• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
This doesnt have anything to do with playstyle. Only that online success generally translates to offline success. Plenty of pros have shown this. Generally people who bash wifi have *cough* bad connections. Saying that its only good for matchup experience is just...incorrect. The very same thing could be said for any match that isnt a tourney match. In any case, it goes against what wifi players have proven when they decide to suddenly show up to offline tournaments and do well.
First of all:

It only translates to offline if the player can play well online, which isn't the case for many players, pro or not. The thing about wifi is that it's inconsistent. Even with a good connection, sometimes you have bad button lag, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have lag spikes, sometimes you don't.

I'll bring up my point again that even people who are good on wifi usually admit that they change their playstyle to account for lag (because even a perfect connection has some amount of button lag). If two people are playing differently than they do offline, how can you compare their skill? You can compare their wifi skill, but that may or may not have any relation to how good they are offline.

May or may not. Because wifi's inconsistent. Which is why you can't judge how good people are based on wifi. You just can't, because it's always different based on connection, and it affects different people in different ways. That's my point.

It's good for fun, and you might get a very general idea of someone's skill, but even that isn't a sure thing. You just never know. Someone who plays like crap online could be amazing offline and just not able to adjust to the lag.

I never said wifi is useless. But it's nowhere near as legit as offline play, especially if you play a large range of people with different connections, different distances from you, and different abilities to adjust.

Also, Florida is a strong smash region, maybe not as strong as it was in melee (still as egotistical), but as far as concentrated regions go its probably slightly less then socal [/bias]. Anyways, its a way of ranking a persons skill if they can do well in a particular region. And its a lot more then the rest of us pikas do, so I didnt find it that hard to find some separation.
FL is good, but they really don't have a huge number of really, really good people, not like MD/VA or TX or CA or any other number of well-known regions. If we don't have a good way to rank each other, maybe we just shouldn't do it in the first place, hmm?

Besides that, even if FL has good people, the point is that ESAM plays them on a regular basis, so he could just be good vs. FL people for all we know. (Not saying that's the case, just making a point.) Until he goes out beyond his state and plays a good number of OOS people like Anther, Bear, and PikaPika have, he can't be a top Pika. He hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet.

And his tournament results are good, but there's, like... 2 of them, like I said before. We don't even know who he beat, which speaks a lot more than numbers do sometimes. If someone wants to prove me wrong by showing me a list of pros he's beaten in tournament, I'll gladly eat my words.

@ESAM: I'm not trying to come at you, boo. I think you're a good player, and I really do wish you could travel, because I think you could potentially do pretty well. I hope you see my point in everything I'm saying.

Wow. That's nuts Kaylo lol. I like the Meowth ones. ^_^

Severe lack of Sonic though. I mean. NESS gets in on it? T_T
There's some Sonic in the screenshots!!!

kaylos such a typical girl. they all like pikachu
I actually hated Pika until I picked him up in 64.

I can beat all the non pros and get 5th too. =/
Exactly.

It's official. You are now my best friend.

+100 Pikachus added to my folder.
<333! BFFs4lyfe!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
doesnt matter

all girls still play pika or peach and sometimes zelda (never sheik)

why dont girls play marth

they all think hes hot

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
doesnt matter

all girls still play pika or peach and sometimes zelda (never sheik)

why dont girls play marth

they all think hes hot
I play Marth. =o

I hate Zelda and Peach though. And I play Snake. That's weird.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
bear hardly used pika at apex. I saw alot of marth

I went there having not played the game for months and deserved the sucky placing I got.

But I'm back

Consider this my comeback post LOL

@Kaylo I don't think they're being secretive in their plot to eat you lmao

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Hooray! Welcome back sciccors. You were one of the people who inspired me to work a lot harder on my melee pika so I was sad when I heard you quit. You should stop by the pika chat.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Well...
Puddle=water; so a water based dish such as a soup or a stew is what you can probaly make. I want Pozole.

EDIT: 69 posts

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I want to be pineapple juice. Or cococococonut milk.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
sure you have you just dont talk to me

i saw you lose to a ganon lol
That was my first tournament ever back in, what, January? I was actually pretty mad that I lost that set..... I got water spiked at low damage during the third match. :(

I have no idea what you look like, sooo, yeah. My bad, lol.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
you dont even know what i look like wtf lol. course you never really show up to anything anyway >_>

i also waited outside your house for 2 hours for that tournament u were posed to have

that fell through

i raged

we went to gamecrazy and it sucked

sorry just getting through my frustrations atm NOTHING AGAINST YOU

:c

Tagxy

Smash Lord
In her defense I dont know what you look like either.

Edit: geh, always post on my old account on this computer <_<

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
you dont even know what i look like wtf lol. course you never really show up to anything anyway >_>

i also waited outside your house for 2 hours for that tournament u were posed to have

that fell through

i raged

we went to gamecrazy and it sucked

sorry just getting through my frustrations atm NOTHING AGAINST YOU

:c
Lol. I don't show up to anything, you're right. :laugh: I'm always doing... non-Smash stuff.

I hope talking helped you through your problems. <3

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
yeah im feeling a little better now

more free and open

and i know you're black i just like to see how people react to what i say

btw i have a blog with a pic of me in like the middle or so

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
btw i have a blog with a pic of me in like the middle or so
You look NOTHING like I expected you to look, lolol.

And I don't recognize you at all. x.x From the few tournies I've been to.

I'll say hi next time. =X

Top Bottom