• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Stall teams and doesn't like competitive Brawl?
I'm so confused.

Triple battle master race. :applejack:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Togekiss is probably one of my all time favs when you run serene grace airslash and twave. So much flinch.
I really want to try this klefki prankster that slush has been talking to me about where you go swagger, sub, foul play. seems fun.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Stall teams and doesn't like competitive Brawl?
I'm so confused.
Two completely different types of games.

Also, even I have my limits.... old school Blissey still made me rage.

EDIT: YES, LAWRENCE KNOWS!!! Perma-paraflinch so good.

Vale

Smash Ace
Two completely different types of games.

Also, even I have my limits.... old school Blissey still made me rage.

EDIT: YES, LAWRENCE KNOWS!!! Perma-paraflinch so good.

Battles in generation two (G/S/C) involved five+ turns of switching and double-switching in order to set up one good hit.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Work's going to 12/7s, so pardon my pending greater-than-usual infrequency.
Looking forward to the check though. Gonna need a forklift.

@Vale, read the Wall 'O Text. I can see where the gaps in my knowledge are piling up, but at least I can name them now.

My current set is, I think, relying hard on offense. The team consists of Mawile, Lucario, Aegislash, Greninja, and Goomy (bit fresh) at the present time. For now there is also a Blaziken, pending replacement to keep the team OU. Could attempt to sweep with Lucario, settle in for a longer set with Mawile, Aegislash, or Goodra, or pull stupid Protean Greninja tricks until my opponent throws their 3DS out a window in frustration, but I don't know how well any of it will actually play out in the wild.

As it is it looks like it's going to rely almost exclusively on out-offensing the other team or SProG shenanigans to get business done. I'm calling it the Hail Mary team because I'm praying it'll do a goddamn thing. Criticisms welcome, needless to say.
Plus with all the breeding I've got to do still, I got time to polish the metaphorical turd ball.

In what may be a rookie thought I also have to wonder how megas play out when there's multiple mega candidates. Are there nuances to picking the right one for the job? Could there be ways to force your opponent to make a hard and ultimately incorrect call on their megas?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
so tonight I was playing a lot of project M and i didnt realize it was possible to strain your eyes playing it but somehow I did haha.
As someone who never really played competitive melee and now am used to wavedashing, L canceling, and all the other fancy stuff, I have to say that brawl is like really boring to go back and play.

I also played with a friend of mine in brawl whose falco is medicore and I tried to give him some threads and vids to look at on stuff like DACUS and whatnot but I think hes not wanting to really look at the stuff im trying to help him with out of some sense of he thinks im not better than him by much so my advice is kind of null.

TL;DR- i played project M and it was fun. My friend dosent want to take my advice for pride reasons.

Vale

Smash Ace
In what may be a rookie thought I also have to wonder how megas play out when there's multiple mega candidates. Are there nuances to picking the right one for the job? Could there be ways to force your opponent to make a hard and ultimately incorrect call on their megas?

In short, there won't be more than one candidate on a team. Items play too critical of a role in battling for most teams to waste multiple slots on mega stones (I can write about the prominent items, if you'd like). Choosing a mega evolution to use is part of the team design process. They may, however, use multiple Pokemon that could use Mega Evolution, but only one will actually be holding the stone. For example, with your team consisting of Lucario and Blaziken, one or both should probably be holding a Life Orb or Expert Belt. If you plan to use Mawile, you make it obvious that it is going to be your mega, however, because it is too weak otherwise.

Player -0

Smash Hero
so tonight I was playing a lot of project M and i didnt realize it was possible to strain your eyes playing it but somehow I did haha.
As someone who never really played competitive melee and now am used to wavedashing, L canceling, and all the other fancy stuff, I have to say that brawl is like really boring to go back and play.

I also played with a friend of mine in brawl whose falco is medicore and I tried to give him some threads and vids to look at on stuff like DACUS and whatnot but I think hes not wanting to really look at the stuff im trying to help him with out of some sense of he thinks im not better than him by much so my advice is kind of null.

TL;DR- i played project M and it was fun. My friend dosent want to take my advice for pride reasons.
Just CG him to death, into a QaL into a Jab Lock into down tilt then troll edgeguard.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I'm still waiting for the day that something optimistic comes from espys mouth rather than blatant negativity

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
And we can only hope you lose weight by then fat-t

Auto, go with me to dinner on friday. Ill be at hsu by tomorrow

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hopefully my fat kills me. Better than dealing with you.

@Rei: Sweet merciful god yes. :applejack:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Why the hell would it be "here, here?" :applejack:
I don't ****ing know, that's why I asked. To show that you're "here" with the person in support of what they said?

I'm sure there're figures of speech that make far less sense.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think there are.
I'm actually positive that yours was the most senseless of them all.

Fun fact by the way, "Blood is thicker than water" is abridged from a longer phrase that said, "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb," which essentially means the exact opposite of what we use the abridged version for today.

:applejack:

Vale

Smash Ace
So, my friends and I decided to save some replays of Project M matches so we could figure out what we were doing wrong, not knowing that it didn't work. We never realized our largest problem was thinking we won with three stocks left, when in fact we apparently all just jumped off the edges of the map a minute after the game started.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll ensure that it sticks around for quite some time.

Oh, another note: Elle Fanning as Aurora in the Sleeping Beauty remake?
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Might check it out though. Looks decent. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's... the first thing you've ever done in here to prove that you have intelligence.
I'm honestly stunned. It's just... kinda awesome.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I just watch this thread and all I see is Espy being the equivalent of a grumpy old hag.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You say it like it's not the norm. Almost as if you're implying that I can actually be nice. :applejack:

Actually, I just realized a hole in pikagirl's advice. Suicidal tendencies are typically affiliated with negative emotion, right? By that stance, you'd ignore a depressed/suicidal/spiritless individual just because they were being negative. That's... kinda harsh for someone who is probably projecting themselves as a means of calling out for help.

On the other hand, I'm damn sure that when you say "negative" in your post, you actually meant "scathing" or "insulting." Makes more sense given the context this way.

The PGD title couldn't be more true now than it has ever been. I'm proud of you guys. :applejack:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I made that title days ago when we were talking about Belle.... reference to the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland.

Although it is pretty funny that it semi-applies atm.

Top Bottom