• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Results (UPDATED!: 4/24/11)

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Good job winning, Syko!

Who had the team name "My Little Brony: Friendship is Downsmash?" I approve, lol.
Nyke and Croi. They use Wario and Ike.

Good **** Syko! Come to Genesis!!!
That's just too far. I'm looking for an Ontario tournament this summer, idk what one. But that's gonna be as far as I go, unless some locals have a van-full of people going to a large east coast tourney.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Edit: (most important so its first) WTF at roller. Why such a *****/****? I didn't see you say **** to any other pika about who they out placed.

Pwneroni beat tearbear at bio 4 if that means anything lol.

and before anyone says "it was just his kirby" It was both his kirby and his mk.

Heres how it went down.

Pwneroni gets 2 stocked first match.

Scout says "If you beat pwneroni I'll give you a bj"

Pwneroni goes all "challenge accepted guy"

Beats tearbears kirby, and then his mk.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Roxx presents Aperture Science monthlies 2 or something like that
9/17 singles
lost to Hadesblade(yoshi)0-2
defeated hop3less(olimar)2-0
lost to smash64(ness)1-2

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
in the process of updating. arikies old tourneys are put in, figuring points and such for the current seasons tourneys

all updated. wow that was a large update LOL still mad that my tourney never happend D:<

T0MMY

Smash Master
Edit: (most important so its first) WTF at roller. Why such a *****/****? I didn't see you say **** to any other pika about who they out placed.
Haters gonna hate, right?

Sure, it was no national, but a local =/= mean bad players, there are a lot of good players that don't travel a much as I do.

Here's some info about the players there, if anyone is interested:
Players like Pwneroni have some impressive matches with good players, wins against Tearbear and more recently, Nerd are not the end all of his career, he has done well against nearly everyone he's played against, top players included. He's been said to be best Wario on the west coast.

ThrillaGorilla was named second best Diddy Kong over here by Felix himself. I know for sure in the PacNW, but it could have been 2nd best on the entire west coast.

Probably nobody remembers K-Dash because he was an '08 player, but he was a high ranked player, played multiple characters beyond their current metagame (he discovered Peach's "booty lock" as well as other techs). He quit playing in '09 and has been absent for about 2 years, to come back and beat so many experienced players without playing the game at all shows how impressive of a player he is.

Although the amount of players was small (three carpools did not show), ALL the players at this tournament consistently play with top competitors on a monthly basis -- these are the guys who are playing with Jem, Felix, Nerd, Eggz, Bladewise, etc., as well as consistently playing with me.

After seeing the results I only have a "congrats!" for Brick, as well as Thrilla, K-Dash, and Jonix for a dedication towards the game and this shows how much they have improved in such a short time.
Also, congrats to all the other Pikas for their placing/victories. I know Pikachu is a great character, you guys are doing great repping him!

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Rizk is baaaad lol.

on a side note I just beat viviff t great's wolf with dk through planking. He's quitting brawl apparently. Was a 10$ mm.

Metatitan

Smash Master
And then you woke up<3

Whatever, it's your choice. Just try to be a lot more respectful towards community members. I don't post here often enough to consider myself a part of the pikachu board community, but I'm at least respectful when I post here.

PZ

Smash Lord

Whatever, it's your choice. Just try to be a lot more respectful towards community members. I don't post here often enough to consider myself a part of the pikachu board community, but I'm at least respectful when I post here.
Hmm am I part of the pikachu board community...? :urg:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys are dumb, Pikachu has a huge advantage over fox...grab death and D-smash beats all of his approaches. Sure he can camp you, but phantasm isn't safe like Falco's and is much more punishable. C'mon guys...

PZ

Smash Lord
You guys are dumb, Pikachu has a huge advantage over fox...grab death and D-smash beats all of his approaches. Sure he can camp you, but phantasm isn't safe like Falco's and is much more punishable. C'mon guys...
Online fox and offline fox are a huge difference so I have no say in the matter but all I can say is have you even face any pro foxes yourself?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
esam is good enough to beat any fox so the point really is moot. i also know i can only because i have played zeton and know the matchup fairly well, but it is a lot harder then most people give it credit for

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Will all of you guy leave Prime the hell alone. It's a bad MU, theres no discussion needed here.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ayo guys, Prime choked. It happens. He is still better than all of you except maybe Pikapika. Give him credit because without he and I, a lot of new stuff wouldn't exist (Like uair footstool, fleedle deedle, and just a bunch of basic things). Respect somebody who is the most respectable person in the Pikachu Community, which is Prime. I'm a ****, but Prime is always humble and quiet and yet he helps more than everybody else put together.

Get off of his **** and wish you were as good as him

<3 Fluttershy

PZ

Smash Lord
Ayo guys, Prime choked. It happens. He is still better than all of you except maybe Pikapika. Give him credit because without he and I, a lot of new stuff wouldn't exist (Like uair footstool, fleedle deedle, and just a bunch of basic things). Respect somebody who is the most respectable person in the Pikachu Community, which is Prime. I'm a ****, but Prime is always humble and quiet and yet he helps more than everybody else put together.

Get off of his **** and wish you were as good as him

<3 Fluttershy
The rarity of a fox vs pika is quite rare.:glare:

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I definitely believe pika has a huge advantage on the fox player if he can do 2 things.

A. get the grab.
B. Kill him after the grab.

IMO killing the fox is hardest part, you have to approach him, and you have to read him to get the kill. Esam is obviously good at this, so fox isn't hard for him. But for pikas who don't play good fox players a lot, it gets harder.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DEATH IS GUARANTEED GUYS!!!! YOU CAN BUFFER A DASH FOOTSTOL TO QAL TO JAB LOCK (to refresh) to F-smash.

Top Bottom