• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Doubles Court

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
They took into consideration how easily she can be killed.
She's not THAT light and has a great recovery, not to mention she's one of the more evasive character with her float and glide toss.

She's not Snake, and it might be a weakness, but it's not that bad at all, not enough to get such a low placing.

:052:

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
When I play super theorycraft bros I bair lock outta Ganon's side B.

I've never actually tested to see if it works though.

Plus it's situational anyways.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Double's Result

8/14/10 Poincianna Brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10966518#post10966518

Doubles ($10/team entry)

1: HR-Puff'n'stuff (radiX + Gallax) ($35.00) :diddy: / :snake:
2: Los Negros (GDX + Kyon) ($21.00) :diddy: / :peach:
3: Aardvarks Like Eggs (HRNut + XDeath) ($14.00) :falco: :metaknight: / :metaknight: :gw:
4: Lindsay Lohan on Rehab (hiROI + D-Torr) :peach: / :zerosuitsamus:
5: I Don't Care, We Suck (Draconoa + PUNK9) :olimar: / :pikachu2:
5: King of Dukes (King + Duke) :random: / :random:
7: Game Over (kirbydabest + PIE) :kirby2: / :ness2:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I feel like me and PK talked all about this somewhere before. But I can't remember where...

I'll see what I can find, if I can't find anything I suppose I can write something up, although the goal of this thread is still just a tiny bit unclear to me.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I played with a Ganon yesterday, and surprisingly, he wasn't a horrible partner. You just have to make sure and play very defensively and stock tank as best as you can, while adding damage to your opponents. Ganon's dash attack, Ftilt, Usmash, and Uair are all relatively easy to land, and very powerful.

I also played with a lucario and what Mazurka said is true. Play the same way that you play with ganon (super defensive) and let the lucario play really aggressively (but not stupidly). It's pretty stupid how powerful Lucario becomes, and how easy it is to get him to that point. I don't think it's a good idea to damage your own partner however. The damage will come in time from your opponents; Lucario has more to him than just a retardedly strong Fsmash. Don't sacrifice safety for power.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
We specifically discussed the Peach + Zelda team on the Zelda boards a while back. I am going to quote people and then maybe add some more info from me since it has been some time.

IMO this is an excellent team. I think Sakurai did this on purpose. Some notes of mine:

Peach has trouble killing. But Zelda kills like s***. Zelda, on the other hand, has more trouble racking up damage and approaching. Peach rocks at racking damage and approachs well. They fill in each other weaknesses. Also, this team is very good for camping. Let Zelda spam Din's fire, and Peach should protect Zelda with turnips, jabs, whatever you want. If I Peach is going to get hit by Din, Peach should Nair to neutralise Din.

If Peach and Zelda are going to edgeguard together, I think the best thing is for Peach to float and try to attack to opponent, while Zelda should spam Din under Peach (but won't hit her, of course).

Then, I think Zelda's ground game is better than Peach's, but Peach's airgame is better than Zelda's.

So, to cut a long story short, Peach and Zelda are a big contrast. They fill in each other weaknesses and you should create a big advantage of this, and everything will go great.
alright...so my teammate (who plays peach as well) and i got together and did some team friendlies...and i will say this....

a reason why i noticed this team was amazing was zelda's ability to act as a shield for peach. depending on the opponent, i was able to hinder any approach from the opponent's teammate (and in a team aspect, concentration is lowered because the approaching opponent has multiple things to worry about). of course, the strategy was changed around depending on the opponents we played (strategy had to be manipulated against snake/mk/dk/zss), but this is a great basic strategy with this team.

back to an older post i put about peach being tank, i take it back. zelda acts as the stock tank here JUST BECAUSE she's playing defensive this entire fight until she needs to kill. peach is 100% aggressive this fight.

again, i was pleasantly surprised by this combination. extremely viable for tournaments, and I just might convince my partner to play peach in some tournament matches.
Looking through the rest mot people said the same thing or that this team sucks lol, one or the other!

