• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I see you haven't worked on your mean face either. No need to be salty with me bout that haha. I'm just pointing it out that you acting pretty salty atm :) Did you have too many drinks? XD
Sadly, I'm completely sober tonight. :(

Salty would be if I was in the kitchen wearing a paisley-print apron, but iirc, that was Kyoshi.

I have a matching one in a different color if you'd like it, Bigman. :)

salty mamachu is salty. :x
*catches Glaceon by tail*
*drags her into chatroom by force*
*digs claws into the ground!*

Noooo, no chat for me tonight! I'm watching a movieeee~

its ok klo, dun worry about whats goin happen. jus know roles wont be backwards <3
Yeah whatever, I look forward to verbally kicking your ***.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
when you wake up i expect breakfast

*slaps butt*

*could comment but wont, cause im nice:)*
WHAT THE?!

DID THIS NUKKA JUST?!

I DON'T EVEN?!

:mad: *rages, breathes fire*

I'm buying you a ticket to Philly so you can come visit me.

Then I'm going to stomp you into the pavement and let the pigeons eat whatever's left when I'm done with you.

bigman40

Smash Master
Sadly, I'm completely sober tonight. :(

Salty would be if I was in the kitchen wearing a paisley-print apron, but iirc, that was Kyoshi.

I have a matching one in a different color if you'd like it, Bigman. :)

I'd figured you'd have too many lol.

The only thing about seeing me in an apron is that it'll never happen. I'd never be a good kitchen person anyway cause I'd be messing up everything. Although, you could wear this scottish skirt I found recently :) I think you'd love wearing it, especially for your Primey-poo :p

Edit cause I'm slow: OH ****! KAYLO JUST GOT MAD SALTY!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
i just need some sort of example of WTF to do with pikachu. some basic vids of a pika VS ABCXYZ and BOTH chars are playing right
I would swallow your reservations about online and actually play a few of us on wifi. That would be the easiest, quickest, and least painful way to improve your pika. Otherwise youre going to have to deal with losing before you start winning.

[P.S. Also dont listen to stealth. If youre really the best samus or at least one of the best, then you will eventually have success with pika. Right now it looks like you dont know him or his options that well, but thats something thats learned with experience.]

And I understand pikas kill moves arent the most suprising, but Ive always found his ability to kill to be on par with most of the characters in A and S tier. Killings never really an easy task, unless youre Snake or MK.

Annnnd even though he has an abnormally large ego, ESAM probably is one of the better pikachus. Aside from Anther and bear he's probably the only one that has many videos. I mean no ones ever going to compare to anther, but as far as other good pikas go ESAM is one of the few I would recommend watching videos of. Unless you can get ahold of videos from Prime, bear, or PP!, and maybe possibly stealth. The rest of us kind of suck, unless theres someone Im unaware of.

King~

Smash Champion
WHAT THE?!

DID THIS NUKKA JUST?!

I DON'T EVEN?!

:mad: *rages, breathes fire*

I'm buying you a ticket to Philly so you can come visit me.

Then I'm going to stomp you into the pavement and let the pigeons eat whatever's left when I'm done with you.
*pat pat* its ok we all salty at one point

now idk about being that salty though

also in this dream of yours where im wearing this apron, what are you doing O.o

Hands off the lady! :mad:

*slaps Kaylo's booty*
:)
kay, all yours

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Edit cause I'm slow: OH ****! KAYLO JUST GOT MAD SALTY!
I'd rather be salty than dead, which is what Kyoshi's gonna be by the end of tomorrow.

Hands off the lady! :mad:

*slaps Kaylo's booty*
:)
RAWR. :lick:

also breathing fire?! what the hax - *watches kaylo's angry face*
*uses Surf on Ephy* :mad:

now idk about being that salty though
Like I said. I'll be salty all the way to your funeral.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'd rather be salty than dead, which is what Kyoshi's gonna be by the end of tomorrow.
I think we've just realized it people. Being sober AND salty is not good. :p People be inviting them for their own death wishes :laugh::laugh:

Don't kill him. Who's gonna make the funny insults when you need it?

I'm done with this too. Gone to sleep. I <3 everyone!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I would swallow your reservations about online and actually play a few of us on wifi. That would be the easiest, quickest, and least painful way to improve your pika. Otherwise youre going to have to deal with losing before you start winning.

[P.S. Also dont listen to stealth. If youre really the best samus or at least one of the best, then you will eventually have success with pika. Right now it looks like you dont know him or his options that well, but thats something thats learned with experience.]

