• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

SKidd

Smash Master
Also to everyone I'm MMing, if I win I get a hug <3
And if you're Asa I get a hug anyway <3

double post
swag

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Double post! Updated the attendance list. We currently have 32 people confirmed and 13 unconfirmed by my count. 21 of the 45 people on the list are from outside of BC. Elimination pools are looking necessary at this point.

hype~

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I just added the rest of AB that has travel plans but did not previously express interest in this thread (3-4), as well as the tentative US carpools (+7) and a few BC players who weren't on the list before.

@ Crisis: Pools are not going to be easy, but I could see you making it out if you're playing well! Can I put you as confirmed now, or are you still iffy on whether or not you're going to be able to make it?

I want a lot of smashfests too. :x Hopefully we can work some stuff out.

Captain L

Smash Champion
in the event of 45 players...

8 pools, 3 with 5 and 5 with 6
top 3 or 4 move on from each pool depending on time.

Would that be about right?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well damn.

See y'all in amateur bracket.

:phone:
We will try, but I can't guarantee we'll have time to run an amateur bracket. =[

in the event of 45 players...

8 pools, 3 with 5 and 5 with 6
top 3 or 4 move on from each pool depending on time.

Would that be about right?
More or less, yeah. 8 pools is basically set in stone, and it'll probably be top 3 unless attendance gets stupid high. :x

Asa

Smash Hero
junk, did you talk to nerd/busy? and would you and filip be teaming if deathnote came?

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's alright. I was only joking: I'll fly out of pools with top seed obvs.

Requesting initiative for a smashfest on a weekend before the tourney, though. :)

:phone:

Asa

Smash Hero
we could probably have a smashfest at cheeszeman's, or landon's potentially? idk

bundtcake

Smash Ace
if we're doing elimination pools can we confirm that we'd do an amateur bracket as well? o:

also my roommates might be out camping the weekend of the tournament, which would mean way more housing space at my place O:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
if we're doing elimination pools can we confirm that we'd do an amateur bracket as well? o:

also my roommates might be out camping the weekend of the tournament, which would mean way more housing space at my place O:
Oh btw, I call couch/random bed/the best place to sleep that everyone will want :awesome:

I'm flying down so I guess I'm staying at your place?

ok just find me in tournament :)

that's for anyone that wants to mm me as well

ddd
mk
snake
wario
i don't play low tiers so i'd get destroyed in random or low tier mm

sry for double post
k sounds good. I'll face any character, I'm not hugely picky lol

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So I've been playing around with some mock-up pools to try and get a handle on how the seeding is going to work. I'm not gonna post any of them to avoid confusion (none of them are final by any means), but pools are going to be incredibly hype. I was excited for doubles before, but singles is going to be amazing in it's own right. ^.^

Captain L

Smash Champion
hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*learns buffering QAL shenanigans

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
oh god

That would make this complete!

Edit: 9th would be much better this time than it was last time. I'd be impressed if he came and got 9th actually, given that he hasn't been to a tournament in a year. XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well idk, they wouldn't be legit because we don't know who will enter till the day of. But sure just for fun (only the confirmed people).

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Is my pool tough, Jakey Jake? Can I make it out?
They're all tough. :x You could make it out, but you'd have to put in some serious work and pull out at least 1 upset.

Well idk, they wouldn't be legit because we don't know who will enter till the day of. But sure just for fun (only the confirmed people).
I included both confirmed and unconfirmed names. =p

I ran a mock-up bracket as well (I've got lots of time on my hands right now XD) and I'd personally be pleased just to crack the top 8. And I have a habit of putting really high expectations on myself. ;)

Top Bottom