• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phanna Mint is the best Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.

shararah

Smash Cadet
How many of you have seen his videos,
on the combo video http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=84888
they say that samus undersconstuction is the best.. IMO DynaDash is better than Samus Underconstruction, and Phanna just pwns them both.

SWD combos, dsmashes, and techs i really dont think there is anyone better even Wes
if you disagree...first watch Phanna Mint II or Phanna Mint III (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYI1Ge0myxo)

your thoughts...prove me wrong

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Lol. Truly, no offense intended:

Phanna is great, technically. Mad props to him for mastering Samus' technicalites almost perfectly, if not perfectly. I live in Florida, and not once has Phanna placed decently, mark me if I'm wrong. He has never won a tourament nor has he placed high enough to get respect from the community. I'm sure he'd be amazing with experience, but he is far from the best, collectively.

shararah

Smash Cadet
ahh alright, i really didnt know i'm up in CT
but that is weird cause it did seem like he was down in a lot of matches in his combo videos

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You have to keep in mind that Combo Videos are for entertainment purposes only and can be very misleading. The fact that you enjoy his vids the most simply means that he makes the most fun vids to watch. Rather than basing judgement off combo vids, look at actual matches then compare them to real matches of Hugs, Wes, Dyna, etc. Even then you can't truely compare solely on videos however, you need to play them to truely see how someone stacks up. Of course that's pretty hard to do when you live in different states... I'll be nice when Brawl's online. :grin:

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
HahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahaHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahHahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahhaa

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol, Magus.

Yeah He plays a very soild confident Samus, he's inventive and adaptive, (I've played him so yeah XD) but the best? Not yet. Though he's beat me, I think he still may need a little more play time outside of the people he normally plays with, and also winning tourneys with sam alone is a little tough.

Also, lol, he didn't SWD on me ever I think, the slow start up on it would have earned him a nice ftilt to the face son!

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
lol, Magus.

Yeah He plays a very soild confident Samus, he's inventive and adaptive, (I've played him so yeah XD) but the best? Not yet. Though he's beat me, I think he still may need a little more play time outside of the people he normally plays with, and also winning tourneys with sam alone is a little tough.

Also, lol, he didn't SWD on me ever I think, the slow start up on it would have earned him a nice ftilt to the face son!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH good joke.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
your thoughts...
As stated, I'm obviously not the Best samus in the world. It's almost unnecessary to say, but since you asked, it was fair people answered, but I don't get why some people laugh so much, because that is either unecissarily mocking you, or me, either of which doesn't really seem appropriate or necessary.

I'm very glad you liked the video though. As Mankosuki pointed out, you should check out some of my actual matches, and even though they are friendlies, it'll give you a much better idea of how a typical match goes for me, at least how I played in the past.

I'm getting better every day, and I would confidently say I'm definitely the 2nd-best Samus in Florida, if not the best. I haven't played Esam in awhile, but he definitely beat me in our dittos from way back, when I wasn't very good at actual tournament matches, or Samus dittos. He also has more respectable tournament placings. I hope to rematch him, and have a better tournament experience, to support this.

For people who don't know, I made it out of brackets at MLG Orlando. Darkrain and I were the 2 to make it out of our pool. That has been the only tournament I've been satisfied with my game play at, for various johns I don't need to go through. I lost in the amateur brackets to KeepSpeedN, a friend and crew mate, and Kaiser, in a very close set.

<3, I normally do use SWD even in a Samus ditto matchup (though not as much since it's much more situational), but at that tournament my main controller broke (the one I have been using since I picked up Samus), and I was very uncomfortable with the new controller, especially my ability to SWD. I'm not trying to john, just explaining why my gameplay was different. If you talk to people who play me regularly, like Derf, Duckles, RockCrock, ÜberIce, or Jewzftw, they can tell you I SWD a few times every stock, depending on how I'm feeling the match playing out. Honestly Samus has harder techs, like SHFFMCing consistently, and a few others I might address if I make Phanna Phunner.

As for my videos, my purpose is to entertain others, which it seems I am doing quite well, so I am very pleased with them. I picked Samus as my main because of her opportunities to be technical. I think I have come a long way, and am probably one of the most technical Samus' in the world, though this has clearly not applied to tournament placings yet. As peachtress says, I still have a ways to go in terms of tournament experience, but I'm very confident in the future.

I feel I've come a ways already, I am much much better than I used to be, especially at my first few tournaments. I felt slighted at my last few, losing all my matches to Ganons, Derf, or an unfamiliar controller. Now I plan to use Sheik on Ganons, not have any surprise controller issues, and not have to fight Derf all the time for some reason. I look forward to future tournaments, especially after threads like this, which make me feel I have to 'prove' myself for people other than me, when I enjoy playing the game and Samus like I do.

As for people talking about me derisively (anywhere), I really don't appreciate that, especially people who have never played me. If anyone in Florida has a problem with me, I'd love to money match them, since there really isn't anyone here who scares me. Edit: except TTipman. F that :dizzy:

I am looking forward to the next MLG Atlanta and Orlando very much.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
I can just say: Phanna rulz.

"the best in ~~~" threads are unnecessary.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol@dave.

ur clearly leagues better than esam. just because samus user X beats samus user y in a samus ditto doesn't show the better samus.

i can say with 100% confidence, you're better.

as for everyone else dissing phanna, grow up. i've played both wes and phanna, they're both good in their different ways. wes has way more experience, of course he's going to do better. as far as potential goes, phanna is crazy.

