• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Results (UPDATED!: 4/24/11)

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I definitely believe pika has a huge advantage on the fox player if he can do 2 things.

A. get the grab.
B. Kill him after the grab.

IMO killing the fox is hardest part, you have to approach him, and you have to read him to get the kill. Esam is obviously good at this, so fox isn't hard for him. But for pikas who don't play good fox players a lot, it gets harder.
Obvious post is obvious lol.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
DEATH IS GUARANTEED GUYS!!!! YOU CAN BUFFER A DASH FOOTSTOL TO QAL TO JAB LOCK (to refresh) to F-smash.
so mlp got you to eh? smh

and when i see it actually being done in tourney REPEATEDLY ill believe it. its possible, but the only one who i have scene do the buffer somewhat consistently in tourney is you

Metatitan

Smash Master
so mlp got you to eh? smh

and when i see it actually being done in tourney REPEATEDLY ill believe it. its possible, but the only one who i have scene do the buffer somewhat consistently in tourney is you
That doesn't change the fact that it still exists, is possible, and is reasonable to perform consistently in a tournament set.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
It's easier to do than the dthrow>dash uair>footstool and ESAM has that down pretty well.

ESAM, get a beter avatar from here: http://community.livejournal.com/boxofdoomage/7695.html#cutid1
or http://community.livejournal.com/boxofdoomage/8603.html
ill wait for them to become more prevelant till i change my opinion on it. i intend to sit down and practice them myself pretty soon. once a good chunk of pikas can do this consistently ill agree on a negative three mu. but as tag points out im garbage at this game, so my opinion doesnt matter

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I hate being the only Pikachu able to consistently do things in tournaments...it pisses me off that I'm an outlier.

Why can't you guys be better already? :(

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
eh every time someone posted "this" it was turned into "the Black Plague"

the post you quoted would have been:

lol The Black Plague filter is hilarious. and you wont be the only one for long

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I forgot I entered a tourney three weeks ago. So I have played after WGF. What a trip lolololol.

3/19/2011
7/33 @ Comcom Brawl.

I entered as marioria instead of automatic for old time's sake. ;)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yes, I lost to a Sheik. It's only easy if you can get the grab (and if you don't drop it like I did a couple of times). After I managed to cg him game 2, he switched to Zelda on match 3 until he was out of cg percents.

I also did manage to take a match off of BigLou. I almost took the set, but he came back.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
4/9/11
1st out of 18 @ ESAM's ZP Monthlies: Stampede of the Bronies
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301240

Lost to Shaky FIRST ROUND. Ness is good lol, and I messed up a few crucial GRs. Blech, he is good still
Beat a few scrubs
Beat Bunnyma (Beast snake who beat Shaky in losers), CO18, MVD, Nick Riddle, and Seibrik twice.

I used a lot of ICs, but I totaled the match count and it was 16 Pika 10 ICs 1 DK 1 Bowser. I <3 CGing with ICs lol, I got seibrik with a walking one when nana was separated last stock game 5 of set 2, and nana had enough time to wake up (She hit the floor), get over to me, and then start the CG. It was muy sexy.

Roller

Smash Legend
Good **** both of you. Hope you stick with Pika, at least for a few mu's, LeSyd.

And ESAM, I see the same thing is happening to you that happened to me. Slowly but surely, IC's take over more and more over your matches. Welcome to the dark side.

Are there any vids?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
2nd set isn't saved, but 1st set was, as was me vs Master Raven (I used ICs game 1 and 2). I like Pikachu more, but I wanna see how effective my ICs are. MK vs ICs is in MKs favor, but only if he gets a lead. If ICs get a lead, MK is done lol. I still prefer Pikachu in every MU as of now, but my ICs are getting really good, and it scares people to ban FD as opposed to Picto, so I get a free CP as Pika :D

Pika/ICs is the anti-MK character choice. Every level can give one of the characters an advantage or make it even. BF? ICs > MK. FD? ICs/Pika > MK. Delfino? Even for both. Yoshis? ICs > MK. SV? Pika > MK. Castle Siege? ICs > MK. Halberd? Pika > MK. Picto? Pika > MK. RC? Pika = MK. Ban Brinstar. PS1? Pika > MK.

