• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh it is WAY better than McDonalds, but so is like....the frozen white castles and chunky soup.

In N Out < Wendys (I really like wendys) IMO.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's all about their chicken though, Crispy chicken sandwich/asiago chicken ranch club/nuggets

Oh, but yeah Frosty's are like the 2nd most perfect dessert thing from fast food next to Cookout's Chocolate Cheesecake Oreo Milkshake.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
i much prefer mcdonalds burgers to wendys :x
i much prefer mcdonalds burgers

mcdonalds burgers
McDonald's burgers are the worst things ever. Like...they literally taste like nothing. Their sauces are legit though, but they are super fattening. Preferring anything from McDonald's over like...any other fastfood place (besides their fries) is unheard of until this day in the age population of not young as ****.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
im am a one hundred percent taste based person, **** nutrition :D and i dunno i really like mcd's burgers :D obv their fries are godlike. never had whataburger, need to have some next time i see one. also considering most of my views about everything differs from ninety nine percent of the population it doesnt surprise me at all that i have completely different opinions. its to the point where my mom says i just disagree to disagree, when i dont really troll my mom, i just have that different of opinion from her -shrug- YAY FOR AUTISM

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
McDonalds patties are a real mystery.

Otherwise, here's a short quote from someone on this website.

Maroongirl said:
In sum, then: (1) yes, McDonald's does mix meat from dairy cows and steers--girl cows and boy (OK, ex-boy) cows, if you'll permit me to murder the terminology; (2) yes, the resultant product does have about 20 percent fat; (3) yes, the boy cow part does contribute much of the flavor; but (4) no, they don't use boy cow scraps, just standard cuts of beef.
So basically (according to the bolded text), We're homo for boy cows.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Cookout's Chocolate Cheesecake Oreo Milkshake.
I remember you mentioned this in an earlier discussion of fast food places in this thread. They needa bring that **** over to WC so I can get my hands on such godly treats.

Frosties are pretty beast too. I still prefer the In N Out shakes but the Frostie is definitely the superior major chain milkshake.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll read anything that helps me improve.

That said, two questions.

One, the thread you linked has a lot more general stuff than MU stuff, but you sound like you're looking more for a MU setup. Which are you focusing on?

Two, and most importantly, what's the proposed thread bringing to the table that hasn't already been brought? Not saying it wouldn't be doing so, mind, but for it to thrive and be a good resource, it's got to pull its weight, so it's best to answer that question early.

Hey, don't give me that look. I pull my weight in classy conversation.
It'd be a mixture of both. General pikachu info including some of the most common mistakes to avoid (spamming F-smash, anyone?) and things you might not be aware of. (For instance, D-throw to full hop N-air is a true combo up to 50% or so IF you dash-jump. A guaranteed 20% out of grab is nice, and yet I had no idea about that until I randomly came across KPrime's video on the subject.) The more character-specific stuff would be similar to a matchup thread, but IMO there's one key difference. You see, IIRC matchup threads usually stall out because they run into a matchup or series of match ups nobody knows much about and just sit there being useless. By doing it this way people can contribute immediately to the match ups they know, and simultaneously learn more about the ones they don't. Also, since it's a tips and tricks thread, there's also room for tips about mid-level play stuff that's important to know despite being a sub-optimal option and not often used at top level. (The classic example would be punishing MK's tornado and shuttle loop. The best MK's will never use these moves except when they're completely safe or almost so, and so punishing them isn't a huge factor in matches between ESAM and someone like M2K. However, mid-level MK's will quite happily spam those things all day, and if you don't know exactly what to do in response to them, you'll take a beating that could have been easily avoided.)

there is currently a 100 pikachu tricks thread that im working on and have been working on for about 2 months now lol. If you'd like to help me at all I could def use some help, pm me for more details about what im doing with it
I think I've seen that, actually. However, what I have in mind is less AT's and more practical tips and strategy.

(And I'm kinda sad my post got 2 replies and then ignored.)

Cassio

Smash Master
HAPPY BDAY ENNH

OK HERES THE DEFINITIVE FAST FOOD PLACE LIST

1) Carls Jr.
They dont have the best overall hamburger anymore (although they used to), but they do have the best overall menu. Hands down the best breakfast of any fastfood place, huge variety of good hamburgers and prices are reasonable especially with coupons. Carls Jr (hardees) da best.

