• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Roller

Smash Legend
Anybody have any good oldschool rpgs to recommend? I somewhat feel like playing one. Thinking about replaying one of the older FFs, KH (even though it's newschool), or Fire Emblem or Pokemon or something..

I'm also strongly considering picking up playing the Pokemon TCG competitively. I used to compete hardcore in M:tG, but it got too expensive. So I dropped it and got more dedicated to the comparatively cheaper hobby of smashing instead. I'd still play smash, but there's something about cardgames that I just love more than anything. And Pokemon was the first one I got into back in the day..

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Man, all my game reccs are prob too recent. :c
EDIT: I lied. Play Grandia series.

& lol Jimmy, the sad part is that stupidity like that doesn't even shock me anymore.

Roller

Smash Legend
I've played through the original 5 or 6 times. Never gets old. Only done II twice. And I guess I technically played KH:CoM twice, since I played it when it came out for GBA, and again when they made the (better) PS2 version.

Chrono Trigger is actually a really good idea. Is it one of those SNES games that is mad expensive tho? If not, totally getting it for SNES and playing it on that. But I assume it is, in which case I'll just emulate it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If a kid would've run at that pigeon it would've flown away. The kid would have probably gotten run over tho.
Anybody have any good oldschool rpgs to recommend? I somewhat feel like playing one. Thinking about replaying one of the older FFs, KH (even though it's newschool), or Fire Emblem or Pokemon or something...
Fire Emblem games and Golden Sun 1 or 2 are fantastic. Chrono Trigger's legit too.

Roller

Smash Legend
Golden sun!!!! How had I forgotten! That's like the #1 game series I've wanted to get into, but haven't yet.

Also. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get into the Pokemon tcg now. I just really miss that style of game.

But I'm waiting until September to actually get the cards I'll need for the deck(s) I want to make. 'cause apparently they are coming out with $15 tins containing cards which are currently $50 each on the secondary market. Which is sweet. 'cause the cost is why I quit magic, and this dramatically helps that.

I'm really ****ing excited to get into it tho. I love nerdy hobbies. =]

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ugh, not enough appreciation for cult games in here.

Updated the OP btw. Removed inactive people and Ephy's tower since SWF messed it up. :c

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Golden sun!!!! How had I forgotten! That's like the #1 game series I've wanted to get into, but haven't yet.

Also. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get into the Pokemon tcg now. I just really miss that style of game.

But I'm waiting until September to actually get the cards I'll need for the deck(s) I want to make. 'cause apparently they are coming out with $15 tins containing cards which are currently $50 each on the secondary market. Which is sweet. 'cause the cost is why I quit magic, and this dramatically helps that.

I'm really ****ing excited to get into it tho. I love nerdy hobbies. =]
I wanted to get back into PokeTCG but my latest cards are (were?) out of the current rotation. $15 tins are a beast deal.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
All my cards are too, but I have thousands of dollars worth of magic cards, so I'm gonna sell a few of those to help get me started.
How well has the collector's value of Magic held up over the years? I know Magic is still fairly big but some TCGs have suffered a bit.

Roller

Smash Legend
Magic has actually only been growing the past few years. And especially with older formats becoming more common to high level tournaments, card value have stayed really consistent/occasionally increasing depending on if new uses for the card result from newer cards/abilities.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Dunno if I could ever get seriously into a card game, but Pokemon TCG was pretty damn fun on the Game Boy.

oh, Kaylo!, could you update my pic with that one I posted here like 2 weeks ago?
Done. Teddy Bear Roller is officially gone. :(

Huzzah, I just realised that my Pokerep was changed to Marill. Thanks KayLo, you're the best.
You're pretty okay too, Phoenix. :embarrass:

Top Bottom