And I understand pikas kill moves arent the most suprising, but Ive always found his ability to kill to be on par with most of the characters in A and S tier. Killings never really an easy task, unless youre Snake or MK.

Annnnd even though he has an abnormally large ego, ESAM probably is one of the better pikachus. Aside from Anther and bear he's probably the only one that has many videos. I mean no ones ever going to compare to anther, but as far as other good pikas go ESAM is one of the few I would recommend watching videos of. Unless you can get ahold of videos from Prime, bear, or PP!, and maybe possibly stealth. The rest of us kind of suck, unless theres someone Im unaware of.

Tag, I know you have bias against me because you three stocked me on WIFI (yeah, I hope you're proud) the first time I had played it with Pika. But seriously, how often do you have to be wrong? ESAM is special.... why? Stop falling for the hype that is his incredibly inflated ego.

The "I want to be friends with all the pikas!" front is getting old.

I don't mind sucking, just be realistic with the people you name. Stealth? <3 Stealth but Tag must seriously have something against me. lol

*sprinkles salt on Kaylo*

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Now I'm salted and minted?! ;-; What is this?!

Are people secretly trying to eat me?!?!?!

Bair ***** wario's air camping when he's feeling like he can out prioritize you.
Lol. Late & semi-random, but thanks Anther. :laugh: <3

Post more often, fool. :mad:

The Truth!

Smash Ace
<4 thrz. forget posting come back to pika chat.
Tag, I know you have bias against me because you three stocked me on WIFI (yeah, I hope you're proud) the first time I had played it with Pika. But seriously, how often do you have to be wrong? ESAM is special.... why? Stop falling for the hype that is his incredibly inflated ego.

The "I want to be friends with all the pikas!" front is getting old.

I don't mind sucking, just be realistic with the people you name. Stealth? <3 Stealth but Tag must seriously have something against me. lol

*sprinkles salt on Kaylo*
o= I didnt mention you at all. I wouldnt have bothered if it was just you ;). Anyways, callllllm down. Apparently you seem to think its ok for multiple people to write tirades against one person, but for me to write a non-confrontational defense is over the line. I didn't fall into any hype, I've known he was good well before most people even started posting here or playing pika competitively. He didn't express his ego traits then, and I was one of the first to give him heat when he tried to name that uair combo after himself. I dont really mind people bashing his ego trips, but if you say his pika isnt one of the better ones Im going to argue that youre wrong.

Also, Im not trying to compare him to Prime or Anther, only saying that hes one of the better pikas. If it makes everyone feel better Ill add that he's one of the better ones I know about. Something like this:

Anther
-----
Pikapika!
Prime/Bear
(maybe others I dont know)
---
ESAM
maybe stealth
(most likely others I dont know)
----
other people I do know and dont know/haven't played/don't have tourney results I know of

Why is ESAM special, or rather what am I basing that from? Tournament results and my personal experience in playing their pikas.

[also kenny im not sure why you bring up the 3 - stock. It's so long ago even I say it as a joke. I've 3-stocked several people on these boards and been 3 - stocked, especially by some people on that list. But if youre really still raw about it just play me again, I really havent been playing much in the last 3 months so maybe you can return the favor :lick:]

Also, I dont see why people unnecessarily bash wifi. If youre going to bash something bash laggy connections and long distances; but adhd, anti, toilethumor, and ally (to name a few) are all wifi players.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Also, I dont see why people unnecessarily bash wifi. If youre going to bash something bash laggy connections and long distances; but adhd, anti, toilethumor, and ally (to name a few) are all wifi players.
Afaik, they all (minus toilethumor.... I know nothing about him) also do really well offline, which is what matters and is the true measure of their skill.

Wifi is balls. It's fun sometimes, but it really isn't good for anything but matchup experience, and even that's debatable. People play differently online -- for example, a lot of Pikas play more grounded and less mobile on wifi because that's what's safer in lag. So really, how much matchup experience are you actually getting when someone is playing like a statue compared to normal because of wifi?

There are very few people who can play like they do offline on wifi, so unless you have access to those few, you're getting a watered-down version of anything you could get offline. Stealth, I know you wanna jump in and say otherwise, but I'm telling you that 90% of the people you play online would play a lot differently offline. Even "good" online players adjust their playstyle to account for lag -- you have to when there's button lag.

Just saying. That's why people bash wifi. But I can get plenty of offline practice if I want to, so maybe I just have no sympathy for people who have online as their only option. Sucks for them.

