• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu vs. Jigglypuff

Whirlwind Werewolf

Smash Rookie
Ask if you're on Long Island and want to Smash
Hey, I main Fox but I love playing as Pikachu and I hate having to face Jiggs as Fox. I screw up the DI when Jiggs up throws me and then I die lol. I know it seems easy to DI out of it, but I just want to play the matchup as Pikachu. I know Pikachu's up-smash is amazing against Jiggs, but that's about it. Do you guys have any pointers you're willing to share for the Pikachu vs. Jigglypuff matchup?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
on low cieling levels, I've had upsmashes kill at 50s.

Umm, on recovering against Jiggs, I personally like to DI and jump away from the stage cause people usually get wall of pained if they don't, and one thing you have as an advantage is an amazing verticle recovery, if a Jiggs is trying to chase you off map, make them go low, cause I usually see puffs fail when they try to go too low.

Thats just how I personally feel about the matchup, but I'm sure N64 will post later with more info, and maybe some corrections on what I just said.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Up air is awesome for this matchup, Jiggs does terribly vs people below her lol. Otherwise just keep in mind that Jiggs is slow and weak on the ground, and fast and powerful in the air. Take advantage of the fact that Pika's hard to rest and be a little more aggressive. Never be directly to the side of Jiggs unless you're in the middle of comboing her. Also if they mess up the DI on the down throw, Dthrow -> upsmash kills. Same thing if you can get them on the ground and tech chase, easy setups into usmash will be the deciding factor really, as you have no other reliable way of killing her. It's a tough matchup overall though, but meh, you're playing a low tier so you have to expect that lol.

N64

Smash Champion
Funny story, I would regularly in tournament play pikachu vs. 25 of the 26 selectable characters. I switched to young link when fighting jiggs. I hate pika vs. jiggs.

Having said that, it's still not super horrible. Most of what's been said already is true. Try to stay below jiggs if you can, she doesn't have much to do to you from there, and you can come up with uairs and nairs relatively safely, while threatening to usmash if she tries to approach you from above. Practice usmash out of shield and cc usmash. Though you probably won't have much opportunity to connect with either, as jiggses like to poke you with aerials and not actually approach until one hits, it's still pretty useful if she tries to like nair your shield or actually approach you. As tdk said, when you get hit off the stage, DI away (as long as it won't initially kill you) if the jiggs jumps to chase you off the edge. Really, you want her to try to approach you as you're recovering, and then zip by her with your upB and attempt to edgeguard her. Otherwise, sweetspotting is useful if you can position for it, as jiggs doesn't have much to intercet that well. If you're edgeguarding jiggs, just throw jolts out if possible and try to repeatedly uair spiker her if she runs out of jumps. Be weary of approaching her off the edge though, jiggs' aerial mobility makes her relatively good at punishing any approaches, even if she's recoverying at the time.

While you're both on the stage, things mostly turn into quick hits. Jiggs will often throw out aerials around ou prevent your approaches and rack up damage. You need to try to get down the timing and jump in to punish between her attacks. Trading hits with jiggs is ok, just difficult to do, as her aerials beat yours usually. If you ever can get a usmash, by all means do. It kills jiggs at like 60-70% on most stages. Otherwise, tap at her with aerials until one kills.

Jolt is relatively safe to make her come to you. Most jiggs will just go over it, which is your opportunity to dash in and get under her, which is where you want to be.

Watch out for her fsmash, she'll occasionally try to bait an approach->fsmash punish. And yeah, it hurts.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
aw dude pikachu against jigs. pikachu ***** jigs. so you have an easy match to begin with anyways.
but like they said your up airs **** jigs your up smash kills her at 40% seen it kill at less pending the stage your on. just dont get rested lol. but even if you do get rested just use pikachus bad @ recovery.
and spam the heck out of the thunder. even a human player with jigs will fall prey easy to thunder.

for instance try to catch jigs at the hour glass top part of the stage. do a thunder on her at that level its an intant kill. but realy you should have no probwith that match up. for one jigs is the perfect personto thunder cancle on. her moves when teching right dont even phase pikachu.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
aw dude pikachu against jigs. pikachu ***** jigs. so you have an easy match to begin with anyways.
but like they said your up airs **** jigs your up smash kills her at 40% seen it kill at less pending the stage your on. just dont get rested lol. but even if you do get rested just use pikachus bad @ recovery.
and spam the heck out of the thunder. even a human player with jigs will fall prey easy to thunder.

for instance try to catch jigs at the hour glass top part of the stage. do a thunder on her at that level its an intant kill. but realy you should have no probwith that match up. for one jigs is the perfect personto thunder cancle on. her moves when teching right dont even phase pikachu.
If you are talking about thunder the down b move, I can only see you getting rested out of it. IDK who the heck you play with, but noone at my school falls for down b, and our 2 best players are mediocre compared to the rest of the world.

