• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
i have no idea what i want to do for an OU team atm.

I know that i want a goodra but its looking like its more of a sp def tank than a sp sweeper, though it can still sweep.

I think I want to go with like, prankster klefki lead, then avalugg def wall, goodra sp def wall, and idk what for my other 3 sweepers. any suggestions for good phys and sp sweepers, preferably from this gen?

oh right, i have a perfect scizor in my box atm. maybe ill go mega scizor if he doesnt get banned

Vale

Smash Ace
I haven't tested out Klefki. It looks like stats are subpar, but the typing + prankster might make up for it. I've heard good things about it.
Ice is a horrible defensive type. Unless he is blocking something specific, I'd suggest something else.
Goodra is <3, I plan on running it as well.
Scizor gets low gains compared to other Mega Pokémon. I'd suggest running a Life Orb, Choice Band, or some other item.

Now, this leaves you with two or three slots. First and foremost, one of these should be a Mega. They are good.
In my opinion, the best one is Mawile. However, it shares typing with Klefki, and Scizor is also Steel.
I haven't tested it, but I've heard that Mega Gengar is up there. Shadow Tag is an amazing ability, and Gengar is one of the only two Pokémon to be OU through the first five generations, so I don't doubt it is powerful.
Blaziken was Uber last generation, and his Mega Evolution makes him more powerful.
Blastoise is pretty bulky and gets Iron Defense, so it might work instead of Avalugg.

Other notable Pokémon (6th gen only):
In terms of power, Aegislash is great. However, looking at the other options, you may still have a steel weakness.
Greninja can run mixed sets pretty well, or stick to one side if you prefer. Protean is a very interesting ability.
Not sure about many others, but you might want to look into Noivern and Tyrantrum.

With only seventy new Pokémon, options for new ones to add to your team are limited.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Im going to run a protean greninja actually
Mega Mawile ill use as well as klefki i think due to its typing being so good. fairy is really op typing imo.
i ran a choice band scizor last gen so ill prob do that again.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm still building my team, but have what I used to beat the game. Would you like to battle? Also, do you need any help with the basics of building a competitive team?

My team that I used to beat the game consists of Blaziken, my starter, a pikachu, and three irrelevants. An OU team this does not make. I've since been cracking on a Mawile and Aegislash, who I've both heard good things about (to my glee in the former's case) but I still lack for good temperaments. Or even full grown fighters. And nobody, and I mean nobody, has a decent movelist ATM.

At any rate add away. You'd be the first. Ahem.
<- Seriously people it's right there.

I've been trying to get my **** together at Smogon but after a three generation hiatus I'm now kind of out of my depth, so assistance is appreciated.

If I may point out though, Mawile is ATM looking...less awesome than promised, from an intellectual point. I presume it's being largely touted as a defensive wall with good attack and some sharp-ass STABs that shrugs off the Poison that would otherwise piss a Fairy-type off. However her speed is abysmal, even Mega'd, and even with the Sp. Def boost there's not much that'll save it from a well-placed Flamethrower (maybe a well-placed Sucker Punch that's alright with no STAB?). And that's kind of the thing; I bet a good chunk of OU is ok with offering a well-placed Flamethrower.

Still running mine, but concerned.

Im going to run a protean greninja actually -

Wait this is a thing? Oh god it is. I'm all over that ****.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
fortunatley a lot of special sweepers moves have been nerfed a tad. flamethrower is base 90 now, and fire blast is down to.......something.
either way i think its still a strong mega.
everyone just needs to get on the goomy train

im currently working on a 5 IV goomy with calm nature and gooey HA. If anyone wants one let me know

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
True, and with some EV dedicated to Sp. Def Mawile could let that chink off the armor like everything else.

Oh, and one ticket to the Goomy train, please.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I need something with good ivs, preferably near perfect ivs, that is in the dragon egg group.

ANYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING WITH NEAR PERFECT IVS IN THE DRAGON EGG GROUP PLEASE GIVE ME IT

im trying to breed a perfect or near perfect goomy but i need something in that group from friend safari, and i have nothing in my FS that is in that group

that being said, soon as i get it i will get everyone tickets aboard the goomy express

Vale

Smash Ace
Important note on Mawile: With Huge Power, it has the highest unboosted attack stat in the game.

@Latias,
I would love a Goomy. My best offers are 4-IV Skarmory and potentially a 5 IV Togepi (have a trade with somebody on hold right now, they may choose this or a different one).

At any rate add away. You'd be the first. Ahem.
<- Seriously people it's right there.

I've been trying to get my **** together at Smogon but after a three generation hiatus I'm now kind of out of my depth, so assistance is appreciated.
How much do you know? If you have previous experience, I'll assume you understand the basics of team building. Would you just like a list of some of the more viable Pokemon and strategies. What kind of advice would you like?

~~~
Guys, I'm currently breeding Kangaskhan, should I go with Jolly or Adamant?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
To be fair, Vale. Even if Avalugg is an Ice type he's a ****ing tanky as hell ************.
The Half iceberg can take a hit from crit Focus punch breloom, Sacred Sword from Three Swords Dance and stance changed Aegislash, CC from Mega Lucario and OHKO it with EQ, and takes three CC from Terrakion to kill it while he can recover once and maybe kill with avalanche/EQ. (list goes on, yadda yadda)

Even then, he can still sweep if he gets a curse or two off and spams EQ and recover everytime. Even better when people just recently found out he can learn Mirror Coat so that kinda gets rid of the "oh special attackers like ghosts or Salamence can counter him" Cause sturdy and Mirror coat baiting.

I mean... if we wanna point fingers, Cloyster is water/ice too and he's pretty weak outside of defense as well. Avalugg is better when it comes to the important stats that makes them... them. Just cloyster has more speed but avalugg sacrifices that for 95 base HP compared to cloyster's 50, 4 more defense, and 117 attack from cloyster's 95.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I need something with good ivs, preferably near perfect ivs, that is in the dragon egg group.

ANYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING WITH NEAR PERFECT IVS IN THE DRAGON EGG GROUP PLEASE GIVE ME IT

im trying to breed a perfect or near perfect goomy but i need something in that group from friend safari, and i have nothing in my FS that is in that group

that being said, soon as i get it i will get everyone tickets aboard the goomy express

Does the gender matter? I've got a Bagon or two with 4 perfect IVs, but they're female. I'm trying to breed some psuedo-perfect ones at the moment (31/31/x/31/31/31)

Reizilla

Cloyster has that Shell Smash and Skill Link though. Even then, I'm tempted to still use Stalllugg.

And Greninja is the only good Special Sweeper this gen, IMO. Maybe Noivern, but it's not quite powerful enough, me thinks.

Mega Gengar is going to Ubers quickly. It practically guarantee's at least 1 KO with the only thing stopping it being a STAB/boosted surprise Sucker Punch.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ya, the Shell smash and Skill link is what made Cloyster him. (OU)
Avalugg's Sturdy and Recover or Rapid spin makes Avalugg him. (looking like either RU or OU)

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
@rei: not particularly no because i can probably breed it with a ditto to make a male one with good ivs. does the bagon have 31 ivs in special att? thats what im looking for more than anything

Vale

Smash Ace
Avalugg has better stats than I thought. It doesn't seem completely unviable, but few people used Regice as a special wall in previous gens.

Latias, if you want to run Avalugg, you'll definitely need a spinner. I'm not sure about new Pokemon, how about Starmie or Tentacruel? Actually, is Rapid Spin a TM in this game? I don't know what distribution currently looks like.

Vale

Smash Ace
Avalugg is a spinner lol.

A bad one.

"Hm. Stealth Rocks is on the field. I need to switch in a Pokemon to clear this so my defensive tank, Avalugg, doesn't take 25% coming in...
Wait, no problem, my Avalugg can come in and clear it!"

EDIT: I now have a few 4IV Kangaskhans for trade, in addition to the Skarmory and Togepis. I think I have one or two decent Scythers, as well.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Still a spinner, bad or not lol.
That and... ya know, tanky as **** with a considerable amount of HP where it takes 2hko or 3hko to kill him only to recover back to full health?

Vale

Smash Ace
I would advise against using Rapid Spin on an Avalugg set. Just based off of what you've listed, I'd go with something like Curse, Recover, Earthquake/Avalanche, Mirror Coat/Avalanche. Spinning is ideally performed by Pokemon that resist it.
Either way, it doesn't seem useless, which is good.
Clearly doesn't deserve NU, and obviously not an Uber. Looking at RU from last generation, I'd say he probably deserves to be at least BL2. He competes well with Registeel, with lower special defense but more attack power and Recover. If he were in UU, I don't think he'd go to BL.I don't think I'll be using him in OU, but Pokemon such as Gastrodon and Donphan were able to make it up there in sixth generation (although I remember Donphan being UU, so he must have gone up later on) due to filling nice niches, so I could see a case for it being in OU.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
im of the long hair dont care mantra of players where i like to just sweep things and use stuff I like that is also good, ergo goodra and scizor.

btw AUTO: I AM COMING UP TO HSU ON THURSDAY NIGHT UNTIL SUNDAY.

PM me your number bro, im gonna be haning around and trying to avoid the ex at all costs lol

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Competitive Pokemon's boring, let's talk competitive Digimon World 1. I'm currently running a team of five identical Megadramon that each have Full Potential, Ice Statue, and DG Dimension, but I'm thinking about picking up a Piximon with Bug, Confused Storm, and Insect Plague for Grade S tournaments. What do you guys think?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I think that if you give Megadramon full potential, DG Dimension and couple that with a HOLY **** TIS A GOOMY INVASION!

