• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Wow... I'm hoping I'm not the only one who really likes "girly" Peach. I think the hearts and ribbons and such are perfectly fitting for her character, a somewhat silly-minded princess with a surprising taste and aptitude for adventure combined with a heart of gold (Pink Gold, that is :awesome:). I like her being a little ditzy (but not "stupid blonde").
This, the cutesy and pretty stuff fits Peach best. I personally hated how her face and hair looked in Melee and I much much prefer her dress in Brawl and Smash 4 as well as the pretty hearts and ribbons and such. So overall I just think Peach got better and better in terms of her design and characterization. It's just so Peachy.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
With the customization of moves in SSB4, I might want to see an explosive variant of Peach Bomber, a nod to what it looks like in Melee and Perry might be used as one of her up special variant. There's so much possibilities here XD

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
With the customization of moves in SSB4, I might want to see an explosive variant of Peach Bomber, a nod to what it looks like in Melee and Perry might be used as one of her up special variant. There's so much possibilities here XD
Would love perry to be used as her umbrella

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I think I'm one of the few people who really loved Peach's melee design... Idk why but I've always preferred it over Brawl Peach. But Peach definitely looks her best in smash 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think I'm one of the few people who really loved Peach's melee design... Idk why but I've always preferred it over Brawl Peach. But Peach definitely looks her best in smash 4.
I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly; I actually adored her Melee design. I have never really enjoyed her Brawl design too much, it is okay though. Smash 4 is my favorite so far, she is just so reminiscent of a Disney Princess. Haha.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Same here, I've always preferred Melee Peach. Her dress design was less saturated, it felt more Peach.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Lets Review

Melee

Mature and Graceful

At the time Peach had not been playable in many games outside the Mario Party and Sports games, so for her to be playable in a FIGHTING GAME was a big deal.

No complaints here

Brawl

Many details were added to go with her appearance in more recent games. My main issue with this design is that it's too detailed. I mean it's neat to have her look realistic, but at the end of the day it doesn't suite her. I also hate her dress physics in this game.

WiiU/3DS

Somehow they were able to mix the detail of Brawl with the Colorful charm of Melee. She doesn't look as Mature as she did in Melee but she gives off a lot more personality than her Brawl design.

For Me

WiiU/3DS > Melee > Brawl

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I do like Peach's appearance in Smash 4 although her character render doesn't match her in-game model whatsoever, unlike the other characters. And it does seem like her dress physics won't be as seamless like it was in Melee, unfortunately.

Meanwhile...

time2buy

MechanicalWood

Smash Rookie
So there's new trailers and stuff but where's Peach? She hasn't been on the most recent trailers and all the other characters have!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
At least she got in one. Most veterans haven't appeared in any.
Yea at least we've been able to glean some information about her - although lots of the other characters featured in the demo events that have been going

Hopefully the lack of info means she's getting lots of reworking done behind-the-scenes which she's going to need if she's going to keep up with all the other characters in this game

Luminario

Smash Lord
I hope that the finished 3DS version has actual dress physics. In the 3DS demo Zelda's dress was attached to her legs but lets hope the finished version has the floaty dresses we all know and love.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
As for Peach dress the one from Melee was good for the game, but Iike this version better(yes with the drapes). Peach dress has a lot more poof as it should be. They also shaped her dress a lot better than brawl, but we have few in-game up-close shots of her. I also can't wait to see her smack the screen expression, after seeing Zelda's and Rosalina's LOL!

Luminario

Smash Lord
We've all talked about buffs we're hoping to see but what nerfs do you all think she could possibly receive? Besides the chance of removing her luck factor from Turnip pulls.
Do we know for a fact that the random turnips are gone? I know most of the other characters have lost any randomness but it's kinda Peach's thing. And I really cant think of a single thing to nerf cause the only was she can go is up. unless they cut the float time which would be disastrous

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
We've all talked about buffs we're hoping to see but what nerfs do you all think she could possibly receive? Besides the chance of removing her luck factor from Turnip pulls.
Whilst not a direct nerf, the lack of Glide Tossing in SSB4 may hurt her a lot, given how much more effective her Turnip game was with it.

As for actual direct nerfs, the only thing I can think of is that they make her moves slower or add more lag to her moves e.g. no more autocancelled Fairs. I doubt they'd nerf the damage output of her moves or nerf the knockback (her knockback is pretty darn low in Brawl to being with lol). I reckon her Float time is safe as well

I'm hoping we'll see lots of buffs for Peach - I reckon she's going to need them to keep up with the rest of the cast. As a side note, I'm particularly interested to see how she'll fare with the new ledge mechanics...