And don't say someone should have no problem with a matchup because its a good one. Some of the best pikas don't like vs. jiggs, something about not being able to combo? Personally, I think combos are stupid and overrated ;-).

And fighting people isn't just about the matchup, alot of times its about the other player and your thinking. Like I can beat shieks with my marths, but not pikas and stuff.

N64

Smash Champion
If it were Chad's jiggs vs. my pika, I'd bet on chad. Jiggs is like his what, 3rd best char? And pika my primary. Still betting on him.

I may be overlaying this with personal experience, but like a month ago I was at S.N.E.S. in MA. Big tourney. I was playing friendlies against dudutsai's jiggs as pika. I'd win most of them, while gritting my teeth, but like 1 stock super hard trying the whole time. As we kept playing I got emo and was like "f this matchup, jiggs is dumb" so i picked jiggs and we had a jiggs ditto. Jiggs is like my 4th least played character after yoshi, ICs, and DK. I did just as well, if not better, in the matchup, with honestly less effort. Entirely by personal experience, jiggs ditto > pika vs. jiggs.

N64 is so good at this game. I wish I knew how to play Smash.
Also yay

AXE 09

Smash Master
personally... i can't stand pika vs jiggs at all. it's arguably my worst matchup, i'd much much rather use falco or fox

but i know a lot of pika players like the matchup. i'm not too experienced with it, but here's a little advice that i can give

one thing that i've found useful is approaching with a full jump -> ariel attack. against most characters, i usually short hop, but against jiggs i found it to be more effective doing a full jump instead

full jump neutral air actually works pretty well (at least, in the jiggs experience that i've had). a full jump down air is really good too, i mostly use dair and nair. DO NOT use thunder unless you're pretty much 100% sure it'll hit, because you'll get punished hardcore if you miss lol.

in my opinion, i think fox is a much better choice, but you never know, everyone has their own different preferences

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
If you are talking about thunder the down b move, I can only see you getting rested out of it. IDK who the heck you play with, but noone at my school falls for down b, and our 2 best players are mediocre compared to the rest of the world.

And don't say someone should have no problem with a matchup because its a good one. Some of the best pikas don't like vs. jiggs, something about not being able to combo? Personally, I think combos are stupid and overrated ;-).

And fighting people isn't just about the matchup, alot of times its about the other player and your thinking. Like I can beat shieks with my marths, but not pikas and stuff.
dude ill just say one thing dont tell me what i can and cant do. i know what can be done cus ive dont it. and knowbody falls for it cuse you dont try hard enough. so leave it alone. and bull that pika cant combo jigs where did yo get that idea from

N64

Smash Champion
you can't do it. It's unpossible.

Pikachu may be a pokemon and all, but believing in your pokemon and telling him to do his best and try his hardest doesn't get you far in smash. You have to like press buttons and stuff.

Uair->uair is not a very good combo : /

AXE 09

Smash Master

Pikachu may be a pokemon and all, but believing in your pokemon and telling him to do his best and try his hardest doesn't get you far in smash. You have to like press buttons and stuff.

i love you dude lol. couldn't have said it better myself

TresChikon

Smash Lord
dude ill just say one thing dont tell me what i can and cant do. i know what can be done cus ive dont it. and knowbody falls for it cuse you dont try hard enough. so leave it alone. and bull that pika cant combo jigs where did yo get that idea from
Maybe you can do it, maybe you are as good as you say. So you don't mind showing me a video of your amazing skills right?

I prefer looking at facts rather than theoretical opinions, so prove to us how amazing you are at this game.

I never hear Axe nor N64 prance around yelling how good they are. They just are, and they have countless vids to back it up.

I'm sure you with your amazing smash career has at least ONE video somewhere and it doesnt take a month to make.

I'm a scrubb because I don't have anything to show. No vids, no notable tourney success. It's as simple as that. I accept it and prolly 99% of people here could whoop my butt. I just dont run around trolling and make empty claims/

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It doesn't even get you that far in actual pokemon lololol

defsithe

Smash Ace
i dont think pika vs jiggz is too bad. its ends up being alot of spamming on both parts but whatev.

with that said i have only really played 2 good jiggz Hbox and a Davico (a really good player from mexico), and i did/do relatively well against them with pika.

me vs Hbox went last stock the two matches we played. and and davico just goes marth on my pika now(and destroys me).

Hbox took me to yoshis the second game cuz he said he took another pika there and 4 stocked him. lol.

anyways i think all u have to do is have enough room to stay away from b-airs. and try to "sweetspot"/not get that nasty lag when u up-b or u will get f-smashed and or rested.

umm i approach with n-airs u-airs and some f-airs. if i land in the right place i can sometimes get a up smash after it. i spam jolts when im at higher percents. i try not to d smash too much vs jiggz. and when they try to edge guard i d-air and or try to drop below stage level so i think i have a better chance of surviving somehow.

i NEVER THUNDER EVER vs jiggz EVER. its a terrible idea to do it. unless your up-smash kills her in the background and u do it just because she isnt on the stage. seriously never thunder.

also i like young link or luigi vs jiggz too. depends.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Maybe you can do it, maybe you are as good as you say. So you don't mind showing me a video of your amazing skills right?