General notes from me:
Part of what makes this team great is the ability to create a wall. Peach can wall with either turnips or airiels and Zelda can use Din's. Peaches airiels open up opportunities to add more damage with Din's and Din's has enough hit stun to combo into Peach's attacks.

Recovering is simplified for both characters. If Peach gets gimped or needs more height Zelda can Din's. If Zelda needs more height she can jump of Peach's float, and if she is recovering with Farore's Peach can clear the stage pretty well.

In general this team is just obviously good for some very blunt reasons. The two characters are pretty much opposites and they compliment each other well for it.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Everyone pretty much has stated what kind of qualities Peach needs in a partner. The ones being discussed despite being low tier are awesome at KOs and provide well defensive support. Peach is great at building up damage on opponents and can easily help setup kills. I personally think Peach + Zelda is better than Peach + Ganondorf though.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Peach + Zelda is actually viable. Peach + Ganondorf I don't know. At least Zelda can send out a Din's to neutralize a bad situation when Peach is getting double teamed, Ganondorf would have to run over which will take him like 10 minutes... He can't create as good of a defensive wall as Zelda, and he can't save someone when they are recovering very well and falls fast enough to not be easy to save.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ok I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents right.... NOW! Expect an essay

Peach and Zelda are a team that hits real hard to people who know them, and hits even harder to those who don't know their annoying tricks. Like Riot said, both characters are limited by certain problems. Peach cant kill for crap, and Zelda has no way of really dealing with pressure and cant really reliably rack up damage. But this team, while isn't the best team in brawl, their problems just vaporize when Peach's pressure/combo game gets paired with Zelda's truck like hitting sparkles.

In order to make this team really work, the Peach has to have an insane amount of multi-tasking skills. Because she has to:
  • She has to juggle both members of the opposing team
  • She has to combo into and out of Din's Fires that Zelda throws out
  • She has to make a wall between herself and Zelda so that Zelda doesn't get hardcore pressured and is unable to throw out Din's Fire and has to result to staling her Smashes
  • And most importantly, she needs to cancel Din's Fire consistently to avoid tacking on extra damage from her teammate

Thats to name 4 of things needed from a Peach to make this work effectively. But I personally think those are the most important to keep this team going and successful.

Now to talk briefly about tactics... This team has alot of silly gimmicks and some very very hard hitting team combos. some can even kill around 80% for most of the cast, but the only downfall is that they require coordination to preform effectively. One of my favorite combos is when Riot Upsmashes, I will jump above him and footstool the victim so that they get into even more upsmashes and like 2 footstools is like 40 or something I think. To name a few more tricks with this team; their follow up to when one of you get a grab is DEADLY If Zelda gets a grab on anyone
Lawl
She can forward throw or back throw them into a super sweet-spotted upsmash from Peach. And if Peach gets a grab which is usually the more likely scenario, Peach can use her Up throw and if zelda times it right, can full hop to combo a Up air or sometimes Lightning Kicks, killing most characters around 80%. See what I meant when I said when this team gets a grab, to expect deadly results? ^_^

Now another thing to touch base on is this teams weaknesses. Well first off, its a difficult team to get used to and can have quite a high learning curve with teams with sub par chemistry. Also it can be disheartening for new Peach+Zelda teams when they cant fight against the one team that loves to hgive everyone problems. Double MK. Another kinda problem this team has is the Peach has to so much and we all know peach is a very exhausting character. Usually after doubles, I'm mentally drained, Hungry as hell, and getting asthma all over the place. So this team is not really for the faint of heart or faint of lung for that matter, but hell I still do it cause past the few problems this team utterly *****

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your essay was a good read Peachkid and I loved two things in particular I just have to sig xD

But this team, while isn't the best team in brawl, their problems just vaporize when Peach's pressure/combo game gets paired with Zelda's truck like hitting sparkles.
Another kinda problem this team has is the Peach has to so much and we all know peach is a very exhausting character. Usually after doubles, I'm mentally drained, Hungry as hell, and getting asthma all over the place. So this team is not really for the faint of heart or faint of lung for that matter, but hell I still do it cause past the few problems this team utterly *****
I can't pick D:

I don't know that much about Zelda/Peach ^^" Except Peachy has alooooooot of work to do.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
imo My favorite team (even though I never do doubles) is Peach and DK.