2) Wendys
Ever since Wendy's redid their burgers and created the 'W', theyve had the best hamburger of any fast food place taking that from Carls Jr. Their chicken is not horrid like pretty much any fastfood place no named chick filet, and they the best side menu items like baked potatos, chili, frostees, fruit, milk, salads, fries, etc. They also have the best dollar menu.

3) In-n-out
Selection is very minor, but they used to have the best priced hamburger (2nd to the 'W' now) for its quality and by leaps and bounds the healthiest.

4) 5-guys
This is probably the best hamburger in terms of quality, but its freakin expensive. Gourmet fast food basically.

5) Tommy's
Also a bit expensive and you really have to be in the mood for it, but their chili and fries are sooooo good.

6) What-a-burger
Good burger, nothing to complain or write home about.

7) McDonalds
Literally the worst hamburger....but 3 dollars for a double cheesburger, drink and fries you really cant argue with the price. Plus they have probably the second best breakfast, which barely puts them ahead of jack-in-the-box.

6) Jack In the Box
This used to be my favorite, but they basically havent changed in forever. Sourdough jack is still great though and 24 hour breakfast.

8)BK etc.
uninspiring...although their commercials are good

NON BURGER FAST FOOD

1) Arbys
2)Chik-fil-a
3)7-Eleven
4)Del Taco
5)Little Ceasers
6)Taco Bell

Chik-fil-a would be first if they werent expensive.

BEST LOCAL CHAIN YOUVE NEVER HEARD OF

1) Anything in chicago. They keep all the good food to themselves.

Nordal

Smash Lord
HAPPY BDAY ENNH

1) Carls Jr.
They dont have the best overall hamburger anymore (although they used to), but they do have the best overall menu. Hands down the best breakfast of any fastfood place, huge variety of good hamburgers and prices are reasonable especially with coupons. Carls Jr (hardees) da best.
Seeing as I work there, I have to say this:

No
****ing

Way

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Chick Fil-A is cheaper than Arbys...

Also, if you switch BK and McDonalds, that seems about right (At least from the ones I know). I mean, BK has the kingwich, which is the BK version of the McGangbang, but it is vastly superior due to the superior quality of the BK burgers and the fact that the chicken sandwich is spicy. It's also 2.50$ for that and then you get a water and you full, unless you want fries in which case 3.50 + tax. Definitely worth the better quality.

Nordal

Smash Lord
My supervisor calls the Chicken Fillet the grease trap, and after making it myself, I'd have to agree. It's DISGUSTING AND IT'S SO POPULAR.

Cassio

Smash Master
Whats a kingwhich? That sounds kind of amazing. Im always wary about chicken at fastfood places though...like way more than beef. Id never get chicken from mcdonalds. I guess I never go to BK, I just think its similar to wendys and wendy's is better. Mcdonalds is the worst...but theyre so cheap ;;. Also arbys has a dollar menu, 2 jr beefs + mug root beer for $3 = <3.
Seeing as I work there, I have to say this:

No
****ing

Way
fffffff...Maybe I dont want to know, but it cant be worse than other places...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Damn, hot topic. I can't even be arsed to quote all this, so I'm mostly going to just sum a few things and collapse a bunch to make it visually digestible.

First and foremost, I don't know anything about In-N-Out that I didn't learn from The Big Lebowski, nor do I give a ****.

The collapse is directed square @ESAM. No hate, just happens to be the man with the most laid-out points. It's getting collapsed to save some space.

[COLLAPSE="@ESAM"]Wendy's burgers are awesome. Their chicken sandwiches are awesome. Their fries are mediocre at best. I can't remember the last frosty I've had so I'm remaining neutral.

I've never seen a Cookout but that milkshake sounds too awesome to argue.

I'm unfamiliar with a kingwich, but based on the comparison I'm going to suggest subbing in a single or double stacker for whatever burger is proposed. Which sounds tasty. Sounds like it's time for field research.

Frozen White Castles are awesome in a pinch, but I prefer to make my own.

Anyone who starts listing the top X fast food desserts either doesn't know about BK's Hershey's Sundae Pie, flat forgot, or is a ******** howler monkey. At the very least I'd be hard-pressed to rank it below any sort of ice-cream cone that didn't come with a free backrub and blowjob as part of the deal.

McDonald's burgers aren't the worst things ever - they're legit, but they're outclassed by most anyone. In fact they serve as a perfect litmus test. If a burger can't outclass a McDouble, then ****, what the hell did you buy it for? McDouble's cheap.

[/COLLAPSE]
Now for the rest of the food talk, @ Cassio, Nordal, and Stealth:

[COLLAPSE="@ Cassio, Nordal, and Stealth"]

I guess I never go to BK, I just think its similar to wendys and wendy's is better.
I'd be more inclined to agree if you at least listed BK over McDonald's. Or if you combined the two lists, since Arby's and Chik-Fil-A outrank at leat a few of those hardcore. But then, for 6 out of those 9, there isn't one anywhere near me. I'd list at least Rally's, Sonic, and Steak N Shake in there somewhere. Maybe even KFC, though that's stretching it.

BK and Wendy's are damn near nothing alike. I preferred BK until Wendy's got their new burgers, now I'm torn.

My supervisor calls the Chicken Fillet the grease trap, and after making it myself, I'd have to agree. It's DISGUSTING AND IT'S SO POPULAR.
Grease makes **** tasty. Ergo, popular.

QUOTE=Stealth Raptor;14026807]obv their fries are godlike.[/QUOTE]

**** no they're not.

And in closing, you know how I could have avoided half this typing? Rally's Baconzilla with a Fully Loaded Fries. Ta-da. I win. King of the ****ing mountain.

Now enough food talk, you're making Red hungry.

[/COLLAPSE]

And now for something completely different.

Oh snap, change the title. We need to celebrate!

You always have to hate/dislike everything we love. Why.

Why can't you be like us. Why.

Anyways, what do you guys think about the new thick-cut fries they have?
Respectively:

HAPPY BDAY ENNH.

I want that cake.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Maybe I didn't get them last time, but I didn't see much difference.

(And I'm kinda sad my post got 2 replies and then ignored.)
What ignored.

Anyway, has my support, but I think you might need an editor. That post, for instance, without changing the text, would've been a little easier to read like this:

[COLLAPSE="Edit'd."]It'd be a mixture of both. General pikachu info including some of the most common mistakes to avoid (spamming F-smash, anyone?) and things you might not be aware of.

For instance, D-throw to full hop N-air is a true combo up to 50% or so IF you dash-jump. A guaranteed 20% out of grab is nice, and yet I had no idea about that until I randomly came across KPrime's video on the subject.

The more character-specific stuff would be similar to a matchup thread, but IMO there's one key difference. You see, IIRC matchup threads usually stall out because they run into a matchup or series of match ups nobody knows much about and just sit there being useless. By doing it this way people can contribute immediately to the match ups they know, and simultaneously learn more about the ones they don't.

Also, since it's a tips and tricks thread, there's also room for tips about mid-level play stuff that's important to know despite being a sub-optimal option and not often used at top level. The classic example would be punishing MK's tornado and shuttle loop. The best MK's will never use these moves except when they're completely safe or almost so, and so punishing them isn't a huge factor in matches between ESAM and someone like M2K. However, mid-level MK's will quite happily spam those things all day, and if you don't know exactly what to do in response to them, you'll take a beating that could have been easily avoided.
[/COLLAPSE]
And that's just with a few well-placed presses of the enter key and a few nixed parentheses.

AND THE POST'S STILL ****ING BIG. WHAT GIVES.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
get wrecked espy lmao.

i like taco bell, but im also a college student with no money. i like the beefy 5 layer burrito for like 89 cents. If you wana knock that then go for it, but unless youve tried it stfu cuz its really good for 89 cents

also, in n out is pretty damn good for the price, not sure why so many out of state ppl have this expectation that its supposed to be like godlike lol, but if you think their burgers arent as good as carls or anywhere else when comparing taste and caloric content, you seriously arent awake.

Top Bottom