@ESAM/ranking Pikas debate: Friendly debate is fine, but this is just a pre-warning against bashing/flaming anyone from here on.

Tag, your list is whatever, but the truth is that none of us have any idea what the "true" rankings are, because we're all spread out and play different people in different regions and rarely play each other offline. ESAM might be good, but he's ONLY in FL. The only Pikas who go OOS and place at least somewhat well consistently are Anther, Bear, and I'm adding PikaPika since he played at Apex, which was fairly large in terms of the pros who went.

ESAM's ego does invite flaming, though. He's good, but to say he's "nationally acclaimed" is so outrageous that I literally lol'd for about five minutes. The vids I've seen of him vs. anyone besides his brother haven't been that impressive, if you want my honest opinion, and I do think he's a tad overrated despite being a good player.

Just my 2 cents.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Thrz and pikapika both want in the pika clan war! And thrz is in the chat for once! Go go go!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Is that a new sig? S'cute.
Thanks! I might change the "KayLo!" to blue.... something about the pink after my turquoise text throws me off. (I'm a girl, these things bother me, lol.)

mmm like your skype avi. wtf is it with the cheek circles extending outwards, so weird looking
Wtf is with your ugly raichomp?

Yeah, I said it.

Seriously, though, I dunno why the cheeks are like that, but they're still freakin adorable.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
<4 thrz. forget posting come back to pika chat.

o= I didnt mention you at all. I wouldnt have bothered if it was just you ;). Anyways, callllllm down. Apparently you seem to think its ok for multiple people to write tirades against one person, but for me to write a non-confrontational defense is over the line. I didn't fall into any hype, I've known he was good well before most people even started posting here or playing pika competitively. He didn't express his ego traits then, and I was one of the first to give him heat when he tried to name that uair combo after himself. I dont really mind people bashing his ego trips, but if you say his pika isnt one of the better ones Im going to argue that youre wrong.

Also, Im not trying to compare him to Prime or Anther, only saying that hes one of the better pikas. If it makes everyone feel better Ill add that he's one of the better ones I know about. Something like this:

Anther
-----
Pikapika!
Prime/Bear
(maybe others I dont know)
---
ESAM
maybe stealth
(most likely others I dont know)
----
other people I do know and dont know/haven't played/don't have tourney results I know of

Why is ESAM special, or rather what am I basing that from? Tournament results and my personal experience in playing their pikas.

[also kenny im not sure why you bring up the 3 - stock. It's so long ago even I say it as a joke. I've 3-stocked several people on these boards and been 3 - stocked, especially by some people on that list. But if youre really still raw about it just play me again, I really havent been playing much in the last 3 months so maybe you can return the favor :lick:]

lol, I brought the three stock up because I found it laughable that you could name stealth but not me. I was trying to see how you could possibly justify that claim. Bear and ESAM are debatable. (idk how much Bear goes pika but our pikas are probably about the same now.)
=o

I wasn't bashing wifi at all. I think it's a legitimate source of practice as well.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I'm not trying too :<

But I need great justice!

We all know that you're a proud wifi pika though and that your wifi pika>mine.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Anther's gonna win the tournament. Despite not entering. :p

On a more serious note, I'd guess that Esam or Stealth will be the one to win it.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
This doesnt have anything to do with playstyle. Only that online success generally translates to offline success. Plenty of pros have shown this. Generally people who bash wifi have *cough* bad connections. Saying that its only good for matchup experience is just...incorrect. The very same thing could be said for any match that isnt a tourney match. In any case, it goes against what wifi players have proven when they decide to suddenly show up to offline tournaments and do well.

Also, Florida is a strong smash region, maybe not as strong as it was in melee (still as egotistical), but as far as concentrated regions go its probably slightly less then socal [/bias]. Anyways, its a way of ranking a persons skill if they can do well in a particular region. And its a lot more then the rest of us pikas do, so I didnt find it that hard to find some separation.

Also kenny I brought up stealth because he's also done well within his region, but his area doesnt compare to Florida, which is why I said maybe.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Also, Florida is a strong smash region, maybe not as strong as it was in melee (still as egotistical), but as far as concentrated regions go its probably slightly less then socal [/bias]. Anyways, its a way of ranking a persons skill if they can do well in a particular region. And its a lot more then the rest of us pikas do, so I didnt find it that hard to find some separation.
I can beat all the non pros and get 5th too. =/

Top Bottom