• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phanna Mint is the best Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Smash Champion
lol every time I see doodahs post I see midna sayin it... things too cute.

/looks forward to seeing wes' "return" :O

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
lol

may be i shuold have went to all the mlgs like hugs did maybe i would not be number one again but good **** a couple of up and b's and missles and ur the best samus good **** lol.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
may be i shuold have went to all the mlgs like hugs did maybe i would not be number one again but good **** a couple of up and b's and missles and ur the best samus good **** lol.
Hahaha......cool to see Wes posting here. You should've gone to the MLGs........get the respect you deserve. You should take back the title of "best Samus".......disprove all the people who think Wes isn't even top 2.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
It sucks that this is the last extremely popular year for SSBM. When brawl comes out, most people are going to shift. I wonder if there will be MLG's for Melee a year after Brawl comes out. But i think everyone would be too obsessed getting better at Brawl.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Lol, Wes, I find it funny how the only time you post in the samus section is when you are defending your reputation. No offence meant to you by that.

After talking to you on AIM, you really did convince me that you were the best samus. Everyone saying that HugS is the best has no proof for that other then that is what everyone else is saying. HugS is good, I'm not going to lie, but Wes is just so much better. He has better mindgames, better technical skill, and he just knows samus much better then hugs.

Wes you should go to some MLG tournaments, and get some new videos up. I want to vs you so you can teach me some things about samus. Maybe I'll see you at the next MLG new york, or some other big Midwest tourny, or if Brawl comes out earlier, we could play online I guess.

Anyway, shut the **** up about this HugS vs Wes ****. Wes is better.

Watty

Smash Lord
mars you say to say to stfu than you start **** by saying that ****.

i cant believe this convo is still going on. but to end it lets go with this

what has wes done recently for some1 to consider him to be the best samus?

can some1 answer the question for me?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
4th place at MLG New York isn't good enough?
I don't usually like to step in on subjects like these since I am sometimes a part of what is being argued, but when inaccurate statements are made, i like to correct people.

I'm not sure which tourney you are talking about, but:

Wes got 4th at the MLG New York opener (aka New Jersey) amateur bracket, and placed 17th in the pro bracket. I placed 13th in the pro bracket.

Wes got 4th at the MLG New York Playoffs. Which is amazing in itself, but you needed to get first in order to advance to the Level 1 bracket.

EVEN after defeating over 200 opponents in the open bracket, you had to get first in the level 1 bracket in order to advance to the level 2 bracket.

I was automatically in the Level 2 bracket.

So there are some facts for you.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I don't usually like to step in on subjects like these since I am sometimes a part of what is being argued, but when inaccurate statements are made, i like to correct people.

I'm not sure which tourney you are talking about, but:

Wes got 4th at the MLG New York opener (aka New Jersey) amateur bracket, and placed 17th in the pro bracket. I placed 13th in the pro bracket.

Wes got 4th at the MLG New York Playoffs. Which is amazing in itself, but you needed to get first in order to advance to the Level 1 bracket.

EVEN after defeating over 200 opponents in the open bracket, you had to get first in the level 1 bracket in order to advance to the level 2 bracket.

I was automatically in the Level 2 bracket.

So there are some facts for you.
Really? I thought it was the Pro brackets. Well either way, I still think that Wes is better. HugS you are still amazing though. But this is just my opinion.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I think Phannas combo videos are among the top combo videos (My favorite is Isai are you watching) and they definitely made me want to play samus more seriously, but really all I've ever noticed Phanna for is making pimped out productions (combo vids, the banned level pictures, and the new counterchart) it's pretty sweet

But yeah, Hugs and Wes have put up results which matters much more than productions.

jewDat

Smash Rookie
so, let me get this right... to my greatest ability of not trying to flame anyone here...

you see someone that keeps making combo vids pretty much showing him doing SWD the entire vid, and you think he's the best?

HugS is the king, easy. Next up could be Aniki, its always a tough call between Japan/US... but IMO i'd give it to HugS.

Everyone here in the Samus forum thinks the more flashy crap you can do, the better player you are, and you're completely wrong. Try it against a real player, you'll be punished for the mistakes you make. I find it humorous where you can watch a real Samus player (i.e. HugS) and see how he's not doing any of your SWDs, fancy bomb tricks, or anything of the sort, and is beating the top players in the US. Stop trying to be so flashy, its not going to get you anywhere.
the SWD is versatile you need it and you don't need it.

Needs: Getting away from someone who is Invincible
Don'ts: being flashy
Needs: Getting away from a smash attack then adding a charge shot in proccess
And being flashy can be a good thing also. You can be flashy and play mind games bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom