• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Who Hate The Lag of Online Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Even Still, you can still expericence the slightest input lag. This may not seem like much. But it ruins the entire Brawl.
Nor did i say it did not, but even so, if you want the utmost best conditions possible, Stay offline.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I hate it when your fighting a friend whose using ice climbers annd your lucario and then just when your gonna recover..you get grabbed then superlag comes to save you don't you just hate that Lp?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, I hate moments like that, especially when the person had the tag "DTK", the match was getting good, and one grab costs you a extreme lag moment...
As if a Timer had been activated, in 1/4 speed, on The pokemon stage with the stage slowing time down....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lawlz at your +1
That's understandable, your among commons.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lag isn't really the issue, unless it's combined with a Spammer in a FFA >__>

Aibou

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind wifi if there weren't nubs that took advantage of it (eg spamming smashes, ROLLING, etc)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
^
This is why i hate playing Spammers on Wifi...
It's easy offline, but online, you can't move worth crap, and you get hit by everything >__>

Snowman9189

Smash Rookie
Killaloe, Ontario, Canada. It's near Ottawa.
Nothing pissed you off more...
When you're obviously better then the guy you're playing with.
& if lags occured, he blames his sucky skills on lag.
yes, i know. I played Online for the first time this weekend and i would have totally creamed the people i played if it wasnt for lag and its **** input delay it had on me. I did win a few.. but stilll... aarrgg. Have to hope I get much better internet when i get to college in September.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Dealing with Online Spammers​
By 1 Lucky Pikachu out of boredom

If you're Brawling a spammer, use a character with a counter (preferrably Marth due to his counter being the quickest).

If Brawling a spammer who uses projectiles or is Pikachu spamming Thunder, use a character with a reflector (use Falco if it's a spammy Pikachu so you can just kick the reflector at it).

It is known by habit that if a tactic works well for quite a few matches, players will sooner or later try to copy you. If someone's using a character with a reflector, use your superior Brawling skills. If the person's copying the counter spamming, grab him/her to death.

Please note that these tricks only work on FFA noobs.
The End

Willow's Tara

Smash Rookie
About lag, if you live in like Australia and the other guy lives in uh England would that make the lag very bad? I just started Wii online playing with a member from another forum and see how laggy it can be (Certain moves don't seem to work, Sheik doesn't duck or do whatever I tell her sometimes).

Oh I tried going playing with anyone. Had three people come on, within 30 seconds the lag was so horrible I lost connection. How come the Wii online has alot worse lag then the DS?

AzureAura

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1812-8501-4814
D: Lag is lag I can deal with it for a while then I'll just randomly *headdesk*

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, this thread was made a while back when i wasn't used to it, but we all understand:ohwell:

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Lag aggravates me due to the fact that I play a mindgame, PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!! Then it lags, and they ALWAYS Perfect Shield it. It happens mostly with the Falcon Punch. D:

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
There was one time I was playing as an Ike on Bridge of Eldin. When the gap in the middle is present, I like to attempt meteor smashing. I was ready to meteor smash Ness when I did not hit with the right timing due to lag delaying my movements. The result; Ness went slightly up and Ike fell to his death. -_-

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Everyone hates lag, Lag is what gives wifi a bad rep. If there was no lag offline tourneys wouldn't be that special, and we'd have much fatter smashers.
I lol'd for truth xD

Without lag this game would've probably sold a lot more copies.

I just wish the wifi was as great as Mario Kart Wii! =P

Apollo$

Smash Ace
After going to my first tournament, I don't think I'll ever to go back to wifi. Had many good times and bad times with wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom