• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Who Hate The Lag of Online Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
There's even lag during friend battles. So hard to figure out how good they are. (Their true skill)
No shame, i gets the same crap too :mad:
The games i play are SOOOO laggy, i play WORSE offline when i finish Lag-fi :cry:

Itazuki

Smash Cadet
I just got through with a few friend matches. It lagged horribly every round, eventually leading to a connection loss when we each had our last life at 124% (give or take).

It's god awful trying to play online sometimes >.<

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I just got through with a few friend matches. It lagged horribly every round, eventually leading to a connection loss when we each had our last life at 124% (give or take).

It's god awful trying to play online sometimes >.<
lol, i had 173% 1 life i SD :cry:
My friend had 14% 2 lives
I hit him off the ledge, he died
He hit me with a smash attack, the game froze, and we got disconnected ;)
That was the dumbest win ever(JK,not even considerably a win)

D

Deleted member

There were a few times where I actually considered selling the game, mainly due to it's disappointing character roster and downright terrible onlne.

I really shouldn't go into details here, but one time there was a match and at the beginning of the match in Corneia, it stayed in the same screen and barely moved. Eventually, we got kicked out.

The online continues to suck.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Not the online, the online lag is the discussion, which is why online is becoming less and less played :(

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Please explain, you are among friends

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Hmm... I'd have to say my worst experience of lag was when I tried to do a combo, and my character just stood there... The guy I was fighting knocked me off because my character couldnt move. After dying twice, my character did the commands I put in 2 minutes ago.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hmm... I'd have to say my worst experience of lag was when I tried to do a combo, and my character just stood there... The guy I was fighting knocked me off because my character couldnt move. After dying twice, my character did the commands I put in 2 minutes ago.
Where on earth was the guy you were playing???:confused:
That lag sounds horrid!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Also wifi would be garbs w/out AiB's ladder, and probably gb's ladder that comes at of price of pissy little kids who can't take a loss, so they dispute and sometimes get false wins.
Why I dont go to GB anymore

Blobby

Smash Cadet
Man I hate online lag. One time I was Snake and I was winning... Then at around 20 seconds, this huge lag started and everything was slowed so each second was like... 5 seconds longer... I just left the Wii to itself and started to pass my time doing other things, and finally it reaches 0.00 seconds. Then I played with the same people again the lag was gone... Until about 20 seconds....

I hate it when someone leaves, then someone else joins, but hes all laggy....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Man I hate online lag. One time I was Snake and I was winning... Then at around 20 seconds, this huge lag started and everything was slowed so each second was like... 5 seconds longer... I just left the Wii to itself and started to pass my time doing other things, and finally it reaches 0.00 seconds. Then I played with the same people again the lag was gone... Until about 20 seconds....

I hate it when someone leaves, then someone else joins, but hes all laggy....
lol, that just happened to me yesterday:laugh:
I cant even play with anyone without lagggggggg

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I brawled not so long ago. And omg...the lag was horrid x__x;
I went to get a snack and came back and my character only moved 2 inches since i left XD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I brawled not so long ago. And omg...the lag was horrid x__x;
I went to get a snack and came back and my character only moved 2 inches since i left XD
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
SOUNDS HORRIBLE X_____X

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
lag makes me lose to people that i should NOT be losing to. :mad: i'm finally glad i got blazblue so i can finally ditch that pile of bull****.

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
Dear God, the lag seems to be crappy today. o 3o Just a few seconds off and **** happens.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I remember when i played my laggiest match, it didnt even have correct response time Dx
Normal: Near on time
Laggiest:@LEAST 4 seconds! :mad:

D

Deleted member

Please explain, you are among friends
Very well, I shall explain.

Back in June, 2008 when I just got my Wii online, I was going into Basic Brawl. There were suppose to be three more people there. We selected Corniea. Everything was normal until BAM, absymal lagging. The music was fine, but the screen was barely moving. It took like forever and then it disconnected and I sent back to the main menu of the game. Not into the online menu, I was back at the very main menu that you see every time when you boot up the game.

That's how horrendous the online was.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jesus Christ! X___X
Ive never lagged that bad, and my connection is horrible xD

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Once In A Basic Brawl there Was So much lag A 2 Minute match Actually Turned into a 12 Minute Match in Real Time.After About 5 Minutes I left to Go See Something on the Computer and I come Back 5 minutes Later and It's Still the match is going on -_-.I waited it Out And I quit As Fast As I could.
I also Hate Lag Deaths.Your Controller Responds 10 Seconds Late and You End up Dying.That Happens ALL the time when I'm playing with Ike the ****.I never really ever Lag REALLY bad but every now and Again the Lag gets to Me.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Really?
Thats sux xD
I remember, the lag was so bad, and the input lag was worse, i couldnt even quit out the match, had to turn off my Wii :(

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
True, very, i should know, my connection is horrible X___X

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Well It's impossible for me to find a random online brawl game. It takes like hours before finding only 1 player, and most of em leave because they aparently dont like 1 vs 1.

Anyway I also had weird bugs where it sudently drop the game with a nasty communication error...
I guess the random mode is barely enjoyable...

Also do not forget the lag issues...

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
My friend lives a few blocks down and we have SO MUCH LAG WE FREEZE EVERY 2 MINS o_O but i have better connections with canadians, no lag at all???

Also when your ness and lucas trying to recover then you freeze for a second and when your unfrozen your pk thunder didnt go where you wanted and u sd ugh

EDIT: O_O! my avatar isnt there?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You have to reload all avatars, for some reason a lot got erased :/

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Lately in my opinion there has been a big lag issue or major case of lag compared to the release of brawl. However what I do complain are people who just use smash attacks and then standard dodge at nothing as if they're having a seizure or neck spasms just to make an impression on other brawlers. Example: A link that did a down smash that did 5 standard dodges, down smash, 5 standard "wash, rinse,repeat"(he did that every single match along even when he was left alone :laugh:). And theres one more problem which can be said in one word............ITEMS :urg:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yep, all that, and the fact that lag isnt just a nuicence, but its sometimes the only thing that makes the game fun:laugh:
Get me?

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Yep, all that, and the fact that lag isnt just a nuicence, but its sometimes the only thing that makes the game fun:laugh:
Get me?
lol well actually what makes brawl fun when once in a blue moon someone whos actually good and experiments with combos and different moves is online on Basic Brawl. I was very fortunate to find a couple these past few days. However most of them are players you would actually fun in taunt matches, what a strong irony

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Man I got so much Lag i left my room went to cook dinner came back 20 mins later to see the same match still going on. Why is Lag so cruel?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wow, that's very harsh lag.
I played 2 friends in a Free3, The game didnt even start before one of my friends left lol

Konner

Smash Cadet
Alright, I've never been on Wii WFC. I haven't even hooked up my new Wii yet.

I have a very good connection, will this help me at all with the lag, or am I doomed to playing with people running AOL 8.0 that will drag me down with them?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lag is caused by many reasons:
Your connection being horrid
Your friend's connection being horrid
Downloading stuff while playing
Distance between players
Surfing the net while playing(Or having more than just the Wii on the internet)
Etc.

So unless you can get keep all of this stuff out of the way, you should play clear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom