• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu as a viable tournament character.

S0FT

Smash Ace
For all of those people that thought Pichu wasn't a viable tournament character, he isn't. But I did just beat PB&Js ice climbers with Pichu and it was pretty sweet.

Varist

Smash Lord
so i heard s0ft beat pb&j's 2 ice climbers with only one of his pichus.

just kinda heard about it.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Icies mains have already closed the other threads.

Where are the Pichu mains closing this thread?

Yet another example of Icies owning Pichu.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
At full power, Nair is frame safe. So as long as you never hit them with it, you can spam it all you want and their can't shield-punish it.

soju

SD God
I'd honestly rather go pichu vs IC's then pika due to pichu being more "safe" with stuff though :/
Anyways, Lies no one wins tournament matches with Pichu unless your KoreanDJ D: It's just not supposed to happen.

Hax

Smash Champion
wobbles doesn't want word of this secretly terrible matchup for IC's to spread

S0FT

Smash Ace
Just beat my friend "redfox" 's fox and falco and captain falcon. Better watch out Im coming for the world next.

Ill make a long post with my Pichu's bio after I get some sleep. But he wears the goggles and his name is lil Andy.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Can't wait to see that long Pichu post.

Please explain how you handled the IC matchup. Im going to pick up Pichu in case i ever run into Fly or Wobbles

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
100-0 means a matchup is virtually unwinnable. You can still win a 100-0 matchup by being a better player, its just hard as hell.

Unless you are Lil Andy.

Max?

Smash Champion
S0FT, please teach me how to use Pichu. Doc is just not cutting it anymore, especially not vs. the Ice Climbers. I just dont know what to do anymore, and Pichu might be the only way out.

ENLIGHTEN ME

Beat!

Smash Master
100-0 means a matchup is virtually unwinnable. You can still win a 100-0 matchup by being a better player, its just hard as hell.

Unless you are Lil Andy.
100-0 means unwinnable, not virtually unwinnable. People can assign whatever values they want to all the other matchup numbers, but 100 vs 0 speaks for itself.

100-0 basically means that if the player knows how to use basic advanced techs, he/she will beat the best players in the world pretty much every time.

To my understanding, Akuma in that Street Fighter version (whichever one it was) is an example of a character with 100-0 matchups, because any mediocre player could use him and beat even the top pros.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Threads specifically about other players, particularly ones trying to actively taunt and disrespect them.

ICs board has a match-up thread, and you can talk about Pichu there all you want.

I wholeheartedly welcome all attempts to use Pichu on me in tournament.

S0FT

Smash Ace
Lil Andy was just an innocent kid going about his day when these two thugs from the mountains beat him up with sledgehammers. They thought they had killed him and they almost had, but he was nursed back to health by a Grandmaster who's Lightening Kung Foo was very strong. The Grandmaster knew Lil Andy was to weak to become a part of the world again, so he took him to the desert where he trained Lil Andy for 300 years.

Lil Andy returned to his village and found it in utter chaos. The two thugs from before had taken over and were using threats of violence to force villagers to work for them. The conditions where terrible and at this rate many villagers would end up starving to death. Lil Andy was appalled at what his village had become and knew he must find the two thugs responsible for this.

After asking around, Lil Andy discovered the thugs would most likely be in the Ice Factory. It was really cold, but Lil Andy wanted to beat them on their own turf. He walked in on them eating PB&J sandwiches, which they quickly put down once they saw him.

"Whaaa!?! You were dead!"

TBC

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Posting in epic thread.

At full power, Nair is frame safe. So as long as you never hit them with it, you can spam it all you want and their can't shield-punish it.
This post is amazing.

To my understanding, Akuma in that Street Fighter version (whichever one it was) is an example of a character with 100-0 matchups, because any mediocre player could use him and beat even the top pros.
Akuma is definitely beatable if you are only mediocre. He is very safe, but not impenetrable.

A better example of 100:0 would be Master Hand's match-ups, you can sit on the top platform of virtually any stage and very few of his attacks can hit you. So you can just attack him at the start of the game and camp for the rest of it.

soju

SD God
Lil Andy was just an innocent kid going about his day when these two thugs from the mountains beat him up with sledgehammers. They thought they had killed him and they almost had, but he was nursed back to health by a Grandmaster who's Lightening Kung Foo was very strong. The Grandmaster knew Lil Andy was to weak to become a part of the world again, so he took him to the desert where he trained Lil Andy for 300 years.

TBC
Good Lord, all those years of training and no evolving, Lil Andy must be one very unhappy Pichu.

And Sweet Jesus my 1000th post, I have now evolved into a true lord of Smash. . . Boards :<

S0FT

Smash Ace
Alright soju:
#1: I just drank some seju
#2: I am wearing an angry birds shirt right now
#3: Lil Andy's Grandmaster died right before he could teach Lil Andy how to evolve.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
wait, soft, i was running from the police, and i heard that your pichu beat pb&j's ice climbers. can you give me some more info?

PB&J

Smash Hero
Lil Andy is coming up on the tier list,i guess those 300 years of training really paid off. Next big tourny im teaming with Lil Andy and oh what a sight its going to be

S0FT

Smash Ace
Lil Andy had some videos recorded last GA tournament and as soon as they are online I will post links. Pretty good stuff, he was asleep while he was fighting though, so it obviously won't be his true potential. Although, of course he won both battles he fought.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol. Lil' Andy is like my Pichu if I were better at this game :3
anyway, you should tilt more. specifically dtilt. I love dtilt.
Also, tilts are great gimp moves on spacies. Fsmash, while it is rewarding, isn't very safe if they learn to SDI out of it, so its good to ftilt or dtilt instead every once in awhile. Ftilt is amazing.

You want to grab a lot more. Upthrow and Dthrow are very nice (and Bthrow, of course, but I think you figured that out by now)
grabs will help you a lot on FD. You don't have to chaingrab to death, but its nice for getting percent on them.
You can also juggle the hell out of them with uair.

Don't dash attack like ever... move sucks.

You really like jolt->fair. Its good if they are below the stage, but if they are kinda midlevel, jolt->nair instead. It always kills.

anyway, nice Pichu, Lil' Andy is quite the pimp ^^

man... I wanna go practice and make my Pichu decent again...

Top Bottom