• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Knight will protect her from now on ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Discuss her new Down B:

This gives Zelda amazing walling abilities! It makes sence to for the Knight being there, Zelda being a royal princess and all.

So far, all characters show off their special moves in their Dojo page. Zelda hasn't shown any action aside from this!

Expect major changes in Zelda's moveset cause of this!! I told you all it was weird her reveal was so late. And I guess I was right all along. Zelda's getting revamped, and the Phantom Knight is part of her moveset!

Zelda too pretty to be dressing like a man anyway ^^

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
I don't think so
She is doing the same pose or animation in the pic when link is next to peach and no phantom armor is around to be seen
So my guess is
Assist trophy toon Zelda
I mean an ai phantom knight would drastically help Zelda but I don't want to see a bunch of characters with pikmins and nanas running around

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Phantom Knight is probably a summoning move. It'll walk freely with it's own AI after it being summoned I'm guessing. Zelda is taunting in that attack most likely. But it seems she can do anything after calling the Phantom. Or it'll work similary to Rosalina's Lumas. I say it'll drastically improve her style! Moreso than Sheik ever did.

Also note how all other characters aside from Zelda attack in their Dojo page. And only Luigi doesn't show his Specials yet. It's likely that Phantom Knight is Zelda's new Down B. And not any other move, cause she can't ditch one of the 'Goddess Spells' and keep the others. It's the TRIforce for a reason you see.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
While it certainly leans more towards being a new move of Zelda, we have no confirmation what it could be yet.

Maybe they're completely revamping her and replacing all of her Goddess moves, you don't know. It's only been like 8 hours since she was revealed, so just calm down, I'm sure Sakurai will explain everything in the days to come.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
As observed, it seems to be an AT given that Zelda replicates the pose in another shot. What could that pose possibly connect to, though? It definitely doesn't seem like a taunt. Maybe that's her Din's Fire channeling animation and Sakurai flew it offscreen before taking the shot?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nice! Sheik can get her own slot now!:troll:
So can Ivysaur. :rolleyes: Won't happen. Sheik specifically got in as a Zelda transformation. Separate Sheik makes no sence. Impa does.

Phantom will increase Zelda's playstyle so much..! It's a move obviously cause Zelda does no other attacks. And all revealed characters thusfar use attacks in the Dojo on their picture. More specifically, Special Moves. All except for Luigi (who might get revamped Specials now to!).

Ninja got traded in for Knight. Expect this to be Zelda's Luma.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
there is no proof that this is zelda's down B, it is more likely that it is an assist trophy.
to say that Phantom Knight is a part of her move set this early is like saying mario can use soccer balls freely as a new regular B based off this picture

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So can Ivysaur. :rolleyes: Won't happen. Sheik specifically got in as a Zelda transformation. Separate Sheik makes no sence. Impa does.

Phantom will increase Zelda's playstyle so much..! It's a move obviously cause Zelda does no other attacks. And all revealed characters thusfar use attacks in the Dojo on their picture. More specifically, Special Moves. All except for Luigi (who might get revamped Specials now to!).

Ninja got traded in for Knight. Expect this to be Zelda's Luma.
Actually, I'm pretty sure we saw his fireball move and his startup for the Side B. So... a lot more than Zelda.

Still, I stand by what I said. I have a strange feeling Zelda may get revamped, but there's still a strong possibility Sheik will stay as her Down B. I mean, her and Sheik transforming into each other was what was so unique about them in the first place! (The four "obscure characters" Sakurai chose for Melee had very unique attributes around them: Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, and Mr. Game & Watch all were very unique fighters).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think by now, Phantom Knight is more unique than Sheik ever was. It'll actually HELP Zelda's playstyle significantly!! Am so happy Zelda's getting revamped. Finally she won't be overshadowed anymore, and in the meantime she's still at least as unique as Zelda / Sheik was.

Accept it, Phantom > Sheik.

No characters on the Dojo have been using items either. Why would Zelda show an AT? It's obviously a move. Sakurai hasn't revealed items / ATs or anything yet without making an update out of it. It's like saying Lumas are ATs to (which would be said if Rosalina hasn't shown any gameplay yet on videos).

Am hyped as **** for this change!

That soccerball has Wii Fit clearly written on it. Bad example :rolleyes: Plus, it was revealed before. And Mario showed his Special moves already. Cape and Fireballs.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
there is no proof that this is zelda's down B, it is more likely that it is an assist trophy.
to say that Phantom Knight is a part of her move set this early is like saying mario can use soccer balls freely as a new regular B based off this picture
That's part of WFT move and it's showing it hitting somebody, before that pic, we alreday knew WFT had that attack.
I think by now, Phantom Knight is more unique than Sheik ever was. It'll actually HELP Zelda's playstyle significantly!! Am so happy Zelda's getting revamped. Finally she won't be overshadowed anymore, and in the meantime she's still at least as unique as Zelda / Sheik was.

