• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Peach is nicely balanced as a technical character. You don't want to shore up everyone's weaknesses in the next game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
^she can grab it. You just have to close the Parasol. o:
Pretty much what Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said in the quote below. On top of that, the animation for when she closes it will cause her to fall faster, so unless she's already decently above the ledge, she still won't grab it otherwise.
That's still an inconvenience though.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh wow idk why I haven't posted here yet. :p

Anyways, I'd like her to have a better vertical recovery, double jump gives like near non-existent height, using the Toad Bounce can easily backfire (if the counter activates you will sink too far down from the ending lag and the bounce is like the same height as her double jump) and Parasol gives adequate vertical reach.
Also I'd like her to be able to grab backwards with her Parasol without having to close it. =P

Basically, make her Double Jump and Parasol have more reach.

I find it bothersome how she's the only character who cannot grab the ledge while facing away from it when using her Up B.
Actually, Kirby can't grab the ledge backwards with his Up-B as well. =P

If she had Melee D-Smash I'd be happy. XD

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to wonder something, though: How will she look in this game?

In terms of how Nintendo will design her...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If she's gonna retain the details in her dress from Brawl, they need to not be painted on. I want to see that dress have actual layers to it.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
If she's gonna retain the details in her dress from Brawl, they need to not be painted on. I want to see that dress have actual layers to it.
Actually, the dress isn't the problem for me. I'm just wondering... *gulp*.... how much more sexier she's gonna look.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
F-Tilt should have less ending lag. Then I'd be happy to use that move more. <3

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I hope she looks like she did in galaxy...

Big head.
Tiny/skinny body.
Short arms.

YOU KNOW, how shes suppose to look?

:phone:

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that disappointed me about brawl Peach's looks was how dull Peach's dress looked..

Didn't display her happy and care free personality.

Veggi

Smash Champion
But really, How do you people feel about Peach being able to pull out her parasol at any time while falling to slow her decent/increase her horizontal recovery? She would be able to attack afterward and use it as many times as she wanted. It wouldn't break the game because she's moving downward the entire time, just at a much slower speed.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
But really, How do you people feel about Peach being able to pull out her parasol at any time while falling to slow her decent/increase her horizontal recovery? She would be able to attack afterward and use it as many times as she wanted. It wouldn't break the game because she's moving downward the entire time, just at a much slower speed.

But if she was able to use a move after falling with her parasol she could just Nair and then b-up again, yes?

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
She needs to have float cancelled forward air +3 on block so I can grab people when they shield it. =D
Make her air dodge have more invincibility.
The fast fall from her up b should be a lot faster than it was in Brawl.
Something I have to say, BRING BACK DOWN SMASH!!! Just not the ridiculous 40-80% I've seen it do.
Like people have said some of the powers she had from Super Princess Peach replacing Toad would be nice.
Forward tilt needs a little less lag.
Down tilt should be safer on shield.
Forward air also needs more knockback.
Back air needs more knockback.
Keep the Brawl down air, because I liked being able to down air > up air > up tilt.
Forward throw should be killing like it was in Melee.
Make turnips bounce off shields again.
She needs a cooler dress.
Uh, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Veggi

Smash Champion
The parasol wouldn't be activated by up b. It would be activated by...holding jump...wait...no...someone think of another way. Wait, spot dodging in the air. Yeah, that's cool.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But if she was able to use a move after falling with her parasol she could just Nair and then b-up again, yes?
Not necessarily. When Sonic does his Spring Jump, he loses the ability to perform any specials, putting him in a semi-helpless condition. This same condition can be applied onto Peach too.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
The problem with that though is that Peach would be screwed if she gets grabbed and gets ground/air released. =P

And oh my god how did I forget that she needs a better air dodge. XD
Please make it so that she's invincible for at around/at least half of it. :p

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Dunno why they made her air dodge the worst/one of the worst in Brawl, didn't she have one of the better air dodges in melee?

Anyways, it would be cool if her UP-B parasol was Perry from Super Princess Peach. :]

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Peach's.

