• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Who Hate The Lag of Online Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Post your troubles here about any moment in a online match when the online lag just got to you so bad, you just wanted to burn your Brawl...... Anything goes, But try to keep it focused on online play. And remember, It ranges from gay deaths to your move input taking long to respond...... :mad:
Have Fun! Dont forget to describe your worst moments of lag!

Edit: Lock Requested.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The only thing there is to hate is when two players can't agree on how much delay there is.

Something I find silly is that, recently, I thought there was more lag than my opponent did, and I was the one winning more of the sets. He still got angry.

So. . . figure that one out. :confused:

Anyway, is there not some equivalent place to discuss this?
I'm not sure if this technically violates rule 4:

4. Do not make any threads complaining about how horrible Nintendo's Wifi network is. You can simply post in our stickied social thread.
?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lag is an inescapable nuisance that should be handled, Wand i mean the EXTREME Lag on matches, the kind that may nearly freeze your Wii, But you might not understand, the people i play are in ohio and canada....

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
Nothing pissed you off more...
When you're obviously better then the guy you're playing with.
& if lags occured, he blames his sucky skills on lag.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah well, i just hate online lag, the worst was when my wii "Froze" From lag for like 32 seconds, it was horrific, like i said, you might not know of this, you dont play people FAR away from you(Red connection..)

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
It seems like all there is are hate threads about Wifi. It's all some people have :/.

Though now that I have my new router, Lag has been gone.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Everyone hates lag, Lag is what gives wifi a bad rep. If there was no lag offline tourneys wouldn't be that special, and we'd have much fatter smashers.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Also wifi would be garbs w/out AiB's ladder, and probably gb's ladder that comes at of price of pissy little kids who can't take a loss, so they dispute and sometimes get false wins.

hypersonic65

Smash Cadet
lol, the lag was once so bad that the game was stuck at one frame for almost five minutes

then it disconnected me

D

Deleted member

I get really annoyed when I try to do anything, but nothing happens, and my opponent is able to do whatever he wants without any problems... So annoying. Especially when youAre trying to recover but nothing happens when you try to recover, and you just fall to your death.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
lol yeah, but i'm a firm believer that there's a hack out there that can disable some of your opponents moves. I've had it happen to me a few times.

Feels

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't get why people say brawls wi-fi is terrible; for me its vurtualy lagless(even with red connection)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Feels i know what you mean, but remember, this isnt for people who hate wifi, just lag of online play...(if you get lag)

But anyone who says they hate wifi, ignore them, stick 2 the focus of LAG in matches, not wifi..

wifi is awesome! without it, what woul we do? Drive Hundreds of miles 2 play someone in Canada or Brazil? Naah, im not that commited to smash, and i dont think anybody else is either. But yeahm feels is right, Wifi is righteous, and this discussion IS ABOUT LAG!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
lol yeah, but i'm a firm believer that there's a hack out there that can disable some of your opponents moves. I've had it happen to me a few times.
I dunno about that. But I have seen some Wi-Fi matches where a hacker made everyone way too huge for Final Destination. It was hilarious.

As for lag, yeah it does suck. You have times when there's no lag, then I've had a time where every 5 seconds = 1 second of the game's play. That's just unbearable. Quitting out of that was even hard haha.

For me, it'll always be Offline > Online, but that's because I actually am free to make it to offline tournaments.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Coolz Yink, Too huge 4 FD? XD sounds funny, and lag every 5 seconds? Ouch, harsh match.
Ive played my worst today, lag every 55 frames, terrible! I cant make it 2 offline tourneys, i always hear about them 2 late!
So 4 me you could say Offline<Online , thats all i do basically XD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
O.O...... Deep one, what was your worst? id like 2 hear about it 2 feel your thoughts...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Omg, so lag cost you a match, jeez. Ive only had lag that happened regularly, yours sounds like a real nusiance! dang, i sure hope you dont still get lag like that...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
don't play online unless you have absolutely no one to play with offline. I quit wifi now that i have a friend to play offline, and it's wonderful.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
lag's my only problem!! I once played online and my wii completely froze. i had to restart my wii...

ChomP

Smash Cadet
The only thing that gets me is, I use a character that's horrible on wifi.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
don't play online unless you have absolutely no one to play with offline. I quit wifi now that i have a friend to play offline, and it's wonderful.
nah thats not true. I play with people plenty offline but that doesnt mean there gonna be around to play with you whenever you want. Besides online gives you a lot of experience you cant get if you play with 4 or 5 people.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Very true soviet, so very true...

Feels

Smash Cadet
One time the lag was so terrible one frame took about a minute. Then after a couple of frames, it would speed up, I'd get my hopes up, and it just lagged like helll again.
The worst part was the girl I was versing acted like it wasn't lagging at all.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
xD, wow, one frame per minute, thats hardcore.
Jeez, thats like being in California, and playing some astronaut on Mars....

Bynine

Smash Cadet
When the 3-2-1-GO! Takes half a minute, that's when the lag is way too bad.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
YES! I hate dat sooooo bad :mad:
On mine, it said: 3.......................2..........................1......................Your connection has been lost, returning to menu.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
"Choose Your Character"
*Selecting Stage*
*Waiting room theme plays*
Seeking...
Seeking...
Registering Opponents.
Registering Opponents.
*people join*
Please Wait a Moment...
Please wait a moment...
Brawling...
Brawling...
READY TO FIGHT!
....GO!

"Okay! let's do this!"

---You have been disconnecting. Returning to main menu.----

Happens to me all the time. I wish Nintendo could fix that >___>
And sometimes people disconnect on purpose just to fxck with us.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious; how long does it take for you to just connect to Nintendo's WFC?
Also, if you're playing BB, how long do you usually wait before you connect to another player?

Bit64

Smash Rookie
I must say, when I first took Brawl online, it was almost impossible for me to play due to your character taking so long to respond to controller input, even when your connection is perfect. I have a few other fighters for the Wii, and they have the same problem: Every button press you input takes way longer to actually do something than when you play offline. Why is it like that? Why can't they fix it?
It prevents any serious matches from being played online.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yep, control input lag is da worst, its why i dont main lucas anymore...

SuperScizor

Smash Cadet
It's really pathetic that the old Xbox can have 100 people playing Halo at once, and yet the Wii lags when 2 people play Brawl.

I'm not some Xbox fanboy, fyi.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, but when the wii lags its not like X-box and captain falcon is just flying across the stage teleporting to random areas...
Thats why i sold my 360 xP

But in all knowledge, lag > People flying across the stage or you getting hit by jiggly's rest and your are half an FD away from her, but after you die she teleports to where you were killed...

Aura_Knight0259

Smash Rookie
NNID
AuraKnight95
3DS FC
5327-0985-0575
Heres another person you can add to the people who hate lag list.

Lag is just so annoying, especially since when I encounter it its hard for me to show off my mad Toon Link skillz (lol jk but really its hard for me to control my character whenever there is lag) I don't get how in some games like Mario Kart, there is never any lag. Its just like what 1 of my friends put in one of his taunt messages, "lag is the true enemy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom