• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I should get all the top players to fly me out to APEX. That way they have more prize money and I get to go.

ESAM can start by donating $85 to teh ~auto fund.

Roller

Smash Legend
Cam. I feel that. Like. You have no idea. I literally fly back FROM NJ to Michigan one day, and drive BACK to NJ the next. It's ridiculous.

And I can't just delay my flight back because my parents are paying for it and won't let me miss (syllabus day BS) classes for a tourney. So I have to go back under the radar.

So dumb.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's hard to argue fashion with a Pikachu wearing sunglasses at night.
It is, if only because you're forced to agree this is the pinnacle of fashion. Then there's no longer an argument, since that requires differing viewpoints.

He can break the sum up into 8 smaller donations and call then Hanukkah presents.
Cracked up. Felt slightly guilty afterwards.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
^ I second that motion. Come on now, you know we don't accept **** like that around here.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Needs Season 1 Trixie

Speaking of which, DVD Box 1 Arrived and coincidently currently on Disc 1, Boast Busters

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Np.

Ponies can't be high quality.
I see.

Let's compare mlp and anime being uploaded on youtube and other video providers.

This is without torrent.

Mlp can straight up be recorded via tv to upload in hd, seen on hub, bought on itunes.

Anime can be recorded via tv and compressed to a lower quality on youtube, streamed in mostly bad english dub and sometimes in (netflix), and bought on iTunes in mostly bad english dub and maybe subtitles, and Compressed-in-compressed video and uploaded in a more lesser quality. etc.

Did I get that right? I should research more since all I said came from the top of my head.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Anime can straight up be recorded via TV to upload in HD (which anime is the first to do so, therefore the first to get taken down by licensers), seen on Adult Swim or Anime on Demand, and any licensed bought on iTunes.

Quality on YouTube is is dependant if it already aired in the US or not. If so, they're taken down already as aforementioned. If not, then you'd have to depend on whoever has Japanese television network to even capture the freshest of qualities. Also, there are a lot more anime-fanatics who are zealeous to upload any chance they get on a uncommon episode, thus increasing the chance of poor quality and subs.

MLP is one specific show in which you're trying to compare to Anime as a whole (any have the numbers on amount of existing anime?). It's not really concrete pair for comparison. Also, DVDs on either end exist, so why bother complaining YouTube quality.

All that aside, why even bother with video-upload services and their user-dependent quality when the main point is the show itself.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Np.

I see.

Let's compare mlp and anime being uploaded on youtube and other video providers.

This is without torrent.

Mlp can straight up be recorded via tv to upload in hd, seen on hub, bought on itunes.

Anime can be recorded via tv and compressed to a lower quality on youtube, streamed in mostly bad english dub and sometimes in (netflix), and bought on iTunes in mostly bad english dub and maybe subtitles, and Compressed-in-compressed video and uploaded in a more lesser quality. etc.

Did I get that right? I should research more since all I said came from the top of my head.
Ah...this isn't what I meant originally when I said that.

Top Bottom