I prefer looking at facts rather than theoretical opinions, so prove to us how amazing you are at this game.

I never hear Axe nor N64 prance around yelling how good they are. They just are, and they have countless vids to back it up.

I'm sure you with your amazing smash career has at least ONE video somewhere and it doesnt take a month to make.

I'm a scrubb because I don't have anything to show. No vids, no notable tourney success. It's as simple as that. I accept it and prolly 99% of people here could whoop my butt. I just dont run around trolling and make empty claims/
dude........

you
are
amazing

lmao! wow you played hbox, defsithe? i don't even wanna fight him cuz i'm afraid of jiggs lol

-Chad-

Slackerator
hbox is referring to me for the 4 stock.

I only got to play him once, and I didn't do well. That apparently is enough base for Yoshi's to be a good vs pika stage hahahah.

I hate floaty chars.

N64

Smash Champion
hbox beat me at e52. 2stock and 1stock I think? He was in my jigglypool. He's tuff : /

I cp stadium against jiggses if i'm playing pika. Or yoshi's if i'm tired of chasing him (but that usually doesn't go well).

defsithe

Smash Ace
i played him at HERB2 in pools? well i no i played him in pools. but maybe the matches i was referring to were friendlies? i had one of the two death pools. it was hbox, PB&J, Reno, swift bass?, g money. and some other people but they only took four? out of pools so yeah. i didnt no any of those other people (besides Hbox) but they were all good.

fun tourny though, i beat lambchops once in friendlies lol. M2K was owning me with shiek in teams friendlies. met the doug. real fun stuff. first time i traveled further north than texas lol. usually i play in mexico hahaha.

and all the **** talk i was getting during brawl pools cuz i was getting 3 stocked, was too funny.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice

lol lmao you just dont know do you. you keep saying that until you get u-aired 15 times in a row. and i dont want to hear that bull about well not agianst a good player cus i play against them all the time.

empty no bragging on how good i am no i dont. i just tell it how it is and how i see it.

wool

Smash Ace
XIII, if you just show a freaking vid of you doing these things we would shut up. The fact that you are avoiding it is just further proving our points that you're info is all wrong.

BTW a really super nerdy story:
I was bored and so I popped in my pokemon yellow cartridge in my Gameboy SP and I saw a level 72 Pikachu. I was like YAY PIKA! And when I talked to him he jumped up and down 3 times and had heart bubbles. It was a cool moment lol :)

N64

Smash Champion
Pika's too good.

Jiggs won't get uair'd 15 times in a row. Frankly that's absurd. Even for exaggeration. You're going to get 2 uairs. 3 may work if jiggs smash DIs one down mayyybe.

AXE 09

Smash Master
XIII, if you just show a freaking vid of you doing these things we would shut up. The fact that you are avoiding it is just further proving our points that you're info is all wrong.

BTW a really super nerdy story:
I was bored and so I popped in my pokemon yellow cartridge in my Gameboy SP and I saw a level 72 Pikachu. I was like YAY PIKA! And when I talked to him he jumped up and down 3 times and had heart bubbles. It was a cool moment lol :)
that story totally just made my day lol!

15 uairs on jiggs? i don't think so.... 3 at max IF you're lucky and get her in some sort of weird situation

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
been done an done. AND JUST FOR HE RECORD PIKACHU CAN START TO FINISH WITH THE UP-AIR ON JIGS.

lol lmao thinking on how yall could think so low of pikachu. but pikachu chus you.
just a warning.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
You're terrible stop posting you awful player
wow another comment from the idiot section. stupid people tick me off. come fight me pikapika if you think your all bad stuff.

at least axe knows what im talking about with the up air. thank god theirs at least someone in here whos not a idiot. unlike this pikapika.

wool

Smash Ace
wow another comment from the idiot section. stupid people tick me off. come fight me pikapika if you think your all bad stuff.

at least axe knows what im talking about with the up air. thank god theirs at least someone in here whos not a idiot. unlike this pikapika.
First off PikaPika isnt an idiot.
Second you don't wanna fight PikaPika
Third Axe said that you can at MAX do 3 uairs on Puff, not 15 or "start to finish" by u-airing Puff.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
i swear if someone else says the max is 3 i will have lost all faith in this board. your minds dont want to except the fact that your rong. you can juggle infinitly with the up-air and if you cant see that then you shouldnt be playing pikachu. cuss you forget that the up-air is an anti arial move.

second he is an idiot to me. anybody who comes up with stupid remarks like he did needs to be called an idiot.

third i would care less what axe or anyone alse sais you can do. yall may know how to play good but yall are holding yourselves back by thinking such crap.

finally if you dont like what i have to say then clam up and stop giving me a reason to argue with you.

Top Bottom