• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Weaknesses

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Just an update on what I said was bothering me

1. Never shielding or dodging, I kinda went the opposite and went overboard and did it a bit too much. I'm now settling into a more middle ground where I kinda now remind myself I'm doing it too much or too little of it and I've managed to be able to respond to an attack with a shield in time.

2. Never grabbing, I still tend not to grab, doing it once or twice to kinda of mix things up. But really depends on the character: I never use grab with T.Link but a lot more with the Ice Climbers.

3. Getting into patterns, I now can tell if I start getting into patterns with my characters meaning I still do a little but I don't get into long ones.

Think now I have to work on stopping consciously reminding myself of things and becoming unconsciously better. Also, need to improve my Wario as I like playing as him but tend to do worse than my other mains

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
I don't grab often.
I tend to use the same style over and over so I get kinda predictable.
:<
And killing tends to be a problem.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I never shield or dodge enough and tend to make bad calls when recovering which generally lands me right in front of my opponent screwing me over, I'm also very in consistent with my actual ability to play though I have been losing more often lately than winning :urg:

Shadia

Smash Cadet
1. my DI is terrible, I just can't seem to get the hang of it.
2. I'm pretty predictable...
3. Olimar olimar olimar..., I don't know what it is about him but I always seem to lose somehow, his moves are just so... strange... wario gets me too.
4. when I'm winning I get to confident and start to take chances. I get sloppy.

oh yeah, and for some reason when ever I grab I always throw down. no idea why, doesn't matter what character use it's always down. lol

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
My weaknesses:

When I don't play every few days, I tend to get very shizty.

Get into patterns and predictability.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Okay my new problems I need to work on are

Airdodging...kinda ignored/not realised it existed up until now and on some characters I often get punished a lot in the air so learning this will be useful.

Shields...I can spot and shield dodge well now but I rarely use shields so need to learn how to use them more

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I hardly ever pummel when I grab someone, it's usually just grab, (down; lol chaingrabs)throw, and repeat if I'm chaingrabbing. I also hardly ever shield, or do any dodges other than the forward and backward roll, and I have a tendency to forget about n-airs and b-airs.

In terms of characters, my weakness would be fighting Link. No matter who I play as, and what level I'm on Link always gives me trouble, whether it is a computer or a human opponent I am facing.

I have improved from my early days of using smashes and specials and f-airs, but when I got Melee I thought Ganondorf was the only character with a tilt XD.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
1. Never shielding or dodging, I kinda went the opposite and went overboard and did it a bit too much. I'm now settling into a more middle ground where I kinda now remind myself I'm doing it too much or too little of it and I've managed to be able to respond to an attack with a shield in time.

2. Never grabbing, I still tend not to grab, doing it once or twice to kinda of mix things up. But really depends on the character: I never use grab with T.Link but a lot more with the Ice Climbers.

3. Getting into patterns, I now can tell if I start getting into patterns with my characters meaning I still do a little but I don't get into long ones.
Wow, are you my twin? Seriously. I have those exact problems. I dodge way too much, hardly ever grab, and if I start losing, I become ridiculously predictable.

Weird. :p

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
As a Jigglypuff, I should really airdodge at better times. I usualy neglect it and take a lot of damage on my approaches. I also have trouble spacing against aggressive players.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
1. when I get an idea for an attack, I always try and do it, so I get quite predictable.
2. I am usually offensive and fall victim of a defensive player.
3. Characters with a fast fall or a stall-then-fall aerial or poor recovery is sometimes I get knocked off the stage and do a dair thinking will do a dsmash but end up dying.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
For some reason i always run/fall/airdodge into the ground into a fully charged smash and it makes me feel like complete ****

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
My DI isn't that good

With Falco, my main, I can't camp very good. I used to know.

I can't play defense very good.

DLite

Smash Rookie
I Self-Destruct...........ALOT. (My Recovery is POOR)
My defense (shields, air dodging etc), its like it doesnt exsist. (Defense= fail)
I'm really lacking >.>

clonedstars

Smash Rookie
Doing a lot of down aerials, smashes, and not grabbing enough. Also I don't usually shield, just dodge.

FastFire

Smash Cadet
1. I don't grab too much, which I really need to with King D3. I mostly forget about grabs and go on just using smash attacks and tilts.

2. I still find doing tilts a little hard, especially when doing my Ftilt. There are time where I use my Ftilt and end up doing a dash attack of F-Smash. Pretty annoying.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I have major match-up weaknesses and I could probably learn to SHDL with Falco a bit more. And Fireballs. I need to use them more.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I use my shield too often.... and therefore get grabbed or pwned easily... but normally i'm good at judging my shield and am able to stop using it when it's about to break or fail me in general... still need to work on spotdodging more.

don't use ATs during a tournament match that i normally own with in friendlies all the time. I don't know why, but it just happens.

semi-parabolic growth/fall rate (I do really well at some times, then suck, then pwn, then suck even more, than EPIC pwn..... repeat patterns)

use ness' ground game more than his air game... bad idea sometimes... meaning nearly all the time.

fail at worst possible times. (PKT2 into fully charged fsmash!! ... and tripping)

trust me, i've got a lot more weaknesses (lolz at weakNESSes), but i can work out a lot of these in no time.

eroninja562

Smash Cadet
I have trouble with:
1. fighting Lucas
2. outstage game
3. motarsliding too often, due to my impatiences, and I loathe camping because it plains out bores me to death.
4. being too flashy with attempt set ups for combos.
5. fighting aerial combatants.

