• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Scatz

Smash Champion
loads of sweating cavemen in one big room
That is why I can't stand going to any tournaments these days. People are literally stupid when it comes to hygiene. At least spray ya smelly *** with freebreeze.

Roller

Smash Legend
Also.

Update on me running and losing weight and whatnot..

Closing in on 30 lbs lost in under 2 months. When I wasn't even "fat" to begin with. Why do people who want to lose weight ***** so much about how hard it is? I eat more than any of my friends/family I'm eating with.. Daily. Going to "All you can eat" deals at a Japanese place nearby, as well as at Buffalo Wild Wings multiple times each week.. Eating bowls full of ice cream on nights in-between, not using any weight loss pills/throwing up/starving myself/etc. and this is still easy.

People are bad at stuff.

Alsoalso. I'm gonna cut down on the running/walking/running stairs/rollerblading and start building more upper body muscle once I get to 30 lbs under where I started. But I don't want to get huge or anything. Just like. Enough for people to go, "Oh, that guy has muscles."

Alsoalsoalso. Why do people pay so much for gym memberships, when you can find ways to work out just as hard in/around your home with minimal imagination and without spending a dime???

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Like I think I've said before, it's all in your head. As long as you really want to lose weight, you will. Anyone who doesn't get results just doesn't want it enough.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@why get a gym membership

Weight lifting kits are expensive and need space. Easier to get a gym membership. Sure there are body exercises, but weight lifting lets you target specific muscles so you work out one body part a day and let it rest while focusing on another part.

Roller

Smash Legend
Do pushups.

If those are not enough, do clap push-ups.

If those aren't enough, do one handed push-ups.

If you want to do other muscles do crunches or squats or whatever, if those aren't enough then put a backpack on full of water bottles or something while doing the squats...

It's not that hard to think of stuff.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Also.

Update on me running and losing weight and whatnot..

Closing in on 30 lbs lost in under 2 months. When I wasn't even "fat" to begin with. Why do people who want to lose weight ***** so much about how hard it is? I eat more than any of my friends/family I'm eating with.. Daily. Going to "All you can eat" deals at a Japanese place nearby, as well as at Buffalo Wild Wings multiple times each week.. Eating bowls full of ice cream on nights in-between, not using any weight loss pills/throwing up/starving myself/etc. and this is still easy.

People are bad at stuff.

Alsoalso. I'm gonna cut down on the running/walking/running stairs/rollerblading and start building more upper body muscle once I get to 30 lbs under where I started. But I don't want to get huge or anything. Just like. Enough for people to go, "Oh, that guy has muscles."

Alsoalsoalso. Why do people pay so much for gym memberships, when you can find ways to work out just as hard in/around your home with minimal imagination and without spending a dime???
i disagree. people have different metabolisms and genes, it all effects your ability to lose and gain weight. thankfully i can lose weight real fast if i want to, but some people, especially older people, have difficult losing weight

Scatz

Smash Champion
May not be hard to think of it, but you need accurate weight and/or work ethics to target what you want. Besides, you're only going for being cut. People that go to the gym (most anyways) go to gain muscle best way possible.

Also what mai Raichu bro said.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Do pushups.

If those are not enough, do clap push-ups.

If those aren't enough, do one handed push-ups.

If you want to do other muscles do crunches or squats or whatever, if those aren't enough then put a backpack on full of water bottles or something while doing the squats...

It's not that hard to think of stuff.
You need an exercise for shoulders and biceps so add lifting a box over your head then lowering and raising it while above your head.

Roller

Smash Legend
@ Stealth: Your genes actually have very little to do with it. Your zip code, income, sleep schedule, stress level, physical activity, friend base, and childhood environment
ALL individually have WAAAAY more to do with it.

The average 20 something guy burns 2-2.5k Calories a day to perform natural bodily functions. Genetic predisposition only shifts this by very little. It's a very common misconception.

Plus drinking like 5 bottles of cold water per day would speed up your metabolism more than genes would be affecting it.

Unless you have a genetic disease, genes are just an excuse.

Also, you probably think you can lose weight faster because of the fact it's easy to lose like 6 lbs in water weight alone in just a couple days. That and the fact that the more extra weight you have on you, the more calories you have to expend to move yourself. Meaning as long as you are over weight, it will take less time running/swimming/whateverelse to burn the same number of calories as a fit person. But once you reach a more standard weight, your rate of fat burning will decrease as well and you wouldn't be able to lose it as fast.

You can look up info on it if you want, but genes are just a very small portion of what determines your weight. The one with the most influence would probably be whether or not you have a Y chromosome..

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't go to the gym unless it's free or heavily discounted, but I like the atmosphere of working out somewhere other than home. It's like having a designated office space for doing work.... just gets me more focused.

Plus I have almost zero discipline, so if I'm at home, I can easily slack off or stop. If I'm at the gym, I'm gonna look silly sitting around doing nothing or clearly not trying, and the thought of a wasted trip usually stops me from quitting early.

Also it's more convenient to have any type of equipment you could possibly need right there. Without having to MacGyver ****.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What KayLo said. If I'm at home working out it's so easy to take a break and lie down on a comfy sofa or bed, just stop and eat something or do something else to distract you from how tired I am. Like now I'm working out, but I felt the need to go on smashboards and make this post. If I'm at the gym I just look for something else to work on after I'm done with the previous sets. I'm going to start going to the gym more now actually because I've been lazy not going cuz of school/new job.

Roller

Smash Legend
I can understand doing it for the different atmosphere. I personally don't have a problem with giving up on working out at home, but I have that problem doing schoolwork for sure. I have to go down to a computer lab (luckily every building on campus has one) to get anything done. Hadn't thought of it from that perspective.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Kind of my first time hiking through a forest today.

And my first time encountering a deer.....who was apparently about to run right towards me. That was completely unexpected.

._.

Top Bottom