EVERYTHING IS AMAZING I LOVE THAT COMBINATION SO MUCH AOWIEJGFIPOAWEJGOI

Roller

Smash Legend
Good ****, however you guys don't really have any legit ICs in FL, so nobody there really knows the matchup well. Which is why for instance I make a killing in MMs when I go out of state. But in MI everyone knows the matchup, making it significantly more difficult. Even solid players need to have their ***** kicked by ICs enough to learn the mu well. Not to take anything away from you, you clearly know what you're doing with them. lol

Also, who CP'd lylat? Or was that the neutral?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He CPd it when I was pika game 3, and I went ICs. People that know the MU still lose to my ICs. Me vs Ally went to last hit in our MM, and he has swordgard practice, and my ICs have got WAY better since then.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It becomes really difficult to approach if you are losing because of the platform, which is a fairly large negative.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
4/9/11
17/32 @ Smash...Hit?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301258

I wasn't going to post my results since I'm pretty bad, but I did better than I expected so I feel like I might as well. Plus, I think I may have been the best Pika there by default, so I guess that's something. I just wish I knew what that something was.

Roller

Smash Legend
He CPd it when I was pika game 3, and I went ICs. People that know the MU still lose to my ICs. Me vs Ally went to last hit in our MM, and he has swordgard practice, and my ICs have got WAY better since then.
Was Ally using MK? Because he can't do **** to our top IC with his mk.

And Phoenix, not bad at all considering how stacked that tournament was. Like. Damn.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That was also my first tourney as Pikachu, so I currently have no match-up experience against anyone. There was no way I was going to beat Ch33s3's IC when that was literally my first time ever fighting an IC (I barely got out of that without being 3 stocked), and Chibo's ROB sorta wrecked me too. I definitely need more tourney experience in general.

Roller

Smash Legend
...You didn't get 3 stocked your first time fighting ICs as pika? =o That's actually not bad at all. Learning the matchup takes a lot of getting *****. Learning it the hard way is really the only way. Theorycrafting only gets you so far. I'll be in NJ for the spring/summer in just under 2 weeks though. I'm sure we'll run into eachother at some point. I'll help you out a bit.

Also, any chance you have a car? lol, I am still trying to find out how I'm getting to tourneys in NJ.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That was also my first tourney as Pikachu, so I currently have no match-up experience against anyone. There was no way I was going to beat Ch33s3's IC when that was literally my first time ever fighting an IC (I barely got out of that without being 3 stocked), and Chibo's ROB sorta wrecked me too.
Chibo has Pika experience. :c Did he go ROB both games, or did he go MK at all?

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
...You didn't get 3 stocked your first time fighting ICs as pika? =o That's actually not bad at all. Learning the matchup takes a lot of getting *****. Learning it the hard way is really the only way. Theorycrafting only gets you so far. I'll be in NJ for the spring/summer in just under 2 weeks though. I'm sure we'll run into eachother at some point. I'll help you out a bit.

Also, any chance you have a car? lol, I am still trying to find out how I'm getting to tourneys in NJ.
Yeah, I don't really know what happened. After he killed me once I was able to come back and gimp Nana somehow, but unfortunately he didn't let me do it again. Then he went MK and 2 stocked me.

And yes, I do have a car. Depending on where you're at and where I'm going, I'd probably be able to take you to a tourney or two. And any help would be very much appreciated, my biggest problem is the fact that I'm too much of a pansy to ask people to do friendlies when I'm at a tourney.

Chibo has Pika experience. :c Did he go ROB both games, or did he go MK at all?
He went ROB both games. He 3 stocked me the first game, which was partly due to my c-stick not working for the duration of the match, but then I brought him down to 1 stock in the second match. I'm glad he didn't go MK, ROB's more fun to fight and I'm no good against MKs.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I JV 4 stocked Ally's MK with ICs in a match :D

But yeah, I almost beat his MK (A lot of trips during CGs, including the set winner), and I 3-1d his Wario with it.

Top Bottom