Reizilla

@rei: not particularly no because i can probably breed it with a ditto to make a male one with good ivs. does the bagon have 31 ivs in special att? thats what im looking for more than anything
No :( but if one pops up, I'll let you know.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Espy, you ignorant ****! DW2 was just a lousy dungeon crawler with Digimon slapped over it. It was a Digimon game in name only.

**** is censored? Is ****-shaming no longer in vogue?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I grew with DW3, but I got too attached to manipulating the training dojo that I never got far before my PS started to fail.

At least the battles in DW2 are still RPG battles akin to the rest of the DMW instead of the generic dungeon crawler battle system where the battles are carried out in the top down view. They may have taken the free-roam overworld-adventuring, but I can let that slide as long the battle is still there. [Takes out Randomly Occuring Battles]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, you ignorant ****! DW2 was just a lousy dungeon crawler with Digimon slapped over it. It was a Digimon game in name only.

**** is censored? Is ****-shaming no longer in vogue?
And it's infinitely superior because of it. And calling 1 a freeroaming RPG is just a load of balls. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Then I don't know my terminology for playing a **** ton of mainstreamed localized JRPGs of top-down view adventuring.
And I haven't 1'd so I have no idea how different it is from 3. Is it that like comparing in how adventuring was was in FF10/13 compared to FF1~9?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've played 1-3. 3 is just so different from the former two that it's hard to get into after playing the first two, but one was utter crap. Useless, lifeless gutter trash.

Only one song in that entire game was any good either. :applejack:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
What makes Digimon Digimon is the fact that you take care of them, not just train them; that's what it's always been all about. They started out as Tamagotchis for boys, and that's what the first game was going with, but every game after the first got rid of that aspect and replaced it with more generic RPG nonsense. This one's a dungeon crawler, this one has turn-based battles, this one has them wielding swords and ****, and they're all about the Digimon getting experience and leveling up instead of you raising them. It's stupid, they should have just expanded on what the first game was doing all along instead of wasting 12 years trying different **** before finally going back to what worked.

This is Digimon, right here. You feed 'em, you train 'em, and then you have them fight ****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I needed cheese for my sandwich. Thanks.
I'd praise DW1 if any of what you said was actually done right, but Bandai clearly didn't seem to give a ****.
Having those features only works when they are enjoyable. DW1 had no indication that it even cared for it's own mechanics.:applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I grew up under the notion that Digimon was a competitor to Pokemon (I started from the localized anime of both)
Thus I always compared their games via RPG (into both, but Pokemon more than Digimon at the time)

My cousin gave me his Digimon Season 3 Tamer Tamagotchi thing was the first notion I ever saw Digimon being Tamagotchi-like.

Vale

Smash Ace
Competitive Pokemon's boring, let's talk competitive Digimon World 1. I'm currently running a team of five identical Megadramon that each have Full Potential, Ice Statue, and DG Dimension, but I'm thinking about picking up a Piximon with Bug, Confused Storm, and Insect Plague for Grade S tournaments. What do you guys think?
-2 megadramon
+2 blue-eyes white dragon, with burst stream of destruction, silver's cry, and dragon's gunfire

The only Digimon World game that I've played was 4. It was pretty cool, from what I remember. I don't know how it compares to the others, but I know that it did not have Tamers at all, and thus nothing about raising the Digimon. I've played some of the DS ones as well.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I needed cheese for my sandwich. Thanks.
I'd praise DW1 if any of what you said was actually done right, but Bandai clearly didn't seem to give a ****.
Having those features only works when they are enjoyable. DW1 had no indication that it even cared for it's own mechanics.:applejack:
To each his own, I suppose, but out of all these old Digimon games only one has had its mechanics implemented in another game. I'd say Bandai finally came to their senses in recent years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbBSpGEEI8s

Vale

Smash Ace
Wasn't the Digimon World Championship thing from 2008 mostly about raising them? I never played it, but from what I heard of it, how you trained them affected how/when they Digivolved.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Wasn't the Digimon World Championship thing from 2008 mostly about raising them? I never played it, but from what I heard of it, how you trained them affected how/when they Digivolved.
I think it was, but I never actually got around to any of the DS games. They sound alright, though.

Top Bottom