• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Knight will protect her from now on ^^

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Is

This image has me very confused on the status of the Phantom Knight. As you can see in this screenshot, Zelda is making the same exact pose as the one with Phantom Knight, just from a different angle. But here, there's no Phantom Knight to be seen, or any indication if it appearing in front of her.
Maybe it's an Assist Trophy, maybe it's not. But this is just mind****ery at its best.
Is peach touching link balls? Why is Zelda so angry???

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
"Look guys irrefutable truth that Toad is removed from peach's moveset, peach now just throws pikmin at her foes. . . this can only mean one thing. . .Toad confirmed"
-this threads logic

pitthekit

Smash Ace
"Look guys irrefutable truth that Toad is removed from peach's moveset, peach now just throws pikmin at her foes. . . this can only mean one thing. . .Toad confirmed"
-this threads logic
Omg peach is using pikmin maybe my cgi toad is confirmed yippi thx sakurai

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
-this threads logic
Who are you targeting with that comment, the ones who think phantom is an attack or the ones who think it confirms Impa?

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Who are you targeting with that comment, the ones who think phantom is an attack or the ones who think it confirms Impa?
the people who think it deconfirms Sheik and replaces her with Impa

i honestly dont think it is a new move though Phanton Knight is to big and heavy unlike Peach's toad which can fit in her. . .er . ."down B"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
-this threads logic
Funny. Except:

And the fact Olimar was already announced. :rolleyes:

Go and troll someone at Gamefags or 4chan or something. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please refer to me wherever you saw a Phantom Knight before on the website?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
There's WiiFit written on it, obviously not related to Wii Fit trainer.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Because Phantom Zelda is the first playable zelda in a zelda game, And Toon Zelda is still Zelda.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai has said that he wants one child Link and had Toon Link been in because you can't mix, he would probably have unique moves. The idea that you can't mix don't have proof.

I'm still gonna have to say no. Zelda's Adventure was the first game she was playable in.

Something you need to understand is she's performing a taunt. Saying Toon Zelda is still Zelda is irrelevant. That's like giving Link the Wind Waker. It makes no sense because Toon Link is the wielder of the Wind Waker.

Am I making myself clear?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Her hand is at a different position in both the one WITH the knight, and the one without.

I think Sakurai's mind****ing, but I don't think it's because the knight is an AT.

Sure would be nice if we got some clearance tonight.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm still gonna have to say no. Zelda's Adventure was the first game she was playable in.

Something you need to understand is she's performing a taunt. Saying Toon Zelda is still Zelda is irrelevant. That's like giving Link the Wind Waker. It makes no sense because Toon Link is the wielder of the Wind Waker.

Am I making myself clear?
Hadn't we had Toon Link I wouldn't seen any problem normal Link having the Wind Waker. We don't have a Toon Zelda.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I could see Sakurai leaving it hanging for at least a week, oblivious to the fact that having a website unlike Brawl's text-filled Dojo, where every picture had some sort of comment to go with it, has caused an explosion of debate and scandal overseas.

That being said, me thinks Luigi's Nose will stall any closure until next week.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hadn't we had Toon Link I wouldn't seen any problem normal Link having the Wind Waker. We don't have a Toon Zelda.
That's your opinion, though. Your first sentence I mean. My point still stands valid. Zelda characters are the only ones with different reincarnations. Its been represented in EVERY smash game that Zelda characters WHEN FIRST INTRODUCED have an appearance and moveset that reflects a distinct Zelda title.

In Smash 4 they are still basing off the realisitic look.

Ganondorfs moveset changed because he was a clone character. But Sheik is another SMASH veteran that is a representative for that game.

To me, its the same as Peach being in again. She's just a veteran for Smash now, so is Sheik.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am pretty sure that it is an assist trophy. If it was a legit part of her move, it would be graphically styled to fit her with TP graphics and not the 3DS Spirit Tracks graphics.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Diddly is really smart the 3 goddess spells of teenagers are naruy's love farore wind and dins fire

In smash Zelda's up b is farore wind her neutral special is naruy's love and her side special is dins fire. These 3 spells are so influenced from Zelda that they are most likely staying in Zelda's move set.

So naturally a summon like this knight COULD be her down b. but the knight is not going to be a side b cuz it would replace the goddess spell. And let's hope this is a new special because news flash Zelda sucks in smash games so I am buying diddly kings propaganda machine.

Although Zelda is very hard to play and props to the losers who main her... I mean winners!

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Wowzers... everyone's so sure of themselves. Angrily sure. There's no solid evidence in any direction, so why don't we all "speculate" instead of "insist." I personally think the Knight is an AT or some such and Zelda is just doing her waving taunt (while her jealous face is probably Din's Fire.) However, I concede that it's possible there's something up with her moveset. I'm rather suspicious of the fact that (with the possible exception of the Knight) we don't see Zelda landing any attacks. Perhaps it's as simple as Zelda's moves are still in development?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
But you are not, instead you don't ever bother reading the arguements. :rolleyes:
pls no postarino like this

ANYWAY

This entire thread is speculation, I would be ok with Summon: Phantom replacing her Din's Fire (and other Summons replacing her Up B and Neutral B maybe?) or Shiek being a separate character entirely and it replacing her down b.

Let's wait until todays picture of the day!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Wowzers... everyone's so sure of themselves. Angrily sure. There's no solid evidence in any direction, so why don't we all "speculate" instead of "insist." I personally think the Knight is an AT or some such and Zelda is just doing her waving taunt (while her jealous face is probably Din's Fire.) However, I concede that it's possible there's something up with her moveset. I'm rather suspicious of the fact that (with the possible exception of the Knight) we don't see Zelda landing any attacks. Perhaps it's as simple as Zelda's moves are still in development?

I'd be shocked if she's performing the waving taunt. The position of her hand doesn't match up, and her angered facial expression would be completely at odds with the cheery nature of the wave in Brawl.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'd be shocked if she's performing the waving taunt. The position of her hand doesn't match up, and her angered facial expression would be completely at odds with the cheery nature of the wave in Brawl.
Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that the screen with the knight is her wave, and the picture with Link and Peach is Din's Fire. Thus, I believe they're two separate moves instead of the same one as many speculate. The faces are different, as are the hand shapes and body positions. I could easily be wrong, but that's how I see it for now.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
She's quite angry in both screenshots, though. Doesn't track.

I'd also agree with the evidence posted earlier that her JoJo pose will likely be Din's Fire, as it was in previous games.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that the screen with the knight is her wave, and the picture with Link and Peach is Din's Fire. Thus, I believe they're two separate moves instead of the same one as many speculate. The faces are different, as are the hand shapes and body positions. I could easily be wrong, but that's how I see it for now.
I thought you were saying that Peach was Din's Fire for a second there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This thread has gone to hell.

There is nothing left to discuss.

Diddy Kong... :urg:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Zelda be angry cuz she was low tier in smash games now she got a vengeance for high tiers. She ain't being cheery she is hear to become the new meta knight. Beside in online brawl her din fire is a campers dream.

This thread has gone to hell.

There is nothing left to discuss.

Diddy Kong... :urg:
Diddy kong is your impa in arms I want cgi impa for old people representation.

I think you want to get banned ;)

I see your reverse psychology :p
Actually I was scared that he was gonna report me so I begged. Then again his post count is low so he prob doesn't know where the report button is lol.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You should really join in the disscusstion and not lurk and read... Creep. Lol jk don't report me plz I'll do anything.
I think you want to get banned ;)

I see your reverse psychology :p

Zelda be angry cuz she was low tier in smash games now she got a vengeance for high tiers. She ain't being cheery she is hear to become the new meta knight. Beside in online brawl her din fire is a campers dream.

Actually I was scared that he was gonna report me so I begged. Then again his post count is low so he prob doesn't know where the report button is lol.
Shots fired. Watch him report you now :p

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
look at this

It is literally the same exact pose as in the picture (albeit with a little more emotion in the Smash 4)

Top Bottom