You could do WONDERS with an Accurate DK. Peach's Dair leads too a free Donkey Punch or Fsmash. That thing can kill pretty quickly.

Well all it is, is a classic Dmg Racker/ Killer team.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
peach diddy is good

...just sayin

/homer

(and peach zelda is good too. ive been saying that for years since christine and kyon teamed awhile back)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
peach diddy is good

...just sayin

/homer

(and peach zelda is good too. ive been saying that for years since christine and kyon teamed awhile back)
Yeah, especially because Peach can use Diddy's banana's really well.

But again, imo I prefer DK Peach. I main both soo it seems to be just this natural Biasism I have for the two. :p

But you are 100% correct, I can see SOO much BS that Diddy and Peach can pull off from naner combos.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Couldnt you get like a bair lock off of Ganon's Side-B?
Not sure.

I will put up the summaries of the 2 characters later today. Untill then I need a rate on how well these teams are as a whole. And a rate on Peach's partner. Like the partner may not be so great but because of Peach the team does wonders. Thank you. After im done I shall move on to the next 2 characters.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Well if you just thought about Peach+Ganondorf on a team it sounds pretty good because peach can get some damage off in a decent amount of time but she always has a hard time killing and thats where ganondorf shines but on the other hand i think Peach and Zelda would be a good team also. Im really not sure how these teams would work out just because ive never tested it out b4 but they sound pretty good.

Cant wait to see what the other 2 characters are :)

(
i really hope one of them are diddy because i could go on and on and on about how good a peach diddy team would be)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well if you just thought about Peach+Ganondorf on a team it sounds pretty good because peach can get some damage off in a decent amount of time but she always has a hard time killing and thats where ganondorf shines but on the other hand i think Peach and Zelda would be a good team also. Im really not sure how these teams would work out just because ive never tested it out b4 but they sound pretty good.

Cant wait to see what the other 2 characters are :)

(
i really hope one of them are diddy because i could go on and on and on about how good a peach diddy team would be)
You are too **** patient of a person. Soooo trippy.....
9th out of 16 (Supercon)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284065

Ignore the team name. >___>
LMFAO. Aww Meno. <3

And about the Lucas comment I forgot too Multiquote. I think we should jump too Lucas/ Peach discussion for Their sake, and then copy/paste our comments.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Im fine with that I guess.
You shurr? I'll ask some of them too come over here and help a bit. I second Lucas, but I'm definatly not a master.

What I do know is that he has incredible smashes. Peach can set up those smashes for him SOO well. Especially with Dair.

DThrow is an option too, making the opponent fly upwards behind Peach, making Lucas's Usmash something too fear even more.

Lucas isn't a bad damage racker either. Lucas and Peach can wall pretty well with Turnip/ PK Fire approach.

OH! From low percentages Double Dair can lead into PK thunder.

I actually see a LOT of set up potential. Killing shouldn't be a problem with Lucas's smashes and fairly reliable setups.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Oh right, that rating thingy for Peach/Zelda

I would say that on a 1-10 scale, Peach and Zelda are like a 7.5/10. Sure they are not the best team and have flaws and Zelda may not be the overall best teammate for peach. But this team can reek havoc on teams that even know their tricks, and more so on teams that dont know how the **** to fight these *****es

But in light of recent news I might be taking a doubles hiatus sometime in the winter or something... I need to get my singles game back up to par and hopefully that might help alittle

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm going to have to say 6/10. It's not that great of a team - it's more of the skill in the players.

I think you guys are overating this team, why say 9/10 when we still have partners such as Snake, Metaknight, DDD, Lucario, Diddy, and Toon Link that we haven't even discussed yet

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'm going to have to say 6/10. It's not that great of a team - it's more of the skill in the players.

I think you guys are overating this team, why say 9/10 when we still have partners such as Snake, Metaknight, DDD, Lucario, Diddy, and Toon Link that we haven't even discussed yet
I think 6/10 is too low, and 7.5 maybe the good medium if not pushing it just a wee bit further. and 9/10 is really pushing it Yaaaaay. As much as i love this team, they are not THAT good :\

Sure Zelda/Peach is a hard team to get good with and its pretty frustrating at first. But in the grand scheme of things they have alot of strengths that mesh and weaknesses that dissolve when they are put in a teaming situation together and can fend against most of the really good teams.

i still say like 7/10 or 7.5/10

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Well yes, that's why I gave them a 9/10. I expected that when others were going to be discussed scales would suddenly turn to "OMG THIS TEAM IS SO GOOD 9.8/10!!!".

Argh, can't we speak in tiers? This team is high tier. One of the better teammates. Numbers confuse me :dizzy:.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Haha its cool. I'm not saying that Zelda/Peach is unviable, on the contrary my friend. Zelda is one of peach's better partners but shes not the solve all cure all partner for peach sadly

and if I was to put this team into a tier... hmm.....

maybe top of B tier or low A tier

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
7/10. I've teamed with a pretty decent Zelda before and she lacks the important qualities of a teammate that can kill while avoiding most punishment for it. I often find the two characters' zoning methods to clash, which is bad. Granted, the team has potential to be good, but there are better options to choose from in most scenarios.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yay if you guys do Peach/Lucas here too i will try and write an essay thingy for the team when i am not busy with stuff ^^"

Ill try and get them here too ;o

Also thanks to you guys who have inputted in our thread so far ^_^.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Probably ebbing a teeny weeny bit from some character bias xD I'd give Peach/Zelda an 8 or an 8.5. It's pretty much of an average of what you guys are saying anyways. Hardly any other character can KO like Zelda and there are certainly very skilled Peaches here on this board who would probably make awesome teammates for any Zelda player.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Probably ebbing a teeny weeny bit from some character bias xD I'd give Peach/Zelda an 8 or an 8.5. It's pretty much of an average of what you guys are saying anyways. Hardly any other character can KO like Zelda and there are certainly very skilled Peaches here on this board who would probably make awesome teammates for any Zelda player.
I have a static team with Riot, and we do really well usually ^_^. I probably would have given the team an 8 if certain teams couldnt exploit their weaknesses pretty bad... And its even worse when the team your fighting knows your strategies, then it can be pretty brutal...

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, heard you guys kicked major serious butt at the Apex thing back at the Zelda thread.

Awesome job Peachkid! Nothing I'd love more in Super Smash than 2 of my fave chars teaming up and doing great against so many competitors.

Xyless

Smash Master
I personally have found Lucas to be a great teammate with Peach. I had some experience with Irsic back when he played, and one of the tourneys we teamed in, he carried the team (I was having an off day, kept messing up my float. Was back when I used wiimote/nunchuk).

Peach covers his bad matchups, or at least the ones that give him trouble grab-wise, really well. And Lucas has a TON of kill potential in his attacks, he just has difficulty getting the damage due to low priority and range with his aerials.

Only thing you really have to worry about with Lucas is the fact that he gets gimped on the ledge easily, so you will have to cover him down there. If you know he's going to get gimped, try to get over there and throw a turnip a distance off edge, it's hard to explain but it's where a Lucas will bounce if he aims properly and still bounces off the wall. It's easier than trying to hit an opponent off the edge and you won't have to worry about it being eaten by his PKT2.

EDIT: as far as grab combos work, he can up smash out of your dthrow and bthrow if spaced correctly I believe. And you should be able to up smash (or utilt) out of his bthrow. Also, you can Toad his PK Fire to pull a Din's Fire combo, though it isn't nearly as effective.

I will give a rating for him and do a review on ZSS later.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Does ZSS Dsmash -> Peach Usmash work? If so, that's a pretty sweet combo that would kill very early. ZSS is a great support teammate in general, and I think she works well with Peach.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I guess I should post team results as well...

7th out 25/OSTS:Kaos/4-9-10

Teamed with a Kirbay (he's a Ganon main though, but Kirby works better ;p).

Top Bottom