Accept it, Phantom > Sheik.

No characters on the Dojo have been using items either. Why would Zelda show an AT? It's obviously a move. Sakurai hasn't revealed items / ATs or anything yet without making an update out of it. It's like saying Lumas are ATs to (which would be said if Rosalina hasn't shown any gameplay yet on videos).

That soccerball has Wii Fit clearly written on it. Bad example :rolleyes: Plus, it was revealed before. And Mario showed his Special moves already. Cape and Fireballs.
I wouldn't say it outright de-confirms sheik, but the Phantom is definitely move-set changes to Zelda.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
actually we did not know WFT would be playable, because when the dojo was opened for the first time WFT wasnt revealed yet

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
nobody would think that, she is "Rosalina and Luma", Zelda is just "Zelda" not "Zelda and Phantom Knight"
Lumas are more than a summoning Special move though. Phantom will probably have it's own AI, or can be controlled dor a while but dissapears afterwards similary to ATs and Pokéball Pokémon.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Lumas are more than a summoning Special move though. Phantom will probably have it's own AI, or can be controlled dor a while but dissapears afterwards similary to ATs and Pokéball Pokémon.
So you would say similar to King Dedede's Side Special where he throws one of his minions? I could actually get behind that, but not at the expense of Sheik.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I leaning more towards quick summons like attack and disappear like how Yuna plays in Dissidia FF 012.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm very happy with Zelda possibly getting a new Down+B where she summons the Phantom Knight from Spirit Tracks to protect her.

Notice that Impa is supposed to be Zelda's protector and yet she isn't Zelda's Down+B move... Impa is likely going to be a separate character who is basically an updated Sheik... just like how Toon Link replaced Young Link.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't know about the whole Sheik/Phantom thing. I mean, I don't want Sheik gone, she is one of my favorite Smashers and Zelda characters in general. But Zelda is the focus, I guess.

If Sheik is out, I'll be upset, but I'll grudgingly accept it. Of course, they are getting rid of Zelda's unique ability introduced in Melee.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't think so
She is doing the same pose or animation in the pic when link is next to peach and no phantom armor is around to be seen
So my guess is
Assist trophy toon Zelda
I mean an ai phantom knight would drastically help Zelda but I don't want to see a bunch of characters with pikmins and nanas running around
This argument and it looks much more like Zelda's neutral B or side B than the down B
This looks like the down B to me.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
i can't imagine they're getting rid of Sheik for this. i mean, it is cool and everything, but it seems a bit drastic and unwarranted. like, Pit's many changes to his moveset makes sense, cause he got completely rejuvenated and remade recently. while Zelda was also changed in Skyward Sword, it definitely was not in this way. i feel like if they were going to change anything about Zelda, it'd be towards her Skyward Sword representation, which it's not. the same thing happened with Link. he really didn't change that much from his Brawl look other than a higher shade of colors and a different looking face. i honestly think it's an AT or something

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
It would be interesting if the phantoms summoned varied.
I played spirit tracks, and there are 4 phantoms. Regular, torch, boulder, and teleport. The one in the pic. is regular, and I imagine it just slashes and disappears.
I'd guess Torch would be like reg. but with fire.
Boulder would probably try to approach using a roll and then slash.
Teleport would approach by teleporting I guess.
Honestly I don't care whether they keep sheik or use the phantom. If we were to get impa, I would be ok with it as long as the blue team costume resembles sheik greatly. :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know about the whole Sheik/Phantom thing. I mean, I don't want Sheik gone, she is one of my favorite Smashers and Zelda characters in general. But Zelda is the focus, I guess.

If Sheik is out, I'll be upset, but I'll grudgingly accept it. Of course, they are getting rid of Zelda's unique ability introduced in Melee.
But it did not make her good. It was a terribad implementation of a stance character. Honestly, the whole transforming concept has yet to be pulled off effectively in Smash.

i can't imagine they're getting rid of Sheik for this. i mean, it is cool and everything, but it seems a bit drastic and unwarranted. like, Pit's many changes to his moveset makes sense, cause he got completely rejuvenated and remade recently. while Zelda was also changed in Skyward Sword, it definitely was not in this way. i feel like if they were going to change anything about Zelda, it'd be towards her Skyward Sword representation, which it's not. the same thing happened with Link. he really didn't change that much from his Brawl look other than a higher shade of colors and a different looking face. i honestly think it's an AT or something
You have to look at things from a gameplay standpoint. The problem with having Sheik as a part of her is that she would have too many options, but they tried to balance this out to where Sheik racks damage and Zelda kills, but this concept never worked. Making Zelda good ON HER OWN is a much needed thing for her. Make her independent, make Impa the Sheik replacement, and make Sheik an alt. for Impa and everyone wins.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
yes but, the Zelda/Sheik thing is her gimmick. despite how unused it was, it's what makes the character somewhat interesting when you look at the roster. and Sakurai doesn't really care about what kills the easiest or this competitive gameplay stuff, he's made that very clear beforehand. he just likes to make a fun game, and if that's the reason he's going to change Zelda up, then so be it. i'm not saying Zelda couldn't be changed. i'm just saying it might not be for the reasons everyone else thinks it is.