Pookiablo

Smash Rookie
My biggest issue of late is being too aggressive, which usually results in me getting punished or KO'd. I think it's mainly because I'm trying to play too quickly and not taking into account that my reflexes are probably the same as the person I'm playing against. I need to wait for a decent opening before going in for a few blows.

Otherwise, my spot dodges could be much better, I've never been any good with them - they weren't in the 64 version and now I'm paying for my old ways!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Everything releted to DI, and I have a bad habit of airdodging to momentum cancel when I should be using an Fair.

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 enormous problems when I play matches:
1. I become very predictable, even with an arsenal of options at my disposal.
2. I hardly pay attention to what my opponent is doing (which gets me ***** when fighting snake and mk).

I noticed these when I started comparing how easily I noticed what was going on while watching videos of matches on youtube, and why I wasn't nearly as observant during matches I'm playing. I think I'll get much better once I start working on this.

Edit: Oh, and:
3. I'm not so good at bucket breaking since I usually f-air instead of n-air. Thinking about just developing an u-air reaction since it's faster than f-air and I can hold my DI direction while doing it before the bucket. Another thing I need to work on v.v.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
I probably get a bit predictable, but since I know only one person (who I only see like six times per year) who can actually play Brawl, let alone want to play it, I'm not sure. I get into patterns easily, especially Vs. Bowser and DDD.

Also, I make a lot of mistakes with the controller. I try to press one button, but another jumps in the way! More than once has B got in the way of the C Stick.

Similarly, my mind is shouting a command, but sometimes, like earlier today, by thumbs just freeze. Probably just cos I was cold.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
My teacher says &quot;in my own world&quot;.
I find it very difficult to short hop with some characters.
I always use the ledge attack when recovering.
I can't spot dodge.
I don't shield melee attacks (I'm too scared of getting grabbed).
I forget that air dodging's possible.
I only roll.
I'm yet to find a control scheme I like.
I can't use characters which need to charge an attack then hold it for the rest of the match (Samus/Lucario/DK's Neutral-B, ROB/Mario's Down-B, etc.) and if I do use them, I never use that attack.
I don't know anyone who plays Brawl, so I can only ever practice on CPUs.

The list goes on.

UberMario

Smash Master
I use a controller that has issues registering up and down.
I tend to leap right at projectiles to cape them even if I'm not playing as Mario.
I can't Jab Lock because of the controller issue.
I tend to get up to 100% easily (but it takes a while afterward to KO me)
I roll more than I sidestep.
I tend to not see gimps coming.
I tend to try to gimp people that are gimping other people just to end up taking out all three of us.
It usually takes two-and-a-half stocks for me to realize my opponent's weakness.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
- Not DIing right as much as I should be
- Not Sidestepping as much as I should be
- Get into a predictable motion when I use Spin Dash. It's always SDR -> SDH -> up-air. And if the other guy shields it, I fall down and try to land a bair. I'm a sucker for shieldgrabbing then.

- I can't approach a ROB. At all. Ever. If I somehow manage to get past the Gyros and the Lasers, I'm either met with a tilt, a D-smash, or an F-Smash. Thank God I've got experience with ROB thanks to Kofu.

-I have problems approaching anyway, but ROB is the hardest for me.

- And like others have said, I rack up damage well, but it's landing the KO move that's a chore.

sasook

Smash Champion
I can't read people. At all.

Which means if I'm reading you, you're doing it wrong. Lol

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
1. I suck against camping.

2. I get worse when I'm ahead by a stock.

3. I suck offstage. Although if I can manage to recover, I can live to really high %s, but it's offset by the fact that I either get gimped or suicide at least once a match.

4. Flaco

5.Airdodge-Perfect Shield. I think I got an easy kill, and I get punished. I don't have much trouble killing, but this is one thing that's holding me back.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
  • I tend to use the wrong aerials when I have to stop my momentum: Wolf's DAir, ZZS' DAir etc.
  • I almost never use spot dodges, instead I roll
  • Usually when being juggled, I do not react on it, not countering or anything! Not even dodging.... Working on it though.
  • I fail at auto cancelling moves = punished
  • Not DIing the correct way: When sent upwards, I try to DI down...
  • Side B'ing instead of pressing B (bad habit I got from SSB64)
  • I can hurt my opponent, but when it comes to killing I lack ideas of how to kill.
  • Not using grab a lot, and if I try I will miss it.
  • When playing as Wolf, I almost always try to counter gimping with a sweetspotted Illusion = predictable - this is only one of the many examples of me being predictable
  • Not spacing properly

I think that's about it :) a lot to work on :p

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
My weakness is that I tend to play too defensive and lack the confidence in my game when I play new people. Another weakness would be is that I get kill hungry when my opponent is in kill range and I get lazy when my opponent is on their last stock (leading to them making a come-back).

Brado

Smash Lord
Yay a good threadd for a changee...

I try to play too many characters, when I really need to focus on my mains.
DI is inconsistent
Often take unnecessary risks

Smash Master
I'm way too impatient for this game. I'd rather lose than camp. Instead of thinking, how can I put myself in a position where my opponent must worry about being hit, I'm thinking "Projectiles are for sissys. Charge!!!"

Top Bottom