• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Talk about srs.

So we need a topic? Most creative use of marshmallows, go.

The best one I've seen is making a magical unicorn out of them.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I hate being srs. About anything but food.

I think this has a pretty solid answer though.

Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't even remember the last time I had marshmallows LOL.

As for the srs biz stuff, things changed when smashboards blew up with PM and extended out to reddit, sponsors, and such. conversation isn't as plentiful here, and even some discussions are just a headache to read because of terrible logic being used. People are at that point where they don't want to put in work to get progress. They just want a quick HooHah and move on. The bonding that used to be on this site is like a small flame now. but whatevz. I guess some things were never meant to last.

Also, I'ma be tryna get a Yoshi & Raichu hat made by dis homie: https://www.facebook.com/willievermakeitasanartist11

If anyone went to Magfest this year, you could've found me there lol. Da dude had some tight designs

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
1bigman40/scatz/quil/robot
We've gone over this multiple times in da skypz
Sponsors helps make the esports go round with the munz

THE TWIX
THE FAICBEWK
THE LEDDIT
DA SOCIAL MEDIA
Without it where would we be today!?

Prolly a better place tbh. I blame the smashboards move and league making esports rocket off into space at a much much faster rate.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You forgot a few other tags: 1bigman40/scatz/robot/mieu/qui!/biggy/bigz

Surprised you remember the Qui! one tho. I haven't used that in forever.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Lemme rephrase that, Frost_Yoshi then Slush.
I kinda miss the early couple years of brawl before rel's forum was shutdown, wifi and anytime I beat rel 8 or 9 games out of 10 he'd have some controller excuse all the time ;;

At least a handful of us from back then are still here even for Smash 4 tho

Soul.

Nah, man, it ain't that, at least not quite. And I apologize for my comments, in hindsight they weren't warranted.

I think it just doesn't feel like it used to. There's a lot of conversation over there, but it's mostly new players asking questions and trading strategies. Which ain't bad, we need more Pikas kicking *** around here, and that's how **** gets done. We need a place to pass on the wisdom. And we got that, and it's good. And if one of those players goes on to stick a foot up Chimpy's hoo-hah, mission ****ing accomplished, and I'm proud of em.

But most of us kind of just beat around here, honestly. It wasn't tech so much as topic of the day. Nearly from the moment I walked in the door, really. We had a lot of fun and good times. But right now, that just doesn't feel like what it is. And for players like me, who could hardly be called players at all, or for players who love the game, love the peeps, but can't keep up with the levels anymore, cause life or what have you - well, we just don't have much of a place anymore.

That's kind of what I'm lamenting. Deep down I think that's what we're lamenting here in general. Don't take it the wrong way, we're wounded, but we're just in that anger stage of grief. We'll work it out.
Well, 'cept Phoenix. Man's got salt. Keeps it all under his hat, it's what gives him his power.

And another bit. At the heart of it, I think it's us. We all kinda split. Maybe life intervened some - I know it did for me, hence my absence since October or so (holidays...yeesh). I don't want to point fingers or anything, but real talk minute. When's the last time we were so quiet that two pages spanned two and a half months? **** guys. Sure there's a new kid on the block, but we didn't stop being us, did we? Yeah, I know, snark's easy - ****, it's like breathing for us - but seriously. Next topic is what we need, not moaning. We're better than that ****. We're the ****ing PGD. And kudos to the people who've been carrying it on, and I'm sorry I forgot for this long.

I know these things are partly what we make of em, though, so I'll keep believing. Like I said, we still got passionate old guard and promising new guard over there. I see potential.

And hell, xSoul, I'm useless at tech, but if I can do anything to help the new rat pack, you give me word. I ain't dead yet.

Imma get blasted as ****, but somebody had to say something sometime. Y'all still my homies. I still believe. Come at me.
Agreed with what is bolded. You all have the right to be upset, but to blame it on the Smash 4 Pikachu boards is something else. I do know that people are asking for tips almost every time (which to me is because they don't know something). Even if a monkey stales his mighty, overwhelming upward kick, some people would be pleased while the rest is like "idc".
There is potential, yes. It's all about never giving up.

New topics are good. Moaning about stuff won't get you anywhere. It's okay to hate the Smash 4 Pika boards, but still.

Splits always happen. Last time a split happened for me was in a MrBean something xat that was about Mario Kart. Once a split happened I stopped going to xat because it's not that fun. The chat was boring to begin with and I really wasn't immersed to the world of xat. 2much drama m8.

