• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

Captain L

Smash Champion
Basically what you're saying is

if, friendship = magic

then, no friendship = no magic

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Question for the populace: will anybody be able to bring power bars/extension cords for the tournament? We will most likely need more than what the venue has to supply all of our setups. I have one power bar I can bring, but I'd like to have at least 2 of each to be on the safe side. However, I'd rather not have to rely on your equipment if you're showing up late/leaving early.

:005:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I can bring two powerbars, maybe even three.

Put me down for two though.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I can bring a **** ton of power bars and extension cords.

Will there be internet I can use at the venue? I would love to stream it.

If there's no internet, I can just set up my laptop on one of the TV's and record.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah i'd love to hop on commentary at some point or another

Asa

Smash Hero
grape.. we always have a mic

landon is probably gonna be in charge of the stream

@ arcansi: since the number of ppl for the event is still unknown, it's hard to say really. gotta just play it by ear, but imo you shouldn't enter it, just get the cards and dip

Arcansi

Smash Champion
ASA: There's no reason for me to get the cards. It wouldn't be worth the entry fee at all, because I don't play where I live, because everyone is casual.

ALSO: I can(probably) confirm a Wii if needed. I would prefer not to bring one, but if needed I can bring one. (Although, mine did error once a while ago, is there any way to check the specifics on why?)

Frio

Smash Champion
lollloll posted this in the wrong thread. Here we go:

YO ALBERTA CARPOOL! Do you guys wanna hang out in BC for awhile? WE could maybe go split a hotel room or something? Pretty much up to Keith. And Keith we need to get our tickets to Japan.

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
This is a thing I would only do for my friends. And you are not one of them.
THIS IS WHY YOU'RE MY FAVORITE! :awesome:

YO ALBERTA CARPOOL! Do you guys wanna hang out in BC for awhile? WE could maybe go split a hotel room or something? Pretty much up to Keith. And Keith we need to get our tickets to Japan.
sounds like a plan, bring mario party and liquor and Im totally in :smirk:

Yo, whoever does the stream. Set up a mic for commentary. plz + thx
Im willing to lend my 300 dollar Yeti mic if I go.. and no one looses it, I could do a set up as well (doubt there would be room) also not sure if the second carpool is a go

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Is it confirmed I can go to the Magic event happening at the same time?
Based on what Bundt said, it seems like there just won't be enough time to do both. You could try it I suppose, but the events are run independently and you'd risk being DQed from either one (or both).

That would be pretty cool. My schedule before and after the tournament is open (aside from set-up the night before), so I'll come hang out with you guys if you want to stay longer.

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
i thoguht that post was a bit off in the impulse thread.. lol

and @ arcansi: don't enter then.

and bring your setup plz

Metà

Smash Master
Whoa, the attendance list for this is huge. I'll most likely come, but not enter Brawl. I just wanna play 64 against Superboom and others.

If it's not too much to ask, could we get a 64 side tournament? I'd be willing to help run it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'd play Melee with you! I'm terrible but would like to learn how to play eventually :p

Metà

Smash Master
also, for the Alberta people considering staying longer, I will (most likely) be having my Melee tournament the weekend after, if you'd like to stay for another week and go to that.

I'd play Melee with you! I'm terrible but would like to learn how to play eventually :p
awesome! if you're interested in learning Melee, you should come to our smashfests. We usually have them on thursdays, at the same venue as this tournament. sometimes they happen on weekends though

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I wish I could join but I'm pretty much only free on Fridays these days, and maybe Wednesday. I met a few of you guys before as well :)

Captain L

Smash Champion
today I finally got melee so now I can actually learn the game!

also I don't need to have anything to do with the stream since my streams are always garb quality anyways. If someone else wants to run it, please feel free to :)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
LOL

shoutouts to Rafiki increasing attendance

Metà

Smash Master
hey how about this

i'll money match anyone in brawl. if they win, $5 from me. if they lose, they don't have to pay me, but have to enter a melee event, but with a discounted price. (side events don't count)

it's like free money, i suck at brawl

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

How much longer would we be staying? A day?
I'd be down, but we'd need to figure out when we'd be getting back exactly so I can figure out if I need to book an extra day off work or not.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
hey how about this

i'll money match anyone in brawl. if they win, $5 from me. if they lose, they don't have to pay me, but have to enter a melee event, but with a discounted price. (side events don't count)

it's like free money, i suck at brawl
Let's MM. I think I'd rather lose than win :p

Top Bottom