• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Who Hate The Lag of Online Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah well, i hate it so much, i may just give up online play :(
I mean, its good once in a while, but i do it everyday
I might just say no to lag and buy another game, like umm
Smash 64, i can play that online, or may it still contain the same laggy issues?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing about lag is that if it's really bad, the only way to end the game is to turn off the Wii, since you can't get the Quit Game thing to come up. I once got stuck in a 20 minute game and couldn't leave -.-

Kantō

Smash Champion
wifi is awesome! without it, what woul we do? Drive Hundreds of miles 2 play someone in Canada or Brazil? Naah, im not that commited to smash, and i dont think anybody else is either.
do you know what website your on?

anyway the lag of online can be ****ty at times. i recently just got a new router so mine isnt too bad anymore. cant tell ya how many matches ive lost due to it though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Me either, but what i hate the most is when you go against n00bs:
They say when they won the connection was perfect,
But when they lost, it was laggy as hell xD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know what you mean, the lagg is just too much to even play FFA
Even when you are half-way between the states that they live in...

pT_DeviLz

Smash Rookie
Heres another person you can add to the people who hate lag list.

Lag is just so annoying, especially since when I encounter it its hard for me to show off my mad Toon Link skillz (lol jk but really its hard for me to control my character whenever there is lag) I don't get how in some games like Mario Kart, there is never any lag. Its just like what 1 of my friends put in one of his taunt messages, "lag is the true enemy".
Mario Kart Wii has a different system than Smash Bros.
I notice when i play it, it laggs to a degree were if they lagg at all, they are booted. Basically if you get the "you were disconnected" sign, you were the one lagging.

Oh yes, I hate lag very much.
Example I'm usually stuck with:
Attempting to use usually side-a-non smash.
I attempted using my 3-hit-side-a-attack but the lag turns it into a smash attack and ruins the strategy I planned.
Then there's dodge lag.My friend who uses Ness(BluePSI) gives me lag quite often since he lives in England, and when I attempt to dodge, it's always off, even by a second.
Many societies frown upon lag.

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart Wii has a different system than Smash Bros.
I notice when i play it, it laggs to a degree were if they lagg at all, they are booted. Basically if you get the "you were disconnected" sign, you were the one lagging.
Yeah,it doesn't even lag at all in Mario Kart Wii.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
When i can just smell the lag in any match, i dont quit out,
Oh no, quitting isnt enough for lag. So nowadays, i shoot mah wii....

PeachIsMyNumeroUno

Smash Cadet
Dodging attacks and getting back on the ledge are the biggest lag prollems for me.

I hate it when i have to push a button 3 times for it to work!

ugh...

:peach: Out

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
:/
Meta hate much?
Nah, I think it's more "Oh yeah Ness sucks...oh look let's put him in wi-fi. COOL, we've successfully made him suck more".

You have a better rate of winning with intense lag as MK than Ness probably ever will.

I still remember one of my matches where ~7 seconds of real time was 1 second of Brawl time. That match was awful. We all ended up just doing random attacks. It took forever to d/c too.

Nah, I think it's more "Oh yeah Ness sucks...oh look let's put him in wi-fi. COOL, we've successfully made him suck more".

You have a better rate of winning with intense lag as MK than Ness probably ever will.

I still remember one of my matches where ~7 seconds of real time was 1 second of Brawl time. That match was awful. We all ended up just doing random attacks. It took forever to d/c too.
@Blue: I know...

Hmmm..I see...but for me, if I'm brawling with other friends, Blue is usually the one making us lag.

And yes Brawl wi-fi lag is terrible, when I was playing with another friend, he had lag as bad as Blue's(no offense) and the whole match took like, 7 minutes in real life time, and the match's time limit was 2 minutes. :/
Ps:Nice signature.

Mewter

Smash Master
Has anyone ever tried Luigi's tornado recovery while the lag is up?
It's awful! :laugh:

SoulShatter

Smash Rookie
I was playing a fun online match (I just got into an awesome group) and it started to lag, causing all the other three to leave the game, it was frustrating. D:

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Lol I remember when the lag was so horrible that it was stuck on "3!" for a good 2 minutes
and when the lag was over, everyone left XD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can think of worse:
Ness and Lucas trying to recover using PK Thunder+Lag=Fail.
You win...

So ****ing true, it happens over my crappy wifi all da time...:(
Its why i RARELY use ness, let alone lucas, online.

Sonic isnt Complete fail online, im able to play rather quickly online with sonic, sometimes even better than mah offline sonic...

You win...

So ****ing true, it happens over my crappy wifi all da time...:(
Its why i RARELY use ness, let alone lucas, online.

Sonic isnt Complete fail online, im able to play rather quickly online with sonic, sometimes even better than mah offline sonic...
Exactly...
sometimes when I play as Ike online, and there's lag, and I'm trying to recover with Quick Draw, I fail at it.
Also, I like my new siggy :3

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Exactly...
sometimes when I play as Ike online, and there's lag, and I'm trying to recover with Quick Draw, I fail at it.
Also, I like my new siggy :3
You undershoot the ledge huh?
Happens to my space animals all the time :flame:

And i like your sig 2 :bigthumbu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom