• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Shoyru

Sign In
Collect Daily Freebies & Bank Interest
Play and Submit Merca Chase, Destructo Match, and Bulls-Eye three times each
Deposit NP & Feed Neopet
Sign Out

Used to be my daily run. Wasn't efficient, but those were my favorite games.
And if I had leisure time, that haunted carnival clown robot shooting game was my niche.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Good ****, Beros. Aside from the exact games, that was more or less my Neopets experience. What colour was your Shoyru?

Dang KayLo you seem quite upset at Tyrantrum's Rock typing. But come one yo this isn't gonna be metagame version 4-5

I honestly don't see Fighting being anywhere nearly as popular an offensive type this gen. Not with Fairies and Ghosts running rampant. Ghost is probably gonna supplant Fighting as the answer to Steels, and Fairy is gonna be the new Dragon. With Fairy both resisting and being super effective against Fighting, I can't really see Tyrantrum's Rock typing hurting it too badly when it comes to things like Close Combat and Drain Punch (though Steel is gonna be a problem I think).

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
i agree jeans.

Im wondering what we will see of poison as it is now a fairy counter. posion on the offensive is awful but now that it hits 2 WHOLE TYPES maybe itll get more attention.

Im thinkign fiary could change the meta a ton but it depends if there are any fairys that can actually hold their own. so far the fiary types that we have seen look pretty weak but maybe they will have crazy stats.

An influx in ghost would be nice to see now that it neutrals steel, but I dont know if there are any ghosts that can really take on the OU meta much aside from the gengar/dusclops that were comonly seen.

its gonna be a fun new gen, i cant wait to see what the competitive seen looks like for it.

i agree jeans.

Im wondering what we will see of poison as it is now a fairy counter. posion on the offensive is awful but now that it hits 2 WHOLE TYPES maybe itll get more attention.

Im thinkign fiary could change the meta a ton but it depends if there are any fairys that can actually hold their own. so far the fiary types that we have seen look pretty weak but maybe they will have crazy stats.

An influx in ghost would be nice to see now that it neutrals steel, but I dont know if there are any ghosts that can really take on the OU meta much aside from the gengar/dusclops that were comonly seen.

its gonna be a fun new gen, i cant wait to see what the competitive seen looks like for it.

Well seeing Poison even more would be ****ing great, don't get me wrong, but seeing as Steel is STILL immune to Poison, I don't really see it happening : ( . Unless Flabebe gets an evolution with like crazy good states and sees huge usage or we get some OP Fairies with secondary typing that negates their Steel weakness but preserves their Poison weakness (Fairy/Fire? Fairy/Electric? Fairy/Water?). Could be sweet. Also you're forgetting about Azumarill! Huge Power Azumarill is still a force. Immune to Dragon, resists Fighting, Bug, Dark, Ice, and Water. It takes neutral damage from Fire and Steel, but it's weak to Poison sooo...

Also I think I read a rumour somewhere saying the Happiny and Togepi line are getting retyped to Fairy? Might be fake, but if it is Blissey would be an even crazier special wall, and even a moderate physical wall. Same with Togekiss. Both would still be weak to Poison though.

I can see Doublade taking OU by storm with its awesome offensive and defensive typing. Hopefully we'll get even more Ghosts this gen. Maybe Chandelure will see more usage cause of its Fire STAB?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol. It's the only logical step forward.

And the Togepi and Chansey trees are confirmed to be fairy type I believe. :applejack:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Since you guys kept MAKING FUN OF MY STYLE, I had to learn to find my own way to fight back. And then I sorta lost control and now I'm rude to everybody.
I, for one, am proud to have been a part of your glorious transformation.

Also, speaking of your style, I actually found a hat similar to yours in my grandfather's old stuff the other day and took a pic in your honor lol:
(Don't ask why SWF does double collapses. Still haven't figured out how to fix that.)
Dang KayLo you seem quite upset at Tyrantrum's Rock typing.
So mad. Rock might just be my least favorite type, only slightly better than Normal. Still gonna use the ****** though, because regardless of his typing, he looks like a beast.

