are for real.

i seen your vids your up-b cancel sucks cuse you can only do it on the edge. i can do it anywhere. you dont know how to lighting tech that good. dude if you cant do these 2 things then stop playing pikachu

oh to any other dumb f,s that wants to say something clam it.

N64

Smash Champion
I want to ban you from the pika boards. I am probably one of the most accepting, welcoming people here, I love people talking about pikachu, but I have seen almost no productive info from you. Every other post of yours is calling out some established,sklled pikachu player and claiming that they are 'rong' and don't know what they're talking about

We know what we're doing. We've been doing this "play pikachu at a competative level" thing for a while. We know he's capable of a great many things and could have unlocked potential. Having said that, if there's something we don't collectively know about the rat, we need something to show us. Either a descriptive account of the thing in question, and/or a vid to show us. My apologies if I don't immediately believe everything you say, but you have to understand the situation here. The majority of us you are calling out are pikachu mains who have been pikachu mains for a while and are generally respected by the smash community by our proficiency with the character. You are effectively a no name so far with only your posts and no other evidence that you exist let alone play pikachu. I think we have been relatively accepting of some of your outrageous claims, and you would get miles ahead with us by either: going to a notable tourney, doing well, and thus showing us you may actually know what you're talking about OR making a video documenting these claims of your in action. They are relatively simple requests, WE have done both already to show that we know something about pikachu.

Regardless of the validity of your claims, your attitude on these boards just pisses me off. You seem to discount our comments with a general "hahaha your rong, you can't even do this simple technique while I can" etc. without basically anything except a word from kyo to back you up. This is rather aggrivating as the pika boards have largely been a very accepting and enjoyable place, and all you're doing from these posts is making us unite against you. I frankly don't care atm if you feel welcomed or not, you have been a horrible guest, and you either need to have some humble pie and chill, give us something to back up your words, or get the **** out.

Seriously, when someone comes in here with your tone and suggests that someone who is widely accepted and respected as the top pikachu player in the country should stop playing pikachu, it makes me visably angry. Change your attitude or gtfo.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
**** N64 getting off...

It's true that. You've done nothing for discussion. All you've done is say YOU'RE WRONG. Do you have any idea of the mechanics of this game? Why what you claim doesn't work? Maybe you should learn the game first before you claim all this **** and realize how none of it makes sense. All the silly **** in the game can be explained, however, your claims are baseless and have no bearing based on the knowledge of game mechanics and character mechanics. So, therefore, the burden of proof lies upon you to prove that your 'ideas' and 'strategies' exist and are viable.

This is coming from a pretty solid troll, but you come in here and disrespect the top pikachu players without a second thought. None of your claims have any base, while all theirs have been proven to the community at large.

tl;dr

Get out.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
you know what i didnt even bother to read whatever it is yall wrote. maybe a little.
bla bla bla this and that thats all i hear saying you cant do this or that.

yall started it first.
i dont care if i have respect.
i dont care there the top in the board doenst make them the top period and i say
PERIOD...............with extra dots behind it.
mechanics of the game??? who cares. doesnt change a thing. maybe you need to learn more. not me.

yall think im disrespeting yall. however i see it the other way around yall are disrespecting me.
BANNNN me please ban MEEE so i can lose my reason for posting on this sorry board.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom