• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
press Z within the last 10 frames of dthrow's animation AND LET GO OF Z BEFORE it's finished, other you'll get a shield.

z-stick is good eye practice with it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
quick question:i mained pikchu for a few months and i liked it but i had problems KOing..
quick answer help :D?
In addition to what everyone else has said, you can also look at the Generating A Win guide (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225527) and search for "GTKO".

That'll take you straight to the Getting the Kill section, where Stealth detailed how to get kills with Pikachu at various percentages.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
w00t...also i dont main pikachu sextornado so i will just be honest about the dthrow

press z again right when the animation is done for the dthrow

meaning like right when pikapikachu is standing straight up again =]

this took me and sethlon approx. 3 grabs to master

also jiggs vs diddy is so much fun to fair them at like 30 off the stage at get a gimp <3<3<3

wolfs laser is amazing

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
it is something we dont know exactly why it happens, but its the basis for the thunair and thungrab. it also only happens at the tip of the bolt and platforms make it happen more often. other then that we dont know exactly what causes it. i talk about it a little bit in the guide.

gallax

Smash Hero
one of my favorite ways to kill and most effective is landing BEHIND my opponent with a fair>utilt>THUNDER!!!! if the utilt send them way off i have finally gotten used to qac>thunder kills. hells yeah. same with usmash>thunder. i just love thunder. i can sometimes get an utilt>thunder kill at like 85% sometimes on lighter chars like gaw. so good. although this method is not good when fighting a ROB. when killing ROB i recommend fsmash or usmash. and this advice comes from anther about ROB since i just asked hima bout it. lol. nair is ok but his nair>>>>>>>>ours.

fsmash is a good way to kill to. charge it up when your opponent is recovering near the ledge and sometimes it will hit and kill them

for more thunder kills i recommend talking to stealth.

i also love using the nair for killing when my opponent has gotten used to my fair. jumping out of shield(ooS) into a nair is a great surpirse hit. somtimes i just run at them then SH and nair.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nair OOS is amazing.... granted, I've been getting a little too happy/predictable with it lately since I finally started using it and realizing how good it is.... but if you surprise your opponent with it, it's a great way to kill. (It also makes people go "wtf?!" because it's so fast.)

Just make sure you're closer to the edge of the stage unless they're at a crazy high percentage. Also, since most people tend to use nair a lot during the match, a few grab pummels beforehand will guarantee that it's not too stale.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Nair OoS ***** so bad. its like GET OFF ME and they go flying. If the dont die just proceed to edgeguard.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Nair i think is my favorite attack with pikachu. Its so fast (4 frames), has pretty good knockback, and its so much fun to use. I love hitting people after baiting an airdodge. Its fun.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I'm still having trouble performing the QAC in matches. I know it's really simple but I always screw up. Is there any effective way of training to perform the QAC in success during matches?

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
I recently started skimming over the compilation of the stages we've gone over thus far, and as I read through I noticed something in common with a lot of the stages: Pikachu is at a disadvantage against Snake on most of them. My biggest brawl rival in our community right now mains snake, and recently I just haven't been winning many of the matches against him. When I noticed that most of the stages we play on, he is said to have slight advantage, I started thinking that perhaps this was a factor.

In short, i was wondering what a few good counter pick stages against a snake player are? Or, at the least, some stages where the match is nice and even?

Mew.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
In short, i was wondering what a few good counter pick stages against a snake player are? Or, at the least, some stages where the match is nice and even?
I usually just take him to FD or Smashville. They limit his recovery in particular and make it very easy to edgeguard him, especially with thunder. They also give you more CG options.

If you want a true CP, Rainbow Cruise is a always good pick against Snake. His amazing stage control isn't so amazing on RC because of all the scrolling/platforms, and the close blastlines mean he doesn't live as long as usual. Granted, this also means Pika can die earlier if you're not careful, so beware utilt at the top and ftilt near the sides. In general, though, Pika can maneuver around the stage much better than Snake can.

Jungle Japes is another good CP. His utilt doesn't kill at stupid low percentages because of the high ceiling, and although Pika has a similar problem (i.e., thunder kills become rare), we gain the ability to gimp him in the water. Snake in the water on Japes usually = a dead Snake. The sides are close as well, so if you save your fsmash and nair, you can kill him that way.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nair i think is my favorite attack with pikachu. Its so fast (4 frames), has pretty good knockback, and its so much fun to use. I love hitting people after baiting an airdodge. Its fun.

I'm pretty sure nair is 3 frames :) its a great move

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Practice on Rainbow Cruise and take him there. Jungle Japes is a little unpredictable for my taste, especially with that crocodile ready to kill you. Besides, on Japes, Snake can still camp.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Jungle Japes is a little unpredictable for my taste, especially with that crocodile ready to kill you. Besides, on Japes, Snake can still camp.
The Klap Trap comes on a timer. It's not random. Just make sure you don't get knocked into the water at those times.

As for camping, I usually don't have a problem out-camping Snake.... but Japes isn't even legal here, so I haven't seriously fought a Snake on Japes in a while. I don't think it would be a huge problem, though.

King~

Smash Champion
oh god snake camps so hard japes

um let me think.....

Delfino
-offers opprotunities to gimp(can also save occasionally:/)
-constantly moving
-good stage to fight a character a mid range i find
-gay blast zones(so yes this works both ways)
-wataa(while u yourself dont wanna get caught here, if u get him in the water free damage
-dosent allow "hard" camping(and i think pika could camp better on this stage)

umm ill say if ur good at close range try BF, the idea would be that if u can damage him and keep grenades close to him for that added dmage(on him, u still gotta shield and all that good stuff) this could work.

ummm frigate maybe, forces midrange combat. but i saw hunger do some clever geometry on the second part with grenades(but this was vs an mk).

really you should play to what works for you, if u have a better long range game go long range etc...... you see what im getting at.

i would do more but im really really lazy

gallax

Smash Hero
snake sucks on brinstar, at least i do. jungle japes. rainbow cruise. norfair is aight. id say even although you have to watch out for c4's/

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Don't go to frigate. Its a decent snake stage. The fact that he can get gimped at the first part on the right isn't a big enough factor to CP him there. If the snake is good there, he will do better on it than you.

gallax

Smash Hero
actually i agree with with esam here. even if snake is not good on this stage, do not pick it. FO is a good stage for snake.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
the explosives are hidden. You WILL forget where the C4 is, and you will have a hard time tracking anything...its just a pain.

PikachuXD

Smash Rookie
What's a good CP against Olimar? I always struggle against him. I've been through some of the stage discussions and I haven't really found a great stage to CP against Olimar that I'm also good with.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Rainbow cruise is good. He can't latch on except on the boat part...and you can gimp him pretty easy i would think.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I have to agree with Rainbow Cruise. Also, just a thought, Delfino? The water will kill most of his Pikmin.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If that's the case than pirate ship...it has more water and its permanent. People can avoid being hit in the water on delfino pretty easily.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
That's true. I'm trying to think of a place where Olimar would have trouble camping. Pokemon Stadium 1 is always a good choice for Pikachu, but I really don't know how Oli would fare there.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Really? I talked to a high ranking oli in my state, and he said olimar is terrible at Frigate. He also said Jungle Japes was bad.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
jungle japes is bad, but the 2 good local olis we have here agree that frigate can be a good stage for oli. then again both of them have dedicated themselves to learning the bad levels lol. one of them thrives on RC lol

K 2

Smash Lord
I know Fino the Olimar CP's Rainbow Cruise. Mindgames.

I think Olimar does pretty well on Frigate. I use olimar as a secondary and I don't have much trouble with the edge. I just avoid it and camp on the other side.

K 2

Smash Lord
I've never played an aggro oli. All the ones I play (wifi....) are super gay campy. I guess an aggro oli can completely catch someone off guard if they are accustomed to playing campy oli's.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
aggro oli campy oli yay!!

I need some advice vs rob, I am learning snake as a 2ndary to better counter pikas counters, but rob wasn't really listed, and I refuse to play mk anymore, so I'll go look at the char matchups, but any general advice vs rob would be good too...

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hi pikas! I decided to second pika instead of marth to deal with annoying TL matchups like DDD and kirby. I was thinking what are good stages for pika...what are his best approach options. And his best momentum cancel aerial. Thank u.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hi pikas! I decided to second pika instead of marth to deal with annoying TL matchups like DDD and kirby. I was thinking what are good stages for pika...what are his best approach options. And his best momentum cancel aerial. Thank u.
What he said.

In particular, search for "APRH" (for approaches), "DIMC" (for momentum canceling), and "PFQS" (for the FAQ, where there's a question about his good vs. bad stages).

Also, for stages, take a look at K 2's Stage Discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211090

We haven't completed every stage, but we're done all of the neutrals and a good chunk of the more common CPs.

Veng

Smash Ace
Really? Frigate is good for Oli? I would assume that the edge would destroy him, although I guess its not to hard to avoid that.

Top Bottom