Weak Attacks

1-2: Royal Slap, Double Royal Slap

Strong Attacks

Upward: Crown Bash
Forward: Can-Can Kick
Downward: Elegant Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Pirouette
Forward: Peach Swing
Downward: Double-Edged Gown

Dash Attack: Lady Push

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Princess Twirl
Front: Crown Smack
Back: Flying Hip
Up: Floating High Kick
Down: Stiletto Kick

Special Attacks

Standard B: Toad
Foward B: Peach Bomber
Upward B: Peach Parasol
Downward B: Vegetable

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Heel Stomp
Front: Royal Slap
Back: Iron Hip
Up: Gut Punch
Down: The Royal Treatment

That ended up well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A part of me wants Peach to have her DSmash as powerful as it was in melee. Maybe fix her second jump and hopefully not have a Daisy color costume...
The funny thing about Daisy is that her old appearance looked quite similar to Peach's, so the Daisy palette swap does make sense to some extent.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
ideas

1:make peach bomber stronger and with more veggies that have different effects

2:have here use perry on the up b

3:better smashes

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
What about increasing sex appeal for Peach? This is NOT a joke post, I simply think it finally needs to be done now that she's entering the HD era.

Look at it this way, when the GameCube was out Melee was the first game to show Peach with a high polygon model - this was the first time she truly looked beautiful. And what did they do in Melee to Peach? Well, they increased her sex appeal (because it was non-existant before Melee) with lots of butt attacks and panty shots.

Some people see her butt attacks as purely for fun. I can understand that partly. She's a silly character doing silly moves. However, if you have FIVE attacks wich uses your posterior, then that's far beyond comicical reasons. Someone at the Melee team, possibly Sakurai himself, obviously thought up all these kinky butt attacks for Peach to use. Also, there's actually a super early video (don't know if it exists anymore) where you can see that the Peach Bomber is not a butt attack - she uses her legs to kick her opponent. Someone changed legs to butt.

And the panty shots, well... admit, you have looked too! :embarrass: It's not that difficult either. I was at E3 2001, and they had a looping sequence where one part was Peach running away from Bowser on the F-Zero stage. The camera was placed so low you could see up her dress and spot her panties. I remember that very well, because it was the first time ever (but certainly not the last) Peach showed her underwear.

I also though they HAD to make that low camera angle just to show it off. Bowser was not even running after her, he just stood close to the camera and watched as she ran away, showing off herself.

This leads me to think that, at least in Japan, Peach was given some sex appeal deliberately by Sakurai/Nintendo. You know how Japanese prefer cute girls (well, I do too!).

Just look at all her butt attacks:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1258/hygy.jpg

It's not just her butt, it's her whole body language. Look at the way she positions her arms in the Peach Bomber, the b-air and her backwards booty bump. Her body language is adding sex appeal in those moves. Not to mention, she even has butt attacks in Mario Kart and Super Princess Peach, too! :grin:

Not much happened to Brawl. Maybe that was because the Wii was so close in horsepower to the GameCube, but now that the Wii U is an HD system with vastly improved performance, I think it's time to sex up Peach a little more.

First of all, give her different outfits! Look at her sexy sports outfit:

And no, it's not her minidress flairing out, her hips are that wide! She's got an hourglass figure, at least for her bottom part. And here's an upskirt shot:

WARNING! CONTAINS PEACH'S BARE BUTT
http://lh6.ggpht.com/__LHpdYLAt58/R...1m01c/princess+peach+SSX+on+tour+gamecube.jpg

Different game, but same dress. Don't tell me they didn't do that for sex appeal. You can totally see her (a bit flabby honestly) butt. ;)

In addition to sexier outfits (which would still keep the series' T/12 rating BTW), Peach should also receive at least one new butt attack. I mean, come on! Her sexy Peach Bomber is one of her trademark moves. What do people think of when they talk about Peach in the Smash Bros. games? Her parasol, her turnips and her butt attacks.

She lacks a butt attack as a ground based A move. Therefore I think her AAA combo move should be slap, slap, butt attack. Just like Luigi's version.