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Smash Bros. Peach will always be my favourite Peach. I know it's because it's a fighting game, but I like how she actually... well, fights. With slaps and frying bans and butt bashes... and her ditsy personality in the SSE (loved the scene where she is just walking through the explosions with an umbrella).

An added bonus is that she's always actually always fun to play as in both the Smash games.

Hate her "OMG HELP ME" portrayal in the actual Mario games.

Last edited:

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Smash Bros. Peach will always be my favourite Peach. I know it's because it's a fighting game, but I like how she actually... well, fights. With slaps and frying bans and butt bashes... and her ditsy personality in the SSE (loved the scene where she is just walking through the explosions with an umbrella).

An added bonus is that she's always actually always fun to play as in both the Smash games.

Hate her "OMG HELP ME" portrayal in the actual Mario games.
Agreed. I think Smash is what made me actually start really liking Peach. When I first saw her in Melee I was like "Peach.....Fighting???!!!!!!!"

SolemnDIvide

Smash Rookie
Ever since :4peach:'s addition to SSB I've taken a kind of odd intrigue with her and took the time to learn her and I gotta say I really like her. I mean who doesn't like a good "Butt :bomb:" mixed into your pots & pans smackdown. I'm always happy to see her come back and can't wait to see how she stacks up against all the characters this time around. ^-^

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
No nerf for Peach please. It's unneeded and she already was hit hard in Brawl.

I want her figurine so bad.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I believe that due to the floaty mechanics of Brawl, the developers may have thought the Peach's second jump would be overpowered and would make her too much of an air master, so they butchered it to balance her. BAD MOVE

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I believe that due to the floaty mechanics of Brawl, the developers may have thought the Peach's second jump would be overpowered and would make her too much of an air master, so they butchered it to balance her. BAD MOVE
They also nerfed her slap thrown , and ruined her down smash ... they hated Peach for sure during Brawl

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
They also nerfed her slap thrown , and ruined her down smash ... they hated Peach for sure during Brawl
I will admit that they did give her a few buffs such as her umbrella and giving Peach Bomber more range (although it did less damage). But they messed up her play-style, She is supposed to be character that will mess up your rhythm and surprise you with quick, random and sometimes even devastating attacks while also taking to the air for safety.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
no doubt at all, i can never forgive what they did
i feel like they thought she was too good in melee, which is NONSENSE
adding this to my thread ! :oneeye:
No nerf for Peach please. It's unneeded and she already was hit hard in Brawl.

I want her figurine so bad.
she was, it was ridiculous how nerf'd she was, i mean she wasn't terrible, but what were the developers thinking ??
i need at LEAST 84 peach figurines when they come out. it's not a want, it's definitely a need
Ever since :4peach:'s addition to SSB I've taken a kind of odd intrigue with her and took the time to learn her and I gotta say I really like her. I mean who doesn't like a good "Butt :bomb:" mixed into your pots & pans smackdown. I'm always happy to see her come back and can't wait to see how she stacks up against all the characters this time around. ^-^
peach loves you too :lick:
she definitely has lots of catching up to do with all the buffs characters are getting this time around
No information or even showing us anything new about her :(

Actually, her eyes are closed during the taunt and she isn't holding her dress...unfinished dress physics ahoy?
that's one thing that has bothered me since day 1 of her announcement
her dress physics are still not finished and its making me so … :mad:
i feel like its so late in the game and they're still working on the basics !!!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I fear they're gonna nerf her frames, particularly ending lag of her aerials. They were retardedly safe for Brawl standards, Fair and Dair in particular, not to mention crazy stuff like Uair strings. In the worst case scenario, they might nerf her float by making it impossible to do aerials during float of by having float canceled automatically when you input an aerials but they probably wouldn't do that because this is just what makes her fun.

Peach is gonna be a good character anyway. I just feel it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I fear they're gonna nerf her frames, particularly ending lag of her aerials. They were retardedly safe for Brawl standards, Fair and Dair in particular, not to mention crazy stuff like Uair strings. In the worst case scenario, they might nerf her float by making it impossible to do aerials during float of by having float canceled automatically when you input an aerials but they probably wouldn't do that because this is just what makes her fun.

Peach is gonna be a good character anyway. I just feel it.
I'm pretty sure she will get some buffs and recover most of her old assets. Her 2nd Jump (Spin) distance seems to be higher this time according to the footage on the direct (The Balloon Fight stage)

Last edited:
Top Bottom