• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Peach looks great for the new Smash. One of her pictures from Smash 4 has given me an idea for a new signature. Too bad I have to wait until I get off the boat to make it...

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I love her appearance in this game. I just hope her Down Smash will be buffed again. I don't say it should be as broken as in Melee, but a little more power would be welcome.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I think Peach so far, has been the only confirm character not shown in action. She's only in the Rosalina trailer, but she's not actually shown in gameplay. Even Marth was seen in gameplay.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I think Peach so far, has been the only confirm character not shown in action. She's only in the Rosalina trailer, but she's not actually shown in gameplay. Even Marth was seen in gameplay.
i'm figuring Sakurai is still changing things about her.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
After looking at today's Miiverse Smash Photo, the one with Rosalina/Mario and Peach. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed in Peach's model. I appears they have shaped Peach's skirt inaccurately again. I suppose to have a like a triangular/bell shape, but it doesn't here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After looking at today's Miiverse Smash Photo, the one with Rosalina/Mario and Peach. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed in Peach's model. I appears they have shaped Peach's skirt inaccurately again. I suppose to have a like a triangular/bell shape, but it doesn't here.
That can always be resolved before the game's final release.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Here's hoping it will be, cause currently it doesn't do her dress any justice.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
didn't sakurai say somthing about customizing angled moves or somthing?

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
im thinking its an item now since looking at other pics on the site we see peach with the same hearts she has in brawl, unless they changed it of course.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
sakurai did say the game is still in development and certain aspects are subject to change. maybe now sakurai has changed the hearts to a rainbow, but i could see it as a new up air too.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure that rainbow is a new move, I'm leaning more towards it being an item. The way her hand/face look, it kinda makes me think she like released it into the air or something

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Peach fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters from the Mario universe that are on the poll include any that were in Brawl previously or which are newcomers to Smash 4. The locks for the (extended) Mario universe so far are Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi. Peach, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Wario, and Rosalina all need some more support before they can break into the area of "locks" (Peach herself is about 10 votes shy of making it). I would be really, really grateful if you'd take a little time out of your day to do this short poll. Thanks ahead of time!

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't much Peach love in the direct. I want to rewatch the gameplay bits for parts with Peach. Her umbrella seems to have maintained its vertical buff. I want to look for her second jump and see if it's still super low.

Also, have we seen turnips yet? No doubt they're returning but I can't recall seeing any.

Last edited:

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Saw a VERY brief shot of the second jump, couldn't tell either way, though. Her new run is similar to how she runs in SM3DW though.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs#t=2067

If you watch at 34:27 of this video you can see how impressive her parasol remains, and ALSO, which is just as if not more important, the landing lag from Brawl seems to be greatly diminished. Peach lands and moves almost instantly. Though this clip might not be the best to judge by.

Last edited:

zachmundell

Smash Cadet

If you watch at 34:27 of this video you can see how impressive her parasol remains, and ALSO, which is just as if not more important, the landing lag from Brawl seems to be greatly diminished. Peach lands and moves almost instantly. Though this clip might not be the best to judge by.
yay! watch that same video at 4:46 and you'll see her second jump.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
It was nice seeing her in the Direct. I was hoping they were going to give her her own little segment on the returning characters portion of the video.

Also ^^^^ very happy it looks like her second jump is back to covering more distance. Hopefully they keep it that way!

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman

Definitely, not a good clip to judge by: that footage is from Smash Run mode, and all characters' properties are affected and modified by boosters. She probably has some jump and/or speed boosts in that video.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Definitely, not a good clip to judge by: that footage is from Smash Run mode, and all characters' properties are affected and modified by boosters. She probably has some jump and/or speed boosts in that video.
It's quite possible, you're right. I'm still going to remain hopeful that terrible lag from Brawl has been axed until further notice though. At least we can see regular footage that her double jump has been brought back to its former glory.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Nice to see my main was buffed in a lot of areas. She seems stronger, and they gave her some new changes, like dash attack's magic sparkles and the running animation. Now she has a good double jump and Brawl's up-B, too. Hope to see more of her later.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I'm happy too to see her double jump was reverted back to her Melee Days. And the picture of her making a rainbow appear, I think it's an example of customization. She doesn't look like she's in the air, and her pose reminds me of her up tilt.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
I'm happy too to see her double jump was reverted back to her Melee Days. And the picture of her making a rainbow appear, I think it's an example of customization. She doesn't look like she's in the air, and her pose reminds me of her up tilt.
i'm sure customizable moves only include special attack. and from what was shown it seems like they're just altered version of existing special not a whole new one, so doubt this is a new special move.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
i'm sure customizable moves only include special attack. and from what was shown it seems like they're just altered version of existing special not a whole new one, so doubt this is a new special move.
Oh, I didn't know that.

How does everyone feel about Peach Bomber being back? My only hope is that it's faster and hits shields.
I've always liked the move as far as I can recall. It can sometimes catch your opponent off guard. I would like it to explode when colliding against a wall, as it was the case in Melee, but I'm fine if it stays as it is. Even though I would not mind more killing power.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
How does everyone feel about Peach Bomber being back? My only hope is that it's faster and hits shields.
I'm actually a big fan of the move, the range it was given in Brawl was welcomed and many people don't expect it on the occasions I use it. Additionally, the air it gives you always transitions well to set up an aerial attack. So overall I am very pleased it is back. Of course the move is still quite flawed, hitting shields coupled with Brawl's range and aerial set-up would remedy this. Add in the speed you mentioned and suddenly "wum-cha" is formidable.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I didn't have a problem with it. At least in Brawl, it had some uses. I also hope it hits shields too.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
The lack of turnips in the direct is making me reeeally nervous.
i wouldn't mind if they changed it. the direct didn't show much of her so its likely that she's still getting buffed. her down B will probably get buffed since everyone else is getting buffs, her bair was shown in the 200+ pics nintendo showed so was her tennis racket side smash, its possible that she only has that as a side smash.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
After looking at the Direct ,the part on Pit, it says his gliding Mechanic has been cut. So, Can we expect Peach's float time to be reduced even more? If so, it might make sense if you look at her air time in 3D World. I wouldn't mind this at all, provided she get upgrade/s in other areas.

Top Bottom