What do you think about making Peach a bit sexier in this game? Let me tell you, not everyone thinks that the though kick butt style (Samus) is sexy, some of us thinks kinky cute is sexier. ;)

Also, sales wise, there are lots of loyal otaku players in Japan who would love to play as a sexier version of Peach.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
^ I still can't tell if this guy is serious or one of the greatest trolls ever.
You should stop calling people trolls just because they have a special interest. Besides, if Nintendo/Sakurai didn't make all this, I would have nothing to talk about.

They're the ones who gave Peach all her butt attacks.

Nintendo approved her thong.

Sakurai approved her flimsy dress physics in Brawl (Icicle Mountain, anyone?)

The developers are into this, too! :grin:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still, of all the outfits that Peach has worn, the best alternate outfit option would most likely be her Sunshine outfit, as it maintains her princess-like stature a lot better than her sports outfits.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
What about increasing sex appeal for Peach? This is NOT a joke post, I simply think it finally needs to be done now that she's entering the HD era.

Look at it this way, when the GameCube was out Melee was the first game to show Peach with a high polygon model - this was the first time she truly looked beautiful. And what did they do in Melee to Peach? Well, they increased her sex appeal (because it was non-existant before Melee) with lots of butt attacks and panty shots.

Some people see her butt attacks as purely for fun. I can understand that partly. She's a silly character doing silly moves. However, if you have FIVE attacks wich uses your posterior, then that's far beyond comicical reasons. Someone at the Melee team, possibly Sakurai himself, obviously thought up all these kinky butt attacks for Peach to use. Also, there's actually a super early video (don't know if it exists anymore) where you can see that the Peach Bomber is not a butt attack - she uses her legs to kick her opponent. Someone changed legs to butt.

And the panty shots, well... admit, you have looked too! :embarrass: It's not that difficult either. I was at E3 2001, and they had a looping sequence where one part was Peach running away from Bowser on the F-Zero stage. The camera was placed so low you could see up her dress and spot her panties. I remember that very well, because it was the first time ever (but certainly not the last) Peach showed her underwear.

I also though they HAD to make that low camera angle just to show it off. Bowser was not even running after her, he just stood close to the camera and watched as she ran away, showing off herself.

This leads me to think that, at least in Japan, Peach was given some sex appeal deliberately by Sakurai/Nintendo. You know how Japanese prefer cute girls (well, I do too!).

Just look at all her butt attacks:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1258/hygy.jpg

It's not just her butt, it's her whole body language. Look at the way she positions her arms in the Peach Bomber, the b-air and her backwards booty bump. Her body language is adding sex appeal in those moves. Not to mention, she even has butt attacks in Mario Kart and Super Princess Peach, too! :grin:

Not much happened to Brawl. Maybe that was because the Wii was so close in horsepower to the GameCube, but now that the Wii U is an HD system with vastly improved performance, I think it's time to sex up Peach a little more.

First of all, give her different outfits! Look at her sexy sports outfit:

And no, it's not her minidress flairing out, her hips are that wide! She's got an hourglass figure, at least for her bottom part. And here's an upskirt shot:

WARNING! CONTAINS PEACH'S BARE BUTT
http://lh6.ggpht.com/__LHpdYLAt58/R...1m01c/princess+peach+SSX+on+tour+gamecube.jpg

Different game, but same dress. Don't tell me they didn't do that for sex appeal. You can totally see her (a bit flabby honestly) butt. ;)

In addition to sexier outfits (which would still keep the series' T/12 rating BTW), Peach should also receive at least one new butt attack. I mean, come on! Her sexy Peach Bomber is one of her trademark moves. What do people think of when they talk about Peach in the Smash Bros. games? Her parasol, her turnips and her butt attacks.

She lacks a butt attack as a ground based A move. Therefore I think her AAA combo move should be slap, slap, butt attack. Just like Luigi's version.

What do you think about making Peach a bit sexier in this game? Let me tell you, not everyone thinks that the though kick butt style (Samus) is sexy, some of us thinks kinky cute is sexier. ;)

Also, sales wise, there are lots of loyal otaku players in Japan who would love to play as a sexier version of Peach.
As I've mentioned before, I'm a little worried on how much sexier they make Peach. And I'll say this now: If they involve her breasts more, I'm gonna really breakdown.

Top Bottom