Echo

Smash Champion
so, let me get this right... to my greatest ability of not trying to flame anyone here...

you see someone that keeps making combo vids pretty much showing him doing SWD the entire vid, and you think he's the best?

HugS is the king, easy. Next up could be Aniki, its always a tough call between Japan/US... but IMO i'd give it to HugS.

Everyone here in the Samus forum thinks the more flashy crap you can do, the better player you are, and you're completely wrong. Try it against a real player, you'll be punished for the mistakes you make. I find it humorous where you can watch a real Samus player (i.e. HugS) and see how he's not doing any of your SWDs, fancy bomb tricks, or anything of the sort, and is beating the top players in the US. Stop trying to be so flashy, its not going to get you anywhere.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Close this thread, this will become another "XXXX is better because he saved all African children and restored world peace" and somebody will come and argue with that: "No, he wasn't better than Ghandi, he couldn't even SWD".

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Agreed, but I think we should wait until after Magnum tells me the joke.

Watty

Smash Lord
DONT BASE OPINIONS OFF OF COMBO VIDS JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE.
Ive seen phanna play once at Orlando and he was techinical but I didnt him watch him for very long

I placed 17th at Orlando =) can i be the best samus now?

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
What I don't get is how people base their judgements on a Combo vid and then haven't even played him yet he does so bad.....

I'm with ya Phanna...

Watty

Smash Lord
new way to look at it

Hugs is the best Samus hands down if you think other wise ur an idiot.

2nd best samus and lower is up in the air but who cares there is such a diffrence between Hugs and every1 else that it doesnt matter. What we as people who main samus should be focusing on is closing the gap between Hugs and every other Samus out there

btw Apollo you dont have to play some1 to be able to tell anything Tourny results are all that matter and every1 can look at those.

Echo

Smash Champion
2nd best samus and lower is up in the air but who cares there is such a diffrence between Hugs and every1 else that it doesnt matter. What we as people who main samus should be focusing on is closing the gap between Hugs and every other Samus out there
Exactly. There are too many people that just think doing sub-par is good enough, and blame the rest of it on Samus as a character. At every big tournament I've attended, I have always made it out of pools and into brackets, but that doesnt even mean ****. Some people would say it would, and say well, for a Samus player, I did well. No. What matters is when you can get into those brackets, and start beating the real players, those are the bigger names you need to take down, and so far the only one really doing that, is HugS. Don't hide behind your character as a reason you don't place higher. My point is that I agree, we all do need to step it up >.>

i dont care wut ppl say im totaly with phana 100% over wes... i havnt seen anything with HugS in it yet so idk about him
This is a perfect example of what I have mentioned before, you watched a combo vid so you think naturally that person must be good at this game, when in fact 80% of the time, the person making the combo vid actually isnt all that good. You're not even going to see alot of HugS' matches online, because he competes in MLGs, which is on VoD.

Why is this thread still open, anyway? We really need a new Mod for this room. ;)

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Elmo the Muppet is better than God because he is RED.
Yes, close this thread.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Phanna is too good. What a broken Samus. WTF @ random SWD's and ******? Phanna come to my house soon, or call me up. Ask Queen for my # or something. Later man. Hope to see you again and play that Samus again.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
I whole heartedly agree with Echo and yes Hugs is the **** i have played him personally and i wish i could get more matches with him because he has simply played so many people that he will think two moves ahead of you jsut like in chess and knows that the secret to winning is not in flashy moves but in timed and patient reactions to every attack

i only wanted to post because because i played against Hugs (he 2 stocks me regularly and 4 stocked once) and Phanna Mint , II and III pumped me up enough to try to get my at that technical level

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
new way to look at it

Hugs is the best Samus hands down if you think other wise ur an idiot.

btw Apollo you dont have to play some1 to be able to tell anything Tourny results are all that matter and every1 can look at those.
Does wes just suck or something? Because I remember in smashtality he beat Chu Dat in a set.

Watty

Smash Lord
OH **** he didnt juss say that.

IT MUST BE TRUE DREPHEN IS ON THE POWER RANKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFL

please ignore the fact that his crew banner has my name in it

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
@ echo
the only reason im with phanna is cause he one who actually takes time to entertain us saumus playaz with the vids, he is also the one who inspired me to become a better player... also i like the flashy moves and all but i know that the flashy moves doesnt make him a "good" player, i did notice that he was down a stock or so vs. some of the players in the vids.
the flashy moves are just some of samus's advanced tricks as you know... and i am trying to at least perfect them.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
We definitely don't have that power.
We can't decide who's the best, and of course, who's the worst; at least, not now.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
1.) HugS
2.) Watty
3.) Wes

oh **** i did not just say that son
.............crash............man?

We definitely don't have that power.
We can't decide who's the best, and of course, who's the worst; at least, not now.
yes we can the game has been out forever. just because you live in mexico doesnt mean we should stop deciding who is good LOL.

Watty

Smash Lord
nah seriously crashman is very good i juss love messing wiht him <3 crashman

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
.............crash............man?

yes we can the game has been out forever. just because you live in mexico doesnt mean we should stop deciding who is good LOL.
No, you can't.
The topics are so subjective, reasons are subjective.
With something like that, it's impossible to determine who's the best.

My location doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom