• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Friendlies and MM are completely different :x

Something at stake just kicks the mind to focus better

Unless stealth is including friendies

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Nah, see.

You pick up a controller, you have no excuse.

I think it's an insult to hold back on someone just because you don't think something is on the line.

...unless you have already played like 60 matches with the guy.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Money makes me play worse. Friendlies are totally legit :)
Any kind of pressure (mm, tourney, whatever) makes me play way worse. I used to get so nervous in tourney, my hands would shake. :( And I always played worse when people were watching or came over in the middle of a match.

It's why I never did money matches ever, lol. (Okay, maybe one or two that I knew I had no chance of losing....)

Roller

Smash Legend
I try in friendlies, but they are what I use to try out new techniques/styles/ideas I have as well. Or use techniques that are not as efficient, but more fun for me/demoralizing to the other player/entertaining to watch. As a result, though I am trying to win in all friendlies I play, I may not be trying to the best of my ability at all times.

And I think Leaf is just as good as Stealth in the ditto, and that pikapika is way better than both of them.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
like, i dont hold back, but the amount of concentration i put into a tourney match is just on a different level then a friendly. im sorry, its not that i sandbag i just dont play as well :/ trust me its not intentional, i HATE people who sandbag me as well. and yes we are tied leaf, i will break that in our mm easy.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
I couldn't imagine ever actually doing a money match, for fear of playing worse myself. =X

You know, unless someone else pays money for me. Then I'll be fine.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I used to sandbag all the time, even in tourney. I've gotten better about trying recently, but I tend to choke a lot under pressure :/ I used to not do MMs because of that, but then I realized that the only time I do play well is in MMs x)

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
like, i dont hold back, but the amount of concentration i put into a tourney match is just on a different level then a friendly. im sorry, its not that i sandbag i just dont play as well :/ trust me its not intentional, i HATE people who sandbag me as well. and yes we are tied leaf, i will break that in our mm easy.
I can kinda understand that, I guess it applies better at a higher level, too.

But that all wasn't my point anyways. What you said was Prime was the only one that could beat you, and our score shows that I beat you.

And I think Leaf is just as good as Stealth in the ditto
I'm soooooo super honored right now, you just fixed my weekend. :D

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
How come I can never get away with my bondage-y avatars?
: cries in corner:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Since you are offering me ice cream I feel inclined to agree.
Though I'll still pout.

Reizilla

If Leaf ever offers any of you a bakie, don't take it. It's always your least favorite. *******.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I can kinda understand that, I guess it applies better at a higher level, too.

But that all wasn't my point anyways. What you said was Prime was the only one that could beat you, and our score shows that I beat you.
and what i say still stands. want to prove me wrong? beat me at whobo. i dont make claims i dont think i can back up. LETS HYPE IT UP SON

also poor thugz is my punching bag. i three stocked his pikachu with samus and the rest of the games were close.....ish

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I actually dislike playing Samus as Pika. The matchup feels extremely weird even though it's kinda easy at the same time.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i find it interesting to play on either side. if you know the matchup its very easy for pikachu. but if the samus can get the read on you **** does it hurt for pikachu LOL

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I always have fun with Pika vs Samus.
I stopped getting read, and had even more fun.

If Leaf ever offers any of you a bakie, don't take it. It's always your least favorite. *******.
LOOOOOL
Bacon flavor cookie anyone?

and what i say still stands. want to prove me wrong? beat me at whobo. i dont make claims i dont think i can back up. LETS HYPE IT UP SON
AWWWWWWW EYYYYYYYEAH
You gonna be at WHOBO?

We need a livestream match. Hype +83

Cassio

Smash Master
In friendlies Ill usually try, the biggest difference is Ill push more technical stuff in friendlies so I screw up a lot. My tech skill is bad so in tournament I avoid things Im likely to screw up, although I've still been described as risky.

For pika dittos of the tournament folk this is how my personal order goes...

Pikpik: technically precise but limited in what he'll do. beat me fairly bad
K Prime: great with combos and follow ups, and knowledgable i.e. knowing which attacks or tactics to use at particular times, etc. would barely beat me but did so consistently.
Stealth: great with mixups and spacing. beat me more times than the reverse
Nordal: aggressive but very good at it. beat me in a 3 game pools set, though the last match was tainted with a game changing SD.
Leaf: campy but good at it. beat him more than the reverse.

on wifi Ive also played Brick, FZ, and Volt. Brick is campy, FZ goes for reads, volt is hard to predict.

Also I read this thread on occasion, I just rarely post.

Reizilla

Hey, I just noticed the thread title :bee:

Aren't we 1-1?
I mean, sure, friendlies, but you know.
Actually, Leaf, that win was a fluke. It's really 1-0 in Stealth's favor. You'll have to beat him again before you can earn that first victory.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pikpik: technically precise but limited in what he'll do. beat me fairly bad
You've got to be joking @"technically precise". That's like.... the opposite of his playstyle.

From what I've seen and talked to him about, he's way more about reading people and punishing their dumb habits. (In fact, his overall tech skill kinda sucks considering how good he is.)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Wasn't Pikapik unable to buffer grabs until recently? I'm pretty sure I saw a post saying that not too long ago.

I think I only played Pika dittos against Stealth and Thug at Genesis. I think I played low tier against everyone else's Pika and Lucario against Roller's ICs once he treated my Pikachu like a lawn dart.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'll ride pp's **** all day in the ditto and ICs matchup, but he is NOT the most technical pika. At all. Prime, thrz, esam, leaf, stealth, all the decent pikas for the most part are more technical. Heck, mine is more technical. But the majority of us use the tech skill as a crutch and as such don't put as much stock into the basics of the game. PP is good because of his reading and adaptability. Not because of pika gimmicks.

Top Bottom