• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Is it in you?
Fruit punch, by the way.

I'll watch Origins for nostalgia's sake. I'm a bit worried that they'll fail to characterize Red properly though - nostalgia is a finicky mistress and it'll whip the hell out of the whole thing if Red isn't relatable right out the gate. And it's not like they've got a lot to go on, since besides his gender he was a featureless protagonist.

Ah, who am I kidding, we'll go just to see a Charizard and a Blastoise beat the **** out of each other.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Bill Murray as Brock? Radical.
I don't exactly know where you're coming from here, please explain. No seriously, I actually wanna know what the connect here is, it's driving me crazy.

And I'm right there with Kendall in hating Gen 5, at least. And 4 was pretty lousy too. Buuuuuuuuuut, I'm actually really excited for 6. Like, I've haven't been this excited for a Pokemon game since Gold & Silver. X & Y are gonna be good, guys.

KayLo is my favourite
Super hype for Origins. **** all this new gen bull****, we're going back to the original, baby. :colorful:

EDIT: LMAO @that interview. Jamie Foxx is the man.
KayLo WAS my favourite :mad: Gen V was the ****en best and you know it

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Yeah, Frogadier looks great. But knowing Game Freak, he's probably going to evolve into an ugly salamander or some **** instead of a cooler-looking frog.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If the rumors I'm hearing are true, Froakie may not be the right choice any more :/

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol, whenever I hear Dark dual type I can only think in the whole bunch of weaknesses it will have.

Yveltal will be weak to Electric, Rock, Ice and FAIRY.

Dark is still my favourite Type :C

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Huh. It seems the word "Chespin" was supposed to be included in that post somewhere.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yo, where's the Doublade hype?

Obviously going to be favouring Attack and Defense, immunity to all trapping moves/abilities, immunity to poison, Immune to Close Combat/Fake Out/Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave/Extremespeed and resists Bullet Punch/U-turn, resists Fairy and Dragon, access to Sacred Sword to compliment its Ghost STAB, potentially getting No Guard Iron Tail if Game Freak is lenient enough with the tassels, and if they're feeling particularly generous, it will get Dual Chop.

The only kickers are that it might have low speed and it will be weak to Pursuit, Flame Dance, and Earthquake.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm reserving all my judgements about X and Y until I get my hands on it, save two.

One, Mega Mawile gonna hurt someone.

Two, Froakie hype. I've run with Fire-type starters consistently since Gen I, and the streak is breaking here.

That's all I got. Gonna go write something now.

Heracross is pretty good, huh?
It's not even because Heracross is "good" I've just loved Heracross since my first one fell out of a tree behind Kurt's house in Crystal

Now I name all of my Heracross Azalea
Yo, where's the Doublade hype?

Obviously going to be favouring Attack and Defense, immunity to all trapping moves/abilities, immunity to poison, Immune to Close Combat/Fake Out/Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave/Extremespeed and resists Bullet Punch/U-turn, resists Fairy and Dragon, access to Sacred Sword to compliment its Ghost STAB, potentially getting No Guard Iron Tail if Game Freak is lenient enough with the tassels, and if they're feeling particularly generous, it will get Dual Chop.

The only kickers are that it might have low speed and it will be weak to Pursuit, Flame Dance, and Earthquake.
Tbh I thought Honedge was gonna be a single stage but Doublade is pretty sick too. Though all of this Fighting hype (immunity and access to it) might not even end up mattering too much seeing as Fighting is probably gonna take a hit as an offensive type as far as ubiquity goes. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna slap that ****** on my team though

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
No, yeah, I gotcha, Heracross is the man. I almost put him down as my favourite Fighting type back when we were all filling out that Favourite Pokemon Meme. I settled for Lucario instead. It was a very hard choice that I'm still not too sure of.

Speaking of which, HOW'S YOURS COMING ALONG, RED?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Gen 6 starters are fine, but nothing has been convincing enough to ever ruin my Grass start since the first games.

:applejack:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wanted to do a one-type run for XY (prob water since I plan on starting with Froakie), but of course the only other new poke I like is that dinosaur thing -- even though it has **** typing. Seriously, pairing dragon with rock?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not anymore with fairies in the mix. He's gonna get knocked out by ****ing sparkles. -___- Plus -- seriously -- ROCK?? One karate chop to the face, and he's dead.

Rock and ice should just not even exist as defensive types.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
After five generations of being a generally annoying type set up, with a handful of Pokes too powerful for their own good, this comes off to me as nothing less than divine justice.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I wanted to do a one-type run for XY (prob water since I plan on starting with Froakie), but of course the only other new poke I like is that dinosaur thing -- even though it has **** typing. Seriously, pairing dragon with rock?
Technically they're pairing rock with dragon, what with it being a Rock/Dragon type. And it's a fossil Pokemon, what did you expect? They're always Rock types, it's the rule.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Espy: True, I'm just more frustrated that they gave him such a ****ty second type. Since dragon's already getting nerfed, they could've thrown him a bone.... but nooo~, the one new pokemon (other than the starters) with a decent design is going to be frail as hell. I mad.

& ice DEFINITELY needs some love. Offensively, it's great, but one crappy resistance? Really? And it's my favorite type too besides grass.... :(

EDIT: @Bobby: Yeah, yeah.... like I said, I'm mostly mad because it's one of the only new ones that isn't butt ugly, and it looks like it should be able to **** people up. But nope. Close Combat, goodbye.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ooooo, yeah, Aurorus is going to get **** on so bad lmao. I like that one too, but I can't help thinking it looks like a Neopet.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I kinda see where you're coming from, but I have no problem with it. Hell, if Nintendo wanted to add Shoyru as a Pokemon I'd be all for it. But nobody else, the rest were garbage.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ohhh ****, you used to play Neopets, Bobby? I had a Xweetok back in the day. Even joined a guild, but I spent most of my time playing Gadgadsgame and Cheat until I got tired of all the inflation and sponsored ads everywhere.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Yeah, my sister and I used to play it a lot back in the day. I don't actually remember Xweetoks, but after looking them up I gotta say they're pretty cool looking. I remember only really liking Shoyru, so I guess I missed out on some cool ones. Most of them are still really ugly, though. But I never joined a guild or anything, mostly because until about 2 years ago I used to be very uncomfortable with the idea of talking to people I didn't know over the internet. So I spent most of my time playing those flash games they had, like NeoQuest or that Pirate Cave game. I remember them having some pretty cool games.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
And now look at you, slinging underhanded insults over the internet like a pro. :p You've come a long way, my friend.

Granted, the average age of most Neopets users is/was probably like.... 12, so it was a pretty awkward crowd lol.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Yeah, I'm very happy with the way I turned out, and I feel like I have people like you and Tofer to thank for that. Since you guys kept MAKING FUN OF MY STYLE, I had to learn to find my own way to fight back. And then I sorta lost control and now I'm rude to everybody.

I also think part of the reason for that change is that back then I used to assume everybody online was older and cooler than me, so I was kinda intimidated to talk to anybody. Now I pretend that nobody's cooler than me, so I'm able to make fun of whoever. I'm the best.

Top Bottom