• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I have a bunch so I can't name them but the ones that come to mind are:
Clockwork Orange
The Incredibles
Rudo y Cursi
The Dark Knight
Cinema Paradiso
End Of Evangelion
Stand and Deliver
The Godfather
Superbad
And some other ones that haven't come to mind sooo I guess the mentioned ones are my faves. =P

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LPKVt0j3oQ
A cookie to whoever guesses when I come out.

EDIT:
@Stealth: I'm also looking for housing along w/ Awex (SD Olimar main.) If anything comes up I'll tell you about it.

Yeah, Stealth just got his very own edit. Get at me
!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I have a bunch so I can't name them but the ones that come to mind are:
Clockwork Orange
The Incredibles
Rudo y Cursi
The Dark Knight
Cinema Paradiso
End Of Evangelion
Stand and Deliver
The Godfather
Superbad
And some other ones that haven't come to mind sooo I guess the mentioned ones are my faves. =P

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LPKVt0j3oQ
A cookie to whoever guesses when I come out.

EDIT:
@Stealth: I'm also looking for housing along w/ Awex (SD Olimar main.) If anything comes up I'll tell you about it.

Yeah, Stealth just got his very own edit. Get at me!
thank you auto. all the good options have fell through, and the only other good option i know of is with melee people, but i would rather stay with brawl people.please let me know soon lol

also yay i got my own edit :D IM SO IMPORTANT I GET MY OWN EDIT LULZ IM LIKE ANTHER STATUS NOW

King~

Smash Champion
i have weird taste in movies

Oceans 11 series (12 being my favorite movie ever for no apparent reason)
Star wars(yes huge fan)
boys in the hood
the life aquatic with steve zissou(idk know what it is about this movie but i love it)
American gangster
ironman
dark knight
enter the dragon
Crank and Crank:HV(just because there so stupid and manly and awesome)
Anchorman
Pirates of the carribean(didnt really care for the first one though =/)
Dont be a meanace to south central while drinking yo juice in the hood

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
On a side note, you should add Pokemon the first movie am i rite
Lol, oh god. So much memories.

Fox and the Hoooooooooooooooound Dog.
The Fox and the Hound.... SO SAD. The part in the rain..... *cries*

@Kyoshi: American Gangster was good.... so was Ironman. How could you like every PotC but the first one?! ;-; I didn't like the sequels at all.... especially the third one. The plot made zero sense.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Click!? :x
No, Kenny, GTFO. You just lost your rights to participate in this convo. x.x

Click was so bad. Everyone talks about how "touching" and "sad" it was, but I saw the plot coming from a mile away.... it just wasn't executed well enough for me to not think "wow, this is.... predictable."

Maybe I was just in a *****y mood when I saw it, but I didn't think it was that great aside from a few good jokes here and there. Adam Sandler's done much better. x.x

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm weird. I have no favorite movies. There's a list of movies I like, and a list of movies I don't like. No favorites list. :ohwell:

Kenrawr

Smash Master
No, Kenny, GTFO. You just lost your rights to participate in this convo. x.x

Click was so bad. Everyone talks about how "touching" and "sad" it was, but I saw the plot coming from a mile away.... it just wasn't executed well enough for me to not think "wow, this is.... predictable."

Maybe I was just in a *****y mood when I saw it, but I didn't think it was that great aside from a few good jokes here and there. Adam Sandler's done much better. x.x
WOW NO U.

Click was a good movie.

Maybe not amazing to some.

But good none the ****ing less!

*punches Kaylo*

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Anyone ever see Requiem for a Dream? How did I forget thet one on my list? It's really good.

@ Stealth: lol no prob. Worst case scenario you can camp out w/ Awex, some french melee players and I outside the venue. we'll also dumpster dive for food like a real racoon.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Silence "She-Who-Found-T2-Acceptable-Due-to-Mediocre-Action-and-Complains-about-Plot-Yet-Dismisses-T2-From-It".
Transformers is meant to be a dumb, crappy action movie. I appreciate it for what it was, and it was entertaining enough even though it wasn't a "good movie."

Click, on the other hand, tried to be funny and deep and didn't really succeed at either one. It also tried to use the element of surprise and failed at that too.

Best Fight from that movie! :)

http://www.videosift.com/video/Bourne-Ultimatum-Bourne-vs-Desh

Also, I robot was fairly good, and the new Terminator was good also
Yeeees @video.

