• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Nordal

Smash Lord
Southern is another one of those accents that can either be amazing or horrendous. It's usually not very consistently good, but when it is... dear lord.

Roller

Smash Legend
So. Since starting classes again, I've been running 7 miles each day. But now I always feel fine 5 minutes after I finish? Like. No soreness or anything. So I'm upping it to a morning 6-7 mile run, and an evening 6-7 mile run each day. Which is essentially a half marathon split in two. Virtually every day.

If I can actually do this and not kill myself in the process...

Probably going to be using the elliptical for at least one of them each day so my joints don't get completely ****ed.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Roller

Smash Legend
Feeling good after the first one, which I did on an increased difficulty on the elliptical. (I tend to use a higher difficulty on the machines 'cause I think they aren't quite as efficient otherwise. idk if that's correct. but w/e.)

I'm hoping having discipline in an arduous workout routine, along with the type of food I'm eating (trying to eat healthier) will eventually lead to increased discipline in the rest of my life.

Especially in my education/career (after I graduate). And in smash as well [though less concerned about this one. Plus the discipline I developed in training for smash last year is what showed me I could stick to something and display any degree of discipline in the first place.].

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I run half a mile fro the parking lot to my class to turn in my HW (if its not on time he doesn't take it). I'm not getting too tired doing it now lol

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I go to the gym after my classes everyday, and I always run a mile (as well as do a bunch of other cardio stuff). I just weighed myself yesterday and I've already gone from ~156 to 152 in just two short weeks, so I bet I'll weigh nothing by Apex.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i'm like 200 lbs at 6'2"? all i do is go on a long walk when i feel like it.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
The only time I ever gave a **** about my weight was when I was the best woman at my best friend's wedding. When I went to pick out dresses with his fiancee and the bridesmaids, i tried one on, ordered it, and then when it arrived at my house I was too fat to put it on. The wedding was in 2 months and it was too soon to size up. So I dieted and exercised like a mother****er for the next two months, and it fit by the time the wedding rolled around. Afterwards though I've found it hard to care about my weight again.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I.... am at my heaviest atm (140 @5'7"). Only ~6 lbs over my normal weight, but I'd prefer if that number didn't get any bigger. Biggest motivation is not having the funds to buy new pants lol.

My weight's usually pretty stable though, within 10 lbs or so. The lowest I've ever been was 127 when I ran CC everyday in high school.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
181lbs. I was 201 before.
Height went from 5'8 to 5'9.
I think my shoe size stops at 11 and a half.

I'm doing pretty good I guess.

since

Smash Journeyman
Roller and I just talked about this the other day.

Ever since I moved I've been eating a lot less and walking a lot more because I'm poor and that's my only way of getting around.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, Leaf is gonna be uber skinny soon. Once it actually gets legitimately cold here, his body is going to shiver off every ounce of fat from his non-acclimated southern ***.

Also, I haven't weighed myself since I got back to school, but I should be ~150 @ 5'11, possibly a lb or 2 less. Regardless, I'll probably be down to at least 140 again by Thanksgiving if I keep this up. Eating WAY more protein now though, and doing mild upper body stuff during cardio so that hopefully I don't get quite that low, and look like a stick again. (none of you saw me at my lowest, 136.) I actually have a mildly visible core now though, which is kinda cool. Maybe I'll start doing crunches more consistently in a few weeks and begin working on a 6 pack...

Really though, I just hate how I'm genetically predisposed to store a slightly higher % of fat in my face than avg. Like. I never really have a problem with my belly... It's always my face. (fun fact, you can see my ribs before my cheek bones during weight loss.) And friggin baggy clothes don't help that.

I think that helps keep me motivated though. So. There's that.

Good luck to all you other pikas with your running/walking/etc. :reverse:

Scatz

Smash Champion
If you're trying to gain muscle, 14 miles a day is not what you should be doing.
Truth.

I'm currently around 150 lbs after working out. Not bad considering I started [working out] at 130. Was gonna try to hit 170-180 by the end of this year, but currently in the off season of my workout since I'm getting cardio from dancing and running around (filming).

Still, I need to hit my perfect pushups and handstand pushups again. I've been slacking too much.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Michigan doesn't get that cold.

222 lbs. last I checked. Don't really care. I'm kinda hoping I die young anyways. :applejack:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I've been going to the gym with my buddy. I'm so weak @_@ but I'm getting better.

Also swimming twice a week for an hourish to burn off some of the fat.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You know what time it is.

In no particular order:

I'd go for australian. It's pretty much my most favorite accent to hear.
I have doubts about my ability to execute that one, but hey, if we're gonna work on one, go for broke I guess.

My favorite accent is definitely French. That **** is so enticing, and I love the way it flows. If I hear somebody talking in French or with a French accent, I immediately turn to where it is coming from. Most of the time I'm disappointed when I see the person, though LMAO.
Agreed on the flow. Almost want to learn French for that reason.

Almost. Got other priorities.

I also noticed my profile got posted in the OP and I've been given the Troublemaker badge.

I like where this is going.
Agreed.

I prefer an accent I understand on my females. Just saiyan.

the best part about accents- noone thinks they have one :D
Oh I know full well I have one. I just couldn't tell you what it is, exactly.

A touch of southern and then a whole bunch of no ****ing clue.

I like southern accents. :applejack:
Southern accents are wonderful. :applejack:
Flattery will get you everywhere.

I apparently have a Valley girl accent. :o

:phone:
Actually, I keep reading your posts in a Valley girl accent.

Pika boards should do a Tough Mudder event.
I'd like to see that.

But actually the first thing that came to mind was this:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm kinda hoping I die young anyways. :applejack:
Man, even if you die young, you don't want it to be a horrible and possibly prolonged death. If your weight is the cause, it's probably going to be a very uncomfortable journey to the end. :c

EDIT: @Red: 5'11"? Actually, no, I'm gonna go with 5'10" instead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man, even if you die young, you don't want it to be a horrible and possibly prolonged death. If your weight is the cause, it's probably going to be a very uncomfortable journey to the end. :c
Meh, I'll manage. I'll be dead in the end anyways. :applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd rather die sooner to get this life over with. But not too soon cause i'm still refining myself to be ready to leave the world at any time

Nordal

Smash Lord
There's no guarantee of another life or an afterlife. Make the most of what you've got, and try to make it to an old age so that you have nostalgia and memories to be happy with.

Top Bottom