• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Is this a "Kenny's gay" joke or a "Kenny's a troll in the closet" joke.

Either way I'm going to respond with "your mom".

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Is this a "Kenny's gay" joke or a "Kenny's a troll in the closet" joke.

Either way I'm going to respond with "your mom".
lol. I'll respond with, you are very deep in the closet.

PS: Kenny, stop hating me so much...nothing has changed :(.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
lol. I'll respond with, you are very deep in the closet.

PS: Kenny, stop hating me so much...nothing has changed :(.
Of course he's deep. You put him in my Hammerspace closet. Get him out. >:( I don't want him touching the Black Dwarf Star I have in there. I'm saving it for a rainy day when I want to throw a celestial object at someone.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Instead of throwing that star, throw some Rare Candies my way, will ya? What do those even taste like?
They taste like the most epic and intense of boss battles with a burst of sweet victory. How else would they be an instant level up?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
He should be below Oli and IC's AT LEAST.

Definitely the IC's. Those two have done so much to just be ignored and cheated out of their deserved spots =[

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
idk i think that will mean more pika players, which is good, but at the same time will lose the surprise value =/

(thats the only way i do semi well now haha)

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I was suprised pika passed oli, but I can see why. I think Oli and G&W shouldve switched. Everyone thinks their character is a lot higher then it is because of the format change, pikachu would probably be B based on the way the last one was set up (I liked that one more).

Pika is definitely ahead of ICs for now. Even ignoring that the best pika main consistently beats the best IC main (except once or twice recently), the fact that they own some matchups harder seems to make you disregard that IC's have a much greater need for a secondary. Pika can do it on his own even if it is a task. But Ill take having lots of neutral and weak matchup advantages and few weak disadvantages over lots of strong advantages and a few formidable disadvantages.

Also, twas a good night tonight. And Lakers, woooooo!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, recently Lain's been doing better than Thrzy and on his current momentum it just seems as if he's only going to do better from here.

And it seems as if Olimar has better match ups with the characters higher than him.

They do seem close anyway though, I just think it's too soon to put Pika past them.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I was so happy to see Pikachu and ICs spots. :3

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What Tag & Kenny said. Still makes me happy inside that he's so high, though. =X

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm happy that he's high, but also unhappy because there will be a large amount of people coming in to main pikachu now that he's higher up on the list.

Good thing I started with him before all of this. ^_^

Also one last thought about the list. Sheik being 24th makes me feel sad inside...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Also one last thought about the list. Sheik being 24th makes me feel sad inside...
Eff Sheik, what about Zelda?! Any TO who doesn't use D tier in low tier tournies is gonna get their neck broken. :mad: I want her to be my low tier main.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Sheik isn't that good. She can build damage quickly, but gimpablility is what is keeping her so low on the tier list. That, and the fact that no one does well with her in tourney.

I hope more people main Pika. The only reason he is so high on the tier list is because of Anther. We need more people to rep him.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Hopefully, others will. I can't really count myself seeing as how I use at least 5 different characters during a tourney.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
I, personally, am VERY pleased with Pika's placing on the tiers now. He's high enough that he is a formidable contender in any serious tournament, yet not so high that you'll see Pika mains left and right (like a snake or meta knight). I honestly think that he's in that sweet spot of being good enough to compete with all the other High Tier characters, yet low enough to still have some surprise factor to him. He is in exactly the spot where I like my characters (or in a more general sense, competitive play styles) to be.

I was also extremely pleased with the new placements of both ZSS and Ice Climbers. I feel that ZSS could go up one more spot, but even still, I think she's finally around where she should be. The Ice Climbers I was actually more excited to see the new placement of than Pikachu. I've felt that they've had a lot of potential, but weren't really being recognized for it. I will definitely be picking them up as my third sometime in the future (for now, I still have work to do one my Pika =O).

I am also a huge fan of the new ranking system. I feel it does a good job of organizing the characters with respect to their competitive viability. My understanding of it, is that anyone in the "High Tier" category is a suitable main for anyone who wishes to place first in any tournament - someone who takes thier game seriously. Those in "Mid Tier" are suitable seconds, as well as mains in a casual setting. Finally, those in "Low Tier" are strictly for casual players or for "for fun" characters.

Within these three super tiers, the ordering then gives you a good idea of each characters relative strength in relation to the other characters of that tier. For example, while Pikachu is just as viable as Wario for competitive play, a Pikachu main will need to work a little harder to place high.

Overall, I'm immensely pleased with v3.0 - I think all of the placings are very fair, and I think that the new tier system is excellent. I've always disliked the way tiers were represented, and I think this new method does an excellent job of presenting the information in a very fair and informative way.

I, for one, definitely feel that I've got the beans to match Anther in level of skill with Pikachu. I'll have a lot more time to devote to improving my game in about a week when summer gets here. I think there are a lot of us Pika-mains who have it in us as well to reach Anther levels of skill, it'll just take dedication and a positive outlook. I'm excited to see how all of us improve throughout the rest of the year, and I really look forward to farther contributing to the pikachu community.

Meow.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I, for one, definitely feel that I've got the beans to match Anther in level of skill with Pikachu. I'll have a lot more time to devote to improving my game in about a week when summer gets here. I think there are a lot of us Pika-mains who have it in us as well to reach Anther levels of skill, it'll just take dedication and a positive outlook. I'm excited to see how all of us improve throughout the rest of the year, and I really look forward to farther contributing to the pikachu community.
This is the kind of attitude we should all have.

<3 Kitt

bigman40

Smash Master
You want to get up to Anther's skill, put forth the effort and time. I've put in, at least, more than 3000 hours into my Yoshi, and I'm still going lol. My pika will be getting up there too, so I know I'ma be putting in alot of hours to get him where I want him to be.

Top Bottom