• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I agree, Peach's dress look's as though it's one of the most complex one's to animate or work with.
It looks like they are trying to make it just as free moving as it was melee (the bottom of it at least) compared to how stiff it was in Brawl.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Her dress was pretty weird in Brawl. I never realized what it was exactly, but now that you mention it, it wasn't affected much by the wind...

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Looking at it in Brawl it seems as though instead of making it windblown, they just gave it its own animations.

I also just noticed that the upper part of her dress is stuck on her butt and legs

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh well, I guess that explains why she won't be playable at E3. It's a shame but oh well, at least they put as much work as the previous time in her animations.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm glad they are really paying attention to detail with her. I wonder if her down smash will be buffed?

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
You guys think since Peach is getting a little rework since she is not an optional player in the invitational?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
They already seem to have altered her animations from what we could see during the direct, so it is very possible.

Kendall--> Hopefully. It didn't have much utility in Brawl. Whereas others could simply press their c stick down as a get out of here move, Peach was seriously handicapped.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Yeah she was hurt pretty bad in Brawl. At least it looks like she got her double jump back, I could hardly get anywhere with her in Brawl.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I agree, it felt very odd. It was the first thing I noticed in one of Brawl's trailers (where she was jumping in the SSE mode, haha !).
Maybe they could work on the trajectory so that she cannot touch more than once or something... Though I feel it was fine in Melee.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Peach was severely nerfed in Brawl, which was quite disappointing. Sure her downsmash was the strongest in the game and was kind of overkill, people quickly adapted and didn't crouch cancel her attacks.

I mean I could see it being nerfed a bit but it went from best in game to worst :( Practically the same with her double jump

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Am I the only one who prefer Brawl's Peach's double jump over Melee's? I personally love Peach Brawl's double jump. I was always able to cover so much with it. To me it was a better jump.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who prefer Brawl's Peach's double jump over Melee's? I personally love Peach Brawl's double jump. I was always able to cover so much with it. To me it was a better jump.
Yes you are because Peach could cancel the full height of her jump like ness or mewtwo by using an attack for the same effect as her brawl double jump. It was literally just a complete reduction in her capabilities. She also floated way slower making her jigglypuff bait

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Yes you are because Peach could cancel the full height of her jump like ness or mewtwo by using an attack for the same effect as her brawl double jump. It was literally just a complete reduction in her capabilities. She also floated way slower making her jigglypuff bait
Sure. But you needed to do extra unnecessary work. And lol at "Peach being Jigglypuff bait". You must've have bad experience playing Jiggly's in Brawl because in my three years playing brawl. I never had trouble against a Jiggly.

But alas, to each with their own.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Let's not forget her stupid air dodge in Brawl either...
I agree on that. Brawl did mess up Peach in a lot of ways from turnips banishing by touching a block bubble to her terrible down smash (still didn't stop me from being one of my two mains). But one thing I did enjoyed about her was her second jump. The way Brawl worked, it suited well on the game.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Man guys, I can wait, but I really can't wait till we get to see Peach in action. Hope the wait well worthy it.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah would not mind something from super princess peach.....that game really needs a sequel
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, Peach needs to have even more playable roles. The princess has been kidnapped schtick is getting old. Just have someone else be kidnapped and have Peach try to save them along with Mario and several others, just like in Super Mario 3D World.

Last edited:

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I remember reading somewhere that the reason Peach wasn't playable in the New Super Mario Bros. games was because they would need to add more physics for her dress. Now that she is playable in Super Mario 3D World, it has opened the door for her to be playable in more Main Mario games.

And someone needs to start a campaign for Super Princess Peach 2 on 3DS

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, Peach needs to have even more playable roles. The princess has been kidnapped schtick is getting old. Just have someone else be kidnapped and have Peach try to save them along with Mario and several others, just like in Super Mario 3DS World.
Wouldn't mind a game were she teams up with daisy

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Lol if there's one thing Nintendo can't do right it's Peach's ****ing dress physics. Even in 3D World it's bad. Melee, though, it was really natural, idk how they did it. I wish they kept it like that.

I am patiently awaiting my former main (I'll probably dual main Peach and Rosalina this time). Cool that she's on the boxart, tho.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I really and truly believe that the reason her dress was so stiff in Brawl is due to the fact that you could easily see her panties in Melee.

In 3D World it seemed to wobble around instead of blow back and forth. It didn't bother me much.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how her dress physics should be but I hope the are much better than brawl. Brawl was underwhelming. I don't think it can be as flowing as melee. Because her dress looks poofier and is slightly heavier. It seems to have bigger radius than the brawl and the melee version, hope this is good for her d-smash, range that is :).

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
What I didn't know in 3D World was how it poofed suddenly when she was floating... It just felt weird, especially since it stayed even after the end of the float.

Plus you can see her panties even with Brawl physics, so no problem ! Heck, Zelda didn't even have panties under her dress in Melee and her dress wasn't altered drastically. If anything it seemed to show even more of her legs.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
What I didn't know in 3D World was how it poofed suddenly when she was floating... It just felt weird, especially since it stayed even after the end of the float.

Plus you can see her panties even with Brawl physics, so no problem ! Heck, Zelda didn't even have panties under her dress in Melee and her dress wasn't altered drastically. If anything it seemed to show even more of her legs.
I think since her dress is poofy in 3D World, they wanted it to stay that way or hold form. One thing I like to know why did they start to get rid of her dress slip in general. Not trying to compare Nintendo to Disney, but it seems in Disney it's mandatory for all the gowns to have slips. Peach's was brought back only in 3D World.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, after seeing Zelda's dress physics, I daresay if Peach's dress physics are the same, they'll be jim-dandy.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
They should just rip her character model from melee and be done with it.
Seriously. She looked so mature and sophisticated in Melee. She was sexy, strong and still feminine.

Had I known Peach would later become Sailor Moon with all this heart magic bull**** I would've mained someone else.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Wow... I'm hoping I'm not the only one who really likes "girly" Peach. I think the hearts and ribbons and such are perfectly fitting for her character, a somewhat silly-minded princess with a surprising taste and aptitude for adventure combined with a heart of gold (Pink Gold, that is :awesome:). I like her being a little ditzy (but not "stupid blonde").

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Wow... I'm hoping I'm not the only one who really likes "girly" Peach. I think the hearts and ribbons and such are perfectly fitting for her character, a somewhat silly-minded princess with a surprising taste and aptitude for adventure combined with a heart of gold (Pink Gold, that is :awesome:). I like her being a little ditzy (but not "stupid blonde").
No you're not the only one.

While I really do like Peach's design in Melee over Brawl, I do think that it was a bit out of character (Headbutt, really?)
As the years go on Peach becomes more and more of a unique character and that's thanks to her quirks. I think I will like her Smash 4 design the best.

Top Bottom