while i personally wouldn't be too upset losing Sheik to this, or losing her as a character altogether for Impa, i think that'd be a stupid approach. it's obvious we're not taking many tropes from SS other than the stage, and Zelda doesn't other. Impa isn't as relevant now in these circumstances. yes, Sheik isn't either at all, but she was in Brawl, despite everything being taken from TP. that is what was Sheik's biggest concern was in Brawl, nobody knew how'd they handle it if everything Zelda in Brawl was TP related, how would Sheik?

if Sakurai wants to separate them, he'll make it happen. if Sakurai wants to keep them together, he'll make it happen. but not because that's what ZELDA needs.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There is simply no concrete evidence of Sheik being cut/having her own slot yet. We don't even know what role the Phantom plays! If anything, there is just as much evidence that the Phantom is a new move as it isn't. Zelda makes the same pose as in that picture in a different one later down in the slides.

Secondly, we won't know about Sheik yet at all, just like Brawl. Sheik was the last veteran revealed. So to just jump to conclusions with no evidence to back it up is foolish.

Zelda needs a bodyguard? This isn't Skyward Sword Zelda. Zelda can transform into Sheik to defend herself.

I find it highly unlikely that Sakurai would spend the time, to give a Newcomer a moveset that a veteran would already have. That doesn't make any sense. That wouldn't get anybody besides like 3 people excited to play as Impa. If that is what Impa would get, then she would likely be more hated than Chrom getting in with a bland moveset.

So far, we see that Link and Zelda share a similar design. With this in mind, and the fact that this is how it was in Brawl, it hints that Ganondorf would share a similar design. So, why would a Skyward Sword designed Impa: 1) Take Sheik's spot as bodyguard in a TP designed moveset or 2) Remove Sheik and add Impa when her design goes against the others when it comes to the general design of the Holders of the Triforce.

I could understand jumping to conclusions if Link and Zelda were VERY much based on SS. But they aren't.

Moral of the story is, that you can't make any assumptions with the information we have.

This is plain and simple jumping to a conclusion with almost no basis to do so. Hold your horses.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword Impa could be enough SS representation. It's like argueing Mario doesn't have any Galaxy focus pre Rosalina reveal.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Skyward Sword Impa could be enough SS representation. It's like argueing Mario doesn't have any Galaxy focus pre Rosalina reveal.
Yet, Mario always looks the same. Link and Zelda looks really different comparing the SSB4 and SS design.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I hope it's her new down special and not an assist trophy. Hope tomorrow's picture gives us more details. Her down special would be the only move I'd want changed though, I love her other specials and she's a unique character as it is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Discuss her new Down-B? What the ****?

And I thought the Ridley Stage Hazard thing was jumping to conclusions. Stop diluding yourself man, it could be everything right now, just from standard-b to side-b to down-b to even an AT. We'll probably learn of the Phantom's role soon enough.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Man, shut up for like a day. We'll find out the truth soon enough.

Sakurai hasn't revealed items / ATs or anything yet without making an update out of it.
Hey, remember yesterday when he showed Starfy and literally said nothing about him?

It's like saying Lumas are ATs to (which would be said if Rosalina hasn't shown any gameplay yet on videos).
I'm fairly certain we wouldn't say that, given how many picture have Luma in it too. Just one makes us skeptical.

That said, I'm not against this being a part of her moveset. I just think summoning a character for one attack seems odd, but I suppose I don't know the full ramifications of this (could-be) move. Although, if it were a change in her moveset it gives me hope that Ganondorf might not be a clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If there's a day I should shut up, it's definitely NOT today. :)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
If there's a day I should shut up, it's definitely NOT today. :)
Fair enough, but you know what I mean. You'll just feel stupid if it's revealed tomorrow to be an AT. Not ruling it out that it could be a new move, however.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
For the people saying its her grab, taunt, or jab moves.

The Jab extends farther and has a sparkle animation to it.

The grab extends BOTH arms not just one.

The taunt makes her tilt a bit slightly, and waves with a smirk, not an angry face.

This is a move, Its either Side-b or down-b. We don't know for sure.

Also why would sakurai reveal an AT after an AT yesterday if he's trying to keep the reveals going slowly? also AT's are featured on the main page, not on character pages.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Actually, Sheik as a separate slot makes as much sense as Toon Link. And that means it makes sense.
This is obviously Twilight Princess Zelda, so if Sheik comes back, she could easily be Ocarina of Time Sheik.
Not that I think that Sheik will get a separate slot YET. We have to wait and see, but it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Top Bottom