• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I was only there for about 20 minutes to be honest. ;; To watch Prime and Verm race each other in DKC2 and Castlevania.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Verm and I have been dual streaming speed runs of old school games for the past few days and I thought I'd share this with the good people at the Disco Room Pika boards. :D

Here are the scores so far:

K Prime - 4

-Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
-MMX (buster only)
-MMX2 (buster only, no power ups or armor)
-DKC2 (part 1)

Verm - 5

-Contra 3 (Hard)
-Dracula X (x2)
-Castlevania IV
-DKC2 (part 2)

Tonight we're doing:
-Turtles in Time (snes)
-Sunset Riders (snes)
-DKC2 (snes)

We're starting in a couple of hours, so be sure to check it out!

Vermanubis vs K Prime - Dual Stream!
This is all happening in the Pikachat, btw.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
What are you guys even doing in there? The last Xat I used to visit eventually degraded into a LoL Xat, and that was boring.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That's all? DKC2's the only good game in the whole list, and I'd rather watch myself play it over people I don't really know. I also don't really know Espy, so his drunk commentating does nothing for me either.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I hate to say I don't think I'm a lightweight. From what Espy drank tonight, it wasn't until the 16th shot that I started being drunk with mini-typos.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Stealth, it lasted for like... 5 minutes tops. (no)

Also you didn't even say bye! That rudeness. ;-;

Roller

Smash Legend
Seriously tho. Is there any way to get him back?

Like. Eventually?

Also.

So. I just signed up to do this canoe trek thingy in August through Minnesota?

And. I just started running this week to get back in shape for it, and I'm already like. Addicted to it.

And this happened last summer for a while too, but then I got shin splints from some combination of my improper running form, shoes, and going from no exercise to a **** ton all of the sudden.

(...And then I went to Genesis and we ate at In-N-Out Burger like 1-3 times a day, and steak houses and McDonalds in between, and that was the end of that.)

So. I'm trying to avoid that this time? I have proper shoes for it, and I'm trying to keep to

one 30 minute run + 30 min walk every other day.

and a one hour walk/rollerblading on the off days. (possibly adding a core/strength routine on these days)

But yeah, I'm already so into it that I want to just keep running after I take a short break. Is there any way to do this, and avoid injuring myself for sure? Like, since I'm using proper shoes/better form this time, would that allow me to do more? Or should I still just keep it slow?

Also trying to keep my habitually gluttonous eating in check.

Gonna get healthy and stuff. :reverse:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Leaf is just going to keep suiciding each time we collect the dragon balls, but it's the thought that counts I guess.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Keep it slow Roller. You get Shin Splints from overdoing exercises. I'd say just slowly work up to it so that won't happen again.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo! forgot me! I sad now. =(
I posted the last one here! But I didn't know you could still Xat anyways. ;__;

We gotta collect the dragon balls.
Lmao.

But yeah, I'm already so into it that I want to just keep running after I take a short break. Is there any way to do this, and avoid injuring myself for sure? Like, since I'm using proper shoes/better form this time, would that allow me to do more? Or should I still just keep it slow?
What Biggy said. I did XC in high school, and there were always those (crazy) people who wanted to push waaaay too hard without working up to it.... but if your body isn't ready, you're gonna **** up your knees/legs/ankles/feet guaranteed. Running is brutal on those parts of the body even under the best conditions.

- I'd definitely add that core/strength routine to break things up.

- Run on lower impact surfaces if at all possible: grass, trails, dirt, sand if you're near any, crushed granite, etc. (They also have the side benefit of working you out harder.) If you absolutely prefer running on something flat, tracks designed for running -- the ones made with that slightly cushy material -- are better than asphalt or concrete. As a rule, pretty much anything is better than concrete.

- Support braces. If you keep getting repeat shin splints, I'd definitely recommend buying some.... they look kinda goofy, but it's better than messing up your legs if you love running that much.

Top Bottom