If you're all lamenting stuff it's fine; it will go away sooner or later. I'm not taking anything the wrong way.
You have your opinion, I have my opinion, and everyone here has their opinion.

Still unfortunate to see this thread dwindle in activity.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't have any hate to any game. They are what they are. I just hate the way the boards have ended up. The drive that people had to communicate with other people to learn and inform has dwindled, but I'm gonna keep complaining about that either.

I know that since most of us are older in here, activity has dwindled because we all got lives to take care of. Even the Xat movie nights have dwindled. Still, something can't last forever, and while I'm glad we'll see resurgences now and then, I'm glad to have been in here when it was kickin' lol.

I'm still gonna try to see peeps on the WC. I ain't forget my promise tho.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Speaking of which, I despise new players. It's like, why not just join as a forum regular, ya know? That's what I did. Why are you wasting our time as a new person? I don't know you, guy, so how about you don't come back till I do. Seriously, people like that make me sick to my stomach.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I wish I got into this community sooner, but I believe I still came around when things were active enough for 2-3 years.

I wished I could of done more with Smash 4, but I've got a backlog of other games to play and some stuff to still watch. Otherwise, it's limited to just playing casually with family and friends or online with anyone I have added on my Wiiu, which in both cases rarely happens.

As for you Red, I still need too discuss with you on our little subject that has been put on hold for too long.

As for the marshmallow topic have a random marshmallow related image as my contribution.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I even get an INPO. You sure it's not my birthday?

Lemme rephrase that, Frost_Yoshi then Slush.
I kinda miss the early couple years of brawl before rel's forum was shutdown, wifi and anytime I beat rel 8 or 9 games out of 10 he'd have some controller excuse all the time ;;

At least a handful of us from back then are still here even for Smash 4 tho
That's the kind of stuff I wish I could've been around for. I'm sticking around for 4 though, and hoping history repeats eventually.

There is potential, yes. It's all about never giving up.
Agreed with your whole post but wanted to emphasize this in particular. And for the record, as I stated, our hatred is halfhearted, and mostly false. We're just being grumpy old pikas.

As stated, I recognize the potential, and they seem like good peeps, so no hate from me. Hard to talk there with all the requests for info though; I just ain't got any. But you'll see snark if I get a chance.

Been thinking about collecting some FAQs or tech after seeing that one guy ask about jab. I'm hardly the type to make a guide, which is what I know is needed most, but would that be of any interest as a stopgap?

So dumb, yet so ****ing adorable.
Oh geez, yes. To both. But mostly the first.

As for you Red, I still need too discuss with you on our little subject that has been put on hold for too long.
We got a what now?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You kidding? Creative uses of delicious sweet ****?

I am genuinely surprised it hasn't gone further.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I wish I liked marshmallows.
I can pop one or three in my mouth but need minutes between em, can't be doing them every couple seconds like most people.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Nothing like toasted marshmallows <3 in smores or by themselves, so good!

also, those squirrels are so cute!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My first time eating a chocolate coated marshmallow was a couple months ago at a buffet.
Tho it honestly sat in my hands fer so long the chocolate dried up.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Honestly, I think chocolate-coated marshmallows are overrated, unless they're a s'mores component. That may put me in the minority. I might have to find or craft some good ones to understand.

Personally, I like finding the largest ones available and toasting them over my gas stove, because **** fire safety.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Gotta have that choco cream slowly melt all around the marshmallow. Then let it slowly melt in your mouth.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Aha. Phew. I thought I owed you money or something. Completely forgot about that.

Sure homie, throw me thoughts at your leisure.

I really should work on the backlog sometime. I've missed so many damn holidays.

Gotta have that choco cream slowly melt all around the marshmallow. Then let it slowly melt in your mouth.
Reading that just makes me feel dirty.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
After Scatz' post all I can see is a euphemism.

"Making s'mores."

Kenrawr

Smash Master
orrrrrrr

The pikachu social was active because pikachus were social.

I'd say it's mostly dead because smashboards is dead. It took me a year to navigate back to this page w/ all the new formatting. By the time I got here everyone was dead!

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's the world of Reddit now! By god, how I hate Reddit's navigation methods... Though, the change here isn't that much of an improvement either...

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Like riding a bike. Up a hill. With incoming traffic. And going to court. Then losing everything.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Then riding back down. In a pizza box. With stains. And running over a pedestrian. Then back to court.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Eh. Kids are always the first to pick up on newfangled technomabobs. They'll be fine.

Top Bottom