• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

Get Low

Smash Ace
I hope she gets bomb *** priority in this game like she had in Melee.
Also, I hope they make her Dsmash broken again. <3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited:
Has anyone played any of the more recent peachy games and seen what moves might possibly be replaced in her arsenal?

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Bring in moves from Super Princess Peach.
Would love to see some kind of crying move.

Is Gemmy going to be the "mod" again?

If not than I would like to apply for the job.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
She's still quite a kickass tho. Was quite deadly in Melee but in Brawl she had still potential to kick some ***.

But yeah, bring back the Deadly Pirouette.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It has been confirmed by my crystal ball that Peach will be top tier in this. She will be very different though but she will remain very fast and safe. As always!!

:052:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Bring in moves from Super Princess Peach.
Would love to see some kind of crying move.

Is Gemmy going to be the "mod" again?

If not than I would like to apply for the job.
My thought's exactly.

Instead of Toad being her Standard B, make it her Perry Projectile from Super Princess Peach; holding down B will charge the projectile, and while it's charging, she can still move and perform her A attacks. Letting go of the B button will release the projectile dealing damage depending on how long the button was held with a max of say 8-10%? Nothing too powerful as far as knockback and damage is concerned, but give her a projectile (along with her current Vegetable) she can use to camp and force approaches with, or hell, even combo with: Down Air -> Neutral Air -> Letting go of the B button to launch the projectile. It can work, couldn't it?

Also, with Toad no longer her Neutral B, it can give Nintendo a reason to add Toad as a playable Smash Bros. character, if they decide they want to do so.

BSP

Smash Legend
It has been confirmed by my crystal ball that Peach will be top tier in this. She will be very different though but she will remain very fast and safe. As always!!

:052:
But if she can't kill, it's worthless.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder why they shortened her mid-air jump in the first place, it just doesn't feel right. I hope they bring it back to her usual distance from melee.

Oh and please Sakurai. Give her a better final smash! Alright we get it, you wanted to make a pun on her name. I hope they give her a better final smash. Maybe one of her emotions things from Super Princess Peach perhaps? :/

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I will continue to main Peach no matter what, BUT...

If they make changes to her current move-set, I would get rid of Toad and make it a random emotion move. (Crying, fire, etc.) It will make her more unpredictable with her F-smash, and Down-B pulls. Peach Bomber should work off of shields. Lol.
I wish she had a reliable spike/'downward' attack. Like the second hit of her Bair had downward momentum or something. IDK. Hahahaha.

If they decide to make her a completely different character and base all of her moves off of Perry/emotions then it should be each emotion has a unique move-set with it (assuming all the specials will remain the same but her A button attacks will change with the emotion). It would also be cool if the emotions changed randomly by themselves.

Personally, all I want is a better airdodge, second jump, less Ftilt lag, and maybe a bit faster air mobility.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I actually prefer peach's second jump in brawl, it makes juggling easier at certain heights. If it was a little higher that would be good though.

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
I like that her second jump is low, but it's practically useless for recovery, especially when her umbrella recovery is so slow/low/and extremely spikable.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I like that her second jump is low, but it's practically useless for recovery, especially when her umbrella recovery is so slow/low/and extremely spikable.
Yeah when you think about it, Melee Peach's recovery is a whole lot better; better air speed, better mid-air jump, etc.. Peach should try to get back to her old Melee days for some of her moves.

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
And she can Peach Bomb the side of a stage for recovery. Peach honestly has very few weaknesses
Slow mobility, Dies quickly, few reliable kill moves.
If just one of those was changed, she would be much better in my opinion.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Who came up with the Peach Bomber anyway? I just find it awkward for Peach to use her rear-end to smack opponents in the face.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Apparently they liked the idea so much they had to use it as her B-air, b-throw, d-throw, and side special.

Fun fact: Hackers have found an unused "butt sticker" sub type that buffs butt attacks. Musta been removed because of how overpowered it would have made peach. Obviously.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Apparently they liked the idea so much they had to use it as her B-air, b-throw, d-throw, and side special.

Fun fact: Hackers have found an unused "butt sticker" sub type that buffs butt attacks. Musta been removed because of how overpowered it would have made peach. Obviously.
That'd make Dedede's chain grab more dangerous, too! :awesome:

Not to mention the Bowser Bomb. :laugh:

Let's see... That sticker would affect:
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Dedede

That's actually quite a few...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, it's funny that Peach is shown being flexible in the Smash Bros. titles, and yet in that Super Mario games and Mario spin-offs, she's not so flexible.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
That'd make Dedede's chain grab more dangerous, too! :awesome:
They had a list somewear on the wiki if you wanted to see.
Pikachus down throw counted as one too, incase they thought the pikachu v Fox MU wasn't already enough in pikas favor.

Anywho, i'd love to see peach have some more Super Princess Peach influence~ <3

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
One thing that I believe would make Peach more effective, though it may never happen, is being able to attack and/or air dodge out of her Parasol. Also - assuming they keep the ledge grab mechanics from Brawl - make it so she can grab the ledge should she face away from it during Parasol. I find it bothersome how she's the only character who cannot grab the ledge while facing away from it when using her Up B.

Top Bottom