Besides, my one-type run idea kind of went out the window when I realized I could get Venusaur, and we all know I'm a Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur fanatic.
Also I think I read a rumour somewhere saying the Happiny and Togepi line are getting retyped to Fairy?
And the Togepi and Chansey trees are confirmed to be fairy type I believe. :applejack:
Fairy Togekiss? **** yeah!!

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Also, speaking of your style, I actually found a hat similar to yours in my grandfather's old stuff the other day and took a pic in your honor lol:
(Don't ask why SWF does double collapses. Still haven't figured out how to fix that.)
Beautiful, you're one of the few people who can almost pull off that hat as well as I can.

And the Togepi and Happiny lines are most certainly not confirmed to be Fairy types yet, Espy is as wrong as ever. It probably will happen, though, it's just not confirmed yet.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
And Furfrou. Furfrou has second favorite Pokémon candidate potential.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pokebeach is pretty spot on with its resources for the most part. Even without it, slapping the fairy type on Togepi and Chansey almost makes too much sense.

:applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Rock is honestly one of the worst typings, its only purpose is to stop Fire and Flying from being pretty good.
Despite having some good defensive stats on average it resists only four types (one of them being Normal and the other Poison, which are also very, very bad) and has FIVE weaknesses.
It's easy to verify: no Rock Pokémon is good (Aerodactyl comes close, but its typing only hurts it more than it would help).

The only worse type is Poison (which I also love), because it has like no offensive advantages nor any single move with good Base Attack. Sure, it also has only two weaknesses, but they happen to be two of the most popular ones (Psychics are in like almost every team, and half of the roster can use Earthquake).
Maybe the incorporation of Fairy as a pretty popular typing could serve as a buff, but pretty sure Fire will cover that "Anti-fairy" spot better, as it has far more strengths and resistances.

And don't let me get started with Ice.

Also, Normal is underrated.

/salt

Tyranitar is only good because sandstream.
Regardless the only real threat to Tyranitar as of gen V was Close Combat (does anybody even still run Grass Knot?) and gen VI's Fairies are only going to make him better (assuming of course most Fairy types are specially oriented) (which by the look of it most are save for Azumarill)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's a lot of salt, Kyo.
I used to believe rock was good because when I played the games for some reason I always ended up catching a female Geodude, which I loved and raised as best as I could.
Then when I got into competitive I got demolished because Rock is bad. Hence my salt.

Also, since I played in Gen.II a bit (I wasn't even good I just played it for the kicks), I ALWAYS keep a Tyranitar check, so it's not much of a threat for me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
If the salt levels get any higher in here the whole thread's gonna have a heart attack.

Oh, and since it was posed:

Speaking of which, HOW'S YOURS COMING ALONG, RED?
Unfinished and neglected due to 60-hour work-weeks. But so far, we have this:

In several of the slots I'm unsure how to proceed - especially fire and grass types. The pirate avi could slot in for the water type in a pinch, but I would prefer a whole new avi instead. I have ideas for the rest of them, but no time at present to execute them.
And yes, Bug kind of sucks. But then, Bug kind of sucks.

Your backstory is touching, by the way. Respect.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Thanks Red, you're my favourite colour. I like your Space Ghost Pikachu, by the way. Things are better in space.

And for water you could give him a swimming cap + goggles. Or a bikini. Or both.

Now now, there's no need to contradict yourself now. :applejack:
You've made a fool of me through me, and I don't know how to proceed from here.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Obliged and agreed. Although I think I could sharpen up a few things, the Space Ghost avi is at present the yardstick by which all the other avis have to be measured by. Probably because it was the last one completed, and each has improved slightly.

My initial thought was a scubachu, although I like the swimming cap-goggles idea. Even kind of like the thought of a more decked-out piratechu. Probably going to take the same approach I did with flying, mock up a few and figure out which works best.

Oh, and you respond in kind. It's amazing the kinds of things people say in quotes, really.

Now now, of course I'm salty. Your hat is simply more fantastic than mine, and I'm incredibly jealous. :applejack:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It would if I had one of those.... dunno, maybe I should make one now that I'm getting ancient.

What's on y'all's bucket lists? Gimme inspiration.

Top Bottom