I, Robot was good. I wasn't crazy about the new Terminator, but I didn't watch the older ones.... I just went because my friends wanted to go. It was entertaining enough.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

Click, on the other hand, tried to be funny and deep and didn't really succeed at either one. It also tried to use the element of surprise and failed at that too.
Umm.. it did? I thought it was just supposed to be a cheesy comedy. Kinda like Little Nicky but Little Nicky was AWESOME.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Umm.. it did? I thought it was just supposed to be a cheesy comedy. Kinda like Little Nicky but Little Nicky was AWESOME.
Eh, I think they were trying to be cheesy-comedy-but-wait-we-have-genuinely-deep-moments-too! And the jokes weren't that good anyway.

I dunno. Not my cup of tea, but Little Nicky was cute from what I remember. I haven't seen it in soooo long, though.

By the way, for those of you who I didn't tell in the chat, I'm going to be gone from later tonight (around 9-10 EST) until Monday morning. Going to NYC for the weekend, but I'll have internet access, so I'll be checking the forum once a day (probably in the mornings) to keep an eye on things.

Kenny, be good. ;)
Fino (if you read here at all), I'll do your critiques before I leave.

NO FIGHTING. :mad:

If anyone needs anything, PM/VM me, and I'll be sure to get back to you when I can. I have a few ideas for the boards when I get back, so expect some new threads and such when I get back. We need more life around here outside of the social thread.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Transformers is meant to be a dumb, crappy action movie. I appreciate it for what it was, and it was entertaining enough even though it wasn't a "good movie."

What Terios said.

So Transformers was intentionally crappy? Thus it's alright?

Okay then, Click was intentionally cheesy, it's a good movie.

NO JUANS.

By the way, for those of you who I didn't tell in the chat, I'm going to be gone from later tonight (around 9-10 EST) until Monday morning. Going to NYC for the weekend, but I'll have internet access, so I'll be checking the forum once a day (probably in the mornings) to keep an eye on things.

Tell NL I said hi :O

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What Terios said.

So Transformers was intentionally crappy? Thus it's alright?

Okay then, Click was intentionally cheesy, it's a good movie.

NO JUANS.
I already responded to Terios with my answer to this.... imo, Transformers did exactly what it wanted to do: presented a movie with low plot value, high action value (I enjoyed the action, anyway), and good humor. It wasn't intentionally crappy, but it wasn't trying to be a great, deep anything. It didn't aspire past what it could have been.

Click, on the other hand, tried to make itself into something that it wasn't. It could have been a fine mediocre comedy, but it tried to twist in the tearjerker sad, deep moments, and imo, it aspired past what it could have been. And failed. That's the feeling I got.... maybe you felt differently. We're allowed to have different opinions, lol.

Also, comedies can easily fail when they aren't good enough. I didn't find Click that funny. Action movies have an easier time making up for their shortcomings by blowing **** up, and Transformers did a pretty good job of blowing **** up.

Tell NL I said hi :O
Uh, right. I'll do that. :urg: A.k.a. I'll withhold my true comments on that, lol.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Oh, duh.

Explosions=Money=Brains

OF COURSE!

While we're at it Souljah(sp?) Boy is also a rocket scientist when he's not rapping.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, duh.

Explosions=Money=Brains

OF COURSE!

While we're at it Souljah(sp?) Boy is also a rocket scientist when he's not rapping.
Who said anything about brains? Now you're starting to put words in my mouth/fingers/whatever. I'm just pointing out the fact that he makes movies that sell well. That doesn't mean he's a genius..... but yes, Soulja Boy is a similar example. (I was actually thinking about him earlier after I made my post.)

In a way, you could say that they're smart for making media that's appealing to the masses. Not everyone wants to be a brooding artist/director who makes deep stuff but next to no money. Some people are perfectly fine settling for mediocre stuff that sells decently well.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I already responded to Terios with my answer to this.... imo, Transformers did exactly what it wanted to do: presented a movie with low plot value, high action value (I enjoyed the action, anyway), and good humor. It wasn't intentionally crappy, but it wasn't trying to be a great, deep anything. It didn't aspire past what it could have been.
Finally someone who doesn't either say BEST MOVIE EVAR or LOL **** SUCKED.

I keep running into too many of those people. lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
apprently so, he makes the STUPIDEST songs yet sales so much. i hate people sometimes
Soulja Boy is the poster boy for crap, catchy music.

Crank Dat was catchy as hell, don't lie to yourself.
Yahhh was just annoying.
I kinda like Kiss Me Thru the Phone. It's not a good song, but it's not complete **** like a lot of his music.

Those are really the only three songs of his I've bothered listening to.

EDIT: <3 Werekill. Same.... apparently movies can't be okay or just entertaining. They either have to be ****ty or amazing.

Top Bottom